Hawthorn Orlando Airport

Staybridge.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• greetings's Profile Photo

Flawless! Great Value and Customer Service

After 7+ hours of flying I was tired and needed a place to get freshened up before my meeting. I was 5 hours early for my meeting and 6 hours too early to check in. I decided to find my hotel and see if I was in the right place. I was. Shyly I asked if there was any way I could check in early and they said sure, and sent me off to have free breakfast while they processed my paperwork. I came back and was handed my key without delay. Customer service is a high priority.

Summary: If I return to Orlando, I will definitely return to the Airport Hawthorn Suites. Great job guys!

Unique Quality: Access through all outside doors from the parking lot was available by use of your room's card key. This worked well because if you come and go, you can use the door closest to where you parked & get out of the heat / rain etc.

I noticed no roaches or other bugs at all. Everything was clean. I had everything I needed plus a lot that I never touched (see the link below for a list of complete features). Free local Orlando paper & USA Today near the lobby.

A real concern to me as I booked this room was that I thought the airport noise would be a problem being only 1-2 miles from the runways. As it turned out, I only heard two jets - barely - and then only because I was actively listening for them. The rest of the time I heard none at all. The in-room air conditioner worked well and was the quietest of any hotel I've visited.

Airport access was wonderful - either by car or by free shuttle.

I saw the small exercise room ... not a gym, but sufficient if you want to do a stair climb, treadmill, stationary bike etc. I think I saw a TV in there.

Very clean small kitchen with 2-burner electric stove, microwave, refrigerator / freezer, sink, coffee maker, dishes, etc.

2-TVs, radio, VCR player.

Single bedroom unit - Rooms:
    *Medium size main living room with dining area and kitchen added at one end.
    *Generous sized bedroom with closet and lockable safe, mine had a King sized bed.
    *Separate vanity and toilet/shower rooms.

Wonderful complimentary breakfast (until 9 or 10AM) - buffet style - not cooked to order, included scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, bagels, toast, coffee, OJ, apple juice, cold cereals with milk, hot cereal, biscuits and gravy, muffins, danish, I am sure I missed something. Lots of room in the dining area, with lots of windows and light.

There is a bar for happy hour 5:30PM to 7:30PM that seemed well attended.

Computer and internet access right in the room. Local weather, entertainment and etc access was free. Beyond that there was a charge.

My cost staying alone was $84 on 6/14/04

Directions: Just outside the MCO Orlando Airport. Great Airport Access - turn right at the the first light then right again, go a few blocks and you are there. Virtually no airport noise at all!

Comments