Florida Hotel And Conference Center

1500 Sand Lake Road, (former Florida Mall Hotel), Orlando, Florida, 32809, United States
The Florida Hotel and Conference Center
Booking.com Expedia.com BookIt.com

Rated 13% higher but also costs 31% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Florida Hotel And Conference Center

Loved This Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member melann26

Apart from loving Orlando - this hotel made the visit well worth the money. The Lobby is so beautiful and very inviting. The front desk staff and the porters are so helpful and very nice. And our rooms were beautiful! We stayed for 8 nights at the Florida Mall Hotel and didn't want to leave. The room had a flat screen TV which was great and the beds were very comfortable. I would def recommend this hotel to anyone. And the convenience of the mall is great as you walk straight into the mall from the hotel. And we had the disney shuttles free from the hotel.
I would go back to this hotel again - without a doubt.

Comfortable BED

by TripAdvisor Member filaburst

We stayed at the florida mall hotel for 3 nights. The best thing about the newly renovated hotel was it's cleaniness. The beds and pillows, even the sofa bed was very comfortable. I can't comment on the amenities of the hotel as we did not really utilize them. The only negative with this hotel is that it you have to drive all over the huge mall to find the hotel entrance. In short, it was a great place to stay, and there were a lot of resturants in the surrounding area.

Fun hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler2112

What a great idea put a hotel in a mall. We arrived for a two night stay at the Florida Mall Hotel before going on a trip to cancun. The staff were very helpful and the room was excellect. There is a flat screen TV in the room and a fridge. The bed is the best thing about the room. It is SUPER!!!! One if the best beds I have ever slept on in a hotel. The pool is clean and nice, and of course there is the mall. The lobby opens up right into the mall next to a starbucks. The food court is right around the corner so you won't ever go hungry. There are too many stores to list and 5 department stores too. Parking is very safe with mall security 24/7. If you are going to the airport the mall is about 10 mins. away. The things I didn't like about thiks hotel were the in room TV internet connection. Don't use this thing. It freezes up and has no mouse. You have to restart about every 15 minutes, and the in room pay movies. The movies were $12.99 for a new release and when I got my bill there was an extra charge of $1.60 ( which I had them remove because they were double taxing me). Other than these things the hotel is wonderful and I would stay there again. HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!

The good, the bad, and the beautiful.

In town with my 3 granddaughters and 3 daughters for UCF Homecoming ( Go UCF Golden Knights! ), and shopping is a good way for Dad to score points and get them in the School spirit. The Florida Mall was a hit with my very discerning shoppers, and the convenience of our hotel being attached was ideal.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, good shower, tiled bath, plenty of large towels, fridge, safe, hair dryer, clock radio and flat screen TV mounted on wall. Individual and quiet AC. We stayed off peak, so no worries about elevator traffic; I found them quick and not crowded. I happened to stumble across a block group rate of $89 a night. I would have been disappointed had I spent any more. Valet parking was $10, really not necessary, but helped me while herding all them womens around. Check in was pretty quick. The breakfast buffet was $12 and pretty good for hotel fare. Our waiter was attentive and professional, pulling chairs for my little ones, and anticipating seconds on chocolate milk.

That was the good, now for bad.

Other than the beautiful and charming Tiatania (ms?) I found the front desk staff to be void of personality and unable to make eye contact. Captivated by whatever was going on with their computer screen, I felt as though I was being treated as a necessary inconvenience. There is no bell captain, apparently the bell staff were managed by the parking valet. I had to hold the door for the bellman, push the elevator button when he blocked himself in with luggage, and walk behind him to catch my personal items falling off of his luggage cart. My bad for speaking English as a first language, but I simply could not understand the dining hostess. I know we had a challenging group, but housekeeping could not coordinate cleaning our rooms when we were not occupying them even with the most explicit guidance I could provide. If it were just me, sure come in and place new towels etc., but trying to clean a room with 3 ten year olds and 2 twelve year olds in it was an event I did not care to suffer through. The TV acted high tech, but had just a few channels, no hotel info even though a selection existed for that. You could get a web browser on it for $11 a night. They do provide a free ethernet connection to DSL but regrettably I left my NIC at home and only had a wireless card. Bring an ethernet NIC and cable, and you're good to go.
This property is still remodeling. Apparently all the rooms are complete, but things like the valet area, and (more importantly) the lounge were not complete. The pool looked pretty long in the tooth and uninviting, and the spa was boarded up with plywood.
Next Homecoming, I think I'll once again consult TripAdvisor, try a different hotel, and drive to the mall if need be.

Still under renovation/construction

by TripAdvisor Member GatorDocs

If you are a shopper, the hotel location is great...you walk through the lobby and into the mall. I originally went to check in at noon, and the desk clerk said my room was not ready. Granted, I was checking in before the 3pm check-in time. The clerk called housekeeping and told them to clean the room. Thirty minutes later, I go back to the counter. The clerk calls housekeeping, and my room still has not been cleaned. I asked the clerk if there were any other rooms available. I was exhausted at this point. The clerk says, "Oh, we have an available room, but it is on the 5th floor". And yes, it is non-smoking, as I had requested. Now, I ask you...why would I have a problem staying on the 5th floor? Why wasn't this room offered to me from the beginning? On a positive note, the hotel room was clean.

Great hotel

Stayed here at the end of last year - refurbishment taking place but caused no problems.

Excellent hotel - staff friendly and helpfull great shopping and plenty of food outlets value for money would stay again.

Poor Service

by TripAdvisor Member hubner84

After finding out there were feather mattress pads and that someone traveling with us was allergic to feathers we asked them to be removed. They were not removed only sheets which caused her to break out in hives. We then called the front desk after we found out it wasn't removed only to have new sheets brought to our door and the attendant left. They didn't offer to remove the old bedding or remake the bed so we made it ourselfs. We left for Cocoa Beach all day the next day only to find out the feather bed was put back on the bed. Then the toilet overflowed and a girl staying with us slipped on the carpet by the bathroom because it was soaked with water. After falling she was in severe pain and there was no concern shown by the manager who was in the room a a few minutes later but while she was in tears on the floor. After voicing our concern he acted like he didn't care. The front desk isn't very friendly and acted like you were a bother to them. The pool is ok but no food or drinks allowed even bottled water. They only change the sheets on the bed Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays according to the sign that is on the desk and they also have a sign asking to reuse your towels. I will definetly not stay at this hotel and advise you to do the same thing.

Exceeded Our Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member Deadlast01

My wife and I were required to stay at this hotel with our girls' cheerleading squad this March. I was really discouraged once I read the reviews on this site, but because this was the team hotel, we had no choice. We had adjoining rooms with another family. The rooms were large and well kept. We had a very comfortable king bed plus a sofa bed, and our companion family had two queen beds. Each room had a cold, half-height refrigerator for our own food and drinks, and best of all, each room had a 42 inch LCD HD television. Of course, my girls were happy that the hotel is attached to a well equipped mall.

The only complaint we had was that the rooms were smoking rooms and we specifically had requested non-smoking. I couldn't tell, but my wife and the girls did notice. Because of all of our luggage and gear, changing rooms was too much of a hassle. Upon departure, the front desk admitted that they knew they had placed us in a smoking room without advising us.

Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member Jox222

This hotel is built above the Florida Mall in Orlando and therefore shopping is never far away. We found the hotel to be relaxed and comfortable.

The only complaint I had is that there were a load of teenage girls attending a volleyball tournament nearby who were all staying in the hotel and as with all 14 year old girls, they do not know quite how to behave when their parents were not around. They were noisy late at night and also in the morning but there is nothing that the hotel staff could do to influence that and therefore no criticism is aimed at them.

The hotel is modern, the rooms are clean, everything worked and particularly well equipped with a large 42 “ LCD TV and a refrigerator in the room.

The staff are informative, friendly and attentive. The breakfast buffet is OK but there are plenty of restaurants in the locality so I did not have dinner at the hotel. It is easy to find, the car park has plenty of room and I would definitely stay here again.

Great Hotel - Surrounded by Shops

We stayed here for 1 night prior to flying home to Scotland. We had stayed in this hotel a few years ago when it was a Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza. The hotel has been extensively refurbished and our room was very comfortable (though not large) with a huge LCD television. Our room was a double room but unlike other USA hotels we have stayed in it only had the one double bed. Perhaps other rooms are larger.

The pool had been relocated since our previous visit and was a huge improvement. Plenty of sunbeds and towels were available. Most importantly the pool was heated to a very nice temperature.

The Mall adjoins the hotel so there are lovely stores practically on your doorstep. There is a good food court in the Mall (very near the hotel) with a wide variety of foods to choose from.

It is convenient for the airport. There is plenty of car parking for the hotel and we saw security vans driving around all the time keeping an eye on things.

Comments