Bahama Bay Resort

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Bahama Bay Resort

The accomodations were very good. For the most part the employees wre friendly. one of my issues/complaints is I was on a second flooor villa and I think the third floor villa above me had a herd of cattle living there. I called the front dest a few times asking them to contact the individuals and let them know that they ahve neighbors below them. In my heart I don't think my concerns were ever relayed because the running,jumping and stomping never stopped. The resort also gave out a book which guest were suppose to be able to use coupons at one of the resturants on property and when I tried to use it each resturant told me I had to use it at a different resturant. Kind of a gimmick to get you in and get you to spend money. Be careful at the resturants because they charge an 11-15% grauity that comes as a surprise when you get your bill/check because its not posted anywhere and the waitress at the Tradewind resturant are awful.

Unique Quality: The resort is very beautiful. The landscape is excellent.

More about Bahama Bay Resort

the perfect base

just returned from 2 weeks at bahama bay resort. found the 3 bedroom condo very spacious and immaculately clean.really was the perfect home from home with all the essentials included. with 3 children found the washer and drier very convenient. the resort was spotlessly clean and the pools were a pleasure to swim in and relax bye. we were amazed to find somewhere so quiet and tranquil and yet so convenient to all the attractions. with a supermarket 2 minutes away and the restraunts along the 192 highway catering was no problem.to sum up bahama bay is a perfect base camp for your florida vacation.

Just Okay

We stayed here from Feb 5-15th. The rooms were spacious and pretty clean. Though many spots on the carpets. There were no people around we were the only ones at the pool most of the time. The people that worked there were not very helpful or informed. The bar had no liquor license.
The store was shut most of the time. It might get better when everything is finished. Pretty boring right now. Would not give more toilet paper even if you asked. Very far from attractions also you definately need a car. The internet cafe consisted of a few computers on a desk. Not very exciting for kids more for older people.

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member rheaday

Stayed Feb 18-21...After many good reviews I was disappointed with our stay. We entered our condominium to discover that we were not in the unit I had reserved. I call the desk and was told that Expedia had over booked so we had been down graded. I was told that I would have to get the difference in price form Expedia. After a long talk with Expedia I was only able to get some of the difference in price back. The carpet in the unit was dirty, spotted and in much need of cleaning. There were crumbs under the dining table. The cord on the blind in the twin bedroom was frayed so the blind would not go down. Maintenance had left early so we put a blanket over the window. Since we were in and out during the day we didn't get it fixed. The two trend mills in the fitness room didn't work. The so called theater didn't work. The weather had been cool at the start of the week but had warmed so the girls wanted to swim ....the pools were too cold. Not heated. This place is in need of some care. They are building new units but need to work on what they have. We rarely have problems when we travel so this was a surprise especially after reading all the good reviews.

this place is no RESORT

by TripAdvisor Member bergquist3

our family of 7 stayed at bbr 2/17-2/24, we were very disappointed. i had researched this property before our trip and was looking forward to a nice RESORT, this is not a resort, it is a condo complex that is poorly managed by resort quest.

Sadly, not what we expected.

We too had researched extensively this "resort." We couldn't find anything but great reviews. Sadly when we stayed 2/12-2/26 we were disappointed with some major issues. We stayed on the third floor, moved at our request to main level which took a few days to do (no elevator for my mom, lots of stairs to third floor). Bad move - main floor room had stained carpets, smelt of mold (mildly) and you could hear every footstep and water running from upper floors. We moved back to our 3rd floor room (very, very nice - clean ++) You are responsible for all of your consumables (tp, dishwaster soap, etc) just so you know. The pool was the most disappointing. We compromised from normally staying on the Gulf to this inland "resort." We weren't doing the Disney parks - just wanted to be in the pool all day long. This didn't happen ! The pool is NOT heated, frankly, it was freezing !! We had a couple of cold nights and cloudy days - no sun, no heat ! Not to mention it was dirty (hair clumps frequently), algae on the pool walls and the deck area garbage wasn't changed/collected for at least 5 days at a time! The large main clubhouse pool was much colder ! The spa (hot tub) was hot but jets rarely worked - only 3 times over 13 days !
Overall, we had 2 nice days in the pool. The landscaping is beautiful, we did stay in a nice unit but everything else was not worth it. The bar/clubhouse area was always "dead." Nothing for a family to do with kids. We were told there was no internet service available - was supposed to have a cafe. Just wondering if anyone else got internet ?
One desk staff person was helpful, others just took comments and nodded. Overall, didn't strive to help us. More attention should go into servicing this beautifully built area. Personally, we won't go back. There were very few positives, too many negatives, especially the pool area. Wish we would have read some other reviews similar to ours recently posted before we left - everything previously were nothing but glowing recommendations. Can't control the weather - but at least control the pool temperature. Good luck !

Had a nice time for the money

Our family stayed from the 2/17-2/24. I also went strongly on the reviews, and it did meet my family'sneeds. The resort is in the middle of an orange grove, and away from busy 192, so it is very quiet.
However there is not alot to do at the resort. The condo was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. There was a problem with sounds coming from other rooms above. The two days weused the pool, it was heated and clean, however large clubhouse pool was not heated. I understand they are still in the developing stages, so maybe they could use these comments to their advantage. All in all, for the price we paid, we felt we got a good deal.

Great place March 2004

I stayed here march 2004, the resort was very nice. Spent most of the ime at the parks so to me it was very nice to get back after and have a drink in the bars, the kids loved that the most. Lots of playing areas for the kids, the played ball, I watched them from the patio/balcony. Booked at BahamaBay and changed my dates from 10 nights to 7, they gave arefund without fuss, very good. A little building work going on to the resort rear, but not worth fussing about. all in all, I'd go back next year. . .

Beautiful

Arrived, greated and given key at club house, no toilet paper in one of bathrooms but called club house and received some in 10 minutes, didn't here any fellow vacationers from our condo, pool and spa hot and clean while we were there.

best ever holiday

myself and my family stayed at bahamabay in december 2003 we had the best holiday ever.it was very clean and had everything you could want, it was like home from home. there was nothing to fault about the place and the staff were excellent they couldnt help you enough. we certainly cant wait to go back.

Wonderful Condos

by TripAdvisor Member Confused

I was very confused at the different reviews so I didn't know what to expect. My family rented the three bedroom condo on the first floor and thought it was wonderful. I think the key to deciding whether this resort is a good or bad one depends on whether or not you get one of the newer condos. We got a brand new one and thought the place was absolutely clean and spacious. The pool was cold on the cold days, but perfect on the warm days. We were there in mid-March, so the pool did not seem crowded at all. The disadvantage of being on the first floor was that we did have some traffic noise from the second floor, but it wasn't bad since we were hardly in our room. The other problem I had with staying at the condo was that no one really offered you any assistance. It was impossible to get any questions answered or assistance, like getting extra toilet paper and/or garbage bags.
Overall, I thought this was a great place especially if you have children. Additionally, you are able to see Magic Kingdom's fireworks from the balcony.

Is this power pole a "hidden Mickey?"Is this power pole a "hidden Mickey?"

Mr. & Mrs. Potato HeadMr. & Mrs. Potato Head

Alligator at GatorlandAlligator at Gatorland

His skills improveHis skills improve

Florida vs Vegas

by amanda831

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are looking at three weeks in Florida, Bahama Bay resort and then a week in Vegas, during April/May 2007.

The only thing we are not sure about is whether to go Vegas first or after Florida.

Your opinions/comments would be grateful.

RE: Florida vs Vegas

by St_Vincent

One factor is whether you want the longer flight on the way out or the way back and what the best flight deal is. My first thought was NOT to go to Vegas first because you won't want to leave, but then I thought if you do Vegas first you can party for a week then have a rest in Florida. Have a great trip, and welcome to Virtual Tourist.

RE: RE: Florida vs Vegas

by pulgaron

Vegas or Fla your choice, but unless you love the road donot drive FLa - Vegas. It takes four to five days to drive.

Cheers.

RE: Florida vs Vegas

by springbreak105

I would go to Vegas first because you will have lots of sleepness nights and be exhausted after your week there! Then fly to Florida and relax with a drink on beach!

Have fun!

Best area around Orlando?

by dldkag

Hi,

Our family has been to Orlando/Disney a number of times, but we've always stayed at hotels or Disney resort properties. I'm currently looking into renting an off-site condo or home for 4-5 days around Easter, and I was just wondering what areas around Orlando/Kissimee are good for a short family stay? (The websites I'm using have dozens of different area names, and I don't know how to narrow down my search.) Thanks for any help.

Dave

by Lauz

Take a look at Bahama Bay resort, it's pretty nice, would need a car though as its not directly on the 192. About 20 mins from Disney.

by Lauz

Forgot to say it's in the Lake Davenport area.

by dldkag

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

by smith.ross

We have visited many cities in many countries due to our passion for traveling. We fell in Love with Orlando on our first visit. We realized that there is NO OTHER PLACE like this. We frequently visit many of the theme parks and other attractions on many mini trips and every time we go we see a new and wonderful side of orlando. This link may help you too www.coolorlandovacation.com.

best way shop theme park tickets , deals?

by darkange1

hi i was wondering if you know how i can get reduced tickets for disney and universal in orlando??
ill be staying at the bahama bay resort

by jumpingwithnorman

Hi, there. Check out www.mousesavers.com
They've got listings of all current deals. Also since you live in Miami, they might even have specials for Florida residents. You might want to check out the Disney & Universal Studios website.

by Lauz

Universal studios do offers for florida residents through their website www.universalorlando.com for both parks. Disney on the whole don't really reduce their tickets, you might find offers on other websites but they don't usually offer more than a few dollars off. Be careful of stands you see on places like I drive advertising cheap tickets, they involve timesare presentations.

Not sure if you have stayed at Bahama Bay before but it is really good!

by monorailgold

Disney offers a Florida resident discount on tickets. You can check out this page for the discount:

disneyworld.disney.go.com/florida-resident-tickets-passes/?flresident=true&explicit_segmentation_event_Id=true

Other than that, Disney doesn't usually discount tickets a whole lot. The more days you buy the cheaper they become and you may save a few dollars through mousesavers.

Donna

by JennaTailor

Why don't you try to get discount tickets through timeshare presentation? I had this presentation in Mystic Dunes Resort (i think you can do it in several resorts). After 2 hours we got our tickets. We didn't plan to buy any timeshare, but our representative changed my mind - we purchased! But you are under no obligation to buy...just spend there 2 hours and get your tickets! Great savings!

by Michael_D

Last year WDWorld gave a free ticket to anyone/anywhere on their birthday. We did it 2x. They will discontinue it next year and in its place is a "give a day..get a day" program where volunteering your time at one of their approved charities and you will recieve a 1 day pass.

Comments