191 East Pine Street, Orlando, Florida, 32801, United States

EmbassySuites.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 80% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great location for an overnight!

I stayed here for one night after the Orlando VT Meet in October 2009 prior to heading for the Amtrak to Miami.

The hotel is very nicely located, although it is in more of a business district that a tourist area, however, it is also nicely located for transferring to the Amtrak station. I only stayed one night but had a very satisfying stay.

Check-in time is 16:00 and check-out is noon.

Unique Quality: Rooms are very well proportioned given that you are staying in an all-suite hotel. Enter your room from the atrium balcony access and you step immediately into a small sitting room with comfortable settee, arm chair and desk which can double-up as a dining area. The usual flat-screen TV is available for watching numerous channels but also located in this area of the suite is a small 'kitchenette' with mini bar fridge, microwave and sink - ideal if you need to get down to some business or work and dont' have time to head out for a meal.

Separately, there is a bathroom with over-bath shower and usual toiletries provided; walk past this and you reach the bedroom which is nicely proportioned with a wonderful, king-size bed.

Continental breakfast is included in the room rate. Below, I have indicated the rack rate but would recommend doing your research and using Hotwire where it is possible to get some excellent discounts on hotel rooms throughout the USA - just exercise your caution and do your research as this website does not tell you the hotel you are booked in to until you have made a committed booking which is NOT cancellable.

More about Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown

Great Hotel - Maybe the Best

by TripAdvisor Member Beach710

We stayed in the Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown Hotel for one night. This is definitely one of the best, if not the best, hotel I have ever stayed in. It is clean and roomy. The suites are true suites with a door to separate the sitting area from the bedroom area. The room is well equipped - refrigerator, microwave, in-room coffee. Nice bath products. The staff is friendly. The only negative is there is no safe. I did not use the pool. The location is good for downtown, close to Lake Eola. It probably is not a good location for visiting the attractions. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to be close to downtown Orlando.

Very disappointed

I always check out people's reviews before booking a room in a hotel where I've never stayed and did that with this one. I've never had to post anything negative about any hotel that I've stayed at but I honestly feel the need to this time around. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando this past weekend and to be honest I was very disappointed. I've stayed at several Embassy Suites in the past and have to honestly say this was a totally different experience. When we checked into the hotel, the hotel is nice. The room was nice (but not as big as other Embassy Suites that I've stayed at before). Right away we noticed a problem, the toilet was not working and started to overflow. It took a long time for someone to come upstairs and fix the problem. The shower was pretty small as well. The Mngrs. Reception was a complete nightmare, the bartender was horrible! He had the biggest attitude and was rude to several people around us. At night we could not sleep because it was so noisy. There were a bunch of drunk people in the atrium making noise all night and then the noise coming from outside the hotel was ridiculous as well. All we could hear is noise all night. Between the music, people being loud, to police/ambulance sirens- it was impossible to sleep. The buffet breakfast was not very good. I ordered an omelet and it was not cooked inside and most of the food we got was cold- it seemed like it had been sitting there for a long time. The only way to park is with valet, or you could park in the public parking garage about a block away. We chose valet because of the convenience, that was another nightmare. They only had one guy out there and we all had to wait a long time for our cars. There were a few times where the guy was nowhere to be found and when we asked the security guard laughed and said the valet guy was in the back sleeping. If you plan on going to the theme parks, make sure you eat before you get to the hotel area because there isn't much to chose from. There are a few places that were opened late but it was full of club goers and really not places to eat with families. Don't plan on going through a drive thru because that doesn't exist. :) Then to top everything off, we got charged 3 times for the valet parking in one day so we had to dispute those charges. I honestly never complain but I am so unhappy with this experience that I had to share it.

Nice hotel - loud street noise

by TripAdvisor Member kferg99

I would say the accommodations at this hotel were excellent - the room was nice and clean, the pool was nice, the staff was helpful...overall, we had a good stay. We had a balcony room facing Lake Eola - very pleasant. However, on a Thursday night, we were kept awake most of the night (til 3 am) by very loud street noise. Granted, the hotel cannot control this to a point, but I mention it so you can try to request a room that is not located on a main intersection. We heard street racing, shouting, honking, sirens, etc. all night. The following night it was much better (strange), but I could still hear my neighbor through the wall. Thin walls could be an issue. For what it's worth.

Nice Room / Too Much Noise

by TripAdvisor Member towhit

The hotel room was great. The staff was very attentive. Breakfast was wonderful. The big problem for me was the noise. I had a corner room that was at an intersection and the traffic noise was very loud. On my last night there the atrium noise was a problem. If it were not for the noise it would have been a fabulous stay.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ebors

Lovely big clean room with free wireless internet. Loved the Happy Hour – complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Great breakfast included too.
The staff were polite and friendly. Good location, however it was a Sunday and pretty quiet, and we would prefer a bit more life (probably busier on Fridays and Saturdays)

Big Rooms, Free Drinks, Nice People

by TripAdvisor Member KristaInLondon

My mother booked this hotel for us as well as my aunt and uncle and I was a little dubious. I'm not normally an Embassy Suites kinda gal. When they picked me up at the airport, they couldn't stop raving about the hotel and I can see why.

Firstly, the manager's reception is a nice touch. Free drinks from 5:30 to 7:30. Someone mentioned hot appetizers but I only saw chips and salsa and veggies and dip. That was fine though!

The rooms are big, and it was nice that they were divided in two because I woke up really early with jetlag and could hang out in the "living room," make coffee, watch TV, and enjoy the FREE wireless. Love free Internet.

Beds are good, but not (as someone else mentioned) Heavenly Beds. They were a little too soft for my liking, but still good.

We actually ended up eating in the restaurant downstairs and it was perfectly acceptable. (Again, I'm not the "let's have dinner at Embassy Suites" kinda gal.) I had the chicken and shrimp pasta and it was really satisfying and yummy. And I was able to get a doggy bag and put it in the fridge in the room. (Room has fridge and microwave.)

I understand that there's both valet parking and the option to use a parking garage a block or so away.

Will never stay there again!

by TripAdvisor Member Mileage_Runner

$35 from the Airport, check in was friendly, until I went to my room, saw the non-smoking sign outside, so before entering the room I went back down to the front desk.

Was told my Hilton preferences are a request, not confirmed, and told they have 5 smoking rooms only rather nasty.

My Hilton Preferences are High Floor, Away from Elevators and Smoking.

The room I received was first floor (L2 - Room 201) directly outside the Elevators and non-smoking.

I booked and paid in advance $700USD for this room 2 months in advance, there was no reason my preferences should not be honored.

Hotel has nothing close by, Downtown Orlando is dead, many places have either gone out of business or For Lease signs all over the place. There is a Starbucks and Subway within walking distance, but the Subway guy turned out all the lights and yelled out, I quit, after he was stuck with St Patrick's day by himself, lucky I got my sub before he cracked.

There is nothing to see or do around Downtown Orlando, to see the KSC (NASA tour) with Gator-Tours, I had to catch a $20 cab to a hotel on the pickup route.

Room was clean, bed was not to the Hilton standard, pillows rather lumpy, and on the 2nd day of cleaning the housekeeping opened the shutters to the internal floor, allowing people who walked to the lift to see my Laptop in view on the desk!

Free Cable Internet via Ethernet, BYO cable, or maybe front desk has one, I always carry my own.

Breakfast staff rather pushy to clean up, if you have finished your main breakfast they will try to take your tray before you have finished the rest of the items on your tray. Cook at breakfast is great, he will cook up anything you ask him (Fried eggs, mushrooms, bacon etc etc) or you have the choice of the mass cooked items.

Rather Noisy hotel, between the bar inside the middle, people waiting for a lift, and the number of pubs/nightclubs in the area. I was woken many a time by noise.

The Lynx (Local Bus Service) number 40 from the main bus station (20 min walk) will take you to Universal Studios, takes 1 hour, get a day pass for $3.50.

Staff will push for you to take a Town Car service back to airport, rather expensive, I just had a smoke and waited for a cab drop off and jumped in.

perfect stay,lovely room

by TripAdvisor Member d0j0

If you get a chance to stay in one of the balcony suites jump on it.
The rooms were new, clean and comfortable. We spent seveal hours on our balcony overlooking the lake. It was beautiful and the staff we interacted with were super nice and helpful. I have stayed downtown several times and I would put this as my first choice from now on. The balcony suites were about $20 more per night then the standard rooms.

Impressive view into the hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Ricardodesantaalbana

We stayed here since it was in a good location (Lake Eola) and we received a special wedding rate although still found $165 per night was pricey compared to some of our other Florida destinations.

The hotel staff were professional and helpful, in particular toward our 18 month old son (thanks Howard, "Mr James" is doing fine!) although the valet parking was sometimes a little haphazzard given the high price ($25/day).

The view outside wasn't very interesting but the inside of the hotel is impressive with 5 floors overlooking a spatious interior (it must cost loads to cool) at the bottom of which is a bar and restaurant. Although the restaurant staff were very helpful the food wasn't always great (depending on whether the chef was there or not?) and sometimes took forever. My Lobster bisque was cold but this was replaced and I wasn't charged.

The managers reception every night was excellent with a free drink and nibbles. Lake Eola was very pleasent and our 18-month old son enjoyed his trip around it.

Traffic was a problem on the way in but the location iteslf seemed pretty quiet although close to a lively selection of bars and restaurants.

We had an enjoyable 3 night stay and used a baby sitting service (Kids night out) which was recommended by the hotel for the night of the wedding which worked out fine.

Orlando Night Life

by flip3

Dont know if any of you can help me but me and one of my mates are planning a week trip to Orlando with the intention of partying at night and hitting the theme parks during the day.

I have heard that Downtown Orlando has the best bars/clubs for a night out and that this is "where the party is at". Have any of you been to these bars/clubs and if so would you recomend staying in Downtown Orlando and just trravelling to Int. Drive during the day on bus - or are the bars in Int. Drive good enough to keep you partying for a week?

Where not after hard core dance bars but just a bar with modern music & a gd nt!

Thanks,

flip3

by Laydee

http://www.i-drive.org/directory/nightlife.asp. I think you will find this website useful, there seems to be a lot of places to keep you going on nights out on I-Drive.

by shohman

There are plenty of bars both Downtown and on I Drive. The difference is I drive is all tourists, downtown you are going to meet more locals. Living in Orlando, I try to avoid I drive at all costs. Check out my home page for some of the suggestions downtown.

Re: Re: Orlando Night Life

by flip3

Thanks both for your help, I have had a scan around and im still strugglin to decide whats best. Basically we want to go somewhere were there'll be less couples and families & more 20 - 30's > preferably female ;-p

Also could you tell me if the taxis are cheap of if there is a late bus provided (around i-drive. Or via i drive to downtown). I.e. basically were tryin to work out if best to stay on international drive or in downtown orlando.

Nice1.

Re: Re: Orlando Night Life

by sunlovey

stay in downtown orlando. definitely. the nightlife there is good- and yes, less touristy/cheesy. i'm sure your hotel can hook you up with tips regarding taxis, shuttles etc. to the parks.

by orlandohelper

Yes, if you are looking for nightlife I definetly recommend you stay in Downtown Orlando and just catch a city bus or taxi cab to I-Drive. Downtown has lots of night clubs, restaurants, bars and lounges. If you plan to stay in Downtown I recommend the Westin Grand Bohemian Hotel, the Radisson Downtown Orlando, or the Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando.

Comments