EconoLodge Inn & Suites Orlando

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

• magictravelers's Profile Photo

A Practical choice

The cheapest hotel, close to everything and with a shuttle to Disney and Universal.
    With just the basics to rest, we were glad we chose to stay here and not at a Disney Resort. after all, we only spent 6-7 hours at the hotel, to sleep, shower and make a couple of phone calls.
    We stayed there the days we spant at the parks (4) and then went to my uncle´s Summer house in Palm Bay for the rest of the vacation.

Unique Quality: The basics:
    Free parking
    Consierge

Directions: On International Drive

• clanlamond's Profile Photo

In the Middle of Everything!

We enjoyed a stay at this motel very much last summer. The staff was friendly and they provide shuttle service to the theme parks.

The I-Drive trolley is a great way to visit the surrounding area without wearing yourself out even more and it's a good value.

Lots of pizza/subshops will put coupons under your door. After a day of walking the theme parks, this is a great relief! Spend the evening relaxing by the pool without having to fight the crowded restaurants on International Drive. It's a good thing.

Unique Quality: We got a one bedroom suite with a king size bed and TV in the bedroom and a double bed, TV, table, microwave, fridge, and sink in the main room. We were right off the pool and cafe. The pool was great and the food at the cafe was good and reasonably priced considering the area. Next door is a Friendly's restaurant which, if you've never been to one, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner but began as a ice cream parlor so it has some wonderful gooey treats. Across the street is Mercado (shopping and restaurants).

More about EconoLodge Inn & Suites Orlando

Used to be the Best Western Plaza International

by TripAdvisor Member LizzieandOllie1

This hotel is OK as a base, which is all we used it for as we spent all of our time in the parks.
The rooms are very basic and very dark, the only window looks out onto the walkway which all guests on the floor obviously walk along to get to their rooms, so the curtain's can't be opened. We were staying in a 'newly refurbished' room which we were shocked to learn as it looked like it had fallen straight out of the 70s! We found a dead cockroach by the side of one of the beds and there were constantly small bugs in the bathroom, but I guess this is to be expected in Florida's sub tropical climate!

Towels were changed daily and the sheets once during our stay but the bathroom was never cleaned, the room was not tidied and only one of the two double beds was ever straightened or made.

‘Friendly’s’ the diner next door is great and the hotel pool isn’t bad either.

The staff in this hotel are not particularly friendly but fully cooperative and helpful when needed. A word of WARNING....

DO NOT TRUST the ticket sales people in the main reception!!!!

Our experience went like this....

We would like Busch Garden's tickets please.
Ok, we have a 2 4 1 offer at the moment
What's the catch???
No catch, but Econo Lodge are opening a new hotel down the road and are inviting guests to have breakfast there to see if they would like to book for next yr, in exchange for this you get the tickets.
Ok, is there really no catch??
Yes, that's it, it's just a marketing tool and you will be there 1 hour have the free breakfast and get the tickets.

So we roll up the next morning and the breakfast was cold scrambled eggs with onions... that's ok we think, we'll just go somewhere else.
Next thing we know, we are being seated at a table with a guy trying to sell us a time share!!!!! After repeatedly explaining that we are not interested the guy doesn't give up and rambles on for THREE HOURS literally not allowing us to leave and collect our tickets until he has done his full presentation and shown us a room.

There were a number of guests conned into this when we were there, it would have been fine if we weren’t lied to and robbed of a full morning of our holiday, so just a word of warning DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE! One of them now has a very big flea in his ear!

Would NEVER stay here again but of you want a cheap base it’s ok.

Best Western Plaza,...

by jrbeejay

Best Western Plaza, International Drive
$85 per night for a suite Reasonable price, clean rooms, friendly service and a good pool layout catering for all ages

No Complaints - Pleasantly Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member mom2thekims

I was very apprehensive about staying at this hotel after reading the reviews of other guests. I even had our travel agents home phone number in the event it didn't work out.

We were staying for seven nights and I was pleasantly suprised once we arrived. The front desk was very busy because a hair convention was going on the same weekend we checked in. Even with being very busy, the front desk staff was very very nice and polite. They even upgraded our room to one with a refrigerator and microwave.

The room was clean. Pillows and bed were comfortable. It was a basic room, but we opened and closed all the parks so we were wiped out when we got back and didn't need all the luxuries.

Our shower did break the 3rd night of our stay. We were transferred to a new room that was even better than the first. Housekeeping even made our toilet paper and kleenex into roses!!

My kids enjoyed the pool. We had breakfast every morning at Friendly's in front of the hotel. It was great!

The location couldn't be better. I have to say, I was not looking forward to staying here, but had absolutely no complaints. It isn't a Marriott, but it served it's purpose. I would definitely stay here again.

absolutely fine

by TripAdvisor Member butterfly08England

we have just come back from this hotel i was really worried as ive seen loads of bad reviews but there was nothing to worry about it was fine no insects no smell just a nice hotel
we stayed in room 1213 so we faced the pool which was great as the kids could go in the pool and we could see them from the room we did stay in a family suite as ive got 3 kids so we were in the front room and in the bedroom there was a huge bed so the kids slept in there
the maid came every day which was great she was very friendly
the staff were very nice nobody was nasty so overall i would definately stay again

there were a few things that i would like to point out
the free bus shuttle too the parks from the 1st of june is going to be 10 dollars a person a trip which is not good if you already booked im think its fine but i would consider a taxi or the i ride as it will be cheaper plus alot quicker
also the key cards are not good they wont work very well but one day we couldnt get in someone came straight away and we got new cards and it was fine

brilliant

by TripAdvisor Member hoppwood

fantastic , prior to leaving the uk read some bad reviews and were worried when we heard the hotel was being re named econolodge dont know what we expected but our room was clean and cool after the heat of the days thats what you need briiliant location / i ride takes you just about where you need to go oliver 6 enjoyed wet & wild /wonder works/majic kingdom the list goes on. Friendlies next door - fantastic!kids get crayons and a doodle pad.got to mention crystal she was so friendly and helpful!
Breakfast everyday and the food and staff were fantastic. It was our first holiday to america was one to remeber and would definately go back for a second time and rebook with the econologe.
Basically i dont know what people are complaining about, because everything was satisfactory and pleasant.Fantastic base,fantastic food,friendly people........what more do you want!!?? we will be back!!

Horrible A Disaster!!

by TripAdvisor Member charlenegrech

We stayed at the hotel for a week first stop of our honeymoon trip ..when we arrived the receptionist was very rude he gave us the keys to our room and as soon as we entered the room and opened the door of the bathroom it was full of water ..like someone has just been there and used it..we went to tell the receptionist and a new guy was there speaking indian and little english he didn't believe us and we had to force him to come and check..he than gave us another room..this room had the lights that did not work so when we came back from the parks at night we couldnt switch on the lights!! it gave to the road..it was horrible i couldn't sleep ..woke up itching from the sheets..reception area horrible and smelled of mold everywhere..the swimming pool is small..and when we checked out since the reception is a bit far so you have to walk we arrived around 11.20 and check out was at 11.00 the guy at the front desk wanted us to pay an extra day..we refused and he told us that he had our passport and our visa number and that he would charge anyway..my husband and i where very disappointed ..they ruined our holiday stay and our honeymoon..I WOULDN'T GO BACK NOT EVEN IF IT WAS THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH!!
i'm sure there are better hotels

Worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying at!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Lola70

Let me first start by saying that I am a travel agent. I have personally worked in the hotel industry as well as the agency side of things for over ten years. I would not write such a review if I was not completely DISGUSTED by the service I recieved. I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!

I unfortunately stayed at this hotel in May before going to my cruise. And again for one night after my cruise. If I could have gotten my money back for the last night I would have gladly moved to another hotel rather than put myself through the torture of this hotel.

We stayed for two nights. Upon arrival we were greated with snarls, sighs and overall rudeness from the front desk staff. No Welcome, smile or general courtesy was given. When we checked in I specifically asked for a safe in my room. I was given the keys to a room on the very far side of the hotel and no one offered to help with our bags at all. So all our luggage over there we realized they did not give us a key to the safe. When I returned to the front desk she again sighed rolled her eyes and obviously felt I was putting her out by asking her to do her job. She then came back and said she did not have a key for the safe in that room.

Since I had specifically asked for a safe this obviously was not going to work. After twenty minutes of her saying she had nothing else available she then miraculously found me a room! Again no one offered to send a bell boy to help us move rooms which were on opposite sides of the hotel so quite a walk. We moved over and had a lovely view of the highway. At that point I did not want to deal with the front desk anymore as they were so rude.

I did however have to deal with them again as the pillows at this hotel are absolutely ridiculous they must be at least ten years old so if you like a nice fluffly pillow bring your own!! When I did go back and ask for those again same girls at the desk...this time they decided they would speak about me in spanish behind my back. I guess they assume a Canadian would not understand. Lucky for me I lived in Mexico for three years and understood perfectly well the names she was calling me. When I told her back in spanish that I understood her she told me I did not understand and could not understand what she was talking about and basically it was not my business!!

Thankfully we finally left on our cruise but unfortunately we did have to return to the same hotel for one more night before coming home. Again upon arrival we were treated so rudely I could not believe it. I asked if it was possible for early check in and was told very rudely that check in was at 3p.m. Since I am a travel agent and have worked in the hotel side of things as well I know that it is possible if it is available. The girl refused to look and said to come back at 3p.m. She never once offered any other option. I asked if there was somewhere we could leave our luggage and she grudgingly admitted there was. And again as I walked away she rudely told the other girls that I was stupid and should know better as I had just been there last week. Unlucky for her that my mother was still standing at the desk and heard her!!

Overall people take it from someone in the travel business...STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! You will regret your decision of staying at this hotel mainly for the staff. The only people that were nice were the bellboys (yes I did find one on my own since the front desk never offered me one lol) and the housekeeping department. They were wonderful otherwise the WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! I would recommend spending a bit more and staying somewhere where you will be treated with respect.

fly drive cruise

by trevorpiper

"1st week florida"

flew to sanford airport orlando picked up hire car drove down and stayed best western plaza international drive for seven nights.this was average 3 star hotel,ideal for using as base for travelling.to such places as disney world,universal studios

"2nd week cruise"

drove to port canaveral to board "the carnavel glory" cruise ship cruising to cosa mayo, cosumel,and belize.had 2 days at sea 1 going 1 coming back

I Drive & Weather

by madmaxgirlemma

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plaza International on I Drive and if you have, what did you think of it ? Also, does anyone know what the weather is normally like in the last 2 weeks of Sept and first 2 weeks of Oct ?

Thanks

Emma

by pulgaron

BW? Soso. The weather, yo can expect rain at 3:58pm on September 28th.
Nah, it sholud be very nice, in the high 70's to middle 80's withs cattered short lasting showers in the afternoon. Very hot sun, wear protection outside.

Enjoy.

by DUNK67

it was barably (sp) warm when we went in october, it didn't rain but a hurricane was on the way up from the south although it never got there during our stay.

by kop-queen

Our 2 recent trips have been April/May and we stayed either end of Kissimmee in villas but on our first trip 9 years ago we stayed at BWP 2 middle weeks of October. Weather was perfect and queues at park were only about a quarter capacity.

BWP was ok - good basics with Friendly's diner on the doorstep (we have continued to return there every time). Hotel must have been redecorated/updated since then so can't comment on what you'll find now. Good situation, and the staff were friendly.

Have fun

by Hexepatty

Go in October... EPCOT'S Food and Wine expo takes place. You'll thank me. Your Scale may not, however...

BWP on I Drive.. I agree w/ Kop above. Good location...

by diehard88

diehard88 here...I also plan to be in area Sept 24-Oct 3. I think there are 2 BW's on I Drive. Good choice when on a budget, though. You can expect mid 70's to low 80's during the day and cool nights. I was in O-town this past april and stayed at the Comfort Inn on palm pkwy. in Lake Buena Vista. Better accomodations and you can be picked up in front of the hotel to any of the parks. Good luck and good times!

by smithjefferies

yes stayed there at the beginning of august. clean and tidy. pool quite small and can get very crowded. hotel situated in the middle of idrive, free bus to universal, seaworld and busch gardens. costs about £30 in a taxi if you want to visit walt disney world. no entertainment at hotel but across the road is the mercado centre which has live entertainment every night and a food court, with a british cafe. For a good english pub the cricketers is also across the road from the hotel. green buses go up and down idrive for all the shopping outlets, best to buy a seven day bus pass from reception which lets you hop on and off when you want to xx

by teddyaderwich

I went last year first two weeks of October - it rained EVERY day I was there.... but only for a short spell...

It was so warm pavements were dry as soon as the showers stopped...

... didn't stop me having fun :-)

Helen.