Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Orlando

8651 Treasure Cay Lane, (formerly Sunterra), Orlando, Florida, 32830-2069, United States
Cypress Pointe Resort
Travelocity Expedia.com Tingo.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 50% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Orlando

best place to stay

My husband and I are owners at cypress pointe in Orlando Florida. We bought our unit when it was nothing but an empty lot. I admit we were skeptical at the time but we are so happy we purchased. We look forward to going down there every year. Over the years we have made long and lasting friendships with other owners and we always stay in touch and plan our vacation time all together. The staff is so proffessional and always at your service. When we arrive is it always neat and clean and we always have a fast and speedy check-in. I cannot say enough about this resort. My husband and I are proud to say we are owners at Cypress Pointe.
Sincerely, Stephen&Cheryl Quevillon

Wonderful Resort! Excellent Value!

by TripAdvisor Member SourcesOnline

My family of 7 stayed at the Cypress Pointe Grandvillas the week of April 11-16th. The three bedroom/three bath condo was very clean, spacious and very nicely decorated. The beds were quite comfortable and the living room and dining room furniture, while a few years old, was still quite decent. The kitchen was fully stocked with quality pots and pans and it had everything from salad tongs to a cheese grater. The bathrooms had plenty of towels and with the total of the jacuzzi and roman tub and three showers, literally five people could be taking a bath at the same time! The air conditioner work well and most rooms had a ceiling fan. In fact even the screened in porch had a ceiling fan. The three bedroom apartment could easily sleep 10 people if you include the sleeper sofas (2). There was a washer/dryer unit n the apartment and the staff even provides a couple of boxes of laundry detergent to get you started. The grounds were well kept and the resort included 3 heated pools, tennis courts, game room, basketball court, volleyball court, small grocery and grill, and miniture golf. Miniture golf was an extra fee--why I don't know since the resort provides tennis rackets and balls for free. The resort was just short of luxurious and I only say that because I know that there are two or three timeshare type resorts in Orlando that are a little nicer (and so much more expensive). But Cypress Pointe doesn't disappoint. The only fault that I could find with this resort is that the staff at the check in desk had a reserved tolerance (vs an open welcoming) for the guests. The staff was by no means was rude, but I did get the sense they felt a bit overwhelmed (slightly impatient) by common questions that guests had (like when is check in time). However, this by no means affected our vacation negatively. Cypress Point is located in a wonderful area--less than a mile from Disney. It was walking distance to some very good restaurants (Joe's Crab Shack, the Macaroni Grill, Tony Romas), yet the resort isn't located in the congested fast food areas like on International Drive or Road 192. There is a Winn-Dixie next door to the resort which is so convenient for buying groceries to stock in the kitchen. We stayed in the phase II villas, but I peaked in the Phase I villas and while Phase I apartments looked a little smaller, for the rates posted on hotelkingdom, these are tremendous values. We were quite content at Cypress Pointe and will return again! I see no reason for ever renting motel rooms in Orlando, when these types of wonderful resorts are available at such a good price!

Wonderful Value for Families

We visit Orlando frequently and have stayed in numerous resorts & on theme park property. I think Cypress Pointe has to win for best value out of everywhere we've stayed. We had a two bedroom, phase II, for about 85/night ... wonderful! Very clean, fully equipped kitchen, two full baths, tons of room. We could not even hear the kids over on the other side of the unit. My son said "Mom, this isn't a hotel. It's a house". Pools are very good, even if not quite as impressive as some of the other themed resorts. Convenience store and large playground on site and Downtown Disney just around the corner. Sister in law and kids also stayed in a nearby unit and had the same impressions -- great! I think the negative reviews must be Phase I older units; if you are concerned stay in Phase II.

A Very Nice Property at an Unbelievable Price!

by TripAdvisor Member HongKongLarry

I found Cypress Pointe at Hotelkingdom and booked a 2BR villa for $64/night. I was a little skeptical, given the very low price and became downright concerned after reading some of the negative reviews, but I figured that we were going for the theme parks and not the resort, and I'd pretty much sleep anywhere after a full day at the parks. Well, we just returned from six-nights at CP and couldn't have been happier. We stayed in phaseI, but were fortunate enough to get a newly remodeled room. In fact, there are only a few of these remodeled rooms available, and we were the first staying in this unit. I was told that in time, all the PhaseI rooms will be remodeled.We are five (2 adults and 3 children) and were very comfortable in this unit. Two kids slept in the guest BR and one on the queen-sleeper in the LR. Since the room was remodeled, all the furniture and appliances were new. Wow, were the beds comfortable! Since we were the first in this room there were a few kinks that needed to be worked out. There were no blankets or pool towels, and the ice maker was not hooked up. But all it took was one phone call, and everything was promptly attended to.We were very happy with CP and would highly recommend it.

Monterey - beautiful wild coast

by Myndo

Between Monterey and Carmel is the famous 17 miles drive.

That is one wonderful stretch of coast! The scenic road is a must see, if you are here.
Several view points like the Cypress Point show you the wild stone cliffs, the dwarfed pines and the breaking waves.

The only thing I did not really like there, are the many people. Lots and lots are here. It can get hard to make a picture without anyone on it.

Tough to please traveler was pleased

Just returned from a week stay February 2004 in a 2-bdr phase 2 unit.
Found it very clean and well maintained. Unit overlooked pool and mini-golf, which we discovered is open until 11:00 pm. As the buildings make a circle around the pool/golf area, the noise is amplified as it bounces off the walls. I was amazed at how two loud kids in the pool can disturb hundreds of guests. Even on the 4th floor, noise was so bad two nights in a row that we had to switch to a room facing the parking lot. Management was very cooperative with our request and even sent over a bellman with the new room keys so we didn't have to go to the main desk. Once we switched we were very pleased. Location is great, 1/2 mile from Downtown Disney hotel area. This is a great alternative to the Disney resorts, but beware the noise from pool-facing units especially if you put your kids to bed relatively early.

Great Place to Stay!

My husband and I drove our 4 boys to Disney and stayed at the new phase II Grande Villas in Feb. 2004. We loved it!! It was clean, spacious, and had everything we needed. I loved having a washer/dryer in the room and a full kitchen, the kids loved the big TV and the beautiful heated pools right outside our window. It also had a nice putt-putt golf that my 4-year-old liked($4 to rent the ball & club). It was also only about a 2-minute drive to the entrance to Disney. One review mentioned the sheets coming off the bed, this was true, but a minor inconvenience.
Another review mentioned an odor in the room. I did notice this in the kitchen's pantry, I think they must spray for bugs, although we never saw any. The beds were comfortable, I liked the screened-in porch, the shower didn't have great water pressure, the service was good and everyone was friendly. Overall, the many positives outweighed the few minor negatives. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends. The price also couldn't be beat!!

Good experience

by TripAdvisor Member TurboTourist

Stayed here last December. Two nights in 2BR Phase 2 condo. Clean and like new with no problems. Agree about the pool-side noise. Music until late, so face the parking lot if possible.

It was a great place to stay

We stayed March 13-19 2004. We also booked on hotelkindom. We were very worried since it was such a good rate we got the three bedroom for 79 a night. When we got to the room we were very surprised. The rooms were very big and clean. It had two master bed rooms with baths and a small room for the kids with twin beds plus another bath. We will be staying there again. The pool was really nice also. It was heated, had three waterslides and a volcano that squirted out water. The kids loved it.
The only problem we had was with the water. It wasn't anything major but when we were in the shower the cold water would disappear occasionally. Other than that it was great.

Prestine! Lovely resort

We (my family of 7) were very pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, beautiful decor and luxury of spacious in our 3 bed room phase II unit.
After reading all the negative comments from @ Nov. 2003, I 'm glad I did not cancel our reservation. We did tour other famous brand resorts for comparison and were still very pleased with our choice. Staff and management were very pleasant and helpful. I can only say either the management has addressed the concerns of their valued guests or the people with negative comments stayed elsewhere than I did. If all the units are like where we stayed, then I donot know what people expect.
We stayed from march 26th -April 2nd 2004.

history centerhistory center

Sony Sports WalkmanSony Sports Walkman

Alligator Wrestling at GatorlandAlligator Wrestling at Gatorland

Vader and a storm trooperVader and a storm trooper

Van or BUs from MCO to Cypress Pointe Resort

by miaguy

I need to a van or Bus to transport 4 people and a bunch of baggage from ORlando's Airmport to their resort. They arrive 6/11/05 at noon from Puerto Rico. Any help willl be apreciated.

RE: Van or BUs from MCO to Cypress Pointe Resort

by TRAVELBUDDYinFLORIDA

Hello,
Try SuperShuttle.com or call them at the Orlando airport. They have vans.
Wes

orlando airport to cypress pointe resort driving instructions

by musaphir

hi

we plan to drive from the international airport to the cypress pointe resort and would like detailed instructions as this is the first time we will be doing this drive. greater the details provided the better so that we can keep to the correct lanes for making the turns and exists which may be neessary during the drive.
musaphir

RE: orlando airport to cypress pointe resort driving instructions

by monorailgold

Hello,

From airport take 528 west (portions are toll road) to I-4 west (tampa). Take exit 68 (the lake Buena Vista exit) 535/Apopka Vineland Road. Turn right onto 535/Apopka vineland road. Turn right at third light (Vinings Way Blvd). The resort is the second left.

Donna