11424 University Boulevard, Orlando, Florida, 32817, United States

A Belly Dancer Entertains the CrowdA Belly Dancer Entertains the Crowd

Riding "Living with the Land" in EPCOTRiding "Living with the Land" in EPCOT

orlandocarriers.com

by shadysandy

We are visiting Disneyworld next week and want some transport to other parks ie Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Universal, shopping etc.

We have found a website for Orlandocarriers.com which seems reasonable but does any one know anything about them. They offer transport for 9 persons with a driver. Can anyone recommend or make suggestions gratefully recieved

by Agraichen

You may want to check the Disney site first as they have bus transportation all around the area. They probably don't handle Busch Gardens but any venue that is related to Disney will have service.

by shadysandy

Thanks for that however the bus service requires several changes and all this takse time so we thought we would go with a vehicle and driver for the far away places and have found this company which is quite reasonable.

Does anyone have any reviews of orlandocarriers.com

by virtualpatrick

Another alternative to check is Mears Transportation which is the largest in the Orlando area in terms of running the gamut from taxi, limos, shuttles. See if they have comparable packages to Orlando Carriers.

by virtualpatrick

Ooopps, forgot the website.
www.mearstransportation.com

I see their shuttles / buses everywhere in Orlando.

by juancaorosco

Hi, there!

Personally I'd recommend renting a large van and a GPS (there are always great offers for weekly rentals). This saved my trip, made my life easier and much more independent. Don't forget the GPS , it replaces your designated driver and you can find everything inmediatly: restaurants, shopping places and stores, parks, etc. I went with my kids and niece with a friend in a mini van -Chevrolet Uplander- (about 8 people, including me -the dad driver), rented a villa (you can find great deals at booking.com). I used the GPS in Boston -having NEVER been there- and it was great!

Wish you the best and lots of fun!

Juan Carlos
juancarlos@travelwithtoddlers.com

Travel Tips for Orlando

My friends

by Marinel

I have been living in Central Florida for about 16 yrs and the thing that keeps me here more than the weather or any other perks you can think off are my friends. My friends and I laugh together, cry together get mad at each other together!, but the key word is together. In a world dominated by consumption and material things I cherish the reality, love and happiness my friends and family give me. I could have all of the things society and the media create as marks or measures for sucess and I tell you, none of that means anything w/o friends, love and health. I cherish everything in my life that money can't buy. Concerts at the House of Blues. Having a beer at the pier in Cocoa Beach while I laugh at loud w. my friend Bryan watching a girl swim after her hair extensions, you go weaving girl!!!, Sunsets (sounds like a cliché) watched from the St John River while having a scintillating conversation. Having a glass of wine while looking at the great film selection at Star Dust video, listening at God Speed you Black Emperor and arguing with your friend about who is a better director. Falling in love and walking holding hands at Harry P. Leu gardens (why did you had to be the town bycicle?)
Anyways I have many great experiences in this place and some others I rather forget. But I concentrate on the good ones.

SeaWorld, it was my first...

by jlove

SeaWorld, it was my first experience of Seaworld and I just loved it. There was so much to see and do and it was just a great day out. We also had a good time at Wet & Wild, the weather is so hot and humid it is a relief to spend some time feeling cool and you can have fun while you're at it. I remember standing in the sun after one of the downpours and watching the steam rising off the pavement (and off me) as we dried out. It was amazing the speed at which the water dried off, I guess most of it was in the air (very humid!).

Look at the pix on the live...

by FloridaGirl

Look at the pix on the live Orlando Web Cams of the Theme Parks BEFORE visiting Orlando. See http://www.icflorida.com/news/technology/webcam_connection.html.
(Pictured is Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World Theme Park.)

See also www.icflorida.com/recreation/guides/attractions/themepark_discounts.html for Theme Park Discounts.

For Universal Studios Twin Theme Parks, consider the Flex Ticket. It allows you to visit these parks over a period of 14 days as well as visit other secondary parks.

For the 4 Disney World Theme Parks, consider the Park Hopper or inquire at the hotel you will be staying at. Some hotels offer packages that include free theme park tickets. (See www.travelzoo.com)

Also, please don't plan your vacation for September, which is the height of our hurricane season.

Little did you know....
...

by FloridaGirl

Little did you know....
Semoran Boulevard was named as such because it runs between SEMinole and ORANge county.... Orlando International Airport does not have the call letters of OIA (even though the media refers to it as such).... OIA is actually MCO, the abbreviation of the McCoy Air Force base the airport was once a part of. Actually, OIA is the 3rd airport built in the same vicinity...Orlando is called the City Beautiful. It is in Orange County, which was once known as Mosquito Country. (Take the bug spray hint here.)

Packing List

by MrGQ

If you go in the summer time you will need vvery light clothing! It gets very hot and very humid! Don't forget to bring sun block and bug spray for FL is rich with Sun and Bugs!Nothing worse than being sun burned and and body full of bug bites!

Comments