Doubletree Suites Walt Disney Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Doubletree Suites Walt Disney Hotel

Great Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member birdie987

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Orlando. We were very impressed! The room did not smell like mold as some of the other reviews stated. It smelled fresh and the room was very clean, as well as spacious. We stayed in room 730, had a king sized bed that was very soft and comfortable with a down comforter and plenty of down pillows. We have two children, ages 8 and 10 who were very comfortable on the pull out sofa bed.
Streamers restaurant located in the hotel has a delicious breakfast buffet. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel, but I am sure lunch and dinner are good also. The pool area was very nice and spacious as well as clean.
At check-in they give each guest a warm chocolate chip cookie(they were great!) and the kids get a little goodie bag.
We were very impressed by the overall cleanliness of the hotel. It is not a new hotel, but it is very well kept up. The housekeeping staff were all wonderful and friendly and everytime you passed one of them in the hallway they would ask if everything was okay and if you needed anything.
In fact, all of the staff here were nice and helpful in assisting with anything you might need.
We have been to many hotels in Orlando, including all three hotels in Universal Studios property as well as a couple in Disney. While they were very nice, they were also very expensive and small in room size as compared with this hotel. If you are looking for a nice, affordable family hotel close to Disney, with plenty of room for a family of four, check this hotel out!

Wonderful Hotel!

We just returned from stay at the DoubleTree Suites Hotel and had a wonderful time. This is a great family-oriented hotel. The staff is friendly. Contrary to other reviews, I was happy with the kids theater. On Friday nights they offer a "kids storytime" where the children are read a story and get milk and cookies. My daughter loved it and she made many new friends.
The rooms were large and clean. We had the new "Sweet Dreams" beds and they were extremely comfortable. My daughter loved the TV in the bathroom.
The pool was clean and warm.
We also ate dinner in the restaurant and I really thought the food was fresh and very good. The waitstaff was great.
I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here on furture visits to WDW.

OK for the $$

We stayed one night at Doubletree in December before checking into the Beach Club Villas. I remember the staff as being very friendly and accommodating. You get what you pay for. It's due for an overhaul or a good cleaning. The sofabed in the livingroom was uncomfortable. I don't think our daughter could taken it for another night. There was definitely a musty sewer smell that we couldn't wait to get away from. We went to the continental breakfast the next morning and was surprised to have servers seat us and wanting to give us table service. We didn't stay to see how nice this would turn out because we wanted to grab and go. This is good for proximity to Downtown Disney and the convenience of the kitchen. We got what we paid for. I recommend it if you're not picky.

Location, Location, Location

This is a good 3 star hotel........ The rooms are excellent, large, seperate bedroom, bathroom.Ideal for those nights when you get back from the park early, kids are knackered but you feel like watching the TV. Lock the kids away asleep and you can get on with your evening (imagine all being in the same room, the kids are asleep by 9pm - What do you do!!!!!)
What makes this hotel is the location. It is within the disney walls so you benefit from the disney transportation. We had coaches running to and from every park every half an hour. Also you can turn left out of the hotel and take a nice stroll (10 mins) to downtown disney, turn right and stroll (10 mins) to the "Crossroads" which has a large number of bars, restuarants, supermarket etc etc. Whilst here we visited many of the hotels in the downtown disney area and although some of the other hotels had better facilities none had the room type we needed.

What let this hotel down for me was the lack of a communial area. Being from the UK I enjoy sitting in a bar at the end of a long day having a drink or two and maybe a chat with other holiday makers. This hotel has a very small, uninviting bar area and the drinks are expensive.

Overall i think think this is a good hotel for the money. I got a good rate through (---) and for $138 per night also had continental breakfast thrown in.

Worst hotel I ever stayed at

I stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites for three nights in March, 2005 while attending the convention of the American College of Cardiology. I was terribly dissapointed, especially since I had previously stayed there with my family several years earlier and had a good experience. This time however, my experience was terrible. I requested a non-smoking room but was given a room with such a heavy odor of smoke I literally tried to air it out from the moment I arrived. The housekeeping promised to spray it but that did nothing, and the hotel said there were no other rooms available. I bought air freshener and slept with the window open,but the musty smell of smoke remained.
I tried to do some reading but found that the lighting in the living room consisted of a 40 watt bulb. I took the 100 watt bulb from the bedroom and exchanged it with the one in the living room. The lighting over the kitchen table was also terribly inadequate. The kitchenette area had no utencils.
Needless to say, on my future visits to Orlando, I will not be staying at the Doubletree Guest Suites.

Worth a try...

by TripAdvisor Member mom23boysinLI

We stayed at the hotel during the very busy April season. I was a bit nervous about some of the bad reviews I had read- but would absolutely consider staying there again. The rooms are spacious and clean. There is definitley room for improvement in decor and updating the bathroom and furniture- but it was great for the price. The suite was large enough to accomodate 6 people. My husband and I, along with my sister and my three kids. They provided an old- but clean and sturdy crib for my toddler and the older boys- ages 3 and 6 were able to share a bed- giving my sister her own and my husband and I the pull out bed. Having the kids have their own tv was a major plus!!!! After a long day at the parks- the kids needed some down time and were able to watch tv in the bedroom- giving the adults some freedom to watch something other than cartoons. A major plus- especially if traveling with a toddler or kids- or even those on a budget- the kitchenette. The kids ate their breakfasts and most dinners there. We were able to cook oatmeal, make cereal and other things quite easily. You have to buy utensils though! Having a place to eat saved us a lot of money and there were plenty of places to order in from- which we -the adults did almost every night! We ate at the breakfast buffet 2x and it was great and very accomodating to the kids. I would have to say the biggest plus- which I never thought would apply to us- was the access and helpfulness to those with disabilities. My husband broke his foot en route to Florida. He spent all 7 days in a wheel chair. The hotel had a few spare wheel chairs that we were able to use and keep in the room all during our stay. It allowed me to get my husband to the car and up to the hotel room with out carrying him on my back!! At one point- the wheel chair broke in Disney Village. I was nervous about the hotel's reaction- they were so very kind and had it fixed in a jiffy. Without their assistance and the offer to use the wheelchair throughout our vacation- our trip would have been horrible. They were great and extremely helpful! Lastly- the hotel staff was very accomodating and nice. If anything needed to be fixed- like our ac- they were up to fix it in less then 10 minutes. I would recommend this hotel- the price is right. I would much rather stay here and spend my money on souvenirs and shopping then at one of the pricey hotels where we would be cramped and leave us little play money. It was a great hotel for families with small kids!!!

It was OK!

by TripAdvisor Member wdw4me

We chose the Doubletree for two main reasons....we have a 1 year old daughter and needed a suite and the price at the Doubletree was good ($129/night). The second reason was we needed a CRIB, not a pack and play which was all that was available at the disney owned hotels. I called numerous times to confirm that a crib would be available and were told that it was no problem, they had PLENTY. Well when we checked in they delivered a pack and play to our room. When I complained they basically said that was all that they had as several guests unexpectely requested cribs. I was angry since we were promised on numerous occassions that we would have a CRIB! I asked that they borrow one from another hotel and they did, but it took numerous hours. Another problem was that our room was never cleaned before 6pm. This interfered with our daughter's nap schedule as we had to sit in an unmade room and had to leave during inconvenient times. The room we had was old, the tiles in the bathroom were falling out, the floor was dirty, the furniture needed to be replaced. I did complain about our problems and they graciously refunded one night of our stay. On a positive note, the hotel was convenient to the Disney Marketplace, about a 15 minute walk...as well as many nice chain type restaurants. I would consider staying there again, but it would not be my first choice. GOOD LUCK.

Great for families

We've just returned from a five day stay at WDW. The hotel met all our needs and was considerably cheaper that an equivalent room in a Disney Resort. Our deal included a cold buffet breakfast for the five of us - well worth it. The hotel offers free shuttle buses to and from the Disney Parks. We caught the 8 o'clock bus every day to the parks and they were pretty much on time every day and got us to the parks before they opened at 9am. You do feel it's a long way picking up at all the other hotels first but I think we were about half way through the pick up and drop off route so I guess it could have been worse. Room was great and we enjoyed room service twice which we felt was pretty reasonable and saved us freshing up after a long day at the parks. Never made it to the pool but it seemed fine. If you want to use the room for eating your own food make sure you take your own plates and cutlery - we took a picnic set! Would definitely stay again.

Great for our family

by TripAdvisor Member Bastrop_TexasMairi

We just spent 8 nights July 26- Aug 3rd at the DoubleTree Guest Suites and loved it. This hotel is in downtown Disney and close to many shops and restaurants. The pool was never too crowded and the only bad thing I can say was the margarita from the pool bar was terrible.
The room was perfect for our family of 4, and had a microwave, fridge and a kitchen table to eat at. We were able to keep leftovers in the fridge and have them for lunch the following day.
The beds were new and we all slept like babies. The rooms were always clean and the staff friendly.

We learned that you can pack your lunch and take it into the parks, so we stocked up on PB&J and fruit etc. and ate our own lunch every day in the park. Having the fridge was a big plus for us.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a suite but not able to afford the suites inside "the world."
I booked our room through MouseSavers and the hotel gave us the best available rate and vouchers for free continental breakfast every day.
The breakfast was great with fresh fruit, hot cereal, cold cereal and every pastry one could think of.
I'm not sure why this hotel falls so far down on your list of favorites, we were very happy there.

Loved the space!

by TripAdvisor Member CruiseLori

We stayed here for 2 nights during spring break before heading off on the Disney Cruise. Got the room for $188 per night which included breakfast for 4 (we had 5 of us, but the 3 year old was free). The breakfast was good, but certainly would not have paid the listed price if not included with our room. Husband and I and our 3 children- 10, 7, 3. It is hard with a family of 5, I certainly don't want to have to pay for 2 rooms, so suites are wonderful. We let our 2 daughters each have their own bed in the one room, we took the sofa and the little one slept on the couch cushions on the floor. Like someone else mentioned, it is so nice to have a seperate room with kids, so they can get to sleep early, though the slated wood doors, allowed a little too much light/sound through. My oldest said it was the most comfortable bed she had ever slept in! The location is nice. Pool was nice, not crowded at all. There was a little reconstruction going on from a recent hurricane, but was kept neat and roped off. The little check-in desk for the kids is cute!

space shuttle atlantisspace shuttle atlantis

Kevin in Minnie's kitchen- that's a lot of cheese!Kevin in Minnie's kitchen- that's a lot of cheese!

Tons of Stuffed ANimalsTons of Stuffed ANimals

Jurassic ParkJurassic Park

Good hotels in Disney world Orlando

Hi

We are planning a trip to Disney world Orlando this coming November 20,2009 for 7 days we are 2 adults and 4 kids ages 13,11,9,7 .

I like to know please what are the best 4 or 5 stars hotels with a good locations since that i am not driving .

thanks so much

by nomad7890

Best bet is to check TripAdvisor.com - however the Disney hotels, like the Swan will probably be great.

The kids may also enjoy attending a character lunch - it's a fairly good lunch with Tigger and Winnie the Pooh. Even if the kies are a little older they will enjoy.

by zuriga

The Grand Floridian is beautiful. We found it easy to get around with no car.

by uk2usa

With no car you should consider staying at one of the Disney hotels around the lagoon outside of Magic Kingdom. Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian. These all have monorail stops to take you to the Magic Kingdom or the transportation centre where you can get a monorail to Epcot or a bus to any other Disney property.

Many thanks for all the info. Was most helpful. mike2873

by johnfromoz

We have stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2005 & 2008 & cannot recommend it highly enough, It has bus & water taxi service to Magic Kingdom & the transportation centre,
Also the Grand Floridian looks excellent & that is were we will stay on our next visit.
Hope you have a great stay

by Frontierflyer

Any of the Disney owned resorts are going to be your best bet. Staying on property allows you the use of the Disney transportation system and the ability to visit the four theme parks during the "extra magic hours" when the various parks are only open to Disney Resort guests. The first thing I would do is decide which of the parks you will spend your time in. If the Magic Kingdom is the choice the any of the resorts on the monrail would be best. You might want to consider a 2 bedroom villa at the brand new Bay Lake Tower which is connected to the Contemporary Hotel. If you think that EPCOT is going to be the park of choice, then I would think about the Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas in a 2 bedroom unit. The 2 bdrm units normally have a king bed in one room and 2 queen beds in the other, and a queen sleeper sofa in the living room area along with a fully equipped kitchen. From the Beach club area you can actually walk into the back gate at Epcot or take a short boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Disney also provides complimentary transfers to and from the Orlando airport if you are staying at one of the Disney owned resorts. The Swan and Dolphin although located next to the Boardwalk and the Yahct and Beach Club are not Disney owned. If you have any other questions let me know.

by LadyRVG

Staying at any of the Disney Properties is always a good bet. Thhey supply transport to and from the airport and around the various parks. My favorite is Saratoga Springs Resort. They have studio, one-two-3 bedroom suites and have kitchens. It's a nice resort within walking distance of Downtown Disney and the Marketplace. The pools are nice and the rooms are spacious and comfy.

by mike2873

Thank you so much for the good information

Comments