Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration

Tags

Family Travel Theme Park Trips Food and Dining
See Amenities

Vacation Horror

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 13, 2011

My friends & I planned to go to Epcot for a weekend getaway and booked through Bookit.com. The lobby was impressively nice but there was a dark side hidden behind. The first room we were given room #1220 had blood stains on the wall, carpet and light switch ( we have it on video just in case). We then went back to the lobby and requested for another room. The reply given to us was, "well, I am not sure if the next room I will give you is clean." So, we were given this other room, #1113. The customer service person was not lying. It was also unclean. This one had "poo" smeared on top of the toilet water tank, spots of "pee" & " body fluid" on the toilet seat with a womans private part hair and used towels crumpled on the sink counter. We also have this on video So, again, we went down and spoke with same person. This time, because we were quite tired trying to get a room at midnight, we were now in a complaining mode. The reply given was, "why did you choose this place?" "call bookit.com and complain there" "it's the fault of the cleaning people; I am just working here". This experience was so disgusting!! The 3rd room given to us was acceptable, #2605 but we approached it with caution because of the previous 2 rooms.
My friends room #1222 was not very clean either but she didn't bother to complain. The bed cover had shoe marks on the underside ( the one that is in contact with the supposedly clean sheets) and very dusty. She saw the cleaning person the following morning and requested for cleaning and additional towels for another day; left her a $5.00 tip before we went to Epcot. When we got back at 9pm, the $5.00 tip was gone but there was no trace of the towels requested which she agreed to give in the morning. She also did not replenish the coffee used and the shoe marks on the bed cover was still there. In face, there were shoe marks now on the bathroom floor. The horror did not stop here. While we were at Epcot, we received a phone call from the "Manager" and I made my friend speak to him. He was horrifying to. He was nasty to him all around because of the multiple experience we complained about.

Unique Quality: This place' only outstanding characteristic is the lobby.....a beautiful face behind a body of horror.
ALSO, the charge of $4.50 plus $0.59 tax for "resort fee"/service charge per person per day. When we asked about this, the explanation given to us was this was for : FREE parking, FREE shuttle to Disney and FREE wifi & Internet access. That is indeed a unique amenity.
We just returned from this weekend trip and could not get over this horrifying experience so it is worth sharing.

Directions: It's not worth directing

Baymont Blech

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 10, 2011

The Baymont Inn and Suites was a serious disappointment for me and my family on our recent trip to Orlando (early March 2011). We first checked into a room that was dirty and dusty, the beds looked used and there were cockroaches in the bathroom. We asked to be moved to another room and got a slightly cleaner one. Over a period of five days, we experienced the following inconveniences:
-we ran out of towels and asked for more and the staff did not bring any
-the advertised hot tub was non-existent
-the free wireless offered did not cover most of the hotel and was not available in our rooms. There was one computer for public use in the lobby and it was broken 4 out of 5 days while we were there). I complained about this and the person working the front desk shrugged and said "well, you can bring your laptop down to the lobby and use it" but I did not have it on me as I assumed I could use my ipod and their computer in the lobby while there.
-there were ants all over the toaster area of the continental breakfast area
-the "heated" pool was not heated at all and the maintenance man laughed when I asked and said it is never heated.
-we met another family staying there who had MOLD in their room that was causing them respiratory issues.
-the front desk never ONCE answered when we called down to ask questions about taxis, movie hours, shuttles, etc.
-we missed calls from three different people (that I can confirm) as the front desk told them we were not staying there (???)
-the area around the pool was very dirty for the first three days we were there.
-I would not stay at this place again and I would never recommend it to friends and family unless the Baymont cleans up it's act. I politely expressed my frustration over some of these issues and the staff response was "oh, I am sorry but there is nothing I can do"

Unique Quality: more cockroaches and dust than any other hotel.

Nearby Baymont Inn & Suites Celebration

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews