Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle

Autograph Hotels Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 41% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Doubletree Castle Hotel

A Fantastic Experience

My stay at the Doubletree Castle was really nice. The people at the front desk were not only courteous and friendly, but QUICK! Check in was done in no time. I was there with a meeting, and we had a scavenger hunt going on. The employees were very helpful during that time too! The BEST part was the bed I slept in - they are the GREATEST and most comfortable...what a great night sleep I got! We ate breakfast Sunday morning downstairs, the man cooking the eggs, etc...makes a very tasty omlet. I hope to stay there again soon!

Castle Hotel Good Hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member travelgrog

The castle is a good hotel. It is very clean and it is very nice. The pool is ok and the grounds are very nice. This hotel tries to offer the Disney experience but it kind of falls short. If you are going to Orlando for Disney I would say do not stay at The Castle. Stay on Disney property. Just having the Disney transportation is enough to make it worth while to stay in Disney. The Castle really doesnt have great transportation to the parks I wound up driving everyday and paying for parking. If you are going there for business this place is really perfect. It is close to the convention center. I stayed at the castle because of the price. I found a 79$/ ngiht coupon in a travel guide I got off a highway rest stop. If you are paying more then that stay in Disney. Very close to Universal and it is on I drive. Overall nice hotel with great rooms just doesnt offer enough transportation and it doesnt give you that Disney Orlando feel.

What a fiasco!!

This is a letter I wrote to Hilton:
"I would like to express my profound disappointment with my experience at your hotel in Orlando. In August of this year, I booked 52 rooms at this hotel for a national company meeting, to be held on December 4th through the 9th. In addition to the rooms, we committed a banquet room with dinner. All told, this was a $25,000 opportunity for the hotel. We received confirmations from the hotel and understood the reservations to be without problems.

When our people arrived at the hotel on the expected date, 18 of the 52 participants were not allowed to check in, but diverted to 2 lesser hotels, Country Inn and the Enclave Hotel. When asked for an explanation, your managers told me that it was a combination of computer problems and hurricane damage that created the over-booking problem. They also let us know that they "did us a favor, since these new hotels were cheaper". That is unbelievable arrogance.

Clearly, this was unacceptable to us. We booked these rooms 4 months prior to our arrival to ensure that there would not be these types of problems. In addition, these rooms were reserved in one block, so that the group would not be separated.

After complaining to the Assistant GM , they finally agreed to pay for the stays at Country Inn and the Enclave. We reviewed the names of each persons that were diverted so as to avoid further confusion. However, when it came time for our people to check out of these hotels, about a third of them were told that the Doubletree made no arrangements to make payments for the stays. When I tried to contact the Assistant GM to clarify this situation, I received no return calls.

I work for a service company with a combined 3 million domestic travel miles per year. We've generally had very good experiences with the Hilton hotels and most of us look for the Hilton name when booking our travel. Unfortunately, this experience has severely tarnished my confidence in your hotels and I felt the need to express it."

Nothing to say, except it was GREAT

I love the hotel everytime i came back from the park or shopping, somebody was at the front desk "WELCOME HOME!!!", it sure did feel like home except the weather. Housekeeping was great no early morning knocks, bellstaff was fast and helpful when getting my boxes. i will be back and tell all my family and friends and co workers.
greatjob!!!!!!!

Pleasantly surprised

When we first saw the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. It has a castle theme throughout. It has a nice pool area, though since the weather was in the late 60’s when we went there, no one was hanging out there. They should have some music in the bar area to make it more lively. Very good breakfast. They had shuttle busses to Universal twice daily.

There were a few things we didn’t like. The people at the front desk are not too welcoming. There was an extra $5 per day and a $9.95 internet charge. The bathroom had a very bad musty smell.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

Poolside at the Polynesian ResortPoolside at the Polynesian Resort

Mouse Gear at Walt Disney World's EPCOTMouse Gear at Walt Disney World's EPCOT

fried seafoodfried seafood

Rocket GardenRocket Garden

Bus service

by storminnorm

What bus do I take to get from the AMTRAK station on Sligh Rd to the airport.

Fastest way to get this info

by PR-7

Whenever you need to get info on a city's mass transit system, do an Internet search for

"name of city" mass transit

When I did this for Orlando, I found this pdf in less than fifteen seconds:

www.golynx.com/assets/userfiles/media/pdf/systemmap.pdf

as well as this URL:

Both show that the #11 goes almost directly between these two places.

www.golynx.com/index.cfm?fuse=cstm&app=route&view=sched&cid=11
www.golynx.com/assets/userfiles/routemaps/11.pdf

Re: Bus service

by Florida999

I would take a taxi, that area around the Amtrak station is not the greatest, and it will probably take you hours on a bus , and only 20 minutes or so in a taxi

Comments