Disney's Boardwalk Inn

amextravel.com Tingo.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 155% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

disney board walk

the disney board walk inn is located on disney property at the disney board walk entertainment area. the board walk inn is one of several disney luxury resorts. the board walk inn offers disney transportation to the disney theme parks. rates start at $315 to $2540.

Directions: disney property

• ErinJill's Profile Photo

Welcome Home!

In June 2006, Caolon and I stayed at Disney's Boardwalk DVC Resort using vacation points rented from an online points-share forum. This made staying at a home-away-from-home resort as affordable as staying at one of Disney's value resorts!

We had a studio room, which means one queen size bed and a pull out sofa that sleeps two. There were four people in our party and we fit just fine in the room. Our balcony overlooked the quiet pool and was a great place to start the morning while we waited for everyone to get ready. We had a mini-kitchenette area, but we didn't use that as much as we had originally planned.

We stayed on the 2nd floor (Boardwalk Level) near the quiet pool. It was an awesome location because we could sneak down a couple stairs and be able to jump in the pool in less than a minute. The quiet pool was great - there were hardly ever people in it and most nights we enjoyed swimming alone.

Unique Quality: The Boardwalk is a whimsical resort with colorful buildings, great places to eat, and an awesome pool! Since the Boardwalk is also considered one of Disney World's prime places for nightlife, it offeres several selections of excellent restaurants and night clubs including the ESPN Sports Zone, Spoodles (a mediterrainian restaurant), and Jellyrolls (a dueling pianos nightclub).

The best part about the Boardwalk is its location! It is located in the Epcot resort area and it is about a 10 minute walk to Epcot or 15 minute walk to MGM Studios. We could see the fireworks for both parks from various places around the Boardwalk and we could walk to the Swan and Dolphin or the Yacht and Beach Club for other dining options.

The pools at the Boardwalk are fantastic! The main pool is designed like an antique carnival with a slide that looks like a roller coaster and elephant statues shooting water into the pool around the sides. The slide was really fun and doable for children of all ages. We swam in the quiet pool more, since it was usually empty, but both pools were great.

One nice thing about staying at the Boardwalk with rented points is that we had full benefits that a DVC member would normally have. One of these benefits was the use of the clubhouse near the quiet pool. It was equipped with arcade games, ping pong, air hockey, and foose-ball tables and it was a great place to take a break from the parks.

Directions: Walt Disney World Epcot Resort Area

More about Disney's Boardwalk Inn

Disney's Boardwalk

I am a Disney Vacation Club Member since 1999 and I have had no problems. I have been able to go to many differnent places that I normally could not afford. My home resort is the Boardwalk and I have never been dissappointed. Even when I have had other family use my points there have been nothing but rave reviews. I ususally ask for a preferred room view facing Epcot and I have gotten it. Also, there is a family member of mine that has problems walking and DVC and/or the Boardwalk have always bent over backward to accomadate us. Ever cast member that I have talked too is always willing to help you and give you good pieces of advice. I do alot of traveling and what I find interesting is when I hear of people complaining about service at the Disney resorts or any where, it is because of that persons attitude toward the staff and ususally Disney itself.

Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

by goingsolo about Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

These two hotels are located right next to Epcot Center and the Disney Boardwalk. They are a bit older and not the best Disney has to offer, but a good option for anyone who wants to stay in the resort area and have immediate access to these two Disney resort areas. The Swan and Dolphin have a fitness center and salon as well as a few good restaurants. Todd English's Blue Zoo opened recently and has good although expensive food.

The Swan and Dolphin

by MandaJ320

Nice rooms, good service, very large resort Nice restaurants, nice pools, boat transportation to Disney's Boardwalk, Epcot, and MGM, bus transportation to all parks

Wedding/Honeymoon stay.

by TripAdvisor Member Quadsd

The Boardwalk Inn has our favorite room in all of Disney. The Garden Suites are so romantic. We just spent 5 nights there as part of our wedding/honeymoon trip. The Garden Suites are pricey, especially during the high season but they are well worth it if you plan on spending time in your room.

Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Shoreview

My mom and 7 year old daughter and I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for 5 nights in April. We had a wonderful stay. I had reserved a standard view room but believe we must have been upgraded upon check-in. Our view was of a quiet courtyard with Epcot's Spaceship Earth and Eiffel Tower in the distance. We could see most of the fireworks from Epcot each night from our balcony.

Our room was clean and somewhat larger than the room I previously had at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Epcot was a short 5 minute walk from the hotel. The boat rides to and from were nice for tired feet but actually took longer than the walk.

The only complaint I have (and it's minor) is the service at the take out window at Spoodles on the boardwalk. We waited for over an hour one night for a slice of pizza and 6 breadsticks. They were obviously understaffed. There were plenty of hungry and grouchy people waiting around for food that should have only taken several minutes.

I would highly recommend The Boardwalk Inn. The location is ideal and the staff is friendly.

disney's boardwalkdisney's boardwalk

cheap family fun in and around Orlando

by oopsyd2

Any ideas for inexpensive things to do with young children in and around Orlando in March? Zoos, playgrounds, children's museums, or secret fun places that we haven't found yet? also, we'll be driving between Orlando and Cocoa beach so activites/fun stuff in that area would be great too. Thanks!

by xxsentiaxx

How young are your kids? Mini golf always kept my brother and I entertained for hours and it's pretty cheap compared to other stuff in Orlando. Also, there are a ton of mini golf places all around that area.

by stevejone09

Florida is already a special destination, but do not pass up the opportunity to make it as enjoyable and memorable as possible with your very own holiday rental. Renting a villa in Florida is more affordable than you might think, and is often cheaper than a standard hotel booking.Florida has charmed countless visitors with its natural beauty, relaxing tropical atmosphere, and unique attractions.
If you are coming to be a part of this adventure, don’t settle for the lackluster amenities of a hotel but instead go in for holiday rentals

by cpcoates

The cost of theme park visits can definitely add up quickly. Luckily central Florida offers a lot of fun and interesting things to do...many of which are inexpensive. You can visit a site like http://www.placestogousa.com/2009/10/places-to-go-florida_7843.html to get more ideas. Some of my personal favorites are Gatorland in Kissimmee and watching the theme park fireworks at the Disney Boardwalk. Hope this helps!

by carlieluv

The Central Florida Zoo in Sanford is a lot of fun for kids and adults alike. Not too expensive. Check out my website in about a wekk and I will have pictures and info up about it.
www.orlando-florida-local.com

by stevejone09

The beautiful natural wonders and unique attractions of Florida are an enticing draw to any vacationer, but to make a getaway truly memorable you need the luxury and convenience of a holiday villa to call your own.
Having a home, apartment or condominium to yourself is a wonderful way to increase the enjoyment and satisfaction of your vacation, as well as potentially save hundreds of dollars. For more visit www.florida-villas-direct.net

Comments