Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld International Center (6850 Westwood Boulevard )

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

6850 Westwood Boulevard, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld International Center (6850 Westwood Boulevard )

Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld-OK, but had flaws

by TripAdvisor Member CathyMV

After reading the wonderful reviews, I chose this hotel. First, there is a review here that has photos and it's not this hotel (bigdaddyjoel1@earthlink.net). For the hotel itself, there were some problems. Our room was never cleaned earlier than 3pm every day (sometimes not until 4p!). Be aware that the side that you can see the Seaworld fireworks is also the side that has the juvenile detention center. And the center is literally right next door. We needed a rollaway bed and every hotel that I've ever stayed at did not charge me $10/night for its use. They tell me upfront there is a $10 charge per night but whenever we get the bill these other hotels don't charge us. But I guess the Hilton needs the money to support Paris and Paris. I think that Hilton can afford some sort of continental breakfast or evening happy hour--some perk for its guests! The rooms were comfortable and clean, although the carpet was dirty. We had to walk around with our shoes on so our feet didn't get dirty. And location is good, if you have a car, which we did. We had a long wait at the front desk to be taken care of. Overall, I've stayed at hotels that were better for the price and probably won't consider this one next time. I felt like we were incidental to the whole operation rather than being the primary focus as a Hilton guest.

Orlando is also known as...

by FloridaGirl

Orlando is also known as Mickey Mouse Town, because it is next to all of the theme parks -- Walt Disney World, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom, Sea World, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure... There are all types of hotels to please everyone -- see www.insidecentralflorida.com and orlando.citysearch.com.

Awesome!!

by TripAdvisor Member shanda-7

Just came back from staying 12 nights at the Hilton.The service was just fabulous at this hotel. The rooms were very clean, spotless in fact!
The location is superb, with Sea World right across the street and all other parks in close proximity. We visited Orlando last year and stayed in a budget hotel thinking we are only there to sleep. That was our biggest mistake as the hotel we stayed in was filthy.
We would not recommend that!! We got an excellent rate on this hotel look online at MLT Vacations and compare.
I would highly recommend this hotel!

Nice rooms, but little to do on the grounds.

Just returned from 4 nights here. The rooms are basic and clean. There was a problem with the shower in the first room, and we were moved to a new room very quickly and with no hassle. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. You can walk to sea world from the hotel, but everything else is a cab ride away. Because Orlando is spread out cab rides can quickly add up. There are small fitness and business centers. The hotel bar is very small. The pool area is small, but it was clean. I would avoid the breakfast buffet.

All in all it was a clean and quiet hotel. If you are looking to relax in the lobby or hang out at a poolside bar you would be better off somewhere else.

pleasing overall

by TripAdvisor Member MillsMC

This is within easy walking distance to SeaWorld. If you get a room facing the park, you can watch the fireworks from your room at night. The pool was very nice, and had a good atmosphere with the people there. However, they don't offer a free continental breakfast; the restaurant's not a bad deal, though. It has interior corridors, which is something I like. The room didn't blow you away, but overall, enjoyable.

Ideal Location

We stayed here between 8.3.05 and 12.3.05. It was very conveniently located for the I-drive, shops as well as all the parks and in fact overlooks the outer reaches of Seaworld.
The standard of the room and hotel was as we expected for a hotel of its class. The only downside was that there were interconnecting rooms and a busload of youngsters, staying for one night, were very boisterous and noisy to the point of knocking on the interconnecting door at our side.

They had arrived at approx 10.30 pm and the noise started about 15 mins later. As we had an early rise the next morning we had retired for the night and were rudely awoken. However we are only too well aware of the excitement of being in Florida so ignored this for approx 30 mins as we thought it only fair that the youngsters were allowed a chance to settle down. However this didnt happen which necessitated a call to management. It took a further 30 mins for them to calm down - not exactly the swift response we expected from management.

We feel that management should have a policy in relation to supervision of large school parties.

The only other gripe is that we noticed at many of the hotels in Florida a complimentary breakfast is provided but this wasn`t the case at this hotel although it wouldnt prevent us from returning on a future occasion. However as the rooms are not really geared up for self catering families might do better to choose an alterntative hotel

Sea World

by Helga67

You absolutely must see the killer whale show in the Shamu stadium. These animals are so beautiful and the show is great.

And, of course the other whales and dolphins have their show at the Whale & Dolphin Stadium. Don't miss it either!

"Hotel Clyde and Seamore", this was really a funny show with a lot of good jokes.

Sea World!!!

by SnowAngel

I know, I know, this page is so uncharacteristic of me and my other pages. But, I had to do it... my nine year old was wondering why I hadn't written anything about her favorite place to visit. So here goes... This is about Sea World mainly. My daughter loves marine biology and wants to free all animals every where and make the world a better place for man and for beast! Great aspirations are in the eyes of a child! So here is your page little one, I hope you enjoy it! Love,Mom

Sea World

"Water ski show"

"Water ski show"

"Diving show"

"...bird"

"...conversation with a bird"

SEA WORLD

by miner

Shamu and the other marine animal shows are the main attraction here.A word to the wise --don't sit too close to the tank unless you want to get really wet.

I thought this was a really neat playground where there were water cannons and targets to shoot at . kids who ran the gauntlet between the guns got soaked.

Along with marine animals there were some beautiful birds on display there.i think these may be parrots but there were also pink flamingos in a wading pond.

Sea WorldSea World

How Far is the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld from the Universal Resorts?

by JamieJeremy

We may stay at the hilton 2 nights then switch to a more expensive Universal Resort...How far are these hotels from one another? How much would it cost to take a bus or taxi 10 miles or less to get from one hotel to another in Orlando?
Thanks :)

Re: How Far is the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld from the Universal Resorts?

by joesorce

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando At Seaworld Hotel is walking distance to Seaworld and only a half a mile from Discovery Cove. Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Studios are conveniently accessible by the hotel's complimentary transportation service. Orange County Convention Center is one mile away. I-Ride Trolley stop in front of hotel provides transportation for a small fee to famous International Drive shops and restaurants

Re: Re: How Far is the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld from the Universal Resorts?

by Hexepatty

I'd count on approx $20 in one way cab fare to get from SeaWorld hotel to Universal resort...

Sea World area hotels

by turninghawk

My wife and I will be visiting Sea World next month. Any suggestions for a nice place to stay, close to Sea World? We are a couple in our early-50's traveling without children this trip. Thanks for your input!

by kop-queen

I can't be specific but as you haven't had any replies on this one to date I guess any info is better than none!

Sea World is 5 minutes from the main run of International Drive hotels so lots to choose from . Try posting again in the week and the local "experts" may pick up the thread and help some more.

KQ

by CulturalCompetence

...and here's your "Locals" answer! :-)

We live less than 10 miles from Sea World. We suggest staying at the Renaissance Hotel on Sea Harbor Drive. Expect to pay a little more than average, however you will be within walking distance to Sea World. Additionally, you will be on the "Trolley Line" which is a cheap transportation service for tourists. It only costs a couple of dollars per person each day and will bring you to all of the attractions and shopping areas on I-Drive (International Drive). You'll probably need to arrange transportation to the hotel (we don't think they have an airport shuttle). Before jumping on a Mears bus, be sure to check out the taxi prices. You'll probably be surprised that the taxi is cheaper - plus a taxi will get you to your hotel faster. Expect to pay about $25 each way...

Have fun! :-)
Christine & Arnold

by dcg

There are a number of Marriott hotels very close to SW. Do the search on Marriott hotels and you will find a Residence Inn, Renaisance, and vacation villa's within site of the park. I spend about 100 nights in Orlando hotels and have found these to be very good.
Have a good time and tell Shamu hello!

Hawthorne Suite Near Sea World

by sukiuk

We are going to Orlando in 5 weeks and was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hawthorne suites near Sea world, if so can you tell me if they provide towels around the pool and if it is walking distance to Sea World.

Thanks

RE: Hawthorne Suite Near Sea World

by toontycoon

This is not really an answer, as you will have already been by the time you recive this. Could you please tell me what your experince of this hotel was like.................

Comments