Comfort Inn Universal Studios Area

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 42% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

• Terrible

My room smell like urine everyday, the housekeeping was really nice when you did call them they did the best they could. When I finally found out was stinking it was the shower curtain houskeeping changed it was not 100% better but t did do. My toliet rock when I set on it and the last day I was there I was rushing to sit down and the whole back fell off as I stood up and fell on my foot, I told the front desk and housekeeping I wanted to fill out a incident report but I didn't want to miss my flight.

They served breakfast every morning and every morning I went to breakfast and me and my kid ate in our room, that is after we had to climb five (5) flights of steps because the elevator was broke. One morning the manager Jesse stopped my daughter that was making a waffle and told her she couldn't take it to her room...huh he was very rude when I came down to see why she couldn't come but upstairs. He explained to me he was trying to cut down on ants in the room. "Are you kiddin me",it is a microwave and refrigerator in the room that means I can bring in food so how is that stopping the ants. My kids had there own room there shower had a whole in the wall the hotel is terrebile. If only I had known it was a country inn suites right on the same street I would have went there. I know now and never again.

Unique Quality: I don't recommend staying there the only pretty thing is the lobby.

Directions: close to everything I did love that

More about Comfort Inn Universal Studios Area

Brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member LeedsUK1

Hiya my family and i have just been on holiday to the comfort inn universal with Jetsave and enjoyed every minute, this hotel was in a brilliant position we had hire cars and the there was loads of parking, the rooms were kept really clean by the maid who came every day, we had the free breakfast a couple of times and the kids loved it the morning papers and coffee were complimentary from reception ok to grab if you are in a rush to one of the many theme parks we visited (it takes a while to organise a group of 6 adults and 9 children on a morning) We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will be going back next year, please give it a go there are some bad reviews on this website but i could not fault this place.

What more could you ask for?

by TripAdvisor Member Avalanche80

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a fortnight in Florida staying at the Comfort Inn, Universal Studios Area on Sand Lake Rd.

The hotel is brilliant, contrary to other reviews on here. Granted there is no mini-bar, room service or gold taps like a Hilton Hotel in Manhattan but then its prices and its star rating don't pretend to be that.

When we first arrived at 9pm, tired and restless from our flight and 40 minute drive from the airport, the staff member that greeted us at the Lobby was courteous, polite and efficient. He gave us our room key, explained that there was a free continental breakfast every morning and showed us where our room was located aswell as the pool area, games room, exercise room and guest laundry.

Our room was perfect for the two of us, an extremely large bed, a large screen TV on top of a chest of drawers, a desk area with an internet connection, two bedside tables, an air-conditioning/heating unit that although not silent, certainly wasn't intrusive. To the rear of the room was a wardrobe with an iron and ironing board inside and next to that was a sink with a large surface surround to put toiletries and other items along with a small wall mounted hair-dryer. There was also a toilet and bath/shower (which was extremely powerful). The decoration was clean with white ceiling, cream coloured pattern wallpaper and a dark green patterned carpet. The furniture was all dark wood and looked very tidy

As far as location goes it was marvellous too. Wet 'n' Wild was about a 5-10 minute walk, Universal theme parks were a 5 minute drive away. SeaWorld was just under 15 minute drive. The whole Disney area complex was between 15-20 minute drive and Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Centre were about an hour. It was also one block away from International Drive (I-Drive) and so it is very close to numerous dining and entertainment establishments.

Our only complaints about the hotel was that the bed linen was not changed as frequently as we would've liked and the swimming pool seemed quite small for the size of the hotel. As we usually found that it was very busy when we went down to it in the evenings, up until it closed at 11pm.

If you look hard enough on the internet you can find good deals like we did for this hotel. For the fourteen nights we were there we paid around £300. A bargain as far as we were concerned!

Hotel Crap !!?

After staying one week in a orlando villa and then a week with my sister (two thirds hotel one third with her at her home) at ft walton beach we had to stay one night in this so called "hotel" before we caught are return flight back to the uk, the good points! its cheep the bad its old, tired, worn out and it stank like a dead cat ! , the shower did not work and the hand sink had no plug, air con was like a jet taking off!
All in all a very nasty place to stay for a night let alone two weeks!, I would rather camp in a field full of cows !!?, at least there is Macdonalds just over the road!, over all a place were chavs would feel right at home, never ever again?

Top holiday!!!!

Just had a quality family holiday here, very new inside and clean all the staff were happy and the area was excellent, loads of shops and restaurants within walking distance.
Have just got a price to go back next year.

Brilliant place to stay

This is for the people who e-mailed me and asked me to give my honest opinion of the comfort inn.
The staff will bend over backwards to help you ,the breakfast is great,loads of selection and the pool was always kept clean at all times my two kids loved it.The rooms were average but you had every thing you needed and they were kept very clean by the daily maid.the only time there was any problem with some of the rooms is when the hurricanes hit as you can imagine all that constant rain did damage to some of the rooms and they did smell damp due to water damage.The staff did everything they could to put this right, they changed peoples rooms until the guests were a 100% happy with them.
My husband,myself and my two kids enjoyed it so much we are going back this year in september. I would recommend the comfort inn to anyone.
If you expect five star luxury this is,nt the place for you. If you expect quality service frindly staff and a brilliant place to stay the comfort inn is the place for you.

Another BlueGreen Presentation nightmare

My husband, daughter and myself were booked in this hotel for BlueGreen Timeshare presentation through A1 travel reservations. I was told by the A1 representative that I would be staying at hotels like Holiday, Hilton, Ramada but got booked for Comfort Inn. Comfort Inn's lobby was ok, however the room was not. When we arrived to the room we were greeted with sheets that had hair all over them. The member of staff that came to change the sheets had a bad body odor. Carpet and mattresses smelled like they got wet and were never properly dried. You could hear the outside noise as well as if everything was happening inside your room! There was mold in some areas of the bathroom. I shall never stay at this hotel again.

Never Again! Hotel needs demolished and started over!

by TripAdvisor Member darrellland

We were here May 14-18, 2005 in room #341
I stayed here last year and had a pretty good stay. This year things had changed. We arrived and requested a crib for our 1 year old and the crib they brought up smelled like urine and vomit. It was so bad I sat it outside and requested another one. The second one was better. But they had no extra linens for the crib so we went to walmart to buy some for my daughter.
Well, next the TV wouldn't come on. So we left for dinner and when we returned they had replaced it.
The pool was okay, it was a little on the cool side for my 4 year old. But it was okay.
The breakfast was good, plenty of variety, and they kept things very clean.
When we returned from Magic Kingdom we were going up to our room and noticed that about in 4 rooms the people had sat there chairs outside and were smoking and drinking. Now I have nothing against either, but they were loud and annoying. It made me think the local trailerpark trash had come here for the week.
The next day my wife saw a roach near the crib and saw a couple more in the closet. At that point, that was it. The next morning we left for another hotel. The staff at the front desk was okay, but they could have cared less.
Here are my thoughts, and how I have changed my thinking from here on out when it comes to vacations:
In the past I have always looked for the best deals on hotels, I figured saving on hotels would give us more $$$ for the vacation, and even getting to stay longer. I no longer have this attitude and mind set.
We left the Comfort Inn ($39.99 through travelzoo) and went to the Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge ($239.99) and wished we would have done this to begin with.
Now I know this is very expensive. But look, you get what you pay for! At a nice resort such as this one, they carry your luggage, park your car, they have several pools, kids activities, several restaurants, free transportation, and the list goes on and on. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! I work 60 hours a week and when I go on vacation I want to relax and not have to deal with problems. So my advice is: if you want cheap lodging and dirty rooms with nothing extra, stay in a comfort inn hotel or a hotel of this type. I enjoyed the last couple of days more than any vacation I had ever been on because of how nice this resort was. If you want an immaculate first rate stay, stay in a resort. The Disney resorts are awesome. You will not regret it!

A great place to go and have a wonderful time

After 32 years of marriage, my husband and I decided to fly to Orlando, Florida. This was our first flight and our first trip to Florida. It was 4 days well spent without any complaints whatsoever. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites on Sands Lake Dr. It was so wonderful! Our suites was very clean and the staff was so friendly and willing to please. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a fresh scent, very clean. The view was beautiful at night. The free breakfast was delicious, it was a superior breakfast with everything from cereal to sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy. In the afternoon you could enjoy anykind of free drinks for two hours. We had complentary shuttle to the parks. The price was very reasonable and we left feeling we definately got our moneys worth. We were close enough to walk to many places or just ride a shuttle. Our flight was scheduled to leave late in the afternoon and the hotel was nice enough to let us leave our luggage for the day until we had to go to the airport. What more could you ask for? That's what I call a perfectly happy place to stay and have a wonderful vacation. There couldn't have been a more perfect trip than ours. We just can't wait to go again.

Quite nice

by TripAdvisor Member 3479824

It's strong enough to last through a Hurricane in which we were in. The rooms are pleasant enough and the lobby is beautiful. It's very close to the International street place where all the restaurants and other stuff is. This hotel provides transport to all of the different parks.

Great Hotel Could Not Have Been Better

Me and 3 of my friends stayed in the comfort form the 21st july to the 4th august, after reading some of the reviews on this web site i was a little nervous about staying in this hotel but it could not have been better on arival the lobby was nice and the staff were very freindly and helpfull there was a problem witht he rooms which was our tour operators fault for booking us in 2 rooms with 1 double bed in and we dident all fancy bunking up for 2 weeks there had also put us in non smoking rooms, this was first choices fault, the staff were very helpfull and there was no problem in sitching room, the rooms were nice we had a fridge and microwave as well as the normals like TV everthign worked.

The pool was lovely, we had a swim everyday it was never too crowded and was always kept clean and tidy, there were towls provided at the pool if you forget to take yours down, the breakfast was nice there was always alot avalible and tea and coffee was avalible free 24hrs

the beds in our rooms were very comfy i slept very well over there we had fresh towles and toiletrys every day and all the staff were so friendly and polite,

the hotel offers a free coach service too and from all the major attractions we used this alot it was very handy.

after a delay in england and the flight from hell i was not in a good mood but i could not fault this hotel i was great i will definatly be staying here again it was a great place to stay on a hardgoing holiday.

Walking to Universal Studios from Comfort Inn Universal Area?

by Prestonian

My friend and I are coming to Orlando in a couple of weeks. We've both been several times with parents but this time we will be without a car and we don't think our hotel offers a shuttle service to universal studios. We don't mind walking about and it doesn't look like we are too far away using google earth lol! However if anyone has any tips about getting to universal without shuttles that would be great. No busses or the I-ride seem to stop actually at the park which seems a bit strange??? A post on this site mentioned walking from I-ride stop 15 to universal along universal boulevard. Is this easy to do with a full pavement/sidewalk and crossings for the busier roads?

RE: Walking to Universal Studios from Comfort Inn Universal Area?

by Lauz

Yes it's very easy to walk to universal if you're near the top of I drive, shouldn't take anymore than 20mins walking at a steady pace. All you need do is turn left at the top by the big skull (all will make sense when you see it!) and walk in a straight line and then universal is on your right. Alternatly you could get a taxi, from near the top of I- drive eg by wet and wild it costs around $5 plus tip. Hope this helps!

Comfort Inn Sand Lake Road

by lynmur

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are staying here for 2 weeks in June - is the Hotel ok? Where do the shuttles go to as I've read mixed reports.
Thanks

RE: Comfort Inn Sand Lake Road

by monorailgold

Hello,

I havent stayed at the hotel, but as far as the shuttles, just call the hotel and they will give you the schedules and stops of the shuttles. Most of the hotels have shuttles that go to the disney resort and universal resorts. Some offer shuttles to I-drive as well. Just call them.

RE: RE: Comfort Inn Sand Lake Road

by lynmur

Thanks for that - will do

Hotel help???

by flip3

Hi,

As mentiond in a previous post I am hoping to stay near Universal Studios on the 28th April - 9th May. I have 2 dilemas:

1a) Should I book just the first nights accomodation at the travellodge & risk attempting to find a hotel?
1b) - (as I have heard if I turn up on spec I can get a better deal - is this true)?

2) Should I split my stay between 6 days hotel near Universal - 5 days hotel near Disney?

3) Are buses readily available - i.e. to get to and from disney if at universal even if hotel doent provide them?

Thanks all again from your help - so much to do yet so little time & knowledge!!!

Flip

RE: Hotel help???

by joesorce

You should have no trouble finding rooms on a walk-in basis at that time of year, but when they are so economical booking in advance online, why wait?

You can book the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista on Palm Pkwy for $45 per night on hotelclub.net This hotel has shuttle to all the parks. More about the hotel here: www.comfortinnlbv.com

RE: Hotel help???

by Hexepatty

Try Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando... or Red Horse Inn... Comfort Inn Universal... or even Howard Johnson Hawaiian Court.

And in that order...

The above are pretty cheap... but it's in order of the most expensive (Hampton) to the least expensive (HOward Johnson)

All are better than the travelodge.

I'm showing April 28 - May 8 to be kinda busy. Half our hotels on I drive are sold out.

Spec'ing might be tough...

Just Avoid Days Inn Lakeside at ALL costs. Not clean / Not Safe.

Comments