Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary At Colonial Townpark

850 Village Oak Lane, Lake Mary, Florida, 32746, United States
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Orlando

at the bottomat the bottom

Kali River Rapids at Animal KingdomKali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom

A hill on the Expedition Everest roller coasterA hill on the Expedition Everest roller coaster

Mickey Themed Kitchen ItemsMickey Themed Kitchen Items

transportation from WDW hotels to Universal Orlando

by MaryEllen616

Does anyone know of bus transportation from WDW area Lake Buena Vista Dolphin/Swan hotel to Universal Orlando?
Thanks.

Re: transportation from WDW hotels to Universal Orlando

by Agraichen

Disney has shuttles for every combination a tourist could think of and then some.

Re: transportation from WDW hotels to Universal Orlando

by rlg2706

We are staying at the Swan and Dolphin next year and will be visiting Universal. You can pre-arrange a pick up from a company called Mears. You can either get a taxi or they have shuttle buses which pick up around all of the hotels in the WDW resort. They have a website which will give you ideas of costs, www.mearstransportation.com.
Last year we stayed at the Port Orleans and found our own way to Sea world by public transport. There is a bus stop just outside Downtown Disney which links to the I trolley. So you could also do this to get to Universal. We found it time consuming waiting around for buses so then used the Mears taxi service.

Travel Tips for Orlando

Various Orlando Tips

by sswagner

These are some of the things I have learned with my experiences in Orlando.

(1) The weather is often better in the morning than the afternoon. This holds true especially in the summertime. As the afternoon heat builds up, thunderstorms tend to form up. At theme parks, it could shut down rides as you are waiting in line for them. At the beach, it will obviously make you not want to stay there. Most of the time, the morning is a better time. Save this part of the day for outdoor thrill rides and beaches.

(2) Theme parks are expensive, and I am not just talking about the ticket to get in. You will have to pay for parking if you came in a car. Then, the food prices inside the parks are very high. Often, you have to go quite a ways from a park to find more reasonably priced food. There is nothing stopping you from bringing your own food in. Of course, the tradeoff is that you have to carry all of that stuff.

(3) The busiest times for the theme parks are school holidays such as Christmas/New Years and Spring Break. Of course, the summertime is busy. During busy times, it helps to get to the parks early and go after the big name rides right away while lines are still not so long.

(4) Research the internet extensively for hotel and theme park discounts. There are a vast number of sites that deal with travel to the Orlando area. Some of them are probably just a click away. I will bet that some VT sponsers dealing with the Orlando area make sure to have their links on any Orlando VT page (hint, hint). It is best to compare some sites and shop around. There are a lot of deals out there.

You should go to as many...

by Psychokiwi

You should go to as many amusment parks as possible cause you may never go back. If your anti social and hate seeing happy people, then you can stay in you hotel room. I've been to Orlando so many times so the amusement parks stand out. I remember a few years back when a few friends and I went to Disney World only our car broke down and we had to cancel our plans for the day.

This is another picture of Per...

by KenMore

This is another picture of Per Arne and I. This was his first Halloween experience. He had always wanted to be Luke Skywalker. One of his friends dressed up as Darth Vader. I got to be the princess. I really miss the friends I made from Norway and I wish there was some way I could find them again.

All the workers here are...

by dzni

All the workers here are friendly! They HAVE to be friendly, or they probably wouldn't have a job anymore. Yeah, so it's unlikely you'll find a rude waiter or ride operator here. This doesn't go for the crowds, which I'm sure can somtimes be stressed and pushy. There are LOTS of people here... if you can't stand a lot of people, maybe come in the winter, when there may be fewer crowds.

Packing List

by nmac814

Comfortable walking shoes -- we were on our feet for about 9 hours a day for a week! Bandaids and other good stuff to make your feet feel good! I ended up getting a really bad cold about mid-week --- my hearty recommendation is to get a massage. My nose ran like crazy during the massage, but I felt intensely better afterward.

Comments