Floridays Orlando Resort

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Floridays Orlando Resort

Great Days at Floridays

by TripAdvisor Member Carnivalcat

Spent 3 days at Floridays. Beautiful grounds and reception area. The pool area is gorgeous. Lots of construction, but we were not bothered by it at all.
Four of us stayed in Building C on the top floor in a very roomy three bedroom. The kitchen is very well supplied with dishes, utensils, appliances and even bakewear. We had breakfast in every day. The 3 bedroom units have a washer/dryer. It's great to take clean clothes home from a vacation.
Floridays is close to Seaworld, but there are no shuttles. It's a great place for a family to stay in Orlando if you have a car.

Wow!! Super Nice - A MUST STAY!!

by TripAdvisor Member LuvrBug

I can't say enough great things!!! From the awesome service at the front desk to the awesome grounds....then the room...wow! Fabulous! I wouldnt stay anywhere other than Floridays Resort!!! Building B with view of the pool!! Check it out I promise you will love it!!!!

Best Place to Stay in Orlando

by TripAdvisor Member Jiggythat

Stayed here with my family in block C for 2 weeks, close to the pool and lake areas. This is an excellent resort in the heart of the magic, in a prestigous location of international drive with the hilton resort on one side and the shearton on the other. Rooms are to be hold, very well presented and decorated, large beds, plenty of cooking and chill out space, and 38 inch flat screen t.v. wow!!!.

Spoke with other guests at the hotel who have previously used villa's or stayed at disney resorts all agreed that floridays has been the best residency.

The resort in very close to disney and sea world, and unlike most resorts that say there within 10 mintues of these parks, Floridays actually is. Would definately come here again with the family, and am already booking a room there again next year.

Great Resort --- Superb--5 Stars --Vacationers from MA

by TripAdvisor Member MAVacationers

Overall our stay was great! We just returned from a week stay at Floridays Resort. We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit in Building B. Building B is the best location for accessing the largest pool. There is a smaller pool located near the other buildings. While this pool is nice it does not compare to the largest pool. We brought our 2 children (under 2 years old) with us and we had ample room for everyone. The full kitchen is great. Additionally, the washer and dryer in the unit was a hit with me as I was able to do laundry as needed.

The maid service was exceptional. We asked the maids to come back as the babies were taking naps and they had no problem honoring our request.

A few things to imrove on---it would be great if waiter/waitress offered drinks/snacks by taking orders around the pool area. The restaurant, while fully operational, was not open past 6:30 pm in the evening, eventhough there were people at the pool area.

We will definitely stay here again.

Great property!

by TripAdvisor Member OldSchooler

Stayed at Floridays for the Thanksgiving week. The property is new and there is some construction activity going on. Not only completing the Floridays resort but also a big complex next door. This did not impact our family much, really it just got us out of some first class beds a little earlier! We booked a 3 bedroom overlooking the pool in building B. This was a fantastic choice, we couldn't get our kids out of that pool! Only drawback to the room choice was some load/rowdy poolside bar patrons late Saturday night that annoyed us. ( some rivalry football game was in town) The sounds echo, especially at night when things are quiet.

The room was well decorated and appointed. Hilton quality towells and plenty of room for our family of five. The kitchen has good cookware and we cooked some breakfast and dinners to save bucks. There is even a washer and dryer that worked well for us.

Location is good, Two days we bee lined it for the coast, one day at St. Augustine and another at Cocoa beach. These day trips were easy 60-85 mile drives with the rent car and the beaches were clean with dolphins playing within sight when we were in the water!

Remaining days doing the Disney thing at Epcott and Magic Kingdom. Easy drive to the parks and Universal studios. Pay attention because after dark on the way out we we got lost one night and had to take full advantage of the maps provided by Alamo rent a car.

This property is a great bargain now while it is new, these are 350-400K condos you can rent for way under 200 dollars a night. Quality of construction will have these deteriorating after 5-10 years. Our rooms front door deadbolt would not lock and some stuff had pulled away from walls etc. Nothing that bothered us on our stay, but over time will affect customers experience. The service was not up to par with Four star hotels, but this is basically a high end condo complex, not a full sevice resort.

I would not hesitate staying here again, especially with the bargain prices we paid.

Regards, Old Schooler

resort close to everything, brand new and great service

by TripAdvisor Member Icecoldcity

We stayed at this resort after hearing about it from a friend. Couldn't have been happier. Brand New, close to all the attractions and has first class service. The wife and I loved the pool and having a bar right by it. Would recommend this resort to anybody coming to the Orlando area as a conventioneer or park goer.

very nice place!!

by TripAdvisor Member mkbandos

Wonderful place! huge room, great pool, very clean and new.
We stayed four days here and loved it! We have four kids and they really enjoyed the pool, they also liked the game room. This hotel was very big and the room was also really big and nice.
I would recommend staying here!

A Wonderful Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member sleephla

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights while we visited Universal Orlando and the Kennedy Space Center. The rooms themselves are absolutely immaculate. Walking into these, we had no idea that they were full blown condos. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, full utensils, a 37" LCD tv. The location was very good, being right on International Drive. I can only think of one thing that kind of irritated me and one thing that I didn't care about, but was kind of funny. The thing that irritated me was the internet service, or lack thereof in the room. These are brand spankin' new condos, and in order to get wireless internet access, you have to go to the pool. If you want to actually use it at the "business center," be prepared to pay through the roof. It's like .25/min for use a computer in the business center. We brought our laptops and hoping that this would work in the room, and it didn't. The 2nd bedroom also had no remote battery in it... we didn't care about that since we didn't use the room anyway. It's obviously a new building, and the expierience was absolutely marvelous for the time we spent there. We would definitely stay there again, for sure!

Very nice for the most part, minor issues

by TripAdvisor Member hamiltonia

My family visited this resort in November 2006. We stayed in a three bedroom condo for 6 days.

The resort is brand new and sections are still being built. We were not disturbed by any construction noises. Be aware that some of the facilities are not yet built. There was no marketplace store and some pools were unfinished. There was a business center with computers but it had a weird way of charging for usage. Suggestion to management: find a way to charge it to the room as those cards were annoying.

There is a concierge in the Lobby who was very helpful in booking tickets for Cirque du Soleil. She also gave us discount passes for other attractions. Not too pushy at all, considering she probably works on commission. Glad we talked with her.

The pool looked beautiful and clean (we didn't have time to use it). Our condo was delightful. Exactly as described. The kitchen was excellent. My husband loved the big screen TV. However, we found the living room furniture to be slightly uncomfortable to sit on. There is a balcony but it overlooked the parking lot (still a nice place for teens to make phone calls or a parent to get away from the kid noise!) And, unlike other hotels we heard about, no bugs! We had to call maintenance once and they were there immediately.

Maid service was the only real problem. Maids came at weird times (one day they did not get to our room until 5 PM) and most spoke NO english. I had to get a supervisor to translate a couple of times. The quality of the cleaning also varied from day to day. Some did a great job, including folding towel shapes. Others forgot to restock towels or kitchen supplies. Luckily, there was a LARGE supply of pool towels in the room to save the day.

Maids only vacuum every 4th day BUT there was a vacuum in our unit so I could do it, if I wanted. Since the Front Desk told me there was no vacuum, I can't say if every unit has one or not. There was also an ironing board and iron.

Both bathrooms were large. The master bathroom had a nice jacuzzi tub while the second bathroom had LOTS of counterspace for teenager toiletries. The shower had a slight pressure problem but not worth complaining about.

Parking was free. High speed internet was free. The location was great. While on International Drive, it was the quieter, upscale section with low traffic volume. Yet all attractions (Universal, Disney, Sea World, airport, etc.) were only minutes away. There was a Publix supermarket just down the road but it closes earlier than northern supermarkets. The 24 hour Walgreens right next door was a godsend - it had a little mini food market area where we could always find what we needed.

We would definitely stay here again - especially since our 3 bedroom condo was the same price as the moderate price Disney hotel rooms!

Finally, do not use the hotel's directions from the airport - they were totally wrong. Try Google Maps or Mapquest.

PROS: Location; new and nice; free parking; free internet access

CONS: Erratic maid service; still being built

TIPS: Walgreens, also Saucy Bella - a little Italian restaurant near the Florida Mall that was a find. While busy at lunchtime, it was not busy at night. Instead of the 1 hour+ wait on International Drive for restaurants, we were seated immediately. Good Italian food by transplanted New Yorkers - very good pizza!

Floridays

by Shunpike

I was born in Miami in 1966 and lived there until I was six years old. Then, my parents left the tropical climes of sunny Florida for Kentucky. It was a shock for a six year old who had never seen an ice larger than a cube found in the freezer. The whole danged world freezes in Kentucky sometimes, and no spoke Espanol until the Mexicans started coming to Kentucky to harvest tobacco.

My main Florida memory is sitting on the roof with my father and watching night time launches from Cape Canaveral. And, of course, I remember going to the beaches at Naples before all the high-rise condominiums were constructed along the beach. We used to walk from my uncle's house to Lowdermilk Park, and we always had the entire beach to ourselves. He lived on the east side of the Tamiami Trail, and we could walk to the beach without passing anything but sand.

We used to shivver at the sight of Yankees swimming at the beaches at Christmas and in the spring. I still can't swim in cold water.

I've been to Florida dozens of times since the 1960s. I was last there, actually, in 2000. It was the first time I ever perused the northern panhandle (I'm a South Florida boy who thinks the panhandle is actually Alabama). I loved Pensacola and the National Seashore. We were staying in Gulf Shores, Alabama, "The Redneck Riviera," and made a day long trip to P-cola and the surrounding area. It still ain't South Florida, but it's great.

Suggestion: television news people should visit west Florida so that they know its in the frickin' central time zone.

Shunpike