Homewood Suites By Hilton

Travelocity Booking.com Tingo.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 51% more than other 3.5 star hotels

• selconcierge's Profile Photo

The Best on I Drive

I always stay at the Homewood Suites on American Way off of International Drive because of the closeness of the property to Universal Studios. After trying many different hotels along I Drive, I have found this hotel to be the best value. Homewood is an all suite property but these suites are larger than most and include a full size kitchen with full size appliances. Free breakfast and dinner (sunday-thursday for dinner) are also big amenities. The property is new and very bright and clean. The staff are always cheerful and ready to assist with any needs or concerns. The pool area is great for sun lovers. I have stayed here twice and highly recommend it to anyone!!!

Unique Quality: This hotel is within an easy 15 minute walk to the heart of the Universal resort.

Directions: Located off of International Drive behind Skull Kingdom and across the street from Wet n Wild.

More about Homewood Suites By Hilton

Universal Studios Orlando

by meteorologist1

Another excellent theme park in the Orlando area, Universal Studios Orlando offers visitors a journey into many award-winning movies through rides and performances. Movies such as Shrek, Jaws, ET, Men in Black, and Twister each has its own unique, unforgettable attraction. The streets in the park are filled with restaurants and shops, and there is usually a daily parade in the middle of the day. Just outside the park is Universal Orlando's CityWalk, a very popular nightlife spot. This park should be tons of fun for both adults and kids.

Getting around in Florida is...

by Martin.Daser

Getting around in Florida is best by car.
Lucky you, if you get the perfect car for southern countries ...

Seen in Universal Studios, Orlando.

Universal Studios Orlando

by cobrioc

The umbrella title for Universal's Florida theme park and resort complex, Universal Studios Escape now covers the original Universal Studios park the Island of Adveture opened 1999,City Walk and a growing portfolio of on-site hotels.
Though Disney has the higher profile, Universal is a clear winner in the eyes of many visitors to Orlando.

Both the Universal parks are strong on rides and ideally suited to teen and adults visitors in search of serious thrills and fun. Universal Studios Florida
A movie oriented theme park grafted onto a working film and television production facility.
Universal Studios invites quest to ride the movies on a 444-acre site divided into six themed districts, coverign the Deco and palm tress of Hollywood, to Fisherman's Wharf meets New Englad San Fransisco/Amity.
Open daily, admission expensive.
1000 Universal Studios Plaza I-4 exit29 or 30-B.

fantastic hotel!

If you are considering staying at the Homewood Suites, universal, you will definately NOT be disappointed. It is the best hotel we've ever staying in. It is spotless clean, lovely spacious rooms (we are a family of five). Friendly staff. The breakfast buffet has something for everyone, and the managers evening reception is an added bonus. The rooms were very well serviced (fresh towels everyday). Centrally located to international drive, the hotel is between wet n wild and universal studios. We can't recommend it highly enough and will definately be staying there on our next visit to Orlando. You'd me mad to stay anywhere else!

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member limericklassie

came back 3 weeks ago from orlando, had a brilliant time. Two famillies, 3 teenagers 1 pre teen and 4 adults. We stayed at the Homewood Suites Universal just off IDrive. fantastic. Rooms spacious and clean, staff very friendly and helpful [hi Tanya, Heather & Jamal]. Free breakfast which is very good .Honestly couldnt find nothing wrong with it, all the reviews were spot on on.Will definatley be going back. We didnt hire a car this time [got lost last time comming from airport[ and had no trouble getting around. Check it out its a great hotel EXCELLENT

This Hotel is GREAT!!

by TripAdvisor Member Tiggerfan2000

Just got back from a stay at the Homewood Suites near Universal (on Hospitality Way). We were there for 8 nights. I picked this hotel based on the reveiws from this site and was very happy. The staff are wonderful - from the desk manager to housekeeping. Check in was a snap. Our room consisted of a full kitchen, living room with pull out sofa and a seperate very large bedroom with 2 queen beds. Off from the bedroom is the bathroom. The sink is out side the door that leads to the bathroom so that made it nice. While one was showering someone else could be drying their hair.

The room and entire hotel was spotless. Even the grounds including the pool and hot tub. Everything was clean! When we checked in (at 9:00 pm) and got to our room there was two bottles of water and a snack waiting for us.

Some of the reviews on this site have been a little negative regarding the breakfast. I don't know what else anyone could ask for. Everyday there was scrambled eggs, alternating each day between sausage, bacon or ham. There is a waffle station that was a big hit with my daughter. There was 3 kinds of cereal, two kinds of fruit, yogarts, muffins, donuts, danish, breads, etc. In other words. If you couldn't find what you wanted here - you wouldn't find it any where else. The food was really good and the coffee terriffic!

Mon - Thur there is a two hour (from 5:00 - 7:00 pm) Managers Reception with open bar. They also serve a light meal. Always a salad and alternated between entree: One night it was Mac & Cheese with hotdogs, one night it was chicken tenders and corn, Meatball subs, chili and rice, chicken dumplings. Between the breakfast and evening meals we saved a lot of money on food. Often we arrived after the reception but we had gone to the supermarket and stocked our in-room kitchen - so also saved a lot of money. There is a Cracker Barrel a mile down the road that serves nice dinners from a section of their menu for only $6.99 per person. Just one block up is Sweet Tomatoes. A huge buffet that offers salads, select meats, pastas, soups, dessert, etc.

The hotel is located in a prime spot if your planning to go to Universal Studios. It took us about 3 min to drive there.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would plan on staying ONLY here the next time I am in town.

One of the Best Suites we ever stayed at.

by TripAdvisor Member Apr20_2010

We Stayed at the Homewood Suites in April. The hotel was clean. I mean spotless!! We have plenty on room with a family of four. The breakfast was very good, more than I expected. The manager's reception was a hit with my husband. I maid was excellent. the room was cleaned every day, you wouldn't know we had two kids with us.
One of our best vacations in a long time. Will look forward to returning next year.

very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelnforfun

we stayed June 8-15 and loved this hotel there was a full breakfast in the morning, and shuttle service to universal, Islands of adventure and City Walk. We rented a car and went to the malls and shops ect. Very good Location close to Disney, Universal, Malls, Bass Pro, Airport, Seaworld,ect. The staff was very nice and tried to be very helpful when you needed them.
My only complaint with the our whole stay was that we reserved a smoking room and got a non smoking room-and there was only one washer and one dryer on the third and fifth floor for all the guests. There are smoking areas outside so we had a place to smoke. This is a very nice hotel I highly reccommend this hotel.

Universal Studios - Orlando, FL

by Martin.Daser

"At the Entrance"

One of the most exciting attractions is Universal Studios.
It is really exciting to be there on Fat Tuesday to take place in the "Mardi Gras" party.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, ORLANDO

by ROBRON

My family and I (myself, my husband and 2 boys aged 14 & 10) are going to Orlando in May. We want to stick mostly with Universal studios. I have heard about buying coupons at the gate to get on the rides faster. Is this worth it? We picked a supposidly slow time of the year to go but I keep hearing conflicting information about lines in the parks. We are not going back to Disney just because of a bad experience with the extreme lines so I don't want this trip ruined just because I wanted to save a few bucks. Any information or tips about Universal would be greatly appreciated.

Re: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, ORLANDO

by donato1899

I like Universal.
We stay at the Potrofino Hotel. There are two other hotels on the grounds, Hardrock and a polynesian one I have never stayed at. They are not cheap, but they are very nice, I consider them a good value.
With your room key you go to a different line to get on the rides. The only people in line with you are the others at those three hotels.
I would never do Universal any other way.

Re: Re: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, ORLANDO

by babsinpbg

We were at Islands of Adventure this past weekend. You can purchase an "express pass" for US $25.00 when you enter the park. This allows you to use the express lines for the rides which are very short. Although the park was pretty crowded, the longest we waited for a ride was about 30 minutes. They do move quickly. Another option is the "single rider" line. Using this line, you will probably not sit together as they use the single riders to fill in when there is an empty spot or two. We used this line a few times and generally rode right behind each other or a few rows apart. Better than waiting 30 minutes. Have a great time!

Re: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, ORLANDO

by PegR

If you stay at one of the Universal properties than your room key will act as an Express Pass allowing you to bypass the regular line.

The other option is to purchase an Express Pass for $25 on top of the admission fee. You will be given tickets to ride each attraction attraction during a specific time window.

You can also skip the extra expense and just get the Express Pass tickets (similar to Disney's FastPass program) at machines outside of the attractions for the newer more popular rides - Shrek 4D, Alien Encounter, Jimmy Neutron. Get them early so you'll have your pick of the best return times.

I have been to the park in May the last 3 years over Memorial Day weekend and the lines really weren't that long.

The park puts up signs throughout the park alerting you as to how long the waits are at the different rides. This is helpful because you can plan your route and don't waste time criss crossing the park only to find out that the ride has too long of a wait.

Comments