Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

An O-Town masterpiece

I stayed here on a business trip in Summer 2009 and loved it. This Kessler brand hotel is very nice, it certainly reminded me of a trendy LA hotel but with the classic art and great drinks it became regal as the night progressed. It is within walking distance of all the downtown clubs and bars, overall I had a very good time. the room was comfortable as well.

Unique Quality: The staff was overly helpful- especially the young valet.

• doug48's Profile Photo

grand bohemian

the grand bohemian is in my opinion the best business class hotel in the downtown area. i have recommended this hotel to a number of business associates and all were impressed with the facilities and the service. the grand bohemian offers an excellent restaurant, the boheme, and the bosendorfer piano lounge. expensive but worth it.

Directions: downtown orlando, across from city hall

• Koreta's Profile Photo

ONE OF the best in Orlando

The hotel is really beautiful from inside. Rooms are not as big as you might expect. The best of course is the bed, where i got the best sleep in a long time.
    The room didnt have enough light even when you turn all the lamps on.
    There is a swimming pool, but it is not as big as it seems on virtual tour and its only 3'3" deep.
    The bar and restaurant looked nice, too, although i just had a couple of drinks at the bar. I think they host a lot of private parties there because every night (i stayed for four nights) it was pretty crowded.
    The worsed part was mini bar, snacks and bottled water in the room. As i understood they dont have sencors only on two bottles of water that are on the table, so as soon as you remove/take/touch the other items you will be charged. And if you want mini bar to be locked or removed they will charge you for that also (which i found out as i was checking out).
    And they ask you for additional deposit (for me it was $200) which i left in cash. So when i wanted to get back my deposit at check-out i was told that i had used some items from mini bar, some snacks and water bottles (which i did not). It takes a little time to get back your money, but eventually you do.
    I read about this "mini bar" rip-off in reviews before my stay there, thats why i asked front desk receptionist in first two days to remove/lock it, which they didnt because i kept forgetting to take off the DND sign on the door knob. So if they had done that they would have charged me $25 and i wouldnt know it.
    I think leaving deposit in cash is better than having it taken from your credit card, at least that way you are not going to leave without your money.

Unique Quality: The best thing i liked was that elevator works only with a room key, so nobody who doesnt have one can get in the building.
    And another one - its right next to Church st where most of the night life is.

Directions: Downtown Orlando near Church st station

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Grand in EVERY way.

From the Valet Service to the Restaurant... the Restaurant to the Suite... you will experience nothing but superb service from exceptional staff who pay great attention to detail and offer it with warm smiles ensuring their pressense never intrudes at the wrong time.

Unique Quality: The Westin Grand Bohemian is an established landmark in Downtown Orlando and most definitely one of the luxury hotels I will be visiting again.

The sheer beauty of all its appointments is encompassed in true Bohemian style. The rich reds and golds are infused into furnishings supported by flawless mosaic accents. Lush textiles and dark woods enhance the suprising modern elements mixed into the elegance of each room.

Top off your Bohemian stay with a massage in your suite... because its nothing but... luxury, luxury, luxury.

Directions: Downtown Orlando

• cosmogypsy's Profile Photo

Must See Hotel

The hotel is expensive and worth the price. But as far as expensive hotels are concerned they offer the same thing as every other hotel. The difference is the amount of wonderful art decorating the hotel.

There is a bar and a restaurant that is open to everyone. It is worth going to for a nice glass of wine or a cocktail.

Unique Quality: This hotel is beautiful! It is worth visiting just to see the art that is all over the hotel. If you visit the website, you can see some of the pictures that are through out the hotel. The picture below was found in the ladies room on one of the banquet floors.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Westin Grand Bohemian, Downtown Orlando

A great place to stay if you're in Orlando on business. The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Orlando's business district. Its too far from the Disney tourist attractions to consider staying here if that's your main purpose for coming to Orlando. But if its not, this place has a great Sunday brunch, and a nice lounge that plays music on Saturday nights. The rooms are large and comfortable and the service is great.

More about Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando

Very Chic!

I've stayed at the Grand Bohemian twice now and am going back a third time for my one year anniversary. I absolutely love this hotel. My husband and I travel quite frequently and have found very few that compare (even the Ritz Carlton) when it comes to value and service. The beds are truly wonderful! I would also like to add that every time I have visited the Grand Bohemian, I never received a pretentious attitude from the concierge - which I can't say about other high end hotels.

Very good...but great?

by TripAdvisor Member TripAdvizahr

Very nice rooms at the Grand Bohemian are clean, quiet and fairly spacious. Room service was surprisingly tasty even though breakfast was pricey ($22 for one after tip & delivery fee). The hotel location is great for business travelers because there aren't the number of vacationing families in downtown that you find around the attractions. The in-room internet service is fast and there are some good restaurants/bars within walking distance.

The only downside to the Grand Bohemian is its valet parking ($18 a day). Orlando in the summer is really hot and humid. Take this and combine it with the car exhaust in their tiny pull-up area and add the folks who like to hang out there and smoke - you'll be lucky to get into your car without feeling stinky and sweaty.

Fabulous Romantic Weekend

I was intrigued with the Grand Bohemian from exploring their web site, but was a little hesitant after reading some of the reviews posted here. I decided to take a chance and book a special romantic weekend package for my husband and I and I'm sure glad I did. Our entire experience from the moment we stepped foot in the hotel to the moment we left was outstanding. I think the most important thing is that we had exceptional courtesy and service our entire stay, yet it was not stuffy or snobbish. Everyone from the valets, to the front desk clerks, to the waitress, to the bellmen were friendly, prompt, and willing to go out of their way for you. We had a suite on the 12th floor and everything about the room was fantastic. The decor is what I consider ecclectic - fabulous art work in the rooms, on every floor and in the art gallery. We had Sunday brunch in the restaurant and while pricey, it was great food, jazz music and very relaxing atmosphere. It was definitely a fantasy weekend of pampering! I highly recommend the Grand Bohemian. It's not a place I would go with my son - the pool is elegant and nice, but nothing thrilling. But, for a romantic get-way or business trip - it's top notch!

Warning from a local

Based on my personal, as well as visiting colleague's, experiences at the Grand Bohemian the operation is clearly run on the principle that "you are very lucky to be here with us." The prices are outrageous for Orlando (this is not Paris, although the condescending staff might make you think so) For example, when pointing out a problem (not complaining) we encountered one time, the "manager" simply responded "that doesn't happen here, we are a number one Westin." That sums up their attitude, it's more conceivable to them that a guest would lie than that they made any mistake, however small. There are too many great hotels in Orlando, you don't have to stay at this one.

Accomodation on spec

by flip3

I have heard that it is best if travelling to Orlando I-drive / downtown, that it is best just to book a flight and go round a few of the hotels on spec. This is because (apparently) the hotels are hardly ever full cos there that vast and it works out far cheaper than booking a package deal. Can anyone tell me if this is true???

Also for info we are travelling in the last week of April.

by sunlovey

I think you'll find a hotel no problem. There are a million hotels in Orlando it seems. Often times they will be cheaper at the last minute.

by kop-queen

Last week in April is a fantastic time to go. Lines at the parks are probably only one third capacity so the hotels must be pretty quiet too.

KQ

by joesorce

I don't think you need a package deal, and the last week of April looks pretty good value.........personally I would want to book a room ahead at least for the first night. I would book directly with a hotel....something cancellable if you find something better. Early April I would check back for better deals and change if necessary.

Re: Re: Accomodation on spec

by flip3

Thanks for all your help.

by orlandohelper

Im not really sure what you are trying to ask. Theres plenty of great resorts in Orlando, each major resort offers its own enterntainment, dining, and shopping. The major resorts in International Drive are the 3 Universal hotels, the Peabody, the Rennaissance at SeaWorld, and the 2 Rosen hotels. The most popular and luxurious hotel in Downtown is the Westin Grand Bohemian Hotel which is well known for its upscale restaurant and fine art exhibition.

Comments