Hawthorn Suites Orlando Seaworld

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

More about Hawthorn Suites Orlando Seaworld

Lovely quiet hotel

by TripAdvisor Member spongecakeuk

We have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel and had a fabulous time. A fairly small but friendly staffed hotel, just off I drive. A larger than average two room suite which was ideal for our 2 teenagers 1 boy/1 girl so a bed each, which is not the standard in Orlando! The kitchenette had coffe maker, fridge, 2 ring hob, microwave and a dishwasher that the maid filled and switched on daily, also tea towel, cloth and dishwasher sachet left daily. A double mirrored closet with coat hangers in the bedroom comfortable bed with puffy pillows and clean bedding made daily. Powerful shower with towels changed daily, towels also at poolside. A hot breakfast buffet served each morning which was a great start for a busy day at the attraction parks, overall a great hotel and we would return again.

lots of plusses

by TripAdvisor Member MillsMC

This is within walking distance of SeaWorld (0.5 mi away). It has a great pool surrounded by the hotel. The free breakfast is spacious and has a good selection of food (scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage). In other words, perfect, right? Well, we had to change rooms because of the malfunctioning air conditioner, the new room had very low water pressure in the shower, and they charge for outgoing calls. So 4 stars.

First Class! :o)

by TripAdvisor Member shelbali

We've just returned from a two week stay in Orlando. The Hawthorn Suites really is a first class hotel. Not only were the rooms very spacious (4 adults sharing a one bedroom suite still had plenty of room) but they were very comfortable and clean too. The hotel itself was extremely clean and well maintained. Very friendly maid service too. A couple of times I locked myself out of my room and the maid (who'd recognised us) was only too happy to let us back in. :o)

The kitchette wasn't anything luxurious, but it did the job. We had a two ring stove, a microwave, toaster, coffee maker and dish-washer. Word of advice to any British guests, TAKE A TRAVEL KETTLE. We ended up boiling water in a saucepan for cups of tea, which was fine, but it would have been easier with a kettle. We understand though that hot tea drinking is mainly a British thing! LOL.

The free hot buffet breakfast was an excellent plus, saving us $'s with a good selection of scrambled eggs, sausages, home fries, biscuit/scones, country gravy, canadian bacon, fresh fruit, cereals, muffins and toast. Not to mention the fruit juices, tea and coffee.

A lovely swimming pool and some very friendly staff. The hotel isn't overly big, so there's a nice air of intimacy and friendliness between guests and staff alike.
Situated right off the lower end of I-Drive, it's quiet and the roads aren't congested like they are further up.

An excellent choice of hotel. This was my 5th visit to Orlando, and this was by far the best value hotel. I will definitely be returning!

Thank you for a wonderful holiday! :o)

Good Value, clean, small

I stayed at Hawthorn Suites with my husband and our two small kids for a few days in August 2005 and our stay was very enjoyable. The hotel is clean, service good and the pool area was very good, with a nice large swimming pool, small pool for the kids and even a small playground. The hotel is not luxurious, they certainly could update the decor all over. For example the breakfast area is tired, reminded me of the canteen at my former workplace. Also, the cutlery and crokery is disposable which is fine if you are travelling with kids as this is quite relaxing and informal. But I can't imagine this being very good for the environment. The staff is friendly, maids do their job well and front desk staff is pleasant enough. The room itself was large, a separate bedroom and a sitting room with a small kitchenette. Perfect again for families. By the way, there's a great little pizzeria almost next to the hotel and you can get take outs; highly recommended especially after a long day at the parks! All things considered, the hotel was good value for money however they could redecorate to give the place a more modern feel. Would I stay here again? Yes, if I was coming to Orlando just for a few days with the kids. I couldn't imagine staying here for two whole weeks though.

a bit overpriced

good if you need extra space and want to save money on meals,but has an somewhat used and worn look ,i think because it might be. one of the two stove burners was not functional (knob looked broken)kickplate missing from fridge,no freezer door.outdated nintendo game box missing tv connection. $6.95 a night rent for one game cartridge,small game room on premises is alternative.one remote,two tvs'. tvs' maybe 19" screens with around 24 channels.dont expect big fluff pillows,small flat ones and a mattress on the firm side.3 wood single cushion chairs,one with arms,love seat pulls out to bed by a/c.staff cleaned room quite well,desk very responsive to room change request for an originaly reserved room with two queen beds instead of one king.

Good Hotel - People nice

Had a good experience here. However, breakfast here was not up to what I consider Hawthorn standards. Eggs were dry each day. I opted for the cereal except for the day they had biscuits and gravy. This would usually be appealing to me, but the gravy was more like soup. I threw it away and was back eating cold cereal again.

Needs Repairs!

We spent 7 days here. Looks good on out side, but the rooms need a lot of work. Toilet broke, but was fixed, front burner on stove did not work, airconditioner did not blow very hard, it was cool enough to sleep, water leak on carpet from bathtub. The carpet stayed wet the whole time we were there. Used most of our towels to soak up water. Breakfast was ok. Pool area is nice. Limited bus schedule to and from parks, drivers not very friendly! Staff was friendly, but the hotel needs some renovating. If this hotel updates the rooms it would be a nice place to stay!

BETTER THAN I EXPECTED

by TripAdvisor Member AUTUMNSUN

I was expecting worse here by some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. We stayed here for two nights (free, courtesy of Hyatt gold points) before we checked into a onsite Disney hotel. It is right next to Seaworld and was a comfortable drive to all Disney Parks. We did not use the bus system so I cant review. The breakfast was awful. We only managed one day and ate at Disney the next. The pool is nice and the grounds are well kept and have a tropical feel. The staff was pleasant and we were given a one room suite with a king bed in the room and fold out couch in the living area. We requested this as we did not want the kids in the same room as us. it did have that old Florida feel but it was not as retro as I thought it would be and was in good condition and not worn out. Big bathroom with seperate sink. We only used the refrigerator in the kitchen. We did not have to use the air but we had to use the heat during our visit and it kept the room comfortable. It had wood french doors that seperated the bedroom from the living area. Was nice having two TVs. A nice stay all in all.

Comfortable Hotel, Nice Pool, Needs Updating Badly

The Hawthorn Suites was better than I had expected, seeing the reviews and the old pictures. But, yet, it wasn't anything amazing. The hallways need updating desperately. The atrium is nice, and so is the hallway with the large windows that runs by the pool. But the halls with the guest rooms are a faded pink with dirt and scratch marks on them; and the carpets are rank and dirty-looking. The hotel's water is luke-warm at its coldest point. We found a frozen soda about to explode in our refrigerator upon our arrival. The cabinets need painting and repairing, and real doors would be nice for more privacy to the king-size bedroom. The hotel echoes horribly. We could hear doors shutting all night long. The pool area was very nice, though the water smelled gross. The hot-tub had algae (or what could have been mold) growing on the inside of it. The breakfast was not great. The eggs and sausage were cold, but the fruit and english muffins were good (but it isn't tough to screw those up. There was a majority of British families at our hotel, for reasons which we don't know. On our last night smoke was seen on the first floor (it was someone who had smoked in a non-smoking room) and the smoke alarm went off at about 12:30, at which point the police came and evacuated everyone to the front of the hotel or the pool area. The outside of the hotel was very nice, and in good shape. Room service was pricey, and food wasn't great. However, after a day or two the hotel gets more of a homey-feel to it, and especially the beds. I was surprised at how comfortable the beds were. Overall, because of the pool, the beds, and its proximity to restaurants, shops, and themeparks, it was a nice hotel for our first time to Orlando.

Recommended Hotel for all

The hotel was clean and tidy. The service was good, transport to disney land is free. The pool was spotless and so was the towels provided. Fresh bedding everyday if required, very good breakfast for all culptures included.

Wonderworks, the upsidedown building.Wonderworks, the upsidedown building.

Cinderella's Castle at Magic KingdomCinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom

The Swimming PoolThe Swimming Pool

awesome treeawesome tree

Space shuttle launch

by FraMauro

I am staying at the Sheraton Vistana the week of May 12 and hope to catch either of the launches on May 12 or May. 15. Now, I received an email from KSC saying the launch transportation tickets and some of the launch viewing tickets have already been sold out. How do I book the tickets for viewing the launch from the visitor complex. How do I get from the resort to the complex? (I decided not to rent a car after reading that traffic can be quite horrible especially on the day of the launch.) Has anyone does this before. It is a bit of a scramble right now, since the mail says the tickets go on sale on Apr 3 morning.

Please help me out.

Thanks a ton.

Re: Space shuttle launch

by easterntrekker

Hi
We went to the launch in march , unfortunately it was cancelled . We drove 4 hours for nothing and had the cost for a hotel room too!Be aware this is a frequent occurance. We ended up seeing it ( albeit from afar) from our back yard in Englewood. Tickets are non refundable too. If you decide to go for it anyway , there are alternate transportation means available . Here's a link http://www.ksctickets.com/grydol.html. You can then book the ticket just for the Visitor Complex viewing . Its $38.00. Note the reason for the tour being sold out is because of a change in schedule . Its buyer beware!

Re: Space shuttle launch