Countryside Inn & Suites

606 Lee Road, Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States

More about Orlando

JumpingSHOHMAN+wifeTengj07, Orlando,FloridaJumpingSHOHMAN+wifeTengj07, Orlando,Florida

Big Thunder Mountain RailroadBig Thunder Mountain Railroad

View of the Castle from Main StreetView of the Castle from Main Street

Strawberry French ToastStrawberry French Toast

Me Again! Few more questions!

by mickey.p

I have finally confirmed our flights and know where we are staying!

Now to plan what we are doing when we get there, we are travelling 11 December - 8 January!

1, First, it's my friends birthday on New Years Eve? Any ideas of what to do It'll be 4-6 Adults and 4-5 Aged 5-16 Children! I am thinking most places book early so need some options to consider!

2, In 2004 when I bought my Disney Pass it included a free character breakfast, when I went in 2006 it didn't and we never got round to finding out how to book and how much it would be! Can anyone let me know?

3, Any info on the Disney Christmas Parties would be great - are they worth the additional cost?

4, What dates do the parks start getting busy over Christmas?

5, Do the Sales in the Malls start on Boxing Day or Jan 1st?

If anyone has any other ideas or info that might help I would be much obliged!

by Donna_in_India

Hi - For character meals check www.wdwplanner.com/characterdining.htm - I would book that as soon as possible since it's likely to fill very quickly during that period. (You can also check the official Disney site.) The crowds will probably be arriving on the 24th through New Year's. You can check the official site for Christmas celebrations - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ - I haven't been to any speicific Christmas "parties" but I think you'll find enough to see and do (great decorations!) without spending any extra money. The sales should start December 26th. Have a great time!

by Donna_in_India

....The parks will be alot less crowded before December 24th and from the Monday after New Year's weekend. All of the decorations will be up when you arrive so you can avoid the crowds if you want.

by Dabs

If you don't get the answers you need here, you might try www.disboards.com, a website devoted to all things Disney with an active forum board. I also found www.mousesavers.com to be of help, mostly on getting discounts.

Travel Tips for Orlando

Well, we only saw Disney while...

by nmac814

Well, we only saw Disney while we were there, and that was just great! We stayed on Disney Property (Old Key West resort) and took Disney transportation, etc. But while you are at Disney, I thought all parks were 'must sees' -- if you have to pick only one park, choose the Magic Kingdom. My favorite things at Disney is the Haunted Mansion -- it was even more fabulous because we were there for Halloween!

Also, have dinner at the restaurant at the Contemporary Resort -- make sure you get a window seat that overlooks the Magic Kingdom right around the time the fireworks start! They dim the lights inside the restaurant, pipe the music in, and you get to see the fireworks while dining! And the food is very good, too! The International Food and Wine festival was happening at Epcot when we went ....I love to eat, so being able to sample ethnic foods and wines from many different cultures easily and cheaply was very nice!

I also just adore the Tower of Terror at MGM......

The best thing in orlando has...

by BurgeMan

The best thing in orlando has got to be Disyneyland. Its great for all the rides and going behind the scenes to look at movies and old props that were used for top movies. Disneyland is for both children and adults as there are a wide range of activities to take part in. Another great place to visit is Universal Studios for great movie themed rides and a look at props, costumes and studios of passed and future films. Going to the water parks in Disneyland. There are three waterparks with different themes and activities to do (Blizzard beach, Typhoon lagoon and Adventure). You can go on loads of water slides ranging from very high and steep hights, to fun and enjoying slides. Activities include things like swimming with fish and small sharks, swimming in a huge pool that has a gigantic wave machine and also take part in massive adventures that include swinging on ropes over the pools. It is a great experience and a very good day out.

Hello and Goodbye

by kbsunnyside

Everyone said "Welcome home" when we got to our hotel and most people reminded us to "have a magical day." It was kind of nice.

I read some other notes, but must say everyone was friendly. I think we were there at a quiet time 12/10-13/04 just before the Christmas masses.

Protect your Tootsies!

by Jazzyh

Buy some Aqua (Wet) shoes to take with you to the water parks / the hotel pool. They are relatively cheep (Best buyes on E-bay) and they will save your feet from getting burnt on the hot paths. These will save you a lot of grief if you have young kids.

Also take a hat. The first year I went to Orlando I came down with sunstroke after the first day. I would not have got this if I had something on my head. Dont pack to many (You can get whatever you want at a local drugs store) and what you do take, just but travel sizes. You can then chuck them away and save your baggage allowance for all the shopping you WILL DO. Always take a soft bag (Gym bag) rather than a suitcase. Its lighter (so saves on baggage allowance) and also as it can be moulded to shape, it its more likely to be put on top off all the other bagge on the plane, hence you get your luggage back quicker.

In case you can't find anything to do in Orlando

by KarenandCory

If you've already done Disney and other parks Medieval TImes in nearby Kissimmee is lots of fun. You are a guest of the King for a feast and a tournament. Each section of the great hall has a different color and you cheer for the Knight who is wearing your color. Knights on horses battle for their kingdom's honor,competing in a contest of sport. Winner seems to be determined by which section is cheering the loudest.
Watch Cable Guy with Jim Carrey for a hilarious look at a Medieval Times experience. One of my favorite lines is when the waitress (or wench as they are refered to) says "There were no utensils in medieval times, thus, there are no utensils AT Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?"
Admission includes dinner, beverages and live show.

4510 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy.
Kissimmee, FL

Conveniently located six miles east of Walt Disney World. Easy access from Orlando and Tampa.

Adults: $48.95