Cypress Palms Resort Hotel Orlando

5324 FAIRFIELD LAKE DRIVE, Orlando, Florida, 34746, United States

• Great for kids.. horrible for couples

I just returned from my stay at Cypress Palms in orlando. Although not an owner at this facility, I did exchange my week to at this location. While there I had a great experience with the concierge! She was extremely helpful not just for this trip, but also for an upcoming trip back to Orlando. Also the kids activities were great!

But in addition to that, I need to comment that after many years of timeshare ownership, this was my worst experience! The rooms were sub-par at best. Very old and not updated. My understanding was that the reoom was a non smoking unit. Understandably the resort was booked due to the holiday season, but there were no accomodations made for my sister in law (who is allergic to cigarette smoke) to have a filtration unit. I was not informed untill I called that I would not have a mid week clean up service. In all the years of making exchanges, I have never NOT had a mid week clean up service (unless I was there less than 4 days). Then the phone calls! The phone rang every morning about 7-730! That was really over the top! To make the experience even worse, I went to the update presentation and was belittled and rudely treated by the "Discovery" employee at the end. I was sadly disappointed and want to let the corporate office know that there are some significant issues with the Cypress Palms location.

More about Cypress Palms Resort Hotel Orlando

WOW!!!

I have never stayed at any place where i am so impressed with everything the resort had to offer. I stayed in a 1 bedroom condo and it was very very spacious and extremely clean. Plus, the front desk staff and crew members were very friendly and helpful. No wonder this place is rank #1 in Florida according to this website. The price and the location are excellent! If I am in Orlando again, I would definitely stay at fairfield at cypress palms again.

Enjoyed our stay very much!

by TripAdvisor Member scslawin

We live in Tampa but stay in Orlando/Kissimmee quite often since we are annual pass holders for all the parks. We decided to make a two night stay, Friday and Saturday nights, May 13th and 14th of 2005.

The resort is located along the main strip of US 192, just walking distance from the Old Town shopping/amusement center. The location is excellent, with several fairly decent restaurants (Chili's, Uno, Cracker Barrel, etc) right in front, pratically in the same parking lot.

We rented a two bedroom unit and it was spacious and clean. The master bath included a whirlpool tub and seperate shower. On a longer stay the full kitchen would have been useful, but the coffee maker and resort-supplied coffee was welcomed by my wife.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the price was nice: we booked the two nights through Travelocity and paid $100 per night -- but -- on checkin we were offered the chance to take a "survey" that lasted about 45 minutes in exchange for $70 cash. So we did the survey (really a pitch to sell us a membership) and took the money, dropping our cost per night to $65.

We highly recommend the Fairfield at Cypress Palms.

Spacious and clean

by TripAdvisor Member CountyMounty

Stayed last weekend in April 2005. Stayed only two nights but would have loved to stay longer. We wanted a 2 bedroom unit. The only 2 bedroom units I could find in the area were all timeshares. I didn't want to be bothered with a timeshare presentation, so I chose this placed based on the reviews on this site that said you would not be pushed to attend one. When I checked in I was told that I had to see the women seated by the door to get my room location and parking pass. I sat down in the chair and the lady was very nice. She showed me where my room was located and gave me my parking permit. She then asked what our plans were for the weekend, and I told her that I thought we were going down to Busch Gardens if the weather cooperated. She then told me about the breakfast and timeshare presentation that would be offered each morning and asked if we would attend. I told her that I was not interested. She told me they would give us $70 per couple if we attended and I again told her we had plans and were not interested. That was the end of it. She said ok and was very pleasant about it and told me to enjoy the stay and to call the front desk with any concerns. We were never asked about it again and did enjoy our stay very much. The 2 bedroom unit was very spacious. Large living room, full kitchen, washer & dryer, large balcony, and large bedrooms and bathrooms. All off us could not believe how large and clean the place was. The location is great for the Disney parks but quite a ways away from Universal. The pools were not all that large but clean. There are many restaraunts nearby, 5 or 6 adjacent to the property. Old Town is just a couple minutes away and is a neat place to go for a couple hours in the evening. I would definately stay there again.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member armchair

This is a great place to stay. It's close to theme parks and restaurants, clean, upscale, friendly, well appointed. We stayed in a two bedroom two bath condo with balcony, jacuzzi and a full kitchen. the pool was clean and enjoyable.

Florida in June

by TripAdvisor Member Lmcintyre

The resort is easy to get to and within walking/driving for anything you need. The rooms are spacious and well maintained. The pools are nice but with 2 toddlers I would have liked a kiddie pool on site. The large concrete pools were a but slippery and scarey for the little ones.
The playground is also designed for a bit older child.
The washer and dryer are great and the kitchen is well stocked.
Being near Celebration is great too. We ended up taking my 3 year old to the emergency room there because of a food allergy. It was very convenient.
We also used the Post Office, UPS Service, and gas station.
The only thing I did not like was the sales pitch for purchasing a unit. I already own at a different resort and have no intention on buying again yet I sat through a 2 hour presentation on the benefits of Fairfield over all others. I was told I would be there for 60 minutes and would answer a survey on RCI. NOT TRUE!!!!! I did get $75 Disney dollars for the 2 hours of my time. They say you'll get breakfast too but prepackaged bagels and plain doughnuts don't cut it for me, and I had to watch a film about Fairfield while I ate.

Comments