Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Resort

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• gwened's Profile Photo

best suite hotel near Disney and Universal

try the Embassy suites in Lake Buena Vista, used it many times while living in the State .

yes the Universal studios are better in my opinion. To get there from airport best to hire the shuttle service of Platinum recommended by the hotel at http://www.platinumtrans.net/
    Cheers

Unique Quality: grand style, great service, all amenities, always great with the family

Directions: Take the Beeline Expressway/ RT 528 West to I-4 West, then take Exit 68/RT 535. Turn right, then make another right at the second light onto Palm Parkway. Turn Right at the 1st stop sign onto Lake Avenue. The hotel is on the right.

• Good Stay

My daughter just returned and was very happy with her stay. She used the transportation to Disney world and it was on schedule and there was alway room. Having a one bedroom suite was great for kids with different bedtimes.

The breakfasts were great. We got our event tickets through the hotel as the information they had was very helpful.

Unique Quality: One Bedroom,
    Breakfast and Happy Hour
    Helpful Staff

Directions: Lake Avenuen is on the Disney side of the highway

• iluvtrvl's Profile Photo

Best Value We've Found

We've stayed in budget hotels and expensive hotels in the past, but have found that the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Resort is our best fit for location and budget. The complex is closely located to Walt Disney World and Downtown Disney, as well as not too far from Universal and Sea World.

Embassy Suites hotels offers 2-room suites in all of their hotels, and provides a full cooked-to-order breakfast with all continental breakfast offerings, at no extra charge. The pool at this hotel is indoor/outdoor, and is very large to accommodate all ages of swimmers. There is a nice patio deck with tables, chairs and chaises for relaxing. In the evening, each adult guest is permitted 2 adult beverages during happy hour, also included in the cost of the room. The hotel is nicely appointed, and security is good but not interferring.. Depending on where you book your travel through (we use Travelocity and Expedia alot, but will also use the Hilton website), the room rate will run aroun $130 per night. A double bedded suite can sleep 6, plus both rooms in the suite have TV's, so the kids can watch their choice in one room while mom and dad relax in their room and watch their choice.

More about Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Resort

Third year in a row

This will be our 3rd year in a row staying at the Embassy Suites, Lake Buena Vista. We initially stayed there for our honeymoon in May of 2003 then went back the same week in May of 2004, and will stay there again in May of 2005.

We really enjoy staying at this place, the staff has been nothing but friendly and accomodating. They even recognized us last year and welcomed us back as soon as they saw us.

The pool area is very clean, the jacuzzi wonderful, after long days at the parks. Our room so far has always been clean. The hotel interior and exterior are clean. It is also close and convenient to Disney World and other parks, as well as shopping and dining.

It's also nice having the complimentary breakfast each morning and the manager's reception each evening. The breakfast was usually enough to fill us for the day, so that we only had to supply dinner for ourselves each day, which saves alot of money.

We're looking forward to our stay again this year at this resort.

Just so so.....

by TripAdvisor Member contesia

My recent stay at this embassy was a let down. I've stayed at other embassy suites so I was expecting more. I guess in a nutshell the room needs remodeling. The chairs around the desk were stained, the mattresses were not very supportive and the refrigerator didn't cool properly. I also thought being a hilton honors platinum member would help, but it didn't. The free breakfast was just ok. The made to order omelettes were usually burned and the hash brown potatoes were cold. I didn't have these types problems at other embassy suites. I think I'll pass on a return visit to orlando.

brilliant place to stray

We had a wonderful saty here for a full 14 days in August 04! I chose a non smoking suite even though i do smoke (thinking about the kids) The room was immaculately clean and done everyday, the staff could not do enough for us. The breakfast queue was long at nine a.m but soon dispersed, even when the hotel was booked solid as hurricane Charley came through! We felt very safe an were reassured. Literally five minutes from entrance to Disney and five from Seaworld. The food was excellent and the drinks reception was very good, I drank cocktails and malibu-snacks for the kids (popcorn and cheesy things) just a dolar tip each time-cheap at half the price! Our kids did not get up in the morning but we took their breakfast up to the room with no problems. We would definately go back there as we could not fault it one bitand didn't want to leave.

I cant imagine staying anywhere else!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member FrostyinNJ

I cant imagine staying ANYwhere else. We have gone to this establishment, with our family for 4 years now, and this year are bringing our extended family members for what we know will be a great time!!! Not only is the staff, friendly, the rooms clean, and the breakfast wonderful (not to mention the location), but our family feels the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable, and a vacation to remember. Juan, from the Tropix Restaurant, was absolutely wonderful!!!! Not only did he always greet us with a smile, but went out of his way to make sure our son had everything he needed, and made him feel part of the embassy family. We have stayed in Disney properties and hotels around the parks. We feel the Embassy Suites not only cater to the family, and make your stay rewarding, but go way beyond the expectations of any family looking to enjoy Disney!! Keep up the good work... we will see you in November!!!!!!

OK stay

by TripAdvisor Member DRJCOOL

I had been monitoring this forum for 6 months prior to my family's visit to disney on October 14, for 3 nights. I can say the following:
-breakfast good
-facilities good
-complimentary beverages very good
-our accomodation: ( rm 266 pool view, nonsmoking), below average.
why? A very musty smelling couch( which my children refused to sit on) and somewhat dated ammenities. I contacted "Jason", at the front desk and complained about the couch. Unfortunately, there was no follow up contact from the hotel. OK for the internet direct price paid, but this hotel was not up to other Embassy Suites. Pass next time

Clean until a roach appeared......

by TripAdvisor Member Hopkins4

Our family just returned from the Embassy Suites-LBV yesterday. We stayed for a week and everything was great up until Wednesday night.

To start, check-in was a breeze and everyone was so nice. We travelled with another family and we were able to get two rooms side by side with a pool view as requested. Our room was very clean, modern, and spacious. The cooked to order breakfast everyday was a great deal. There was no problem taking extra fruit, coffee, or hot cocoa packets back to our rooms. Every night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. there was a happy hour with free popcorn and a salty mix of nuts, bagel chips, etc. and free drinks. There was a drink of the day but you could order whatever was behind the bar.

Housekeeping was wonderful and the kids really liked the way that our housekeeper "arranged" all of their stuffed animal in a different way everyday. The pool area was large and very clean. The kids loved swimming in the evening and topping that off with a trip to the hot tub.

Wednesday night, after a long day, the kids were in bed and my husband and I were watching tv with the lights out. Around 12:30 a.m. he got up to get ready for bed and turned the light on in the kitchen area. I saw a huge bug and asked him if it was a roach. He went after it and indeed, it was roach. After trying to hit it with his shoe, it scurried off somewhere never to be found. I wanted to move that night but my husband talked me into waiting until morning. He didn't want to have to deal with waking up the kids (6 & 9) and moving all of our stuff. We picked up everything from the floor and set it up high, took of the comforters on the beds and tried to get some sleep. Early the next morning, my husband went to the front desk. They were very sorry and moved us immediately. Luckily, the hotel wasn't booked so they gave us a key right away and took one night's hotel fee off of our bill.

When we got to our new room, one floor higher, the room was not up to par with the original room (although there were no bugs)! We lost our pool view and looked out over the dumpster and parking lot. The room itself wasn't very clean and the windows were filthy. There was so much dust around the air conditioning vent it was black. I called the front desk and complained. I realize they had just moved us very quickly, and said they could move us again later in the day, but we had already packed up from the original room, unpacked into the new room, and were wasting our vacation doing so. I didn't want to move again so I asked for a reduced rate on the room for the next two nights which they gave us. Not what I asked for, but a reduced rate all the same.

I don't care where you are in this world, if you have a bug problem, you can fix it. I lived in Florida for a while and know you can control these gross roaches. I've been to Florida and the Caribbean several times and have never had a problem with roaches other than one time in Barbados.

The problem I had, was.........when we came back from our day that very same day, our original room was already being occupied without the hotel staff doing a thing about the roach that was in there. I find that pitiful. They were out for the almighty buck and just re-rented the room without doing anything.

If it hadn't been for the bug situation, I would have rated this property excellent. I do have to say that the staff was very friendly, nice, and accomodating. Donna, one of the concierges, was particularly helpful. She booked us reservations at Arabian Knights and gave us two for one. She was very pleasant to deal with and excited for us.

On our last evening, we received a message from the front desk advising us of an offer. They were willing to give us a room rate of $33/night for 3 nights/4 days if we come back within 1 year to 18 months. We didn't take advantage of it as I just can't say that I would come back to a hotel that has roaches........I don't care how good the deal is.

EXCELLENT FAMILY HOTEL !!!

by TripAdvisor Member captainjohn1

Greetings, we just returned from a 3 week family trip that included a week stay at this hotel in Lake buena Vista. The hotel was clean and well run, beds were comfortable and the staff was very helpful and always smiling (not an easy task with little munchkins running around everywhere). The pool was very clean and the hot tub helpful after a long day at the Parks and complimentary drinks in the evenings lol. The food was great and make sure and say hello to the retired Navy cook in the morning as he is a show in himself. I would definetely stay here again as it is very well run. Thank you, God Bless and Happy Holidays !

Good Not Great

As I a first-timer to orlando I searched for a descent value hotel and this one kept coming up as one of the best suites. To be fair the seperate bedroom and living very is nice and the furniture is very modern The bathroom however is small and with the door open you can't get out of the bath!! I hate the plastic sink although you do get one in your bedroom with a mirror so if you don't like sharing or there are a few of you it's nice. The Kitchenette is meager and is only good for warming your carry out and you don't get cutlery. Worst of all the so called cooked to order breakfast is really eggs to order because the rest of the stuff is already cooked or should I say overcooked/dry. However you do get a wide variety of breakfast things. House-keeping is good and staff are very helpful and friendly although don't every have room service meals they cost a bomb and taste like awful. In short nice hotel and nice room but if want grabs you is the cooked to order stuff don't get excited it is not all that!!

Hotel advice

by jojes

We're still looking into where to stay when spending 13 nights in Orlando next fall.
Has anyone ever stayed at "Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa" ?

Thanks for the info !

Jessika

by SONG

The Lake Buena Vista is a popular area for visitors to Orlando. I live in Orlando, so I have not stayed at any of the hotels. However, I believe that any of them would be a good choice, based upon your price range preference.
Here are a few to select from:
If you have small children, most of them love SeaWorld as well as DisneyWorld.
Best web site I found for your hotel...
Others:

by Dymphna1

I believe that is where my brother stayed w/ his family and had a good time.

by page1600

Yes, we have stayed at the resort and it is by far the best value for your money and the Outlet mall shopping next door is wonderful.

by jojes

Thanks all for the very helpful advice.
Already thought it would be an interesting place to stay, but it's always nice to get the confirmation here ...

Comments