1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States

Orbitz.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

One of Three

Disney has three All Star resorts - Sports, Movies and Music. I picked Music because my granddaughter plays the guitar. Check in was easy. I picked up my scooter and we went down to the room which was nice - it was in the Rock and Roll section by the Piano pool.

This was good as the rooms by the Guitar Pool were quite noisy what with kids screaming and loud speakers with music and microphones on the people running the games. Unfortunately after the scooter stopped working, it was after hours and although I got a wheelchair, the hotel staff would not push it.

Unique Quality: They had pizza delivery to the room but only large pizzas. They would not deliver a small pizza. There was a food court type place where I could have gotten a small pizza, but I was too tired to go out again.

Directions: near Animal Kingdom on Disney property

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Musical Decor

We stayed here for one night before our cruise on Disney Fantasy. I liked it very much because there were music decorations all over the place. It took us some time to figure out how to open the door - I was more accustomed to swiping a card, but this hotel you have to press the card to a rubber pad.

There were five sections - Jazz, Rock, Country, Calypso and Broadway-style show tunes. We were staying in the Rock and Roll section

Unique Quality: There are two pools - one shaped like a guitar (my preferred instrument) with lots of games going on. It was very loud so it might be noisy in those rooms facing the pool. We were down farther and the pool near us was shaped like a piano and was smaller and quieter. The Country and Rock and Roll sections were quieter.

My grandmother rented a scooter, but after it stopped working, I had to push her in a wheelchair. The staff said they couldn't help me because of liability problems. They would only take our luggage.

There was a food court, and I could get gluten free hamburgers and that included gluten free fries which are fried separately from the rest of the food items. That was good. There was a mini fridge in the room and we could also order pizza

Directions: down near Animal Kingdom on Disney property

• 5 Star

When we arrived at the hotel, we left the bus and walked onto a red carpet that lead you to the front desk. It took approximately 5 minutes to sign in and the staff were very helpful by explaining about the dining plan because we were new to it. They explained in detail and then presented our room keys.

We had a late dinner that night, and the food was of excellent quality. It was much like a typical restaurant and there are lots of choices for all. The food at the 'Intermission Food Court' was better quality of that of the disney parks. If you have picky eaters within the family, they are happy to adjust to your needs eg- If you didnt want salad with a particual meal, you have the choice to leave it out.

Unique Quality: At night, they show a disney film by the pool for all ages (depending on weather conditions). During our stay, they showed disney films such as: Up!, Alice In Wonderland, Princess and the Frog, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. There are two pools, a Calypso and and Piano pool.

The themes of the rooms are a great idea. We stayed in the Calypso building. They also had 'Jazz In', 'Rock Inn' and 'Broadway'. However, these are of many.

• blitzerboy's Profile Photo

Fantastic place to stay!

The cast members are polite, helpfull, friendly and considerate. The building is constantly being cleaned even when you didnt realise it was dirty. Their is always a cast member wizzing through on their trolly things. The catering is superb with a wide variety for very reasonable prices (especially the bergers!). If you like music you will fall in love with the theme, its excellent!

[Try and decipher the curtains, its a well known disney classic!]

Unique Quality: Fantastic themed pools and buildings with absolutely everything to do with music from Jazz and Calypso to Rock n Roll, Country and Western and Broadway. SOme great photos can be taken of this resort and the Movies and Sports if you wake up early on a morning and go for a stroll!

Directions: Walt Disney World Resort, Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach area

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

cheap and clean hotel

amazing hotel, which is almost like a residentail apartment. i guess most people from usa wouldnt want that, but someone like me coming from asia. i guess its a neat bet, under 70$ per night. it was a clean plan and a great experience. and it really feels like you are in disney

• You get what you pay for...

I expected more from Disney...this is only a dressed up motel. The remote for the TV didn't work, I could hear everything in the room next door. There were a lot of college kids, loud and inconsiderate at 3am. The food court was loud, the trash cans were overflowing. The good points are that it's pretty cheap, you get free Disney transportation, and it’s in a good location. Having a Disney parking pass lets you go to other Disney Resorts for you meals. Try visiting the nearby Animal Kingdom Lodge, it’s beautiful and the restaurants are great.

Directions: Disney

More about Disney's All-Star Music Resort

All-Star Resorts

by Ischyros about All-Star Resorts

The Movies, Music, and Sports Resorts are part of Disney's Value Resorts. They each consist of a cluster of several buildings, each with it's own mini theme. For example, the All-Star Music resort has a universal theme of music, but there is a section devoted to rock, a section devoted to country, a section devoted to jazz, etc. The buildings are decorated with oversized, whimsical props such as giant soda cups, large football helmets, things like that. Even the pools get into the fun. The main pool at the All-Star Music is shaped like a guitar and the quiet pool at that hotel is shaped like a piano. These resorts cost about the same that most hotels along the fringes of Disney World cost. You have to stay far down the highway to get cheaper. Children love the oversize props, thus a lot of families stay here. Not exactly where I would stay on a nice romantic getaway. However, if you do want to stay cheap and not have loud kids running around all hours of the night, the All-Star Music seems to be the quietest from what I've heard. The rooms are the smallest of the Disney resorts, but you get what you pay for. There are also no full-service restaurants here, only the food court, but in my opinion, the food court here is one of the best of the Disney Resorts. There's also a McDonald's a stones throw away. Each hotel has two pools, a main pool and a quiet pool. The quiet pools are always smaller than the main pool but aren't necessarily quiet. This is one place Disney needs to change the naming scheme. These pools are typically closer to the edge of the hotel while the main pool is in the center.

Worth Trying!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Myranda

My Husband, daughter (age 5) and I stayed at the Disney all-star Music resort from 3-10 October 2003. Check-in was a breeze and our room was great except for the loooonnng walk to the main building where the food court was and the loading area for the buses. The first meal we ate at the Food Court was good and 2 of the "cast members" came over to us and ask if our daughter would like to be the "Chef of the Day". Of course this was exciting and she got a Chef hat, a certificate from the hotel and she got to decorate a mickey mouse brownie. It was great. The best thing about staying there was the excellent trasportation system to and from all the Disney attractions. I know that we never waited more then 10 minutes to catch a bus. That is amazing considering how busy the hotel was. The pools are nice and the gift shop had everything you can think of. The prices were the same as any Disney store, so if you don't want to carry stuff around all day at a theme park, just wait and purchase it at the hotel. One good tip that I read on this site is to tip the housekeeper, not only becasue it's the right thing to do, but because everyday that you come back to your room she has made your towels into different animal shapes! Very cool, even for a kid at heart!!! Overall, we had an excellent time and I truly recommend this place to everyone visiting Disney World!!!!

Been there 2 time and last time

by TripAdvisor Member atroop711

I was just at the ALL STAR MUSIC RESORT from Aug. 7th thru the 14th (2003) with my 3 yr old daughter and mother. I had previously been there 6 yrs ago on my honeymoon. Where do I start.....6 yrs ago when I was on my Honeymoon we didn't spend any time at this hotel since we were at the parks ALL DAY LONG....so of course I thought there was nothing wrong with it....Present Day.....The staff is very friendly and work to help you in any way. The rooms are small but fine. It is not the size that bothers me, the fact that when your neighbors from next door or above you flush their toilet wakes you.....THAT BUGS ME.....My 3 yr old was so scared of this FLUSH...it is SO LOUD!!! And when people come and (literally) go at all hours and you could be awakened by this....this BOTHERES ME!!! A storm came through one night and the next day we had no TV CABLE all day long....Some of the cafeteria staff (cashiers and table cleaners) were not so nice.....they definately did not have that DISNEY HAPPINESS.....The food was good....but after being there for 8 days you would like to see a change up in the menu.....but the food and prices were just FINE!!!! The biggest gripe that I had with this experience was with some of the guest that we excountered. I guess since it is an economy resort (which it is great for many families) you will have a huge mix of personalities staying there. I just have a problem with having my daughter around people who are screaming and cursing at eachother or their own kids with no regard to the other children around. There was a mom screamiing at one of her 5 kids and my daughter (in the kiddie pool) stood there frozen and said mommy I am scared.....Last year we stayed at the PORT ORLEANS RESORT....We will never do the economy resort again if we could afford not to......at least at PORT ORLEANS the we didn't come across A BUNCH OF POTTY MOUTHS...

ANNETTE, NYC

Excellent, a great place to stay!!!

We just came back from our 9 day visit to Disney World and I can't say enough good things about the All Star Music resort. I had read many reviews prior to going and I was a little nervous with what was being written. Well no worries to anyone else reading those same reviews. I had heard the rooms were extremely small and I would say they were a little on the small side, but we had 2 teenangers and 2 adults and we were very comfortable. We even ordered a roll-away bed and there was still room without feeling crowded. I also heard the food court was overpriced and the food was horrible. Was I eating at the same resort??? First your in Disney so yes it will cost $35 to each lunch and about $50 for dinner. Expensive?? Well that would be up the the individual. But for me I have been on many vacations and I didnt feel that I was being overcharged for anything. I also didn't agree on what people were saying about the food being not tasty. My family ate breakfast there everyday with no complaints. The pizza was a huge hit with my teenangers, they actually said it was the best they have had. I found the fruit and salads always to be fresh and very tasty. My husband tried many different kinds of dishes with a smile for everyone.
I also read the staff was not friendly, and I couldn't disagree more.
Everyone we had an encounter with was always smiling and very helpful.
Our housekeeper kept us guessing daily on how we would find out stuffed animals and towel animals. We even played some games back with her. The pools were clean and refreshing. The guards were friendly and let the kids open the pool everday with a shout to get things rolling. The buses were great. We did have to wait twice in 9 days for about 20 minutes but at no other time did we wait longer than 10 minutes. I read that it takes long to get to places which we never found to be true. I think the longest from our hotel was the Disney Marketplace and that took about 15 minutes. I have stayed at other Disney resorts paying alot more money and I can honestly say I won't be doing that again. I will definetely be going back to the All Star Music, WE LOVED THIS PLACE!!!!

we were surprised at how good it was

by TripAdvisor Member bullets3205

I was a little leary about staying at a Disney resort again, much less an economy resort. Our last trip to Disney we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Club and were very diappointed. We were taking the kids this time and price was an issue so we booked the All-Star Music and crossed our fingers. Waht a wonderful surprise! I would recommend this resort to anyone travelling with children. The pool was amazing, the food excellent, the service impeccable. If I had to pick one thing to complain about it would be the size of the bathroom but that is neither here nor there. We will come again and if our funds don't permit a high end resort I would not think twice about booking at the All-Star Music again. Kids LOVED it and so did we! It truly made our trip a blast for the kids!!!

All-Star Music Resort PoolAll-Star Music Resort Pool

Disney's All Star Music Resort

by rlg2706

Has anybody stayed at this Disney Hotel? I'm looking for the best deal on a family room for 5 and notice they have a family suite. I was wondering if in this suite you have to make sofa beds up every night so that you can use them during daytime. Also can you advise on the buses to this hotel. I have read that this resort is furthest away from the theme parks. I have been to Disneyworld before and noticed that the lines for these buses always looked long. Is transport a problem to this area? I would appreciate any general advice (good and bad) on this resort. Many thanks......

by jodky

Hi Did you stay there? I am wondering the same thing....we plan to stay at Disney Hotel but in October 2011....If you did stay canyou let me know how it went? Much appreciated

by rlg2706

No we didn't because we were offered a cheaper option at another hotel. We are going in April so if you need to know anything else, please ask. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

by rlg2706

PS I have stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside twice before. It is a moderate hotel but often gives a reasonable price depending on the number in your party. I would recommend this hotel. It is really nice.

Comments