Caribe Royale Orlando All Suites Hotel & Convention Center

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• AceScorpion's Profile Photo

Stylish hotel

I said in the Tower 1 and got to say it was a huge massive room which is an ensuite with living room, fridge and the king side bedroom! Would recommend it to anyone BUT it is expensive so look for a bargain.

Downside is that it is quite far from places BUT there is a chinese resto next to it and a couple of convenient stores.

Unique Quality: Pool is top notch! Food is okish! And the gym is good!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Centred Around a Pool

The Caribe Royale complex consists of a low-level check-in, restaurant and amenities complex as well as three multi-floor accommodation towers. Located in the middle of these four buildings is a very nice swimming pool area, complete with a man-made waterfall. This whole area is very well landscaped with palm trees and Bougainvillea. Beyond the towers, is another long but low level building that houses the numerous rooms available for conventions at this complex. This January, 2004 trip is the third time in about three years that I have stayed at the Caribe Royale

Unique Quality: The rooms are all suites, with a sitting room/kitchen as you enter, then the bathroom area as you pass through into the large bedroom. The quality is very good. However, I asked for an item from Room Service that was never delivered and the cold setting on their fridge froze my beer (emergency)!

Directions: Near the intersection with International Drive

More about Caribe Royale Orlando All Suites Hotel & Convention Center

Great Place for Kids!

My husband, then five year old son and my parents stayed at the Caribe Royale in April 2003 and we loved it! The pool setting put me in mind of being on a Caribbean Island with calypso music playing, the towel bar with parrot and the waterslide island in the pool. My son thoroughly enjoyed the kiddie pool with sprinklers. We really enjoyed stopping for ice cream on our way up to our rooms! The rooms for of decent size, but you'll want to spend all of your time at the pool anyway. Another perk was the mini store in the main tower. A refreshing sandwich or cold drink was close to the pool. We also liked having the arcade room in the main tower. We highly recommend this hotel. I haven't found one to beat it yet!!

Horrible Service!!

NEVER AGAIN -- confirmed our reservations TWICE - requested room with tub next to bed ... we booked a week stay for our honeymoon.

Once there, hotel decided that $1791/week - under the "honeymoon" package was only worth the stardard room - with the tub in the bathroom next to the toilet!! how romantic!! Even the basket waiting in the room smelled funny!

When I gave management a chance to fix the problem -- they told me that if I wanted the other room that it would be an extra $1000 ....

I was totally upset and requested that when the day manager came in the morning (at 8am) that they were to call me to discuss the problem.

First - didn't get the phone call, second - when I went down to speak with a manager - they refused at first to come out of their office - had the front desk staff try and solve the problem. Once manager came out, accused me of not booking the right room -- I don't now how much more specific I could have gotten on two different occasions "tub next to bed - it is our honeymoon" ....

Spent almost 2 hours searching the internet trying to find another hotel to stay at. We were not prepared to spend $1791 for a standard room ... Rooms at the Holiday Inn were nicer and cleaner.

I was told that we would be charged full rate of the room for the night -- being that we were only in it for 5 hours (2 hours of that searching for another place) ... I made it clear that if we were to be charged full rate for a room that wasn't to the expectations of the reservation that not only I would write a letter to the Caribe Royale Hotel expressing my feelings about their horrible treatment but that I would forward that letter to every travel agent in Canada ....

Sure enough, the hotel charged us $235 cdn - so I am now posting, letter to hotel is on it's way and the copies have been distributed.

Oh yah -- when I went to check out -- the front desk staff, that heard the full conversation -- first charged us for the full $1791 and then snickered when I went back to have it corrected.

Think twice about staying at this hotel .... check out the place that did accept us with 'open arms' and did all that they could to make up for the horrible service at the Caribe and that was the "Wyndham Resort & Country Club" -- you won't be sorry .... !!

Good deal & great location! A clean confortable hotel!

We checked in to this hotel after storming out of our sub-par origional hotel at 12:30 AM! The front desk staff at Caribe Royal were sympathetice to our perdiciment and very accomadating. They found us a room and gave us a great rate. Although the hotel is not fancy, it was clean and spacious. The pool was great and we found the hotel staff to be very nice. The food at the Tropicale left a little to be desired, but the upscale Venitian looked very nice- bring a jacket it you would like to dine there! We were greatfull that they had room for us and we enjoyed our five night stay. If it hadn't been for this hotel our trip would have been a disaster!

Very Nice But Some Advice:

ON THE PLUS SIDE: Very nice, spacious, clean 2BR 2Bath suite w/kitchen, living room, 3 TV's, washer dryer for about $209 a nite, less than half what we paid to stay in a tiny room at the Grand Floridian at Disney last time. It was wonderful to spread out! The pool was fun for kids.
Great waterfall and slide. Nice little poolside bar and grill. The Tropicale Restaurant food was different and quite good. Rental car service on site turned out to be handy. Free shuttle to Disney 3 times a day off season. We wanted space and we got it!

BEST BUYS: A $13 pizza at the on site a la carte restaurant, sandwiches, etc. for a bit less than the sit-down restaurant. Ponderosa across the street has a good breakfast bar for $3.99 for hearty appetites.

CAUTION: Service at front desk and restaurants was so-so. They don't go out of their way to please. The checkout clerk was especially brusque.
Our Tropicale server did the job but only the minimal. The brochure said transportation to Sea World but they didn't have any (other than a taxi or rental car). No lifeguards.

OVERCHARGES: We were overcharged at Tropicale for something we didn't order. We brought it up at checkout and the desk clerk said "you can go take it up with the manager of the restaurant" which we didn't want to do on our way out. When we checked out, the clerk didn't ask me to review the bill first. I looked at it in the car and saw a $60 restaurant charge that we didn't make. I went back inside and they cleared it up but didn't seem very surprised or sorry. CHECK YOUR BILLS!

ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT: Fitness center is supplied with broken, squeaky, old machines not of much use to anyone who works out regularly.

generally nice

Was a little hesitant to stay here after I read some of the reviews below, but was attending a bowl game and didn't have much choice. That being said, it was a nice place.

I agree that the style in the rooms could be a little updated - it didn't have a lot of character. But there was a lot of room to spread out and the rooms were clean.

The folks at the front desk and the concierge were great, and while they do ask if you need tickets to the attractions, it certainly isn't the hard sell. Just say no and they will help with whatever else you need.

The Pool was nice - good size and clean. It may get a little crowded in the summer, but, think about it - you are at a hotel in Florida - the pool will get crowded.

Overall a dated but nice place to stay.

This hotel used to be really good... now its about o.k

by TripAdvisor Member Arielitoll

This is a good hotel.... We first came here in 1999, right after it opend and it was awesome!!! Everything was working and great! Then...
we came later in August 2003, and now its just modern. The shower has problems, infact the whole shower head fell on my head(OUCH!) The rooms got moldy and a bit worse than before.... The pool is great its like we are in a paradise. The employees are okay, they were nice but not compared to other hotels Ive been to... We love this hotel because it is an all suite hotel... It has 2 TVs and alot of stuff... but one of the tv remotes was broken.. I asked the made to find me some but she said nothing, which I found to be a bit rude that she never returned with new ones. The services are pretty good though... The elevators make this creeky sound when you go up, and the thing about the buffet being free.... that was in 1999. Now you cannot eat for free at the hotel. NO WAYY! The food their is very expensive. Overall, the location is convenient, the views are very pretty, the rooms are clean, the lobby has an italian style.. I reccomend this hotel alot because of its convenient pricing and location..

- Thanks

ok if you don't mind terrible, non-existent service

We are here right now and I'm writing this as I hold for room service.
At this point, we've been holding for 30 minutes to ensure that we might possibly be able to eat breakfast tomorrow morning. This hotel is woefully understaffed and poorly managed. The first day we missed lunch because they weren't staffed enough to accommodate the people at our meeting. So we got smart last night and ordered room service breakfast the night before. That might have been OK if it hadn't arrived 45 minutes late, making us late to our meeting. The manager told me it was because they'd had more than 100 people order breakfast. And the surprise was what? That people might want to eat? Duh.... Tonight we thought we'd call in again, but now we can't even get anyone on the phone. We should have been prepared for this because when we checked in, they had 2 or 3 bellman in the lobby and dozens of people with bags lugging them along behind them. And the concierge? WHAT a joke!
Clueless kid who doesn't know a place exists if they don't give him one of those little kickback coupons. That's not my usual criteria, but if it's yours, you'll adore this place. Personally, I'd stay at the Motel 6 before I'd come back to this "resort."

Caribe Royal Resort, Lake Buena Vista

by Kirstytwin

Is it possible to walk outside the hotel, and are there any bus services to Universal Studios.
We are staying there from 8th Dec and are not hiring a car.
Thankyou, Kirsty

Re: Caribe Royal Resort, Lake Buena Vista

by Hexepatty

Of course it is possible to walk outside your hotel, smile. This is not illegal in Orlando! (I suspect you mean something else....)

Are there busses outside the Caribe Royal Resort that go to Universal? That is another sort of question!

I don't have too many guests staying at your hotel, but I have had a few. I know where it is located. I know that the International Drive Trolley does NOT service this resort property. (I suspect they offer free or cheap service to WDW, however. )

You are going to have to give them a ring to find out about transport to NON-Disney parks.

In the event they do NOT offer transport, ask the hotel how much a typical cab would be to Orlando Premium Outlets. Probably about $10 - $12 if I had to guess...

If this is the case, you can take a CAB to Orlando Premium Outlets, and from there, catch the inexpensive International Drive Trolley that goes to SeaWorld, Pointe Orlando, Belz Factory Outlets, and pretty darn close to Universal / IOAdventure. YOu get off at stop #5 and take about a 12 minute walk to get to Universal Studios Orlando.

Hope this helps!