6001 Destination Parkway, Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Hilton Orlando

New Hotel, Good Location, Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member kmjlhs

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business convention. It opened 9/1/09, so everything is new and clean. The location is off International Dr., close to the Orange County Convention Center and restaurants that line the street. Also very close to Universal Studios. Although there is a parking fee, its very easy access to the lobby and is covered to shield from the sun. The rooms include very comfortable bedding, a safe, a refrigerator, a coffee maker and a large screen LCD TV. The king bed rooms have a large chair with ottoman. There is a desk with a comfortable work chair. Wireless internet is available at additional cost. The bathroom has granite counters and all the normal amenties of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. A USA Today is delivered in the morning. What most impressed me, however, was the service. The Front Desk, Housekeeping and Banquet Service were all friendly, helpful and efficient. They have made a terrific effort to make you feel like a valued guest. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and will stay there myself the next time I'm in Orlando.

A Fresh, New Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member thatvideoguy

The hotel had only been open about two weeks, the opening celebration was the night before, and our conference was the first major meeting and trade show held there. Such a difference to be in a facility with everything bright and new and no worn sheets or scratched furniture!

The rooms are good-sized and furnished comfortably. In-room amenities were the usual. Towels were not skimpy and replaced daily.

Elevator service was great for a large hotel. Longest wait I ever had was maybe 30 seconds. We were getting free wifi; worked well first night but I couldn't get a connection on the second night. A call to the trouble line, and a switch to hardwire (provided at the desk in the room) got me connected. The next day, the wifi was back in service.

Inner tubes on the lazy river were free. I don't know if this will be the case forever, as there was still some nearby construction going on.

The IDrive trolley stops about a block away. Parking is mostly in a garage. The one strange thing is that to get from your car to the entrance to the hotel lobby requires you to go outside on the top (uncovered) garage level. Although there is a cover over the area from the elevators to the door, in windy weather when it is raining, you could get soaked.

I never ate in any of the hotel facilities, although I did have food at a dinner function and appetizers at another party. I also had continental breakfast either in the conference area (2 days) or the Concierge Lounge (3 days). Food was well-prepared and tasty. The Lounge disappointed at times; I like to have a banana in the morning and they only had them one day (although I had heard someone ask for them two days before).

People who did eat in the hotel reported the quickie place for lunch was expensive. There were only a few places that were a convenient walk for lunch (1-3 blocks). Of those, McDonalds was the only one you could do on a one hour break. With more time and the IDrive Trolley or a car, there are tons of eating options in the area.

Hotel staff was great. Courteous and helpful. I even had a parking attendant get out of a car to show me how to get to the correct parking garage entrance.

The location to get to themes parks is very good. Sea World is about 5 minutes away. Access to I-4 takes but a few minutes and then 3 exits to Universal Studios. Disney is the other way and should be an easy trip also.

Best vacation ever!

by TripAdvisor Member vaaltonen

It was our second time staying there, hopefully not the last one. The hotel looked much better second time around, they finished the construction of one of the buildings and it looked great. We also liked how close it was to the parks, shopping center.
Also, they have the best breakfast right on the premises.
The staff was wonderful as well.

The best in the Area

by TripAdvisor Member sabai77Pijnacker

We just booked this Hilton for two nights, but we´ve got so excited about this brand new Hotel that we decided to cancel our stay in Fort Lauderdale and remain here till october the 3rd. I am a long time member of the Hilton chain (1980) and I can asure everyone that besides the Waldorf Towers New York this is the best hotel we had.
The front-office clerk - Erick - was very polite and helpfull in getting us an upgraded room. Well for dinner you will be amazed by the quality of food at Spencers. Delicious food (steaks, fish) and a marvellous choice of wine. If you a real lover of wine. Just see there special storage. The waiters Mike and Mitch do know how to handle their job. And the Manager Don is very interested in what his customers think about this restaurant.
We just told him it can´t be better.
And when you have your breakfast at the Bistro in the morning you will find a very kind reception by Danielle, Teri, Amanda who will seat you. The serving is great and attentive. We like to name Simo, Eric, Christopher and Jennifer.
And your special eggs in the morning will be cooked to order for you by Edwin. Also Laila is very helpfull if you can not find what you want. Evn for lunch you should go there.
And then the hit outside!! A great waterpark with slides, streaming river, great pool and even a pool when you don´t want to be bothered.
So, we strongle will advise and stay at this great new Hotel, convenient to all the fun locations and shopping centers and other restaurants.

John de Bruin / René Christiaan

Amazing pool for the whole family to enjoy.

by TripAdvisor Member dreamingtraveler

We stayed for just one night on our way home from Naples, FL. The hotel as a whole is brand new, clean and beautiful. The pool was amazing we got our first look from our room on the tenth floor. We just had to check it out. Traveling with a 1 year old is not always the easiest but this pool was perfect for the whole family. The main pool is like an ocean in that you are able to walk in and it gradually gets deeper. There is basketball goals, a water slide and a very nice lazy river (the water cannons and fountains are great for older kids and dads not a big hit with a baby though) . We also ate at David's Club it was very good we got the hamburger meal it was worth the amount of food we got. The grilled chicken breast kids meal was not worth the size but the staff was happy to fix the problem, but I would just recommend getting the adult size meal. Overall we have already recommended this hotel to friends and family for business and pleasure.

Very Nice - Esp if you are going to the Convention center

by TripAdvisor Member Shanola

I stayed here from Oct 6-9th while attending a Convention at the convention center next store. The hotel is conntected via a breezeway to the Convention center which made going back & forth between classes a super easy.

The rooms are new & very nice w/flat screens & large bathrooms. I also took advantage of the lazy river & the pool which were perfect for mid-day dips. I found the bar @ the pool to be completely overpriced ($10 for a daqurri) I also found the food to be overpriced in the restraunt when I grabbed a quick lunch,

Overall great hotel with great service!! The staff was wonderful

We found ourselves planning our next stay before we even checked out!

by TripAdvisor Member melucido

Myself, my husband, and our 3yr old son came down for the weekend for my husband’s birthday and to go to Aquatica. I have to say that the hotel is absolutely amazing! When we first arrived and saw the beautiful fountain, and then were blown away by the décor and presentation of the lobby – it is so luxurious and inviting. The artwork throughout was beautiful and we found ourselves looking forward to what we would see next. Once in the room, it was more of the same. We loved the high-end finishes and all the extra special touches (flat screen tv, marble threshold, large windows). We spent a good deal of time at the pools, and were there every day of our stay. Also, it was so close and convenient to all of the attractions, shopping and restaurants that we were able to come and go easily. The staff were professional and always eager to help. It was a relaxing, enjoyable time for the entire family. It was a truly memorable experience, and we found ourselves planning our next stay before we even checked out!

Mediocre for $$

by TripAdvisor Member Corvette87

Attended convention 10/8-10/11. 159$ should include self park but that was another 12$. Garage is close to lobby. The best is the pool area which has ample chairs and slides and lazy river. Pool bar was the worst I have ever experienced all three evenings I tried to use it. We waited twenty minutes for one beer. Finally found Publix gorcery close by and bought our own.
The lobby is huge and beautiful and every staff eager to please. To get to convention rooms is quite a walk so wear comfy shoes. The room was small. Decent TV and 15$ for a movie.The refridge and small coffee pot much apperciated. Bathroom large for room but good shower. Room service Westin expensive and average food. My biggest gripe, here we were in Florida and I am in box. Only way to get fresh air was to go out to pool. Minimal if any fan in bath!! They should have had balconies and maybe I would have likeed it better. We actually checked out and went elsewhere. The trolley does not stop nearby so you must drive which is a bite on I-drive. We found place with trolley stop out front. The brightest spot of trip was a visit to TexasD Brazil steakhouse. Also Aquatica was expensive but worth it!

The Best Hilton I Have Stayed In

by TripAdvisor Member Losercuda

Pros: Extremely pleasant and helpful staff; everything is brand-new; walkway right into the convention center; straight shot to the airport; very clean; beautiful, large rooms; the pool(s) are absolutley a major bonus for a business traveler.

Cons: @#$%&^ $15 for wifi -- give me a friggen break. Just add a few bucks to the price of the room and stop gouging for internet access...it is like charging $10 for hot water in the shower.

We are bringing a family back in March for a Disney Trip....that's how much I liked this hotel. (We just won't be bringing the laptop)

Good service

by TripAdvisor Member Larep

Good points are - within walking distance of the convention center; new hotel, pleasant decor, caring staff, fast elevators, great food, thick towels, bathrobes. Loses a point for charging for internet use!

Comments