Blue Tree Resort

Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
Orbitz.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Blue Tree Resort

Don't believe the haters; Blue Tree is a great family vacation spot!

I am returning home today from a 7-day stay at the Westgate Blue Tree Resort. I admit, the issues between the two organizations are a little discomforting for the guests due to boundaries of services and activities. However, if you are just looking for a greaaaat place with the comfort of your own home, this is it! I could not believe how distracted my opinion of this resort had become even before I arrived on July 31, 2005. I entered into the trailer office with a mad look on my face because another dissatisfied guest on this site reported a trailer check in and it was true. However, they did not indicate that the reason the office was in a beautifully decorated trailer was due to the aquisition of Westgate over Blue Tree and how the companies were split over the property. Westgate put the Blue Tree staff out of the registration building when they purchased 30% of the property. Blue Tree has the consortium of the new building which will be opened within the next 30 days all throughout the resort including the individual villas. The new buliding will have guest relations, registration, activity rooms and game rooms, etc... It is expected to be top of the line for the resort.
As far as problems with the plumbing, sewer, pests, etc... I did not expereince any of these issues while I was there. I did need to call on housekeeping services approx. 3 times, and each time they called right back and responded favorably to my requests.
The office staff were all very kind and courteous and never made me feel as though I was a pain in the neck. Anything I called for they offered me a positive response and insisted that it was their pleasure to make my stay as comfortable as possible.

My vote is an absolute yes for Blue Tree Resort. They are not only affordable but they understand the importance of quality.

Good Luck Blue Tree on your resort rebuilding efforts.

The Hardee Clan!

The nice home away from home!!

by TripAdvisor Member crashnburn7895

What a great place!! Me and 4 other people stayed in the Westgate Blue Tree resort last week for 3 days. It was just like a home away from home, it had everything you need. We stayed in the 2 bedroom/2bathroom villa, it was SWEET!! Very nice/helpfull staff, great pool's, and a very nice overall appearance. We all had a great time, and deffently will be staying here next time.

Ok

The hotel was great, but I have been in better. I thought there was a lot of activities that you and your family could enjoy. There was: basketball, tennis, a gym, 5 or 6 pools, an arcade and on certain days the emploies would do some activities with the children. There was free breakfast and lunch, but not on the same day. The rooms where all different depending on hoe much you paid for your room. The room my family and I stayed in was very nice. - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, dinning area, and closets. Also a balcanoy that was very small if you were staying on the 1st floor. Overall I liked my vaction and stay at The Blue Tree Resort and on July 23 my family is going again to stay for another week. I hope you found my review helpful and have a wonderful vaction!

Great location

Spent a week at Blue Tree Resort (not through Westgate) with a getaway through my parent's vacation plan. We had a one bedroom in building 18. They were doing some remodeling...the cosmetics were tolerable during this process, however, the workers started a little too early. There were definitely smokers in the unit before we arrived. As nonsmokers, the smell was gross. Saw one palmetto bug when unpacking which didn't thrill me but didn't see another for the rest of the stay. The bathroom was a decent size with a linen closet and medicine cabinet...great for getting all that stuff off the sink top. This bathroom smelled strongly of smoke, there were several very long black curly hairs on a shelf in the linen closet, and the tub drain did not function properly...a good four inches of water on the bottom of the tub before my shower was done. I mentioned this to a woman at the desk on Monday and was told someone would be right up. We left on Friday night and no-one ever showed up. I could've complained but just dealt with it. The pool areas are nice (be better if you could get a frozen drink by the poolside). Only two of the four are heated. Pools 3 and 4 are not. Building 18 looks over pool 4. It worked out okay...we walked to one of the others to swim and when I wanted a quiet minute to sit in the sun, pool 4 was great because it was a bit too cold to swim in. The location is great...minutes from Downtown Disney and theme parks.

Very nice resort! Clean and comfortable!

by TripAdvisor Member rkmemkc

I am writing this from the couch in my 1 bedroom unit at Blue Tree. We checked in Saturday morning (early check-in was available for this unit). I was surprised to see a washer and dryer in a one bedroom. I checked the website before I left home and it did not state that so I over packed. I should have called before I packed! Anyway, the place is very nicely layed out with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen (fully stocked!), balcony and a little extra room that has the washer and dryer in it that is also big enough for the playpen (set up) and extra luggage. The grounds are well maintained and the pool areas are nice too. So far I have not seen any unwelcomed 6 or 8 legged guests and have not experienced any plumbing problems! Overall, I am very pleased with this resort.

Hmm...Well...

This is a very pretty resort. Palm Tree's, Beautifull landscapes. The only thing i was very upset with was the stupid mix between westgate and blue tree.. they used to be a 5 star resort, untill westgate tried to come in. i think this is a nice place to bring your family and friends, nice pools. I just wished there could be better service and that westgate or blue tree would take over instead of both!

Please Read!

When we first checked in, the place was definately NOT what I expected.
1. the overall landscape is beautiful and well-maintained
2. the room we stayed in was way too small and had no jacuzzi.
3. the closet was a reasonable size, that's where I did most of my dressing.
4.the bathroom was a little plain and the tub would not drain itself while I was showering. It was so disguisting.
The room was definately clean, the bedroom was small yet clean and the balcony was way too small. My husband and I could'nt stand comfortably on it! For the most part, you are on your own as far as maid service.
Downtown Disney was about a 20minute walk from the resort, and Universal was definately a drive away. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping centers VERY nearby (walking distance). In the shopping plaza lot, there is a ticket stand where you could get discounts one disney tickets (we paid 150.00 total for 2 people 7days/nights and had access to Island of Adventure and Universal Studios.)

At the end of your vacation, if you're not an owner, you would have to go through a conference which talks about the timeshare and then they will offer you the opportunity to be an owner. First off, if you don't buy, they Will be very ignorant and rude to you! They will pressure you over and over, don't cave in! My husband and I are in the process of writing a complaint about a sales person. So BEWARE!
Lastly, there are plenty of attractions in the area but nothing to do on the resort. However, the pools were GREAT and clean! If you decide to go, w/o a rental car, from the airport to the resort it cost $40.00. So don't let anyone tell you different. Have a great trip!

It was an OK Resort, Nothing Spectacular

I got a deal doing a timeshare I stayed 5 days 4 nights for like 152.00, The rooms are "cute" nice and colorful but I kept wishing I would have stayed elsewhere. The people are nice there but the resort is just old I stayed in building 11 non smoking building so it was ok. Yes the balcony is very very small, the bathtub does drain very very slow. I didn't experience any bug problem. Overall look of this resort doesn't compare to the others beside it, and made me wish I was staying over there. Timeshare presentation was the usual pushy, you must buy today and they even took me to a really nice room at the resort, but it was the display room. Big with a jacuzzi in it but of course that didn't look anything like the room I was staying in. The bonus is all the pools it has quite a few and a workout room, but some equipment was broke. I got what I paid for most rooms will go for 152.00 a night. So thought I would share my experience because I read everyone else reviews before I went.

I'm an owner and was disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member karen45

I have been going to Blue Tree for about 12 years as both an owner and using Interval time share. We have found our unit to be in both excellent shape and in a sad state of disrepair over these 12 years. Most recently we stayed for a week in Feb 2005 -- how disappointing that:

A) the microwave was rusty inside and we were fearful of what would happen while we cooked food inside of it.

B) the refrigerator looked as if it had been shot at with a b-b gun and then water rusted the marks. As an owner, or a renter, the frig was unacceptable!!

C) the couch/sofa bed had a huge rip in the fabric. This should have been taken care of immediately. Also it was extremely uncomfortable to sleep on.

D) The unit still has no COLD water (this has been an ongoing issue for years). The toilet is full of warm water, the cold water taps still have warm water, and the washer still has no cold water. Who pays the water bills here???

E) The toaster in the unit was broken. When reported the toaster was replaced immediately with 2 MEN carrying one new toaster. I certainly think the other guy could have been working on some of the other issues noted above.

You are getting the drift here...I'm sure the next refurbishment will bring things up to par, but still things need to improve. I'm not surprised they have lost their Interval Gold status and the fighting between Westgate and the other owners needs to come to an end. Let's get this place back to it's former lovely status!! It used to be a fabulous place and could be again soon with some TLC.

roach motel/housing project

I have been an owner for 10yrs. and own two units. I cannot tell you the horror of staying at Blue Tree, for our last time. The carpet was filthy, and the AC did not work for 3 days!!!!in July!!!!! They said they could not move us, they were full!! Full of what!!! Then there were the guests that we did not bring, but stayed in our unit with us, you know the big one's they grow in Fla,,,Roaches!!!!! Our resort has become a housing project, with the free local give away vacations. The police were at the resort every night! Spot lights shining looking for the bad guys!!! Take my word, I am a cop, this place was out of control. We would have left, but we had no where to go. Blue Tree was once a good resort, but it has become worse and worse each yr. Believe the haters!! I am an owner. I like to see the homes of the people who think Bluee Tree is nice. Take it from where it comes. Then you have this gang thing, Blue Tree vs West Gate, what a mess. You can only stay in certin buildings, the ones in the back, by the garbage and parking lots. I can tell you next time we do Disney, we will pay the extra money and stay on Disney property, not the Jerry Springer casting resort. If anyone is interested in buying my time share at Blue Tree, do not hesitate to contact me!!!!

Travel in Florida

by ashortbird

I am flying into Sanford airport and need to get to the Blue Tree Resort which is near downtown disney - what is the easiest and cheapest method to travel?

Re: Travel in Florida

by Peter_in_Florida

You need to rent a car. It will be easy to find your way, you just go west on the interstate highway called I-4 .

Public transportation is virtually non-existent in Florida. But renting a car is cheap.

Comments