Doubletree Resort Orlando International Drive

10100 International Drive, (formerly International Plaza Resort), Orlando, FL 32821

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• norvegiasara's Profile Photo

Great stay

We stayed at this resort for 3 years while we were in vacation in Florida .
    Every single stay was comfortable and nice.
    Rooms are wide and clean,you can choose between tower rooms and rooms in small buildings around the resort.
    We enjoed so much their pools,3 pools .
    If you need WI FI you should pay an extra fee or use free wifi in the lobby.
    Sea World is next door,5 min walk.
    Parking is a bit expensive

Unique Quality: Their pools are great

Directions: International Drive,next door of Seaworld

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Beautiful Resort

The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! However, this resort's age is visible -- cracks, peeling paint in some places, etc. Nevertheless, rooms are very clean and well furnished. Their comforters and pillows are way above average; robes are provided, too.

Amenities -- pool, water slides, gym, spa, restaurant, deli, and bar; many conference rooms.

I would definitely recommend this resort to others.

Unique Quality: Next to Sea World, only a few miles from the Universal Studios.

Free hotel shuttle!!!

Directions: Next to Sea World

More about Doubletree Resort Orlando International Drive

When is a suite not a suite?

by TripAdvisor Member laplanis

We've just had four complimentary nights at the International Plaza Resort as compensation for an appalling three night experience earlier in the year. This time we were accommodated in a very spacious refurbished "Junior Suite" in the main tower block, the room was very clean, tastefully furnished and well maintained. The corridor outside the room however was not cleaned thoroughly during our stay and most of the time was littered with trash dropped by other guests.
The room lacked the facilities normally associated with the term "suite" and provided nothing other than a coffee maker, those expecting refrigerator, microwave etc will be disappointed.
The free "high speed" internet connection proved to be a frustratingly slow 256 kbs, although a faster connection was available at an additional and unreasonably high charge.
Other hotel facilities were quite good and included three swimming pools, one quite large with a poolside bar serving drinks and snacks. An ample supply of poolside towels were provided. The surrounding landscaping was attractively maintained and extensive refurbishment of the complex of single story accommodation blocks was in progress.
The hotel is well positioned for access to the attractions, particularly Sea World which is very close. There are a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity and others just a short drive away together with a large Publix supermarket.
This resort hotel could prove to be good choice for families when the renovations are complete.
Staff were courteous and eager to please albeit in our case restricted in their ability to rectify misleading marketing.

superb!

by TripAdvisor Member peanut25

I was extremely apprehensive about staying at the hotel after reading the many negative reviews on the internet. My husband and myself have stayed in hotels on international drive before and on every occasion have been impressed with our chosen hotels however the reviews of this hotel (which we discovered after booking) filled us with trepidation as this holiday was to include my husband's elderly parents, and this was to be their first trip to America and naturally we wanted everything to be perfect for them.
After corresponding via e-mail with a wonderfully helpful lady called April (Guest Relations) at the hotel we were reassured that every measure would be taken to ensure that our stay was as pleasant as possible and she obligingly offered to upgrade our rooms to those in the tower block.
Upon arrival (and after a long journey from the U.K) we were eager to check-in, relax and hoped that the hotel was satisfactory.
The staff at reception were wonderful, extremely courteous and friendly and the checking-in process was speedily efficient in what I would describe as a superbly attractive lobby area.
After locating our adjacent rooms we were suitably impressed with the standard of each room. The rooms were spacious, spotlessly clean, with modern decor and I was perfectly satisfied with the standard. Likewise the hotel grounds were clean, well-kept and spacious - the pool area looked particularly attractive (however, we were on holiday to visit the theme parks and did not have time to use the hotel facilities - on this visit at least!).
The reviews on the internet were correct ONLY in as much as describing the obvious building repairs and improvements being undertaken - but in defense of the hotel management the rooms being refurbished were shrouded to limit dust exposure, noise and direct visibility.
The refurbishment is an inconvenience for guests staying in the chalet style rooms but the hotel has tried to minimize this as best they can and the temporary disruption to a few guests will result in a completely refurbished, modern hotel with improved facilities that will attract many more visitors for repeat visits.
Until completed, the hotels biggest advantage is its staff - they were wonderfully obliging and ensured that our visit was very special. We would not hesitate in booking a return visit to the hotel and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough!
(A bit of additional information - the hotel provides FREE transportation to most of the theme parks, including DISNEY - this is a big money-saver if you have not hired a car, as most hotels charge a fee for Disney transfers - yet another reason to give the International Plaza Resort and Spa a try!!!)

Expensive yet delicious and convenient

by tatyanap about American

Blue Marlin Grille is located on Sheraton World Resort property. While dinner entrees are $17-36, they are delicious and nicely presented (flowers, whole grilled vegetables, etc.). Also, you don' t have to drive around looking for a place.

Nicely decorated, multi-level restaurant. Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables, citrus cake.

Buffet breakfast!

words cannot describe how fab this hotel is

by TripAdvisor Member babyfaye77

before going i was wondering if i had made a huge mistake booking this hotel as there was some really bad reports,
when we arrived i thought what are going to to once we had collected the keys as there is building work going on to improve all rooms,when we opened the door to our room i couldnt believe it,it was gorgeous very very clean and very comfy beds with plasma telly,
as i said there is building work going on but you never hear a thing or really see any of the workmen,
we didnt eat in the hotel restraunt but we did eat at the hotels onsite pizzahut takeaway,
the pools are gorgeous spotlessy clean with clean towels on offer all the time,and its open till 12am everynight
the kids loved the putting green even though its small and the games room,
it has a laundrette which is very cheap to use my friend who was staying in the renaisannce at seaworld came to our hotel to use it as they didnt have one!
the maids kept the rooms spotless cannot fault them at all and towels changed everyday,
security is excellant too my son left our room slightly open one night and we had not noticed it and a security man chapped our door at 2am to make sure everything was ok,
only thing i could fault them on was sometimes the people at the front desk where not that helpfull and prefered speaking to the high flying people!
all in all great hotel for couples,families everyone really would have a great time,
also at a perfect location not in the centre of i drive where all the hustle and bustle is,straight oppisite aquqtica and seaworld,

well recomended hotel :)

great location for sea world

by TripAdvisor Member risbrigertravel

we stayed in this hotel for ten days from 29 sept 08 we picked this hotel out the virgin brochure becuase we had spotted it the year before , its in a great location on I drive stop 29 on the trolley route its actually just off the busiest part of i drive, but its in walking distance of sea world, in fact the hotel grounds has a gate at the end of the complex wich enables guests to walk over to the park, it takes about 10 mins, wich if the trolley bus is busy or you want to get there for just after 8am this a great way (we walked one day to be at seaworld for just after 8 so we could catch the free shuttle to discovery cove before the crowds,there is also a free bus to aquatica and busch gardens at seaworld, although you can see aquatica from the hotel itself, there is a mini golf and three pools , we only tried the nearest one to our room wich was great, the deep end was sectioned off for swimming in , there was plenty of loungers, and was open til late, there is also a luanderette with easy to use washers and dryers these was $2.25 each cycle. our room was in the many two story blocks around the landscaped gardens, (see photo) these was clean and the maid cleaned and tidied every day even folded and placed the kids teddies on the pillows! beds was comfy, there is air con and a free key lock safe, wich is handy, we never tried the food here but it did look nice and you could eat in really nice surroundings, we ate in the village inn across the road, wich i reccomend for a resonable price meal, if you dont fancy the trek down i drive at night!there is also a gas station across the road, wich has a pay phone(there are ones in room), but they obviously charge more! there is also a frige freezer in the room as well, wich is great for storing milk and drinks in, also on top of this is a coffee maker, it can do hot water for tea, but its geared up for coffee so i advise you to take tea bags if you like a cuppa in the morning. one of the other great things about this hotel is it offers free shuttles a t two times every morn to disney and shuttles to universal, ask for a schedule at the excursion desk, as the times and bus lanes in each park vary and can be confusing, they also sell the i drive trolley passes from here, this is a cheap way to get around i drive if your not driving! also we found on the back of the key card slips discounts available for food at universal studios through the hotel. there is also a tall tower block with rooms on site , but i think the blocks are better, and they are being refurbed at the moment so next year they should be even better.

Second Stay Not So Great

by TripAdvisor Member dreksfreks

My first time at this hotel was ok. I was moved 3 times in order to get an ok room. This time I thought it would be better because I reserved one of the new renovated rooms. Checking in was a mission they had somehow lost my reservation even though I did have a confirmation number. Then they tell me you are not allowed to have pets in the new room even thoough it does not say so on their website. So of course I had to be in their regular rooms. First of all the bathrooms were disgusting you could tell it hadn't been cleaned, the room smelled musty, you could see dead bugs on the wall and super dusty on all the lamps. If you stay here make sure you get the new rooms but dont take your pets.

Renovations, etc.

by TripAdvisor Member Libby_Brods

I just had a great stay at this hotel, but they are tough on the check out time. We had housekeeping come by numerous times to kick us out. The front desk begrudgingly granted us a late check out, which was the only drawback. Other than that we had a terrific time. A few things about this hotel to keep in mind...

The renovations are ongoing, and right now the "Ivory" section is closed and will hopefully open up in December '08. If you pay for that type of room, you will end up in the Aquamarine section, which is the damp older section. Which will go under renovation next. The only rooms that are renovated now are the Coral rooms, which are hard to find on the travel sites.

The hotel is huge, and things can be far from your room, so upon check in, look at the map and make sure you are near to where you want to be. I changed my room after looking at the map, and the front desk was fine about making the change.

There are so many types of rooms at different rates, so when checking in, ask a lot of questions. There is a big difference in facing the parking lot (odd number rooms) and facing the pool or garden (even number rooms).

The negative reviews are from people who didn't do there homework to know the ins and outs of this hotel.
A note to the management...your map of the property posted on your website would be helpful, so you can plan your trip accordingly! I would say the only con, is that there are too many room choices and not enough info about where or what they are!

Overall, great place!!

What a dump!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member DanielleS

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. My company traveled here for a recent convention and was booked in the aquamarine rooms which are renovated. First off it took 1 hour to check in 3 rooms because the front desk is so slow and had no clue what was going on. Second, room block 8, 9, 10 and actually all of the hotel is extremely dark. Once arriving at my room the keys did not work only to find myself walking all the way back to the lobby for her to tell me they wrote down the wrong room number. Arriving in my second room I found out the door did not lock. Once again back on the phone for them to switch me again. 1:30 am people were in the pool screaming and partying till 5 am and not once did security stop them. Next day I come back from the convention and my room was left wide open. Maid must of came and never shut the door. I was beyond pissed called the manager and they moved my room into the main tower. Next night I came back from the convention to once again find my door open. I was so scared and beyond creeped out by this experience. Went back to the manager and told her I was not paying or allowing my company to pay for such a [--] hotel. They should come in with a bulldozer and knock that whole place down. All she did was stand there and say I understand. This should not happen at a 1 or 5 star hotel and I could not wait to check out the next day and come home. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE...they have no idea what is going on.

okay at first, worse as you stay there

by TripAdvisor Member kaiyen

The standard phrase is to not judge a book by its cover. This is usually about not being negative based on appearances. Sometimes, however, it goes the other way.

I stayed at the Inernational Plaza Resort and Space in Orlando for the Eduause Conference, which is coming to a close today. When I first arrived, i read about the 2 pools, the hot tubs, the jacuzzi, the min golf course, and even the putting green so that one could get ready for a round on a neaby course and called my wife to tell her how cool the place was. It really had a tropical feel.

However, after just 1 night the cracks started to show through, an indicated of a hotel that hasn’t been kept up as well as it should. For instance:

* my toilet had this magic capability to auto-flush every 10 minutes or so. Maintenance could not fix it.
* my a/c was either on completely or off entirely. Even turning it down to “low” for the fan didn’t help - when I’m gone for 7 hours at a conference it’s might cold. And when it was off the air was incredible stagnant.
* The soft pillows were offset by the painfully firm bed
* The LCD tv was nice, but it really demonstrated the problem of a crappy tv signal looking horrible on a high resolution screen
* The coffee maker wasn’t just not plugged in, but there wasn’t even a plug nearby. So I made coffee with it sitting on the ground. You know, a standard spot for that.

The good news is that the pillows are soft. And that the carpet wasn’t any dirtier than usual. So I guess that’s a plus. I would not recommend it.

Comments