13428 Blue Heron Beach Drive, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Blue Heron Beach Resort

Awesome location

by RickL about Blue Heron resort

Excellent suite includes kitchen, 2 baths, awesome views and 4 pools as well as lake access. Wish we had spent more time there! There is a lake on the grounds just beyond the pool area. From out 25th floor balcony we could see Kissimee and Orlando as well as the fireworks from Disneyworld.

A dream come true!!

by TripAdvisor Member yolyfelo

I won my stay at the Blue Heron Resort thru a radio station. 7/27 - 7/31/07 With my 7 year old son and 66 yr. old mom we stayed at a completely furnished 1 1/2 bedroom, 2 bathroom fully furnished condominium. The view from the 5th floor balcony was exquisite, with pool, gym and small arcade for the children. Supermarket, pizzeria in walking distance. The staff in the front desk was exceptional!!! I Really do not want to leave anyone out, but Jim, Ryan (practically guided me over the phone how to get back to the resort when I got lost driving!) The 2 young latina ladies were very sweet & helpful. The lady with the long blondish hair was also helpful. It was our 1st time at Florida and we had a wonderful time!! We had dinner at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends, went to Sea World (great Shows) and loved Arabian Nights!!! We definitely would like to return next summer there. Mom loved cooking in that fully furnished kitchen and I loved the washer and dryer. Lots of parking is available. This Bronx New Yorker would love to return to a place where Parks are 15 to 30 minutes away!!!

Great Location & Nice Facility

by TripAdvisor Member blakster

Stayed here with my family of five for ten days at the end of July.
The rooms are very nice with great views. The name is a bit misleading however, there is no beach, amd I wouldn't call it a resort.Pool area is adequete, although there is some noise from the ongoing construction of the adjacent complex. The views from the balcony are great! We had a one bedroom unit with bunkbeds, and this was just about right for the three small kids. There are some good restauraunts within a short drive and there is a Wal mart super center close by, great for late night refigerator stock ups.
Not a high end hotel complex but, a nice quiet place to relax away from the bustle of the Disney resorts. Very good value as well.
I would reccomend this "resort" to families that don't mind being away from the amusement park atmosphere for a bit.

Great bargain for large family

by TripAdvisor Member HoustonGirlie

This resort was perfect for our family of six. Most of the Disney resorts could not accommodate this size for a reasonable price. You can't beat the location. Literally, our longest commute was to Magic Kingdom and was still under 15 minutes.
Pluses: the pool and jacuzzi, the apartment-style unit with full kitchen, w/d, 2 baths and great balconies (2 of them, one facing Disney the other facing a beautiful lake), the service was great, quiet location, covered parking garage, the price (under $200 per night!)
Minuses: the beds are extremely uncomfortable. The mattresses are poor quality and the sheets were cheap and scratchy. I would recommend bringing your own sheets for the beds. That is my only complaint.

Easy Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member zipsgrad

My family of 4 spent 3 nights at another hotel before beginning our 7 night stay at the Blue Heron. What a difference! I will never vacation with family at a regular hotel again. We spent our mornings on the balcony overlooking the pool while eating our breakfast and our evenings watching fireworks from the other balcony. The kids loved having their own room and our oldest slept in the bunkbeds when his sister was getting on his nerves. The next time we go to Disney, we will definitely stay at The Blue Heron. It did take us a day or two to figure out the easiest way to enter and exit the resort. There was always heavy traffic in the area.

Great hotel for Orlando

by TripAdvisor Member ocassionaltraveler

The Blue Heron is a great hotel for families visiting Orlando. Our family (3 adults, 1 child) rented a one bedroom suite towards the end of 2007. Unlike many similar places, it is not a time-share resort, so no pesky sales pitches. We would definitely if visiting Orlando again

Pros:
- Close to Sea World and Disney Resorts
- Covered parking
- Rooms nicely furnished; Fully equipped kitchen; Washer and Dryer; Free High Speed Internet (ethernet cable in room) [Check out their website for more details]
- Mini Supermarket next door to Hotel; Walgreens Pharmacy across the road; Walmart Supercenter about 5 miles away
- Heated Kiddie Pool
- Fitness Gym
- TV & DVD players in bedroom and family room; DVD Rental machine in Registration Lobby
- Friendly staff

Cons:
- Beds are not firm
- Front doors slam easily and thus are noisy

Views too die for

by TripAdvisor Member dannyscotland

Just returned from 2 weeks in the Blue Heron, spent Xmas and New year. Check in was painless, staff where all very pleasant and attentive. We where given our 2 bed condo on the top floor of the new building (21st floor), the views are amazing, from the balcony you look left to Orlando and right to Kissimmee, and from the front you can almost touch Epcot and MK. The condo's are very well furnished and roomy enough to spread out. The resort is very handy for the I4 freeway and many restaurants at your doorstep as well as all the Disney parks and the premium outlets. For the price of a hotel room you can have a great condo within easy reach of everything you need.
The views from the balcony are so peacefull, you could sit there for hours, with no noise it's great.

Great time at Blue Heron

by TripAdvisor Member chicagoguy

We just returned form our stay at the Blue Heron-Great location to all parks!Construction appears to be completed.We had a wonderful time!The room was clean and had updated decor; there is dish soap, laudry soap, coffee filters,plates, silverware & regular soap & shampoo;it had everything you could need.We had groceries delivered ahead of time ( www.gardengrocer.com) and it worked out wonderfullly!! I had no problem with the beds or pillows.View was spectacular!Check-in a breeze.There are lots of restaurants & store w/in walking distance.Key card is needed to use the elevator to get to rooms.I liked that security feature.Kids loved the 2 pools.Would definately stay there again!!

Inept and dishonest staff, hidden fees

by TripAdvisor Member ShadowCinnamon

Although the room itself was lovely, the staff at this hotel were inept and dishonest. After requesting a crib on the reservation, I called the hotel several hours before check-in to make sure the crib was present. I was assured that it would be there. This hotel has two towers and at check-in the clerk gave us the right room number but the wrong tower. Our family hauled all the luggage upstairs only to be locked out of a room. My husband went back down and the clerk fixed the problem. After we finally got into the correct condo, we discovered that our crib wasn't there. We called the front desk and the clerk said there weren't any. I asked whether he meant none were available or that they had none. He said he would call back in a few minutes. When he called back he said the hotel no longer had cribs because people stole them. I said we were promised a crib by the woman on shift before him. He said it was a new policy that was enacted a few days ago and that there was a note in some file about it. Upset, we told him there was no place our active 18 month-old baby could sleep. Then he suggested we drive to a store and buy our own portable crib! I was flabbergasted and said this was unacceptable. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that no one else was on duty. We asked if there was an emergency number for management and he told us there wasn't. At this point I knew I was being lied to and asked who he would call if the building caught on fire. He said he'd call 911 first, then call an emergency number. I told him he could use that same emergency number to call management to resolve our situation. He refused, but offered to buy us a crib out of his own money and let us talk to management in the morning. At this point we were ready to leave the hotel. He told us he'd call us back in about 10 minutes. When he called back, one of the maids had miraculously found a portable crib and would bring it to our room immediately. This means that we were lied to all along - the hotel did have portable cribs on site! I have no idea if the "no cribs" policy was a lie but I suspect so. What kind of family oriented hotel doesn't have portable cribs? At check-out we were hit with a $50 cleaning fee that we were unaware of. It wasn't posted on our reservation or our check-in papers. The hotel claimed it applied to any stay less than seven days. This was after I stood in line for 30 minutes because two other families were complaining about mixups in their bills. The hotel doesn't have express check-out. Also, there are no phone books in the rooms, and I suspect this is a ploy to get you down to the lobby to the concierge desk so they can sell you meal plans, tickets, etc. In conclusion, the room layout was great and we slept comfortably, but the ineptitude of the staff, error-prone check-in/check-out system, and lack of customer focus will cause us never to stay there again.

Best Hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member LakeGeorgeMomof3

The blue Heron was awesome!!! My entire family loved the place!! We stayed in a two bedroom condo and was had so much room and I could do my laundry throughour the stay so when I went home I had no dirty laundry to deal with!! The place is so close to everything and the front desk was very nice and helped with directions and printing our boarding passes for the flight home I felt they would help with anything I needed!! I have no complaints at all!! Best place we have ever stayed at and would love to come back!!! The photos given by the hotel and another reviewer are accurate!! The Blue Heron looks exactly as it is dipicted in the photos!!

SILVER SPRINGS

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

Hi.

Has Anyone Been To The Silver Springs Theme Park And If So Is It A Good Way To Spend A Day?.

Cheers.

Re: SILVER SPRINGS

by grandmaR

I went to Silver Springs in 1954 and enjoyed it then - I'm sure it is different now.

Re: SILVER SPRINGS

by springbreak105

I havn't been to Silver Springs. I was going to but wanted a more natural spring not commercialised.

So I went to Blue Springs and Weikiwa Springs both about 30-50 mins from Orlando.

Blue Springs is good fro swimming.

Weikiwa Springs is good for canoeing/kayaking.

Re: Re: SILVER SPRINGS

by grandmaR

Yes I remember the glass bottomed boat tour from 1954. Didn't remember all those details.

The other thing I know about the place is the old Red Cross Life Saving text books had photographs as illustrations and they photographed it at Silver Springs because the water was so clear.

What to do in Orlando

by jimkpa

About 15 years ago my nephew took me to Church Street Station in downtown Orlando. I have seen some comments that it is closed or no longer a good attraction. Has anyone gone there recently and is it worth going? 4th trip to Florida, did all the parks already as well as beaches but we never ventured into Orlando City. Any suggestions on what to see in the city for a family?
Jim

by Donna_in_India

How about the Space Center or Busch Gardens/Tampa? Or swimming with the manatees at Crystal River? Sorry I haven't been to Church Street Station in a long time so can't help there.

by nomad7890

Church street is closed, and although the adjoining downtown area is fun, to me is a horrible tourist area with terrible food and lackluster service. Where the younger drinking crowd likes to hang out. My son and his wife took me there - it can be OK, as well as walking around Lake Eola which can be fun, but be very picky of any place you eat. Particualarly avoid Ceviche's or whatever they call it. They sell proscioutto and claim it's Jamon Iberico, and claim to have a flamenco show which is pitiful - the woman is dressed in rags (no, not even good looking) - and they are crazy on the drums (for flamenco? pleeeease!). I'm sure there must be a decent place though, and it's good to walk around in the evening, just don't go to the other side of I-4.

I would go to Leu Gardens and Wekiva Springs State Park - in the park you can rent a canoe and row down the river, see the real Florida. You can google for both places - sorry, I'm in a rush.

Restaurants, I like Boston Fish House in Aloma Ave ... in or near Winter Park. Careful, it's Boston Fish House, *not* Boston Lobster Feast.

by jimkpa

Thanks for helping me rule out that place. I will look for the fish house restaurant for when we are near there one evening. We still might try the combo Seaworld/Busch Gardens unlimited pass for $100 each. It adds up for a big family : )

by jimkpa

Oh yea I was planning the canoe trip at either Wakiwa Springs or Blue Spring State Park for one day. Which one do you like better?
Jim

by nomad7890

Blue Springs is closer to the St John's river, a bit busier nearby although you see some manatees there. I think Wekiva Springs is nicer.

by zeevik03

You can visit the new Harry Potter Theme Park. Should be great fun

You van get some info here:

Comments