Sea Villas

2201 Hill St., New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 32169, United States

More about New Smyrna Beach

black tip sharkblack tip shark

old sugar mill ruinsold sugar mill ruins

norwood'snorwood's

Begging Great Egret at Sea HarvestBegging Great Egret at Sea Harvest

Driving directions from Orlando Int. Airport

by 4real1

Driving directions please..... from Orlando Intl. Airport to NSB. Without driving
I-4. at all costs.

by nomad7890

Not sure if this link will work:

If not, go to www.mapquest.com, pick "directions", then for starting directions click on the little place and select Orlando (MCO).

On the Ending location enter New Smyrna Beach, FL (no street address unless you have one). Then make *sure* to expand the little box under the Ending City and click on Highway, you should get what you need.

Did not try this on Google Maps ...

Hello,

From the airport you merge onto Fl-528 east via the ramp to cocoa. This is a partial toll road. Tale exit 37 on the left and merge onto Fl-407 N leg bee line expressway toward I-95 Titusville. Merge onto I-95 and follow to New Smyrna Beach.

This will avoid I-4.

by nomad7890

When I read I-4, I interpreted is as "no freeways". If they just want to avoid I-4 - then I-95 will do, but if they want to avoid freeways, they'll need to look for the other route.

Awful long route - but no freeways.

Pittsburgh? ah, my managers are there!

Hi Nomad,

I took as she just wants to avoid the congestion of I-4 not all highways. It will be interesting to see which one of us interpreted her correctly ;-)

I can't imaging the length of time to get to Smyrna without taking a highway but if she has the time.....

Love Pittsburgh, though it is still cold. We had snow just last week.

by nomad7890

I love the funicular (OK, I know it's called something else and I always get corrected - the Incline?). Love going there when it's cold. The building I visit is in Stanwix - and if it's near Christmas there's a great view of the hill from the window. See all those boats up in the river, that church that's up there, and all the lights. I also have a view of where the rivers meet.

If you work near Stanwix, maybe I'll drop you a line whenever I get up there and we can have a VT lunch.

All the best -M

ps. sorry for the thread hijacking!

by monorailgold

Sounds good to me and, yes, it is called the Incline by the locals. Just drop me an email when you are in town and we can do lunch.

Sounds great Donna!

Travel Tips for New Smyrna Beach

MM 845.2 Riverview Marina

by grandmaR

In addition to the old hotel (originally named Barber House) and the restaurant, this place also has a marina which can take boats up to 100 feet with a 10 foot draft.

We attempted to get dock space here on the way north in April 2004, and they said they had no space. 2002 prices were 95 cents/ft. We have not stayed here. The URL is for the hotel.

old sugar mill ruins

by doug48

pictured is the waking trail just behind the sugar hill ruins. this trail takes you through a florida palmetto hammock which gives you an idea of what the new smyrna beach area looked like in the mid 1800's.

new smyrna beach

by doug48

"new smyrna beach"

new smyrna beach was originally inhabited by timucuan indians about 10,000 years ago. the spainard ponce de leon visited the area in the 1600's. the town of new smyrna was founded as a colony by the scotsman dr. andrew turnbull in 1768. new smyrna was named after turnbull's wife who was from smyrna turkey. new smyrna beach is the oldest town in volusia county. turnbull brought about 1,200 colonists from turkey, greece, and italy to grow hemp, sugar cane, indigo, and to produce rum. because of tropical diseases and seminole indian attacks the settlement was abandoned. in 1830 william kembile established a sugar cane plantation and mill in new smyrna. the city of new smyrna beach was incorporated in 1947. in the 1950's and 1960's new smyrna beach was a fishing village and the beach was sparcely populated. in the 1970's condo developers came to new smyrna and lined the beach with the high rise buildings that you see today.

in my opinion new smyrna is one of the nicest atlantic beaches in central florida. you can drive on the beach which is rare in florida. cape canaveral national seashore offers an unspoiled beach not effected by condo development. the mosquito lagoon offers excellent redfish and seatrout fishing. ponce inlet and the atlantic ocean offers excellent surf fishing. a great place to visit when in central florida.

Comments