More about Fairfield Inn By Marriott Lake Buena Vista In The Marriott Village
Nice stay at FairField Inn LBV July 9-13, 2004
I made online reservations several days prior to arrival. I called 2hrs PRIOR to arrival to confirm (b/c others have had online reservation problems) and was assured that all was okay! Unfortunately, my reservation WAS NOT in their system. Thank goodness I had copies of the online reservation and confirmation number. The front desk manager was visibly upset about the situation but handled it graciously, SO BEWARE OF ONLINE RESERVATIONS!!! The room was small, but as others have said, CLEAN. And, as others have said, the carpet needed to be VACUUMED!!!! Our room had a small fridge (VERY USEFUL when freezing water bottles and grapes for our trips to the amusement parks), iron and board, no coffee maker, no microwave. The bathroom sink was outside the toilet/tub area saving the 3 of us LOADS of time. NO MOLD in bathroom as I have seen in other hotels, and this bathroom had an air VENT, which is very important when it comes time for the bowel movements! The beds are LOW to the floor, but comfy. Our floor had a laundromat (2 washers, 2 dryers) and an ice machine that dispensed the EXACT amount for the ice bucket. The hotel community is gated w/security personnel checking cars @ night to make sure all were properly tagged. Starbucks (not full service), Pizza Hut, and Krispie Kreme doughnuts on the property, and a typical continental breakfast is offered. I'm told there was an arcade and swimming pool, but we never took advantage of either b/c we were too busy w/the amusement parks. This is a great location for an "off property" hotel. MANY restaurants on the same street, Publix grocery store (closes @ 12am), a 24hr grocery store in the other direction, many fast food joints, and an outlet mall. This hotel is about 1 exit from Magic Kingdom & about 6 exits from Universal Studios. It is right off of I-4 and traffic and noise were NEVER a problem. I would definitely stay here again, but may upgrade to one of the other hotels on the property. For $65 a night, it can't be beat!
Good clean functional hotel, good place to stay
Just returned from 2 weeks in Orlando staying at the Fairfield Inn with my wife and 3 daughters (July 2004).
We were originally booked into the Enclave Suites but cancelled based on the number of poor reviews and rebooked this one based on the good reviews. Did it live up to our expectations? Yes I would say so.
1. Rooms are clean and in good order with excellent housekeeping.
2. The breakfast is excellent as reported in previous reviews.
3. The pool is clean and is open early till late (11:00 pm) each day, great after a hot day in the parks.
4. Hotel is away from the busy end of International drive so pretty quite (car required).
5. A few good restaurants within walking distance.
6. Good location for access to Disney and Sea World parks.
7. Hotel staff responsive to problems, we had a leak in our bathroom in the 2nd week and the staff gave us a new room with a pool view without any prompting.
8. Can use pool facilities in other Marriott hotels in same location.
9. Close to designer shopping outlets (2 mins).
10. Good fast food facilities within hotel complex, open till late.
Could be better
1. Initial booking was wrong they had us down for 1 room when we booked 2, but sorted after we produced paper evidence of booking.
2. Could do with safes in rooms, safe deposit boxes available at reception but all fully booked while we were there.
3. No ATM machine but it's planned apparently.
Can't really complain it provided a good inexpensive base in Orlando and would be happy to stay there again.
Great Deal (Depending on your Rate)
As far as Fairfield Inn's go, it is probably the nicest that I have stayed at. The pool and breakfast are great. Everthing else is as you would expect at a Fairfield. Overall, the property is in very good condition. I would definately stay here again, but it would depend heavily upon what the room rates are that particular night. If the rate is $56 - absolutely! If the rate is $109 - I'd probably look elsewhere. Finally, beware of the pizza vendors that slip coupons under your door. I can't remember their name, but worst pizza ever! You're better off just paying the extra $5 and going to the Pizza Hut on the property.
Excelent Hotel, Great Price!!!
Great Deal. Clean and Confortable rooms. Good location (close to Premium Outlet Mall, Crossroads, Publix, and Downtown Disney). Guests can use any of the 3 pools of the village. Excelent Price!!!
Great value clean hotel
Just returned from 2 weeks at the Fairfield Inn. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Good points:
1. Clean rooms
2. Excellent staff - very friendly and helpful. Charlie on the front desk was so helpful when we had problems with the Virgin rep, I cannot praise him highly enough.
3. Great pool which the kids in particular loved.
4. Great location near Disney (2 minutes drive), good local restaurants (TGI's, Bahama Breeze, UNO pizza to mention a few) and 2 minutes to Premiun Outlet mall. Seaworld 5 minutes drive and International Drive (the busy attraction area) 10 minutes.
5. Very good continental breakfast included in price.
6. Handy take aways (pizza, burgers, etc) within hotel complex.
Less good points:
1. No safety deposit box in rooms although we did use one at reception and that was fine.
2. Quite cramped rooms with 4 in for 2 weeks. Very little storage space in the room.
In summary a great hotel for the price and if you just want a base and won't spend much time in the hotel you really can't go wrong. We would definitely stay there again.
We have just returned from 2 weeks in Florida, having spent 8 nights at this excellent hotel. The rooms were more than big enough for a family of 2 adults and two children under 8 years of age. When you are doing the Theme parks a clean, comfortable and quiet room with a nice pool to relax by is what you need and the Fairfield provided all of that. The continental breakfast was excellent and set us all up for the day. It was very useful to have a public laundry in the hotel, being away for 2 weeks with the children and the machines were not over priced. There are nearby restaurants to walk to, a shopping outlet and supermarket less than 2 minutes drive away. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is a very convenient base for the Disney Theme parks and Sea World, we did not do any others but it's proximity to the I-4 makes it convenient for where ever I would say. It would be more convenient to have a safety deposit box in the room, however there was one available to us at reception so I was happy. If they had all been booked out as a previous reviewer mentioned, this would have been upsetting. Other than that, no negatives.
Not up to Marriott standards
I am surprised at these reviews. I stayed at the FFI - Mariott Village from December 3-6, 2004 and this hotel does not stand up to Marriott standards. I used to work for Fairfield Inn and this hotel's housekeeping staff needs some help. My room smelled very musty, a leg on the desk table was broken, the HVAC cover was hanging off the unit, the lighting unit in the reading lamp was broken, the end tables were pulled out from the wall, the clock radio was unplugged, the sink stopper was broken, the bathtub has many leftover hairs, and the soap from the last guest was left behind in the shower. Maybe I just received a "bad" room.. but in any case, as a former FFI Manager I would be embarassed at the state of the room.
On a better note, the public areas of the hotel were well kept, the breakfast area has an excellent, easy to navigate area and the pool appeared very nice as well.
Good room, bad service
Room is clean, location is good for shopping, nice pools.
Very nice for travellers with cars.
If you don't have a car, do not ask the destination service person for taxi/transportation.
We needed to go to Universal Studio and the airport. For both occasions (different service person), both called their affiliated taxi company, both talking in Portugese/Spanish. A shuttle will come with out meter, and at the end of the journey, the driver will spit out a price. 5-10 dollars higher than the average price I searched around. Having an agreed price with the service person (we agreed on 40 dollars from the hotel to the airport) didn't help. The driver charged us 48 dollars.
Avoid the dissapointment and call yellow cab (which is actually orange). They're cheap and reliable.
There's also a charge for the wirless connection at a small area infront of the courtyard hotel, which is a stone throw away. (not even at the fairfield inn)