3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• gannman's Profile Photo

Disney is better

the facilities were nice other then the pool felt like a bath. The reason I would stay at Disney again is the shuttle service. When you stay off site you have to pay 10 dollars each day for lot fee and park 1/2 mile away from entrance to theme parks. Disney drops you right in front and you can enter earlier. I liked the disney resort better anyway because everything you needed was right there.

• mrpoetryman's Profile Photo

Buena Vista Suites. All suite...

Buena Vista Suites. All suite Hotel with many extra's, the most important one being the closeness to Disney World. See Location information below. Also included in rate is free full breakfast, not continental, but loads of different foods to choose. All suites have two rooms. Our's had a bedroom and then a living room with a pullout bed from a sofa. All rooms have two TV's and two VCR's and a refrigerator.
    It was about $125.00 dollars for each night.

Unique Quality: See recommendation's above. Price was about $125.00 a night for the week. Across the street from the Hotel is a 7-11, if you want to eat a dinner in your room one night.

Directions: In Orlando, about 10 minutes from the Epcot Parking Lot. Easiest way to get to Disney World. Absolutely no traffic and no delays to get in. From Epcot, take Monorail or Bus to other Disney Parks.

More about Buena Vista Suites

Great Hotel and Location

by TripAdvisor Member cpayne

We stayed at the Buena Vista Suites May 19th - 26th. The checkin process was very smooth and the staff was very nice and friendly. The room was very clean. We had a room with 2 Queen size beds. The room has a separate area for the TV, fridge, and microwave. This was very convienient since we have a three year old. We could put him to bed and then go in the other room to watch TV. As others mentionned, you get a full breakfast in the a.m.. this was great since we could get dressed and go eat and then head to the parks. Overall, I liked the hotel and would stay again.

Very Mediocre for Orlando, and Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member mikerman

I stayed here in October of 2004, while attending a conference nearby. The pictures and other reviews I read before making my reservation were somewhat misleading. The room was just average, and similar to ones I have had at substantially lower prices at such chains as Mariott's TownPlace Suites; actually the TownPlace Suites were newer and a bit cleaner inside. Parking at the Buena Vista Suites was terrible, especially if you leave in the morning and do not return until late in the evening, or arrive late in the evening. I had to park in an isolated area which may likely have been owned by the larger adjacent hotel, on several occasions. Hotel security around the parking area at night was non-existent. The food served in the banquet room was about the same caliber as that found at a summer camp for teenagers; little variety, bland, and cheap (breakfast was included in the package I purchased). Given the variety and large number of hotels in the Orlando area, and my many years of frequenting Orlando to draw upon as a comparison, I would say that this hotel is at best, is merely average in quality and amenities, and was significantly overpriced for what you get. If a room with two beds was priced around $60-$65 per night, it would be a fair value. They should either scrap the breakfast "buffet" altogether or improve the quality and variety of food.

Just okay

We just got back from a week long stay at Buena Vista Suites and I will start my review by saying that on day 2 we were calling Disneyworld to see if they had any openings at any of their resorts (unfortunately they did not). Don't get me wrong, this hotel was ok, but not what I had envisioned for my vacation. It merely is a place to sleep in my opinion. Also, not the biggest factor, but the pictures of the pool were very misleading. We traveled with a 1 1/2 year old and knew we weren't going to the parks every day. I imagined we would be hanging out a day or two lounging at the pool, but that didn't happen. I guess I was expecting a resort-style pool. The free breakfast was ok and so were the separate sitting room and bedroom. If those two things are the most important factors for you, then stay here. Otherwise, pay the extra money, eat at the Waffle House for breakfast (or hit the grocery store and stock up your hotel refrigerator) and stay at one of the resorts. That's what we plan to do next time.

Good value, good deal

I spent a week here with a room mate and it was very enjoyable. While staying at the Buena Vista Suites I was attending a conference at the Coronado Springs resort at Disneyworld. The conference was about an 8 minute easy drive. The accomodations were definitely better than staying at Coronado springs. For the money, this was close to all kinds of things and meals werent limited to Disney concessions.
The good parts:
Nice sized rooms, bathroom is a bit small but since the sink and mirror are separate it works fine. Quiet, we couldnt really hear much street noise or guests in other rooms.
Breakfast was plentiful, each day offered eggs, potatoes of some sort, waffles or pancakes, and some kind of meat. Yogurt, fruit, cereals, milk and the usual tea and coffee. There was also someone available at a small grill to make eggs or toast to order. On the weekend, there were large groups of kids(sports teams, school groups) that swarmed into the breakfast room, but the food continued to be brought out and there were plenty of tables to find a seat.
The rooms were clean but not spotless. Housekeeping was quick to repond to the few requests I had. Maintenance was helpful too, the toilet was running slow and someone came to fix it within 15 minutes of my call.
The bad parts: Two elevators located at the center of the building is a long walk for many guests. The parking near the entrance fills up quickly, but there were alwyas spaces at the back and the room key lets you in the back access door so this was really not a problem for me.
The phone service was very expensive,not just outgoing but incoming calls were charged, even local calls were charged an additional per minute rate after 30 minutes, so being online to do work from the office was quite costly.

Nice hotel, great service, very close to Disney

by TripAdvisor Member rrjasmith

We recently stayed 5 nights in the Buena Vista Suites and were very pleased with the hotel. Our group consisted of myself, my husband, and our two sons, ages 4 and 1 1/2. My older son and I both got sick during our stay, so we spent a lot of time in our room. The first four nights we were in the suite with the two queen beds, and the room was pretty comfortable. The couch was a little on the hard side, and it would have been nice to have a clock in the living area, but otherwise everything was great. Beds were comfortable, and housekeeping was great about getting you anything you needed. The last night was added at the last minute, and we decided to spring for the upgraded king suite with the whirlpool tub. The living area seemed to be larger, and without the second bed in the bedroom, there was a lot more space. There was also a second vanity in the bathroom that the queen suite did not have, and a hairdryer. The tub was wonderful! We spent the day at Magic Kingdom, and after all the walking and waiting in line we did, it was fantastic to come back to the room and soak away all the aches and pains of a long day. You can tell that the hotel gets a lot of wear and tear from the constant stream of vistitors, but if you are expecting Holiday Inn type accomodations and not the Marriott, you shouldn't be dissappointed. Breakfast is pretty much the same thing every day, with just the meat rotating between bacon, sausage and ham, but there is decent selection, and it's nice to be able to eat and get on your way quickly. The location is VERY close to Disney. It takes maybe 2-3 minutes to get to the sign welcoming you to Disney World, and no more than 7-8 minutes to reach the parking lots of any of the parks. You can also get very good rates through a couple of the Disney fan sites. Mousesavers has good rates on the queen suite, and wdwinfo is usually a little lower, and offers great rates on the king suite (I've seen it as low as $103). Every employee we came in contact with was very helpful, and I never saw an unhappy face among them. Overall, we were very pleased with everything about the hotel, and if we can get over our unhappy memories of being sick and missing most of our vacation, we would even think about coming back again!

This is an excellent value!

by TripAdvisor Member UNCMickey

Some of these reviews make me laugh, you just can't please some people! This hotel is very clean and up to date; it was just totally refurbished last year! The beds are either two very comfortable queens or a king. My oldest daughter loves to sleep on sofa beds when we're at a hotel that offers them, and she says that the mattress on that sofa bed was the most comfortable one she'd ever slept on. The suite layout is excellent to give you privacy, and to allow people staying in each of the two rooms access to the bathroom without having to walk through the other room. (like you would find in most "suite" hotels) The bathroom is located between the 2 rooms and is great for allowing several people to get ready at the same time. The bathroom sink is NOT in the bedroom, it is between the two rooms with the toilet and shower located in the same area but with a door to separate it from the sink. My kids could be brushing teeth and hair, while my husband was in the shower. It was a great layout. Check out the room diagrams on their website.
I'll admit that some of the breakfast items were not the tastiest I've ever eaten, but they are serving mass quanities, not individually prepared entrees. It was much the same as I've eaten at conventions, or buffets at the country club. When preparing such large amounts of food, they rarely get the seasoning right. A little salt and pepper was usually all that was needed. If you'd like fresher waffles or such, just go to the kitchen window and ask, most times they will be able to get them for you. As another review mentioned, you can order "eggs your way" (no charge) through the kitchen window; my husband is a very picky eater, but he said that those eggs specially ordered from the kitchen were perfect.
With the huge variety of breakfast food offered at that hotel's huge, FREE breakfast buffet, everyone should be able to find something to eat. Just think, at most hotels the best you get at their free breakfast is a few dried out bagels, cereal, and/or fruit!
As far as price goes, sometimes prices on the hotel's website are a bit high, but even then you are getting two large rooms, for the price many hotels want for one regular hotel room. I've never paid more than $89.00 per night at BV Suites. There are many ways to get great discounted rates for this hotel. One person mentioned AAA, which is a good discount, however you can usually get even better discounts through the Mousesavers and HotelKingdom websites. The WDWInfo website also sometimes has good discounted rates.
The location of this hotel can't be beat, it is actually closer to some of the Disney theme parks than some of the Disney hotels located onsite. We chose to drive to the parks instead of using the hotel's shuttle bus, the shuttle schedule there is like most other hotels, not enough trips to and from the parks throughout the day. (the only non Disney hotels that you will find that do a good job with shuttles running day and night every 30 minutes, would be the Downtown Disney Hotel Blvd. hotels;- ok that would be another review) At the Buena Vista Suites, we sometimes could leave the hotel's parking lot and be in a Disney theme park parking lot in as little as 10 minutes. We took full advantage of that, we'd come back to the hotel to fix sandwiches for lunch;(each suite has a microwave and refrigerator) take a nap, and/or change clothes if it was too hot or too cool. Even at Disney property hotels we've not been able to get back and forth so fast.
We've personally never paid so little to get so much. We've paid as much as $250.00 per night at other hotels and still not come close to the value and comfort of this hotel. The BV Suites are a great value, and we'll be staying there again.

Seriously overrated .... don't waste your money

My family and I recently returned from our Orlando vacation. I booked this hotel (primarily) because I read the positive reviews on this site. Were we dissapointed!! The hotel is really skeevy .... and not particularly clean or modern looking at all. The rooms look like they were decorated in 1975 -- and they are designed very inefficiently! There is a separate (small) bathroom with a toilet and shower -- but the sink and mirror are actually part of the bedroom. How annoying is that? If someone in your family wakes up earlier than everyone else or goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night, they basically wake everyone else up! Besides that, we had to repeatedly ask for more shampoo and towels because they would only bring us 1 shampoo and 1 conditioner every day (even though we were in a suite and a family of four!).

Besides the rooms, the breakfast was mediocre .... bordering on just plain bad. If you stay at this hotel, avoid the scrambled eggs at all cost. They are orange in color and super watery and runny (gross!) The floors in the dining area are sticky and slippery, too, so be careful. To top it all off, the information desk and front desk staff were only mildly helpful. Their shuttle buses to the park run on a very limited schedule, and when we forgot our schedule one day and called them from the park, the desk attendant didn't even know when the buses were running.

Overall, I rate this hotel very low. I saw a lot of high school/college sports teams staying there. It is definitely more of a budget hotel for that crowd, where 4-6 kids are staying in a room together. Don't waste your money here. Look around for other options in Orlando ... there are plenty!

Adequate, but probably overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member jaia

I stayed 6 nights here with my husband and infant son in early March. The hotel was clean enough, and I felt the service was adequate, but I agree that it was overpriced. I'm guessing that you pay for the extra space, and I haven't researched what other suite-hotels are going for in the area, but we were glad to have the extra room.

The hotel is pretty close to Disney. I also was disappointed in the limited shuttle times, but we made it work for us.

Note on breakfast: There's a short-order cook who does great over-easy eggs so skip the nasty scrambled ones in the buffet line!

Comments