Holiday Inn Select Orlando-University Central

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Select Orlando-University Central

It was a hit

by TripAdvisor Member AshLoCaseMom

I am the travel coordinator for my daughters' competitive cheerleading teams. We have many parents that are picky and they were concerned when I booked this hotel. However, everyone was extremely happy with their stay. I had booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who went to UCF. His parents stayed there whenever they visited him. If we go to this area of Orlando again, we'll be back. I worked with Marta Ferrera, who was very sweet with all of our changes and even followed up with us after we left.

Comfortable, but a little worn

by TripAdvisor Member johnsmith47

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. I hadn't stayed at the hotel since 2001. It's in good shape for a Holiday Inn. The company seems to be trying to upgrade their service. But the physical plant is getting a little old. The rates were excellent, better than anything else in the UCF area. On balance it was a good value.

Bad choice

by TripAdvisor Member su432

Dirty, noisy and ugly sums up this place. It looked like the maids hadn't cleaned behind the toilet or in the corners of the room in months. Yuck!
The decor consisted of tacky red bedspreads, blue carpet and green curatins.
The bar was so noisy, we could hear it out our 4th floor window.
The outdoor lights were so bright outside our window, it looked like noon at 3:00 a.m
The milk delivered with our room service was at room temperature.
The air conditioner was so loud, you couldn't sleep or hear the T.V.
The walls are so thin, another guy's cell phone ringing woke me up 3 times.

Best business hotel in Central Florida

by TripAdvisor Member BusinessPartner

I and about 80 colleagues stayed for anywhere ranging from 4-7 nights at the Holiday Inn Select Orlando-University Central in late February 2009 for a conference. The hotel was very professionally run with highly trained and professional staff who catered to our every need. I have stayed in many hotels in Florida and, for the business traveler, this hotel (a) does not have a 'musty' smell; (b) has a sound sense of and insight into what business people need; (c) is sufficiently near the airport and Orlando amenities (including the beach and Kennedy Space Center) to allow business travelers take advantage of the many options offered in the Central Florida region; and (d) has superb and unobtrusive room service to allow the business traveler relaxed and unharried down-time. Highly recommended

Best hotel near Lockheed Martin

by TripAdvisor Member Mia6464

I came in for a business meeting. Unfortunately no Disney World for me this trip. :-( I was really surprised at the quality of this Holiday Inn. It was much nicer than I expected - marble floors in the lobby, upscale bathrooms, and a nice restaurant. When I stayed, my corporate rate included bonus Priority Club Points and free breakfast buffet. Extra values are always nice! The hotel also has free internet - wired or wireless - so logging on was really easy. There was a fitness center, but I used the jogging trail that passes the hotel. It was nice to exercise outside and not have to run on a busy street! The hotel is right across the street from the UCF campus, so I'd imagine it's pretty convenient for anyone visiting the university. The staff was very friendly and helped me get driving directions to a few different places. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone headed to East Orlando.

hot, smelly, uncomfortable room worn around the edges

by TripAdvisor Member gocm22

First, the positives: we checked in after 10 pm with a very helpful clerk and the lobby looks nice. Also, the bathroom in our room was nice and the shower was good. However, when we exited the elevator onto our floor it was like entering a blast furnace and our room was no different. We turned on the air conditioning and got into the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in. It was hard and lumpy. By that time it was so late we just resigned ourselves to discomfort (and discomfort we got). No matter how low we turned the a/c thermostat, it only blew hot air and as the room got hotter and hotter, we noticed more and more the sweaty, sour, locker room smell that many older hotels have as it became more and more prominent It was just a gross room. No free wi-fi. And when we checked out in the morning and reported the a/c problem we were met with a blank stare by the clerk who barely acknowledged my complaint. I just headed out, grateful to leave.

Solid Business Hotel on East Side of Orlando

by TripAdvisor Member Flafreckles

It's all about the sleep experience. A comfortable bed with a nice pillow selection. A great shower with spa showerhead, hot water and plenty of water pressure. The Front Desk staff do a nice job actually listening to the guests. The free internet access was a definite PLUS.

The only drawback is a strangely designed parking lot that doesn't have enough lighting. It was a bit creepy coming back to the hotel alone at night....

the best experience

by TripAdvisor Member dsantiagopr21

the staff in the hotel are the best, we celebrate our wedding in this location and they give to us the best rate a incledible service

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PattyBush

The Hotel was clean and hotel staff were very friendly.
Eve Hunt in the Sales Department was especially helpful with my room and my other hotel stay

Comments