Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Center Pointe

8750 Universal Boulevard, (Formerly Sierra Suites Hotel), Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Convention Center - Int'l Drive Area
Expedia.com Ext. Stay America Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Center Pointe

Good deal!

We stayed at Sierra Suites for 4 nights in the beginning of October 2004. We had a perfectly pleasant stay from beginning to end! The staff was service minded and curteous, room was clean (I am VERY picky about cleanliness) and spacious, and the pool area was very nice. The continental breakfast offered exactly what you could expect: cold cereal, toast, muffins etc. Nothing special but perfectly fine.
The hotels location is great! It is close to many good restaurants and a movie theater, and is also easily accessible.
I will definitely stay here again next time I come to Orlando!

Satisfied!

Just came back from a conference in Orlando...We booked far in advance and paid only $65/night + tax. Our room had 2 queen size beds and a sofa bed. It was spacious and clean. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was cereal, bagels, muffins, and apples--very standard, but a nice extra. If you plan to use the kitchen, bring your own diswashing detergent. The stuff they give you doesn't work too well.

Yes, yes, yes - go ahead.

by TripAdvisor Member brendandoyle

We stayed at this hotel over Xmas and new year 2004 and 05. It is small (no bar or food service) however, it is excellent. Low rise, great staff, well managed and close to all amenities. We would go back tomorrow. This part of I-Drive is the best in our opinion. Lots of eating houses to suit all pockets and plenty to do. Add to this, less traffic than I-Drive itself. Go ahead - you won't be disappointed!

Great location

stayed at the sierra suites over the new year period, very satisfied with the hotel, clean and well maintained, everything is in good order. The biggest plus point for me was the location, the hotel is located just off international drive, it is a 2 minute walk to the I-ride trolley stop and restaurants and shops are all within walking distance, we even walked to pointe orlando which is not far from this hotel. Great place to stay and even better if your not hiring a car!

Very pleasant hotel in a fabulous location!

by TripAdvisor Member marcyg68

My family and I spent a few nights in this lovely hotel during our recent trip to Orlando (Dec. 2004). We used it as a bouncing point for theme parks visits to Universal and Seaworld then stayed at the Disney All Star Resort for the Disneyworld portion of our trip. After staying at this hotel then heading to the All Star, we wished we were back at the Sierra Suites instead!

The main highlights for Sierra Suites are: 1) staff are friendly and hospitable; 2) the rooms are large, clean, well-decorated and new-looking (we had a standard suite with 2 queen beds plus kitchenette); 3) they offer a free shuttle to Seaworld and Universal (you catch it by taking a 5-min walk to the Hawthorne Suites next door); 4) the price is right (we had an even better deal - stay a min of 2 nights and pay $99 a night plus get 2 free adult tickets to Seaworld!!); 5) free continental breakfast (w/ cereals, breads, juice, coffee, milk, fruits); 6) and last but not least, the fabulous location right in the thick of things on Universal Blvd and International Drive (walking distance to CityWalk and tons of restaurants/shops, short drive to Wet N Wild, Universal, Seaworld and the convention center). The hotel offers free parking, there is a nice pool and the kitchen area in our room was spacious (with a big fridge! - not your typical tiny hotel fridge). Our room was quiet and there was little to no outdoor noises so we all had a good nights sleep after a busy day sightseeing and hitting the theme parks.

In short, my family and I enjoyed our stay at the Sierra Suites. The price, location and comfort were unparraleled compared to other hotels in this price range. You also get so much more for your money over a comparable hotel in the Disney Resort area.

Great Location, Great Price, Spacious Rooms - What more could you ask for?

by TripAdvisor Member travaholic

My family and I recently spent 6 lovely nights at this hotel (April 2005). We had made arangments to stay at another hotel in the same area, but after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor decided to change our stay to this hotel. I made the reservations directly thru the hotel online and paid approx. $70 per nite/plus tax. The location is wonderful - 1 block off International Drive - quiet setting. Being so close to International Drive you have numerous restaurant selections, close to shopping, Belz outlet, movies, entertainment, trolley transportation and convenient stores. Not to mention being only minutes away from either SeaWorld and Universal Studios. The drive to Disney Parks was appx. 15-20 minutes. The room we stayed in had 2 double beds, 1 pull out sofa bed (full), 1 TV/VCR, kitchenette with sink, full size refrigerator, stove top w/2 burners, small dishwasher, glasses, plates, bowls, silverware, pots & pans. There are 2 closets, (1) 3-drawer dresser and (1) 2-door night stand. The one closet has a safe, you will need to ask the frontdesk for the key - there is a $50 deposit for the key & a $1 a day use fee, you will get back the deposit once you check-out and return the key to the frontdesk. The rooms are tidied-up every day, beds made - we did have a problem with our towels not be restocked one day & another day that the toilet paper was not restocked - a call to the frontdesk took care of both of these situations. The free continental breakfast was well stocked every morning - bagels, cream cheese, apples, cereals, muffins, danishes, orange juice, apple juice, milk, coffee & tea. The heated pool & hot tub were always clean, with pool towels available and plenty of poolside lounge chairs. Overall this was a very clean, well maintained hotel, which I would not hesitate to stay at again.

Great Location, Plain Stay

by TripAdvisor Member mastertraveler73

My husband and I had to stay here until our condo was ready for move-in. We chose this hotel based on the postings. We had a good idea of what to expect and were not overly dissapointed in our stay. Late check-in was fast and friendly and off we went to our room. We had the room for two solid weeks, and they gave us a view of a wall with a small sliver of daylight. We drew the curtains and would not let this dampen our stay.

Breakfast was simple and repetitive. Stale bagels, muffins, coffee, bananas, milk and hot tea. By day 4 we decided to make use of the tiny studio kitchen and have our own breakfast. There were two grills poolside, however only one worked.

The pool and hottub were very nice and we made good use of them. The only challenge in that area was far too many unsupervised children. (Parents... a hottub is not a "kiddie pool". Stop putting your diapered children in them to swim around, face down!)

The room was adequate for the two of us, with ample closet space, comfortable bed and a nice sitting area. The area this hotel needs to work on the most is housekeeping. They have "light touch" service daily which was to entail the trash being taken out, beds made, towels and coffee replenished. On the 3rd consecutive day, your linens are to be changed and room cleaned. We did not find this to be the case.

Nightly we went to the front desk for trash bags, coffee, and towels. Our "light touch" included taking these items, but not replacing them!

Overall, the place was comfortable and relatively quiet. Great location with dozens of restaurants within walking distance. Our advice, bring your own coffee and trash bags and don't sweat the small stuff.

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member onholiday2000

We have just returned from Orlando and had our final stay in the Extended Stay Suites on Universal Boulevard. The hotel was well located close enough to International drive and theme parks to be convenient, but far enough away to be a relief from the hustle and bustle. There is also an I trolley stop in front of the next hotel. The rooms were well equipped and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. We only had one night there but would recommend it.

by TripAdvisor Member baileypie79

I just came home from a 4 night/5 day stay at this hotel. I give it a 3/5 for a few reasons. 1. It lost a star for breakfast...The breakfast at this hotel is very lacking-bagels, cereal, muffins, drinks-that is it. Also, the selection of food that was offered was not that eye catching---I ate it bascially because I like to save $ on breakfast on vacation. 2. On 3/4 nights I did not leave Disney until 10pm--which is a problem since the pool at the hotel closes at 10pm. I think it would be better if they stayed up until 12am. 3. The hotel had a werid smell in the hallway however not in the room itself. 4. The real housekeeping is done only every 3 days....Otherwise the other days it is just basic housekeeping---making the bed & putting out new towels. Also, they only provide soap no shampoo. 5. The rooms themselves where of decent size--a kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, sink, stovetop, dishes, silverware, and pots and pans---a sofa, tv, bed, desk, and bathroom. 6. The bed was decent to sleep on at night. 7. The hotel has free shuttle service to Disney which is nice but it only runs from 7:15, 9:15, 11:15 in the am and 6, 8, 10 at night and it only drops you off at Epcot...ig to get to other parks you have to use Disney transportation which is also free. Overall, it was an OK experience however I probably wouldn't stay again at this place for the money that I paid. However, this place does come in handy if you are someone that needs to stay at hotel for a few weeks since it comes with a fully equiped kitchen.

Would Definitely Return

by TripAdvisor Member shellito1012

I just returned from a trip to Orlando and I was very pleased with this hotel. I only rated it a four because you could smell smoke in the hallways and the a/c was a bit noisy. However, this wouldn't prevent me from returning. I feel like I got a lot of value for the money!

DOWNTOWN ORLANDO ON LAKE EOLADOWNTOWN ORLANDO ON LAKE EOLA

Heading over to Frontierland!Heading over to Frontierland!

le coq au vinle coq au vin

copper rocket pubcopper rocket pub

Buses / taxis / coaches / trains !!!

by darrensunley

Hi,

I'm due to be coming to Orlando in a couple of weeks and then heading on to Miami afterwards. I've got a couple of questions that I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with please !!

1) - I am looking to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites (on Canada Avenue) and was wondering if someone could tell me the best way to get there from the airport. Would it be a taxi ?? And if so, do you have any idea of the approximate cost ?? Or is there some sort of hotel shuttle bus option ??

2) - When I head down to Miami after a week in Orlando, the obvious option is to just hire a car. However, I'm just wondering if there are any other options such as train or bus ?? I don't suppose someone can say whether these options exist ?? And are they any good ?? And how close to the hotel that I mention are the relevant stations or pick-up points ??

Any help is great and thanks again in advance...

Darren

by OiKnow

Google Orlando International Airport and look under ground transportation on the web site and you will find listing for shuttle services that operate from the airport. In May I am staying near Universal Studios and the shuttle van service is about $18 each way. Mears has been operating hotel shuttle van service for decades. The Hotel hotel I am staying at estinates taxi service at $35 each way. Contact your Hotel about for recomendations on ground transporation.

Amrak runs train service from Orlando to Miami http://www.amtrak.com/ There is probably only a couple of trains a day in each direction. It will be slower then driving, but would save you a long (boring) drive on the wrong side of the road.The trains are old but generally in good repair. I would double check the cost of flying vs. the cost of the train. I live in Washington DC, from here to New York sometimes it is cheaper to fly, somtimes it is cheaper to take the train.

Enjoy!

David

by wandamesser

I live in Orlando so I will give you some info.
Fairfield Inn does not have shuttle service from airport to hotel so you can use Mears, When you arrive at the airport in Orlando, you will go the level below the baggage level which is the transportation level, there will be a Mears counter, go to that, pay for your transportation and they will tell you where to stand to catch the shuttle. The cost is $18.00 per person. If there is more than one personal traveling, might be just as cost effective to take a taxi.
Bus system in Orlando is not the greatest and not the most convenient so would spend a lot your time trying to get from airport to hotel.
When going to Miami = depends again on how many are traveling and what you are planning to do. it is about a 5 hour drive from Orlando to Miami,
bus would be possible, but would have check on what bus lines are available.
Renting a car = Budget Car Rental rents mid size car for about $38.00 a day,
go to their website and check it out. there are also other car rental agencies.
Gasoline for cars are costing around $2.09 a gallon, so that would have to be factored in also.
good luck,
if you need more info just post, and i will try to help you.
I know how frustrating it is trying to go some place you have never been before and making connections with things you the areas you want and need to go.
Wanda

by darrensunley

Thanks everyone !!

by SmokeyMountain

You can get a shuttle from www.mearstransportation.com for about $16 or there is a fare calculator on their website for taxis.
I believe that www.gatortours.com run a bus to Miami.

Comments