4401 Grand Floridian Way, Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States

amextravel.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 136% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jenn5179's Profile Photo

Next best thing to staying in Cinderella's Castle

This hotel is by far the nicest of the Disney properties.

On the tram, nice restaurants, beautiful lobby and pool areas.....

I have been to Florida (WDW) 5 times, this was the best hotel I have stayed and and definitely look forward to going again

Unique Quality: I know this is one of the priciest properties, but really, we had such a great time - the pool, snack shops, restaurants. I had not one negative item I could think of

• doug48's Profile Photo

disney property

disney's grand floridian is my opinion is the best hotel in the disney complex. it is also the most expensive. this victorian themed hotel offers monorail service to WDW. because of it's excellent location and amenities i highly recommend it. rates start at $375 to $2065.

Directions: disney property

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Grand Floridian

I remember when this hotel opened, back when the Disney complex was a lot less complex. I never stayed here, and,to date, that remains true. But I attended a seminar here and, despite the "discount" room rate, still couldn't cough up the bucks to stay in grand luxury. But I listened with envy of tales from fellow seminar attendees about the hotel.

The spa received particularly high marks. The rooms are supposed to be fabulous, and, at $300 plus per night, they should be. We had several meals at the property, and they were delicious.

I've always loved the architecture of the hotel and its white picket fence design and have made several trips around the property just to admire it. Its also super convenient to the Magic Kingdom as its just one monorail stop away and close to the connecting monorail and bus service to the other Disney attractions. Its also the newest and nicest of the three properties adjacent to the Magic Kingdom. And, since Walt Disney World is the honeymoon capital of the world (I read that somewhere, Don't hold me to it. But it is definitely the happiest place on earth. All of the employees say it so that must be true. Where else do employees say that?), the Grand Floridian, in an effort to capture as much revenue as possible, has created a separate wedding pavilion. For the bargain price of a downpayment on a house, you can be married here. Disney characters are optional at the grand event.

Directions: You don't need directions once you're in the Disney complex. Just follow the signs to the Magic Kingdom and, from the Magic Kingdom entrance, follow the signs to the Grand Floridian

• Florida999's Profile Photo

Disney Resort Hotel

I spent one night there once, some years ago. It was the nicest, but most expensive hotel I have ever stayed at.

I took the photo last time we went to Magic Kingdom, from the boat on the way back to the parking lot.

• cyndec's Profile Photo

The Walt Disney Resort's BEST!

Simply WONDERFUL! We treated ourselves to this beautiful hotel my husband and I's first visit (our honeymoon) and have longed to stay here again ever since. I still remember the HUGE flower arrangements and pianist playing in the lobby as if it were yesterday. *sigh*

Unique Quality: Not many of the Walt Disney World Resorts have monorail access...but this one does! It also has a lovely beachfront and an AMAZING lobby!

More about Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

Honeymoon at the Grand Floridian

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Floridian on our honeymoon in September 2003. We stayed on a concierge floor where we experienced wonderful service. The hotel is so beautiful and was definitely beyond our wildest dreams. The restaurants inside the hotel had great food as well as service and I feel everyone there went out of their way to help us. We look forward to returning to the Grand Floridian in the near future!!!!!!

This is the Grand Floridian...

by Krystynn

This is the Grand Floridian Hotel, the MOST EXPENSIVE hotel here in Walt Disney World.

No, I didn't stay here. Couldn't possibly afford it. But if you have a chance, you must come visit this hotel. You can choose several ways to get to this hotel (courtesy of the many different modes of transportation that Disney provides). We chose to sail there..... For non-guests of the Grand Floridian, you can try having a Disney Character Breakfast here. If you buy their one week pass, a character breakfast meal would have been included in it. So, you may like to consider coming here. The food is excellent! Remember to make the necessary reservations before coming. When we were there for breakfast at 7AM, it was already PACKED!!!

For entertainment, you'd be rubbing shoulders with Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Mary Poppins and a whole other bunch of wacky characters.

We were very, very lucky. My...

by Dom_W

We were very, very lucky. My wife won the employee of the month award,so we were sent all expenses paid to the Hotel Grand Floridian which was the top Disney hotel, to attend her award ceremony.
The photo is in the grounds over looking the magic kingdom.
Very, very expensive. I could never afford to go there if I had to pay myself.

Honeymoon Hotels in Florida

by vaibhav_s about Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

What amounts to a perfect honeymoon is a difficult question to answer. However, there is one point on which everyone agrees: honeymoon is a special occasion and it deserves to be celebrated in style. Honeymoon hotels are dedicated towards making this unique phase of your life truly memorable.

The very mention of honeymoon hotels still results in raising a few eyebrows. However, you will be surprised to know that the concept is not as new as it seems. Thomas Henkelmann Homestead Inn in Connecticut, for example, is a honeymoon hotel that is more than a century old. Its colonial style spacious bedrooms and lounges are still big hits among the newly wed.

One thing is for sure though: nothing can beat Florida, and particularly Miami as a honeymoon destination in the US. Some may swear by Las Vegas, others may vouch for San Francisco, but Florida’s endless beaches, beautiful weather and great social life provide a romantic setting that is just about perfect for honeymooning couples. Not surprisingly, it has more honeymoon hotels than any other place in the US.

It is difficult to choose the best among Florida’s many honeymoon hotels, but Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and Grand Cypress are the most popular ones. The Grand Cypress in Orlando is famous for its great décor and countless honeymoon activities, while the Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa speaks the last word in luxury and opulence. pool, dinning, honeymoon hotel, spacious bedrooms and lounges

The luxurious Grand Floridian ResortThe luxurious Grand Floridian Resort

grand floridian resortgrand floridian resort

Grand Floridian ResortGrand Floridian Resort

Grand Floridian beachGrand Floridian beach

Anyway to park for MK w/out riding monorail or boats?

by oliviasoma

Going to MK and would like to know if there is anyway to beat the crowds and park within walking distance to MK.

Re: Anyway to park for MK w/out riding monorail or boats?

by JonoMan

As far as I know, there is no way for a tourist to get to MK without going on a monorail or boat. Even if you parked at the Grand Floridian or Polynesian, you would still have to take a boat.

Re: Anyway to park for MK w/out riding monorail or boats?

by Hexepatty