Bluewater Bay Resort

2000 Bluewater Boulevard, Niceville, Florida, 32578, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • You Should not go.

I can not recommend this place to anyone because of its management policies. Management will withhold a cleaning fee wherein the amount is not disclosed in advance and is not included into the written lease. I have written the BBB and the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs to complain. The property manager admitted that retention of the cleaning fee is not on the lease, but they have withheld $75 anyway. They state this is an automatic fee and they treat everyone the same way. We also paid a pet deposit of $250 which is not refundable and stated so on the lease. We agreed to this pet deposit, understand it, and this amount was disclosed in advance. Our unit did not need extensive cleaning when we left it. Keeping $75 of your money to pay its staff though is the surprise you get when you check out.

We will hopefully get resolution of this matter through the BBB or Florida Department of Consumer Affairs. I would suggest that anyone checks these sites before renting at this property in case the property's policies get changed or corrected or amended.

Unique Quality: I think the units are individually owned but managed on site by one property manager. If I was an owner of a unit, I would be incensed to think that the property is giving my unit a bad reputation for withholding cleaning fees. The property admits that it withholds these fees automatically for everyone and I noted that it claims to rent to many military personnel. All consumer sites for rentals encourage you to check the lease and read the lease carefully. In this case, you may need to make sure that your security deposit is not dinged for an automatic cleaning fee and get specific language in a signed lease.

More about Niceville