Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration

BaymontInns.com Tingo.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 55% less but rated 19% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Vacation Horror

My friends & I planned to go to Epcot for a weekend getaway and booked through Bookit.com. The lobby was impressively nice but there was a dark side hidden behind. The first room we were given room #1220 had blood stains on the wall, carpet and light switch ( we have it on video just in case). We then went back to the lobby and requested for another room. The reply given to us was, "well, I am not sure if the next room I will give you is clean." So, we were given this other room, #1113. The customer service person was not lying. It was also unclean. This one had "poo" smeared on top of the toilet water tank, spots of "pee" & " body fluid" on the toilet seat with a womans private part hair and used towels crumpled on the sink counter. We also have this on video So, again, we went down and spoke with same person. This time, because we were quite tired trying to get a room at midnight, we were now in a complaining mode. The reply given was, "why did you choose this place?" "call bookit.com and complain there" "it's the fault of the cleaning people; I am just working here". This experience was so disgusting!! The 3rd room given to us was acceptable, #2605 but we approached it with caution because of the previous 2 rooms.
    My friends room #1222 was not very clean either but she didn't bother to complain. The bed cover had shoe marks on the underside ( the one that is in contact with the supposedly clean sheets) and very dusty. She saw the cleaning person the following morning and requested for cleaning and additional towels for another day; left her a $5.00 tip before we went to Epcot. When we got back at 9pm, the $5.00 tip was gone but there was no trace of the towels requested which she agreed to give in the morning. She also did not replenish the coffee used and the shoe marks on the bed cover was still there. In face, there were shoe marks now on the bathroom floor. The horror did not stop here. While we were at Epcot, we received a phone call from the "Manager" and I made my friend speak to him. He was horrifying to. He was nasty to him all around because of the multiple experience we complained about.

Unique Quality: This place' only outstanding characteristic is the lobby.....a beautiful face behind a body of horror.
    ALSO, the charge of $4.50 plus $0.59 tax for "resort fee"/service charge per person per day. When we asked about this, the explanation given to us was this was for : FREE parking, FREE shuttle to Disney and FREE wifi & Internet access. That is indeed a unique amenity.
    We just returned from this weekend trip and could not get over this horrifying experience so it is worth sharing.

Directions: It's not worth directing

• Baymont Blech

The Baymont Inn and Suites was a serious disappointment for me and my family on our recent trip to Orlando (early March 2011). We first checked into a room that was dirty and dusty, the beds looked used and there were cockroaches in the bathroom. We asked to be moved to another room and got a slightly cleaner one. Over a period of five days, we experienced the following inconveniences:
    -we ran out of towels and asked for more and the staff did not bring any
    -the advertised hot tub was non-existent
    -the free wireless offered did not cover most of the hotel and was not available in our rooms. There was one computer for public use in the lobby and it was broken 4 out of 5 days while we were there). I complained about this and the person working the front desk shrugged and said "well, you can bring your laptop down to the lobby and use it" but I did not have it on me as I assumed I could use my ipod and their computer in the lobby while there.
    -there were ants all over the toaster area of the continental breakfast area
    -the "heated" pool was not heated at all and the maintenance man laughed when I asked and said it is never heated.
    -we met another family staying there who had MOLD in their room that was causing them respiratory issues.
    -the front desk never ONCE answered when we called down to ask questions about taxis, movie hours, shuttles, etc.
    -we missed calls from three different people (that I can confirm) as the front desk told them we were not staying there (???)
    -the area around the pool was very dirty for the first three days we were there.
    -I would not stay at this place again and I would never recommend it to friends and family unless the Baymont cleans up it's act. I politely expressed my frustration over some of these issues and the staff response was "oh, I am sorry but there is nothing I can do"

Unique Quality: more cockroaches and dust than any other hotel.

More about Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration

Holiday Inn Maingate East,...

by gkitzmil

Holiday Inn Maingate East, Kissimee, FL -- The WORLD'S SECOND LARGEST HOLIDAY INN with over 600 rooms remodeled, lots of rooms specially built for kids, low rates if you negotiate

holiday inn main gate east

by dila about holiday inn main gate east

holiday inn main gate east
we booked a roundtrip so i dont know the prices
from 57,88 dollars i think location,pendelbus to disney
(we went by our rental car)
microwave,refrigerator.
family-oriented

What Day to Go

by jtb2inky

If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, take advantage of the "Extra Magic Hour" early hour park openings. This is open to Disney Resort guests only. It allows you to enter a specific park, on a specific day one hour before normal opening times. This will let you get on more rides, with smaller waiting times. In 2004 the schedule is a follows:

Magic Kingdom - Thurday and Sunday
Epcot - Wednesday
Disney/MGM Studios - Tuesday and Saturday
Animal Kingdom - Monday and Friday

The flip side of this rule is true as well. If you are not staying in a Disney resort, and do not qualify for early entry - stay away from the parks on the days they do open early. On these days the parks fill up quickly with Disney resort guests, who often do not go to the other parks. For example, if you are staying at the Holiday Inn Maingate (not a Disney Resort), do not go to the Magic Kingdom on Thursday or Sunday, when Disney resort guests will flood the park.

Pleasant staff and affordable rates

by our2jbboys about Holiday Inn Main Gate East

I found this hotel to be affordable, convenient to disney and shopping and all of the hotel staff that I encountered was extremely friendly. Rooms where typical of a Holiday Inn; clean, somewhat spacious, good ammenaties, etc... If you stay, ask for a room in the rear tower. We stayed in the front tower, because we were offered an inexpensive upgrade, and the noise from the street was a little bothersome at night. Other than that every thing else about the hotel was very nice.
One thing I should probably mention is that we reserved this room on Priceline and received a pretty good discount compared to the average cost per night. The one thing that really stood out to me was the willingness of the staff to go the extra mile. Upon arrival we were offered a very affordable upgrade from two double beds to a double and a bunk bed with a wall seperating the sleeping areas. When the alarm in an empty room next to us went off at 4 a.m. the staff took care of it within minutes after I called and we never heard again the entire time of our stay. At check out there was a minor discrepancy on the paymant meathod- they charged my credit card automaticlly and I had wanted to pay cash -the accountant was brought up to the front desk right away and the problem was taken care of immediately.

Pretty darned nice, but some pest problems

by TripAdvisor Member Susyn

I took a "stay"cation to Orlando from July 25-26, 2008. I booked the Legacy Grand Hotel in Kissimmee but, upon arrival, they said they had overbooked and they had to transfer me to their better class hotel, the Days Hotel Maingate, 6 miles away. I arrived at the Days Hotel Maingate, and was given a handicapped room, because of a temporary disability I have right now. So far, so good. The handicapped rooms were located together on the ground floor, and had three parking spaces outside with signs over them designating them as handicapped, but only one was a handicapped space in size and markings on the pavement; the other two had been painted over and were no longer handicapped spaces (seems curious, as they were in front of three handicapped rooms, but only one handicapped space was available anywhere near these three rooms -- not very handicap friendly). The room itself, overall, was quite impressive and well appointed. The two queen beds were mounted up high to accomodate handicap guests, but the bathrooms were not handicap friendly (not a single rail to grab onto near the toilet or in the shower -- what were they thinking?). The water gets very hot very fast and has high pressure, so that was a plus. The room has a huge plasma TV (very nice!) and a nice larger than average "dorm" fridge with separate freezer, and a microwave! All the cabinetry looked brand new to me. The room definitely looks good and I loved the amenities. Plus it has free wi-fi internet which was of strong signal strength in my room (85-100% at all times). There was no TV guide channel on the TV, nor a printed guide to the channels offered by the hotel, but there was a guide to what was playing on HBO found in the room. There was no guide to what services the hotel offers (such as whether or not they have an onsite restaurant or pool, or anything, plus no one at the front desk gave me a run down on this, nor did they give me a brochure describing any of it -- therefore, I have no idea what to tell you except that I discovered the free wi-fi on my own). The minus was that the bed linens were actually frayed and I found bugs everywhere in the room. When I first closed the drapes, a big white spider with a body about the size of my small fingernail, ran out. Okay, I thought, housekeeping left the door open too long and it got in. The bathroom had a big black beetle on the floor the size of my thumbnail -- I captured it and flushed it. The next day, I turned on the lamp next to my bed, and found a newly spun spider web (presumably from Mr White Body Spider that had run from me the day before). And I found a fresh thumbnail-sized beetle on the bathroom floor, along with what looked like at least seven or eight ticks. AND a small roach ran across the kitchen countertop (no food had been left out in the room, so I didn't invite them). Yuck! So, the room has great amenities, but it is not handicapped friendly, has fantastic cabinetry but shabby bed linens, and the room has a pest problem. I could stand it, because it was a one night stay and I was on a budget (I had pre-paid $40 for the Legacy Grand room), so I got MY money's worth and do not regret the visit. But if I needed to stay there for awhile, had paid the hotel's rack rate for the room, or if I had been seriously handicapped, I would have had a problem with the pests, the lack of wall-mounted handgrips in the bathroom and the lack of handicapped parking. See my pictures for details of the above pros and cons.

What a Great Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member chandlerdrive

Upon arrival to the hotel you immediately get an impression that this may be simply an average location with average rooms. I assure you that simply is not the case.

You will know this as soon as you walk into this beautiful lobby that utilizes various colors of leather furniture, textiles and paint to add to the ambiance and experience. My wife thought that we were in the wrong hotel never believing that a location like this existed in Kissimmee.

The front desk staff greeted us warmly and we found them to be extremely helpful and friendly. But the true surprise was going into our room. Wow! The colors were burgundy, cream and black, accented with rich dark colored furniture, a huge plasma TV, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker and sink. Black marble or granite in the bathroom area and a tile insert in the shower. It was simply unbelievable.

The only problem that we experienced was the condition of the elevators. But, we were told by the crew that apparently is working there on other improvements that they do not have a service elevator and therefor have to use the same elevators as the public. I guess elevator refurb will be done last.

Any way, in short, we were pleasantly surprised and if you stay here you will be too.

Also, there is a little secret that we learned from the staff. This hotel has a little known entrance to access Disney quicker and you don't have to go onto 192 at all, so you can avoid traffic. I don't want to let the secret out but ask them about it.

Don't Stay Here

by TripAdvisor Member dbc1717

This hotel has no business being in the top 15 hotels on tripadvisor. The hotel condition is not good, there were roaches in my room every day, room was generally dirty/smelly, and the advertised free wireless internet was horribly slow. I needed to get work done and couldn't due to the slow speeds. The 42 inch plasma tv is nice but it's hard to enjoy in such a disgusting room. The hotel is not expensive but I am sure you can do better if you look around for the same price.

Very nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member DessertsDivaFL

I booked this hotel based on other reviews from this website. I really wanted to stay on Disney property like we normally do but we could not get a value resort for the dates I needed.

This hotel used to be a Holiday Inn. It is now a Days Hotel which I found on the Days Inn website. I booked a two night stay with my two teens and they wanted the Kids Kondo room. It was very nice. They liked the bunk beds and junior bed with their own TV and video game system. There was a video player but we didn't use it. There was no remote for their TV and the hotel staff couldn't locate one.

The room was quickly renovated. I say that because I could see the old paint through the new paint on the door jams. That was only cosmetic so no big deal. The bed was very comfortable and the TV was huge! It must have been a 42" plasma. Pool was nice and the grounds were fine. Staff was friendly at all times. The hotel is located behind the McDonalds (Marker 5) and is conveniently located to everything on US 192 (west portion).

The only thing I would advise future visitors is there is a switch on the wall by the door that is for the A/C unit. Leave it on. I accidentally turned it off and later thought the A/C unit died. After the maintenance man meticulously checked everything he looked on the wall and said "Oh, the switch is off". I notified the front desk to have this switch labeled. Apparently a few rooms don't have the label.

Not bad, friendly staff, great proximity to Disney esp Animal Kingdom!

by TripAdvisor Member TheElves

The staff were friendly and helpful but some of the maintenance and cleaning standards could do with improvement. 3rd floor ice machine out of order and leaking for entire two weeks, maid sometimes hardly bothered cleaning the room, making the bed or re stocking coffee, other days cleaned perfectly and bed re made. Great holiday, hotel was fine for what we needed, we were out most of the time and the beds were very comfortable.
Pool was fine although it faded my swim shorts and the pool bar never seemed to be open (at least wasn't whenever we used it). Hotel bar never open either although plenty of options just outside. Even breakfast felt a bit soul-less eating in the lobby breakfast area on our own - ate out after first day.
Head towards Disney directly on the Sherberth Rd adjacent to the hotel for a fast route to Disney without touching the 192, you'll see the Expedition Everest ride in Animal Kingdom, poking above the trees in seconds. Great ride!!
Best restaurant in our opinion within walking distance was Black Angus steakhouse - you must try their prime rib steak!!
The buffets like Ponderosa and Golden Corral are great value for breakfast - you won't need to bother with having lunch in the parks. CC's pizza buffet for $5.49 a head was outrageous value and much better pizza than Giordanos up the road where we had awful service.

Great Price for what you get

by TripAdvisor Member Bigj8703

The hotel was under rennovation but you would not even know it. It was very clean and Comfortable. Our refrigerator was not working properly the night we got there so we contacted the front desk and they sent someone up the next morning and it was fixed. Great Customer service. Everything looked brand new in the rooms. There are not enough parking spaces near the elevator, but we managed. Overall I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

wai tiki retro tiki loungewai tiki retro tiki lounge

Giant cell phone in the 90s sectionGiant cell phone in the 90s section

Alligator at GatorlandAlligator at Gatorland

Vader's entranceVader's entrance

Old Town Orlando Florida

by marthalena

I am looking for hotels that are located in Old Town Kissimmee Florida. I want to be right on the path of the old car show. Do you knwo of any hotels?

by riorich55

Check out this site.

Many years ago when we had 4 small children we stayed at the Comfort Inn Maingate East which had reasonable room rates plus a refrigerator and stove so we could have some meals there.

by drnigelc

Here are a couple of options...

The Suites at old Town -- they are located right at the entrance to Old Town, and are always running cross promotions...

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate East before (back when it was the Travelodge Maingate East), it's right across the street from Old Town. They just did a complete remodel/renovation.

Seralago is close, and pretty popular:

Also check out the Comfort Suites, as they are located near the back of the Old Town center.

Here's a map of hotels around Old Town:

Hope that helps!

by coreid24

There is a nice place with in walking distance of Old Town. Lots of restaurants and close to the interstate. It is called Seralago. I used to teach a class in one of their ballrooms.

by touristips

Here are 3 right at Old Town
Suites @ Old Town
Days Inn Maingate East
My Kissimmee Cottage

What time of the year can you get the cheapest accommodations in Orlando?

by MIGuy729

What time of the year can you get the cheapest accommodations in Orlando?

by gilabrand

I think you can get a good deal right after a major school holiday, like in April, after Easter, when the kids go back to school. That's when we were there, and got an inexpensive package of motel + a car in Kisseemee. On top of that, the weather is tolerable, and the lines at Disneyworld are much much shorter.

by dila

we were there in half june the rooms are around $30.
the hotel we had in 2000.
was very good. had a refrigator, microwave......

5678 IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY

High-speed Internet Access
Whirlpool
Kids Eat Free
Health/Fitness Center On-Site

this year we also stayed in orlando
but the hotel was a bit less.
not much in the area too.

hope this helps a bit
diana

by gcmm

i agree. Like any time of year school vacations are the the most expensive,i no. My wife is a teacher and in connecticut feb vacation,april vacation etc are the most expensive times. Prices sky rocket.
So i would check school vacation times around and try to not to go then.
You should be able to get good deals then. We have been to orlando 3 times during the summer, we don't mind the heat. prices were very good for that time of year.
You can all ways find good deals in orlando.There are so mnay places.Just depends on what you are looking for and where you want to stay. International drive has countless places.
Greg

by joesorce

Mid-January to mid-february

early May

mid september to late october

early december

by rfp

Check out aevillas.com
Thats who I use every year and their rates are the best I have found to date.

by Disneyfan31

I know the low seasons for the theme parks is the month of May and Sept 1-Nov 16. It's a great time to visit the parks because kids are back in school and it makes for shorter lines and obviously cooler weather. If you are looking for a place to stay, check out our rates at our website: www.rusmarproperties.com. It can give you an idea of how the rates can fluctuate during the year. We're in a gated community in Kissimmee, just 10 minutes from Disney.
Hope to hear from you.