8214 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Rated 12% higher but also costs 28% more than other 3 star hotels

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Great hotel - Great Location - GOOD Value

I would book this hotel for friends and family visiting Orlando. In addition, I used to sell group travel to Orlando and would frequently use this hotel for visiting groups. It's nice, modern, clean, on the quiet side of the International Drive corridor. Good parking and nice staff. VERY good place!

Unique Quality: Coffee makers and mini-fridges plus a nice pool. Walking distance to liquor store, shops and restaurants. Also located near the I-Drive Trolly stops.

Directions: off of the I-4 exit / Sand Lake Road. Also reached by Beeline / Universal Blvd exit.

More about Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Orlando-Orange County Convention Center

Nice room, good location

by TripAdvisor Member geekie

Spent 1 night here after a cruise. Checked in early, found the rooms clean and ready with 2 queen beds, a microwave and fridge. Beds very comfortable with extra pillows. A/C a little loud--but tolerable, pool and hot tub small--but we did spend the morning here with the place to ourselves--good sun for tanning(or burning, whatever the case may be!)

This hotel is nice for those wanting to be close to I-drive and Universal without spending a lot of money. The microwave and fridge were nice extras. Buffet breakfast was adequate--I ordered off the menu and it was okay. I-Hop is about 1 mile away.

I would recommend this place for people on a budget and looking to visit the Orlando attractions that want nice accommodations at a great price.

I will definately return.

Neat, Clean, and Pleasant

Guest desk clerks were very helpful and pleasant. The pool was very clean. Laundry room was in great working order with front-loading wash machines. The overall hotel appearance was excellent. The room was neat and clean. The fridge, microwave, and the coffeemaker all worked. For the Easter week we spent there, it was very quiet at night.

Extremely Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member Colant123

We stay in/around the international drive area 2-3 times a year. We booked this hotel as a last minute (3 days before leaving). I thought it was extremely good value for money, not at all what I was expecting.

The lobby is attractive and our room and bathroom were very clean. They don't have pay-per-view movies, however, they do have HBO which shows movies all day. The internet access in the lobby is free which was brilliant.

We did have breakfast in the restuarant once. As hotel breakfasts go I've had a lot worse in other hotels. However, as you are a 2 minute walk from i-drive (behind the hotel) there is an endless supply of restuarants that serve breakfast. I personally prefer the Golden Coral (behind Walgreens on the corner of I-drive and Sandlake) It's buffett style and has a huge selection and only costs $6.99 including drinks for breakfast. I wouldn't advise going to the buffet restaurants for lunch/dinner as they can be a bit like school dinners. But they are excellent value for money on breakfast.

Our room did have a fridge, which was a generous size for a hotel, and with a 24hr supermarket just behind the hotel, you can stock up on drinks etc.

The hotel also doesn't have a bar, but again being on I-drive, you wouldn't want to pay hotel bar prices anyway.

The pool was compact and more than adequate for a dip and sunbathing, but again (i know i keep saying that) if swimmings what you want you have Wet n Wild a 15 min walk up the road.

The location is perfect base for all that orlando has to offer. It also has good transport links for the I-drive trolley and the buses (Lynx) which I would recommend, they are extremely cheap, $1.50 for a single trip. If you haven't got a car and want to get to florida mall use the bus. The number 42 drops you right outside florida mall (is about a 35min journey though) but getting a taxi will set you back at least $30 dollars round trip. You can get the buses from any of the Lynx stops on I-drive and they run every 15mins or so.

I would definately recommend this hotel for people that want a good base, for the luxury holiday maker i don't think it would be ideal, but if like us you don't intend on staying in the hotel, this is for you.

I also wanted to add, they I am a strong believer in not slating something before you've given the owner a chance. If you have problems speak to the Manager, US customer service is of a far higher standard than the UK.

Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member happyLondoner

Stayed here over the Christmas period and it was lovely. The staff were very friendly and polite especially the receptionists. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Used the laundry room a few times and that was clean too. Would recommend to friends and family definitely. Location was great! Next to International Drive and Universal Studios.

Great Place!!

by TripAdvisor Member lexa612

I became quite scared of the hotels in Orlando after surfing this website, but when I came across this hotel, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. I couldn't have been more pleased with our choice as we were looking for an affordable, clean, hotel near Universal. This hotel did not disappoint.
The rooms were clean and the maid did a great job of cleaning daily. There was a huge refrigerator in the room which helped as the hotel served breakfast for a charge, so we just bought some breakfast items and ate in the room.
The pool area was nice and not too crowded, and well kept. One night when we went out to the hot tub it was cold, but one call to the front desk and a maintenence person was out fixing it five minutes later. On our last day there we were trying to figure out the best way to the airport and the front desk let us use the internet room for as long as we wanted to print out bus schedules and our boarding passes, which was very helpful!!
Finally, this hotel is in a great location because it is not on the horrible hustle and bustle of I-drive but provides easy access to Universal via the I-Drive Trolley or if you have a car. Disneyworld is not that far away either.
And one more note....we booked our hotel two months in advance and got a GREAT deal using the Entertainment book. Rates when we were there were 30% more.
Anyways, don't hesitate to stay here...you won't regret it.

Good amenities

by TripAdvisor Member pmorty

Stayed for a week on business in room 403. The hotel was very clean and appeared to be well-maintained. The room and common area were nicer than I had anticipated. The breakfast buffet was slightly above average (more fruit options would have been nice). Service is severly lacking here so it's not a place I would stay for a vacation.

Excellent hotel- great location

by TripAdvisor Member asi

Just got back from 6 day stay at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites on Universal Drive. The location was perfect as they have a cut thru to International Drive and you don't have to deal with the I-Drive congestion. It's a one block walk to I-Drive at Jamican Court.

The hotel itself was very clean and updated. The pool/hottub are adequate but then who goes to Orlando to spend the day in the pool.
I had a disastrous trip but it would have been much worse if not for the staff at the hotel. Their directions and suggestions turned out to be exact everytime. I had a cell phone shipped to the hotel and the minute I walked in the hotel they informed me it was there. I also had a flat tire and the gentleman at the front desk offered to change it when he got off work. I declined as it was 11pm, but he said they would have one of their guys change it the following morning.
Don't be confused with the other Holiday Inn hotels- this is the yellow one. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay there again next time I'm in that area.

Great Value, Good location

by TripAdvisor Member mendesas

We stayed 6 nights in September and had a great time at the hotel. It is very well located in a quiet avenue but 1 block from always busy International Drive, close to good restaurants, shopping malls and easy to go to parks (about 20-30 minutes) as well airport (about 15 minutes). we only payed $ 80 per night for a comfortable, clean and spacious room. We highly recommend this hotel - it is the best choice at International Drive area.

Hidden Gem

by TripAdvisor Member M1NX

My family were moved to this hotel after one night in the horrific Travel Lodge in Universal Drive. The manager of the hotel was very friendly and sympathetic when we told him our story regarding the Travel Lodge.He allowed us to view the rooms before we agreed to stay there. We loved staying at this hotel.The rooms were a good size, very clean and comfortable.The beds were excellent and there was a full size fridge and a microwave in our room.There was a coffee maker also. This was great because sometimes we just had a quick breakfast in our room before heading to the parks. We didn't do breakfast in the hotel but the menu looked good.We only used the pool on two occasions but we had it to ourselves both times.The hotel is in a convenient area for access to restaurants and shops on International Drive but at the same time is in a quiet area without any noise.The staff were all very pleasant and friendly. I would recommend this hotel and my family and I would definately stay here again.

Comments