Hard Rock Hotel Orlando

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando
Booking.com amextravel.com Hotels.com

Costs 94% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Hard Rock, it is not

What a waste of my money, first we get there and pull up on the ramp and all these bell hops come out looking to help us unload or bags, did not even get time to turn the truck off, all they wanted was money and to park my truck in a lot for $25.00 a day. I had to tell them to back off and if I needed help I would ask. Then me and my boys go in to get or room only to find out it might not be ready until 4pm and it's only noon now. They told us we could use the pool area until it was ready. So I took the boys swimming and expected to find a nice pool which in a way it was but it's only a wading pool about 3' deep with a slide on one end, you was surpose to be able to hear music under the water but that was a joke. Around 2 the room was still not ready and the boys were hungry so we went to the pool side club to get a little something to eat, we had some cheese sticks, chicken wings and some nachos with a drink this bill was $75.00 I almost passed out anywere else it would have been no more than $25.00. well after that I called my wife who was with her sister who lives in Orlando and told her to do some shopping for food because there is no way we are gong to spend that kind of money on food. Our room was ready around 4.30pm and when we got to it I though we were back at one of the roadside hotels we stayed in to get there from RI. It was smaller than most of the places we stay at on the way down. There is no fridge to keep anyhting cold in, plan walls and an ungly rough carpet. we were surpose to have a pool view only to open the large curtins to find a small window that did not open and look out to trees that were right in front of the window. Well anyway after my wife and her sister broght pizza for dinner plus other stuff to eat during our stay we went to bed. We left early to visit the Harry Potter part of the part and figured we would go back to the hotel and make lunch around noon, when we got there our room was not made up yet so we made luch and went to the pool to cool off, a couple hours later we went back to the room to change and go back to the park and the room was the same way so we had to use dirty towels to clean up with, our room final was cleaned aroun 4pm when we wanted to get ready to go into town for dinner which was only $45.00 for 5 of us at TGIF. The rest of our stay was the same we stayed 2 more days the last straw was when I found out they charge $15.00 dollars aday to park in the regular lot, I finly complained to someone who would listen and got that off my bill. I have stayed in many 4 star hotels in the past and this is by far the worst, I would not recommend this place ot anyone, maybe if you stay on the 7th floor you get better treatment.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

A Suite Stay

The Hard Rock is located right on Universal property which makes it an incredible location when visiting their theme parks. The Hotel has an awesome metal sculpture of guitars when you first pull up into the entrance way. Once inside check in was a breeze and we were given our room keys and a porter brought up our bags. Our room was a suite and it was incredible. It was very large with a king bed, livingroom, living area, dining room and an awesome view of the pool and property. The bed was so comfortbale and the linens were nice and soft. The bathroom was a nice size with an interesting stone flooring.

The hotel itself is huge. There are tons of music memorabilia everywhere. We kept stopping every few feet just to check things out. The hotel also has some on site restaurants and bar options such as: The Palm, Velvet Bar, The Kitchen, Emack and Bolio's. City Walk is just a few minutes walk from the hotel where more dining and shops can be found.

The hotel pool area is unbelievable. The Pool even has a white sand beach on one side. There are 2 jacuzzis, water vollyball, a slide and fountains. The best part was the underwater sound system....nothing like swimming to some good tunes.

The beachclub poolside bar makes sure you always have a frosty beverage waiting poolside.

Liz and I had a fun time at this hotel; enjoying the pool, The Kitchen, Having ice cream at Emack & Bolios and just hanging in the room. It was an excellent stay and I will definitely return.

Unique Quality: I always say it's not what you know but who you know. Liz has a connectio so this stay at the Hard Rock was more than I imagined. We stayed in a suite with a pool view. The suite was huge with a large king sized bed, bathroom, living area and a dining room. The room itself was decorated in blues and beiges with really cool tourquoise colored fabric on the dining room chairs. The living area had a couch, chair, table and flat screen TV.

Your room key is your "fast Pass' to rides at Universal.

• tek142's Profile Photo

Sweet hotel, 50/50 Service

I have been at this hotel two times on separate vacations. The facilities and amenities are exceptional. On my first stay the service provided was perfect; The staff was very friendly and helpful. The second vacation here was planned because the first time was awesome! So we booked rooms on the hotels actuals website, packed our bags, loaded up the dogs and headed down. Drove all day and arrived around 11pm on the day of check in. When checking in we where told they lost our reservations and could not help us that the hotel was full. Standing in the lobby with my wife and two dogs, holding a print out of my pre paid email confirmation that was emailed to me before we left home out of state from georgia on a holiday weekend and all hotels in the area are full.

Unique Quality: Underwater pool speakers rocking out all day and night! Water taxi takes you to all theme parks.

Directions: Universal

• doug48's Profile Photo

next to universal

if you plan to visit universal studios theme park the universal hard rock hotel is located within walking distance to the park. the hard rock hotel has all of the amenities of a good resort hotel. they have five restaurants and bars on premises and a 12,000 sq. foot swimming pool. also included is express ride access which you can by pass the long lines at the park. expensive but because of it's excellent location i recommend it.

Directions: theme park area of orlando.

• very bad service

the place is so bad that my wife,son and two of his friends checked out the same day we checked in due to the poor management personnel that run the place.a four star prides itself on its service and "can do " attitude. the HARD ROCK HOTEL has a long way to go to achieve what has been loosely given to this ....place.... . its like a 40.00 a night place,so if you must have style and comfort and really want your monies worth,go with disney caring people,take care of all your request.

Unique Quality: none

Directions: stay away boulevard

• universal's best by far hotel

I went to the Hard Rock hotel Orlando in May last year for 3 weeks with my husband and our 9 year old son.
    I had read some bad reviews about the hotel and was a bit worried about our stay, but i really need'nt have been as when we arrived we really did experience the wow factor.
    I walked into our room and could'nt believe the size as it was hugh and so clean.
    We had a meal in The Kitchen which is a restaurant in the hotel and the food was great and my son was impressed as he was entertained by a magician for part of the evening. We also found the staff so hospitable.
    Our first day we caught the water taxi to the park and walked into the park expecting to queue but because we stayed at a Universal Hotel we didnt have to queue and walked straight to the front of the which was great !!! My son really liked the Back to the Future ride!
    We went to all the parks and swam with the Dolphins at Discovery Cove, ate in all the posh well known restaurants, spent a fortune but loved it and we are already planning our next visit. FANTASTIC

• balfor's Profile Photo

Hard to go wrong here...

Hmmm...... It was extremely nice. The rooms themselves were just nice, not too opulent, but not the standard cookie cutter room. However they ALWAYS had good music playing, and they have a radio/cd plaery in the room. They even provide each room with a Rock and roll CD!

Unique Quality: Within EASY walking distance to Universal Studios. And for multi-day stays, they give passes out to Universal Studios.

• For rockers of all ages

Large hotel inside Universal Studio's theme park. Awesome 12,000 sq. ft. pool with 260' water slide, fountains, beach, and yes, you can hear the music underwater! An Emack & Bolios ice cream cone is a must.

Unique Quality: Water taxi and shuttle service for the park available to guests. Complimentary service to Wet N Wild, Sea World and Discovery Cove. Water taxis take you right to City Walk, taxis run every 20 minutes. Guests staying at the Hard Rock can use Universal Express in the parks to avoid the lines.

Directions: Inside Universal Studios

• larababy's Profile Photo

What a blast!

My husband and I and 2 teens shared a room for 14 nights/days here in March 2002. It as great. On the doorstep of the 2 major Universal park and we could let the kids go off and meet up with us later.

The hotel was spotless. Lots to see. My only comment would be a little expensive. We can't all afford to spend £40 for breakfast each day!

Unique Quality: The pool is fantastic. Music playing nearly 24 hours a day and you can hear the music when underwater.

Nice clean pool area and when leaving the hotel by the back entrance you reach the parks within minutes and only a couple at that!

Its also a good thing that you can use your room passes to get fast access into most rides. Worth staying on-site just for that.

• Best place to stay in Orlando

This place rocks... for real!!! Even under the water at pool with the longest slide for a hotel in Orlando. Yep they pipe the music into the water for an added treat. This is the coolest hotel we have ever stayed at. The rooms are set up not like your average disney box room, but with some flair... cool stereos, and comfy beds, and the place feels clean... We love the lil bar " the velvet lounge" and its right on the property of Universal.

Unique Quality: The Palm Resturant is fine dining at its best.. better than Emeralds!!!
    The lobby is stocked with many cool things...

We liked this place so much, we had our wedding there!!!

Directions: Right at Universal

More about Hard Rock Hotel Orlando

Universal Fast Passes

by Aisling1989

If you stay in an on site Universal hotel, do you have to use your fast pass days during your stay? Or is it ok to use them a week later?

by johnfromoz

We have stayed at The Hard Rock Hotel twice & the park passes that you receive whilst staying in the hotel are only valid whilst you are in residence as they are part of the hotel accommodation package.

by atomicburger

I have read that you can check in at 7am, leave your bags and then enjoy the parks with your key card. This is also true on the departure day, your fast pass is good until the parks close but after that, your out of luck. :)

by monorailgold

Yes, they are like the Disney tickets that are part of your room key. Once your stay is over they are invalid. You have til midnight the day you check out to use your passes.

Donna