Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Lake Buena Vista

Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort
2220 West First Street
Fort Meyers, FL 33901
Tel : (941)334-3434

Do yourself a favor,don't stay there

Overall I didn't like the holiday Inn Sunspree resort. The rooms we're awful,dark and very small. The kidsuite was falling apart..the guards on the bunkbeds wouldn't prevent a child from falling out. They're were 2 *tiny* draws to put your clothes...we ended up just living out of the suitcase. The maids didn't clean very well..alls they did is make the beds. They rarely restocked our bathroom towels. At one point out card wouldn't open the door ( this is days before check out...) so we had to go down to the front desk to get a new card. They wouldn't issue us a new card without sercurity going up with us to open the door ( thats understandable..) but sercurity took a half hour and after a long day at epcot we didn't enjoy sitting in the lobby for a half hour. The pool area was nice,clean and heated..they had some fun games for the kids.
However the pool bar was never opened..it once appeared opened so i went over they said they we're closed so i then went to the resteraunt inside...the inside resteraunt also said they were closed and the pool bar was open. The guy who worked at the resteraunt inside called up the pool bar and we were sent back over there.. We ordered our food and when i saw the cook using his hands i cancelled my order. However i did have a drink ( pina coloada ) it was very good.

Great place rfor anyone and everyone!

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, we have never had so much fun in our lives the people at the hotel made us very comfortable. We will return to Holiday Inn Sunspree in Orlando, FL.
Great resteraunt, arcade, shop, pool, rooms, service, great, great, great!!

Signed

Going Back For Next Disney Trip

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in August 2003 w/ my boyfriend & 6 yr. old daughter. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and we'll definitely be going back there again for our next Disney trip. The hotel was very affordable, especially w/ the 30 day advance booking discount we got online. The hotel is extremely child-oriented, which was great for us. It was a casual, not fancy sort of hotel, which I personally like. Some other hotels, in my opinion, are TOO fancy, schmancy, especially if you're travelling w/ kids. We didn't stay in a KidSuite, but the room we had was so spacious & clean. We loved the pool area. There was a deli-type store in the lobby, which was great for some quick snacks. As an alternative, there's a 7-11 right next door, which came in handy for us. This hotel offers free shuttle buses to Disney, which is great. There's also a Wendy's right across the street, a couple nice restaurants w/in walking distance & also (not everyone might know this), there's a miniature golf place right a couple blocks away. Overall, we were all very pleased w/ this hotel & plan on staying there again the next time we go to Disney.

great place, no problems here

we just stayed four days at the sunspree, wasn't really sure what we were in for after reading some the reviews. To my surprise when we arrived there, the place was fantastic. We stayed in a kids-suite which was big, very clean and even had a kitchenette. The heated pool area was fantastic. Inside , the lobby had an arcade, a small movie theater with childrens movies on all the time. We ate at the restaurant, dispite some of the negative feedback. The food was really good, and kids eat free all the time. They even have a character tuck in for your little one. and the best part was that they allowed pets!!!, which was a definite plus for us. I would highly recommend this place to anyone with kids 10 and under. Also some great deals if you book online

Sunspree was horrible

by TripAdvisor Member random_reviews_NH

We arrived in Orlando very late at night, and when we got to the hotel, I can't describe our disappointment. The kids' suite was dirty, dark and dismal. Looks nothing like the brochure -its actually set up more like a motel, with every room accessible from the outside. Safety and security should be a high priority, however, not so at the Sunspree.
The door to our room wouldn't stay closed, and the noise from the pool area at all hours of the night was ridiculous. We checked out the next day, and booked into the Disney Coronado Springs - same price, way better hotel.

great place for kids

by TripAdvisor Member pokerolls

our first trip to disney was at this hotel our family had a ball my brothers family went too everybody enjoyed themselves the pool stayed opened till 11pm that was good we went in august so it was real hot the kids hvae a arcade to go to plus a little movie place plus if your on a budget kids eat free so you can spend more at the parks the rooms are great with the bunk beds and the games system for the kids this hotel is great everywhere you go there are alittle problems nothing is perfect so when people tell you this hotel is bad there just picky people this loction in the world is for familys that want to have fun.GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!!!

Couldn't wait to leave!!

by TripAdvisor Member MomCT

It looked kind of cute on the website. I was excited for the kids, I figured they would love it. We stayed in this place for three nights.
The kids suite was dark and dirty. I had to use lysol wipes to clean the place down because it was sticky. You wouldn't believe how dirty the wipes were when I was done. Under the kids beds were crumbs and all kinds of gross things. I hated having a kitchenette because I was sure there were going to be bugs. I don't know how anyone could eat in the room anyway, I could barely drink bottled water. The bathroom was falling apart due to the lack of ventilation. Rust & mold are visible everywhere. The floors actually looked & felt dirty. The noise from the pool made it hard for my three kids to sleep because people kept their kids up until midnight screaming and yelling. The pillows and bed were uncomfortable. I dropped a pen in between the bed and the night stand and almost got sick looking at the crumbs and yes, dry skin pieces on the floor. Someone obviously got too much sun and decided to pull the flakes off of them and leave them on the floor! Our key card didn't work a couple of times, security had to let us in our room and if it rains hard, be prepared to push the puddles away from your door. The room was either too hot or too cold, stuffy might be a better word for it. The morning we checked out, we put our luggage in the car and we went to eat breakfast. (we never ate there so I can't comment on the food) When we got back to use the bathrooms and check to make sure we had everything, the cleaning woman was in the room. She continued to "clean" while we were sitting there. Cleaning the floors, with a broom and a bath towel....yes, the same towels someone will later use for their shower, I saw her pick it up off the floor. She barely vacuumed, which is obvious if you look around. And we tipped this person?! For what?

This was a last minute trip and it's my own fault for going cheap. I should have known better and we should have left. I have no one to blame but myself. I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. My husband thinks the whole thing is hysterical and said it was a good experience for me. Men can deal with these things better then woman. Best of luck to those of you deciding to stay. I hope your experience is a better one.

Actually not too bad...

Our experience with this place was positive on the whole. After staying for a few days at a much higher priced resort which was filthy, this place reeked of bleach when we returned from the Parks, which was oddly reassuring. Our 4 year old was throwing a ball around in the room, and knocked out a light bulb, which was promptly and cheerfully replaced, although don't know why they needed to send 2 guys to do it. Yes, the rooms aren't luxurious and they are dated and dark (which is probably a good thing in Orlando in the summer). But since we were spending the entire day at the Parks and using the room only to sleep, it didn't seem to matter that much. We loved the separate room for our son.

Comments