Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort

2000 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States

BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Best Western Disney Resort

For a Disney Resort name hotel it was no big deal. The website is much more appealing than the hotel itself. The outside and lobby is very attractive until you get to your room. I would not consider this hotel a resort by any means. The resort charge is bogus you pay $7.99 for a regular pool that even the cheapest hotel have. The carpet in the room was stained in several places. The room had a table but no chairs to sit on, so we had to sit on the beds and floor. Even though it was cold we tried the A/C because it felt warm in the room so we turned it on and the noise began that we had to turn it off and open the balcony door for air. The safe was broken we were unable to use. We were not happy campers and I would not stay here again. I have stayed in better none resort Best Western with even better amenities.

• Avoid this hotel ..at all costs

You can see from the majority of reviews you should avoid this place. like the plague. Towels were like sand paper. tempurature control was not working...I know Florida - but needed to raise the temperature...couldn't do it. We were freezing the whole time in late November.

They took a $150 deposit..even though this had been paid long ago by the Timeshare company I was going there for ...and they deducted it out the minute I checked in but said I couldn't get it back until 2 days after I checked out. They didn't tell me about this at the time they were doing it. Sleezy practices!!! Makes money on our money imagine $200 per gueat room times hundres of rooms for 6- 7 days each. Nice I could live on that. they should be reported someplace for this.

We enjoy a drink when away like this...they had the cheapest glasses I've ever seen.. small
    plastic cups..not big enough for a drink!!

This place has the apperance of a nice hotel but since they are privately owned they milk it for everything they can get

We had the buffet...forget it....... go to I Hop or somewhere else.
    It's strickly the Management's fault ..service is not in their plan.

Unique Quality: the ice was good.

Directions: Good area--- in Hotel Plaza Boulevard...that's there only saving grace. find another hotel there or elsewhere. Tell your firends.

• HOTEL PERFECTION

Gem of a hotel... I would absolutely stay again and recommend this hotel to ANYONE that is looking for a great hotel at a reasonable price. The hotel does have a few years on it BUT the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments at the hotel are superb so the age of the hotel is not a problem at all. The hotel is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location and the bus service to and from Disney is outstanding. The entire staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. I have stayed in hotel coast to coast, east to west, and north to south as well as hotels in foreign countries and NONE of them have matched the quality of BEST WESTERN LAKE BUENA VISTA.

Unique Quality: Love the tropical setting from the hotel landscaping to Jaws and Jesse (the two parrots)... Jaws and Jesse whistle and make other interesting sounds which adds a lot... The food at the restaurant is ALWAYS outstanding... Everything in the room was perfect so we didn't need to ask for maintenance... Clean, Quiet, and Comfortable (Especially comfortable were the beds).

Directions: Downtown Disney Area

• redBodhisattva's Profile Photo

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - inside DisneyWorld

Got a great deal with bookit.com, about $275 for 3 nights; inside Walt Disney World for under $100/night on a weekend.

For the price, things were great. The beds super-comfortable, the room more than spacious. The staff and bellmen were competent and more-than-happy to watch our luggage twice and get us transport to the airport.

One Major Point:
    If you're like me and enjoy a good breakfast on vacation, don't count the "Free Continental Breakfast" as such. It really translates to: Bagel or Toast, and Coffee or Juice.

Meanwhile a sumptuous buffet is offered in the next room for an extra $6/pp including biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, waffles, etc.. Opted for this one morning.

Unique Quality: The pool is quite nice, with reggae music, good atmosphere and a bar with a walk-up window and a smoking patio.

Since it's inside Disney you get the free and frequent buses to all the parks.

Downtown Disney is within walking distance, as is a shopping center outside the park if you wanted to grab some supplies and snacks.

Directions: inside Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista area

• doug48's Profile Photo

lake buena vista

the best western is located in the lake buena vista hotel complex. this hotel has an excellent location near downtown disney. bus service to all of the disney attractions is wthin walking distance of this hotel.

Directions: lake buena vista

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Cozy 3-star hotel in Walt Disney Resort Complex

I went to priceline.com and said, "3 Star for no more than $40/night" and... whoa... I got it! I was a little worried about how it would turn out... we drove up and saw that they're doing a little remodeling outside the lobby... but other than that, it was GREAT! The hotel is inside the Walt Disney World Resort and was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities one would expect from a 3-star hotel. The staff were really friendly and when I asked if the room I'd just been assigned was non-smoking, they apologized because it wasn't... and upgraded me. We got a king sized bed on the 14th floor, with a wonderful view of the lake and the light show that is Pleasure Island. Very Nice!

Note: If you attempt to book a room at this hotel via their website, it will cost considerably more. The $40/night was what I was able to get through www.priceline.com.

Unique Quality: The resort provides continuous complimentary transportation to all four major Walt Disney® World Theme Parks. The Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel boasts a heated pool, kiddie pool, play ground, restaurants, lounge, exercise room, business center, Internet Café, and Pizza Hut Express.

Directions: Walt Disney World Resort

More about Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort

We really enjoyed the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JGK

We spent 9 days at this hotel, 2/10/04 to 2/19/04. We got it for $60 a night! $40 bid accepted on priceline.com + $5/day "resort fee" (mandatory) + $15 upgrade for fridge/microwave. The room was great and had a wonderful view of the pretty lake and nightly fireworks. The weather was so-so, but the pool was warm enough for the kids to swim in most of the time, even when the temps were in the high 60's. The hotel was very nice for its class, which is upscale Best Western, Holiday Inn-type hotel. It is not a Hilton or the Ritz Carleton, but is perfect for a family visit to Disney World. The kids loved the game room, the food in the restaurants was plain but good and reasonably priced, the buses to Disney were very nice and convenient (we had to stand a couple of times, but so what? Everybody on the bus was happy to be going to Disney world and very friendly.) The hotel is very conveniently located, walking distance to non-Disney strip mall with restaurants, grocery store, etc. and walking distance to Downtown Disney. The hotel staff was extremely nice. I emailed ahead of time and got prompt answers to questions. The wallpaper and carpet in the hallways was, well, funkadelic, but the room was really nice and the balcony had a fantastic view. We had no problems, and the other families in the hotel all seemed happy with the place, too. I would say that it is an economical but very nice pick for a family vacation. Our 8-year old daughter was addicted to the game room - be prepared to spend lots of money there during so-so weather days if you have kids! We would definitely stay here again. That is, if we ever return to Disney World, which is a fun but extremely expensive and tiring place to spend a vacation. In my opinion, that kind of vacation is too much work, especially if you're the mom and have to plan everything in advance and keep everybody happy while you're there. For the life of me I cannot understand the appeal of returning to Disney World year after year . .
. I have an extremely successful business client that owns a timeshare there, so others obviously feel differently about it than my husband and I do!

Great Views of the Lake, Downtown Disney and Epcot

I read the other reviews here...and I'm confused. The hotel is clean and has great customer service. We enjoyed a view of the Lake, Downtown disney and Epcot...fireworks can be seen at 9 pm from our balcony. The room was clean. The food in there restaruants is good too. We will stay there again.

Best Western Lake Buena Vista (LBV)

by ejchu7

Hi Group,

We've booked a room at the BW LBV and were wondering if any of you have stayed there and what your opinions were.

Thanks!

Re: Best Western Lake Buena Vista (LBV)

by joesorce

This is an older budget hotel that gets generally poor reviews but has been recently renovated. If you booked a nonrefundable reservation than you can grin and bear it, it's not a disaster, but there are better choices in the area at the same price.

Comments