Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center

Homewood Suites Orlando/International Drive/Convention Center
Hotels.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Nice Hotel in Handy Location

We stayed at the Homewood Suites late Oct 2005 and enjoyed everything about the hotel.

The staff were extremely helpful. The rooms were spacious/clean with a separate bedroom and living room - there was also complimentary wireless internet access. The hot breakfast was incredible and very popular with all guests – you have the option of eating in the dining area or taking the food back to your room. The location on International Drive is close to a number of major attractions and plenty of good shopping centres and factory outlets.

Must also mention that the management were excellent at keeping the guests up to date with any activities relating to Hurricane Wilma.

Overall very good value for money and we would highly recommend the Homewood Suites to anyone.

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

All-Suites

Highly recommended; for families, couples, business, etc. This is a nice location because it is close enough to the convention center (for convention travelers) and 2 minutes from Universal. Kinda far from the Disney parks, but that's why we got a rental car...

Unique Quality: Very spacious, every room is a two room suite. Breakfast buffet is awesome; good quality, variety, etc.

Directions: I-Drive

• Great Home Base

Stayed here in June 2003 with my husband and teenage son. Great room, great location and great price. The pool isn't going to make any Top Ten Lists but it cools you down after a long day at the parks. There is a hottub too. The free breakfast in the morning is good and there's a good selection. The fold-out sofa was perfect for my son. The seperate bedroom for my husband and I, priceless!

Unique Quality: View of Fireworks at Uniserval Studios on Forth of July from Room/Parking Lot.

Directions: Across the highway from Universal Studios

More about Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center

you are in for a treat !!!

if you are going to stay at homewood suites i.drive you are in for a treat. We are just back on 22 may after staying for two weeks. The suites are lovely and clean and comfortable. There are plenty of choices of things to eat at breakfast, cereals, fruit juices, eggs, waffles, toast, muffins tea and coffee. The managers special is great, some nights its italian or mexican or pizza or chinese. The staff in hotel are all friendly. Rooms are spotless and linen changed every other day. Pool is heated and the hot tub is an extra treat!! I would always recommend this place to anyone, and if i was to go back to florida, i would stay here again, no question. Think the person who wrote bad report about this place has mixed names up, no way is that bad report a description of homewood suites on i. drive.

Would definately come back here

by TripAdvisor Member Dianec53

I am amazed by the bad review as I was there between 10-24 April 2004. The hotel was very clean, the staff were very efficient and the rooms were cleaned daily (sheets as well).

The breakfast and the buffet at night were very good and the location of the hotel is excellent if you are a non driver.

I would definately go back to the homewood suites.

Great family site

Just returned from 9 nights at Homewood Suites-Int'l Dr. Breakfast was outstanding every day--and we grabbed bagels, PB, and fruit for a light lunch as we left breakfast. The eve reception is so-so for food. Pool is nice--its location in courtyard helped keep sun exposure down for kids but still warm and some sun for tanning. Our room in the back of hotel was quiet--but perhaps ask for a room overlooking pool for better view, as the hotel is surrounded by empty lots and parking. Room slightly worn in spots and housekeeping pleasant, but inconsistent in timing. We rented a car and found it was definitely worth it for making the 15 minute drives to WDW and other attractions. The shuttle from the hotel only leaves three times/day--very limiting. Free parking and plenty of places to eat nearby. Paid $89/night via travelocity.

Great hotel--terrible shuttle

We stayed at the Homewood for 4 days at the end of June. The one-bedroom room was an excellent price for all the amenities--full fridge, stovetop, microwave, toaster, all utensils we needed, plus 2 tvs and a vcr. Breakfasts were decent and well-supplied even though the hotel was booked solid. My only complaint was the free shuttle to Universal: the one time we tried to take it, it took over an hour to get to the parks! And that was in the afternoon when the shuttle was less crowded. It makes stops at 3 or 4 other hotels, and then went up I-Drive and its daily traffic jam. After that experience, we took a taxi to and from the parks--about $10 each way, and only a 10 minute trip.

Great Suites, great deal

by TripAdvisor Member lisatravels

I stayed here for about a week for a conference and was very pleased with my experience. The suite was roomy, clean and everything was in good condition. Kitchen had full-sized refrigerator, stove, microwave, and, to my surprise, a dishwasher. We couldn't find soap for dishwasher, but then found out housekeeping will load and run dishwasher for you. Free breakfast buffet was generous - eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles (make your own in waffle maker), assortment of cereals, etc. and the staff did a good job of keeping everything stocked and cleaning the dining room. I was impressed by the manager's reception. I only got to it once (it's served M-Th), but I was surprised at how much was provided. If you are a light eater it could be dinner. Each night has a theme and on the night I went it was Mexican: beef burritos, assorted vegetables, rice dish, soup, bean salad, salsa & tortillas, cheese & crackers, wine, beer & other drinks. Price of this hotel is a real deal for all that is offered. I was in town for a conference & it was about half mile walk to the convention center with free wireless connection in room. There are also some nice restaurants nearby. We went to the Bahama Breeze (across the parking lot) several times & enjoyed good food and fun drinks. The one disadvantage of the hotel is limited storage space - there is only one dresser and a regular sized hotel closet, so if you're bringing the family and staying awhile expect to be living from a suitcase. Hotel staff were nice, but several seemed to be new as they couldn't direct us to a restroom (!) or give the correct directions to one of the hotel rooms.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member Oxford_UKFamily_of_5

We were booked into this hotel by "Take me on Vacation", and we were very pleased with the comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast and teas, and efficient staff. The manager took an interest in us, and helped us when Hurricane Charley messed up our travel plans. For the best rooms, pay for an upgrade to the 3-room suite. We have three girls and it was well worth the extra for them to have some space and their own bathroom. I'm fussy about hotels, but this was excellent. (Stayed Aug 2004)

Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member flossy_h

I stayed at this hotel from 2nd Sept-9th Sept and the service that I recieved from the hotel staff was excellent. I stayed whilst Hurricane Frances was over Florida and the hotel kept us informed everyday of what attractions, shops and restaurants where open, what to do during the hurricane to remain safe, they just could not do enough for you.
The room was excellent (415) clean and had all the amenities you could need including popcorn!
It is situated right in the centre of international drive with a few good resturants nearby and Pointe Orlando a five minute walk away.
I would recommend this hotel to others and I hope to go back next year!

Homewood Suites, International Drive

by sian123

We are planning a trip to Orlando next spring. We don't want to hire a car but plan to use shuttle buses. Can anyone tell us what the free shuttle service is like from Homewood Suites. Does it go to Universal and Disney? Also, any info on this Hotel would be much appreciated. We haven't booked yet - still undecided.
Thanks in advance!

RE: RE: Homewood Suites, International Drive

by jjjenny

I just looked at some information on the hotel and it says they do have a free shuttle to Universal and to Disney. However, you might contact the hotel just to double check. Here is the phone number 407-248-2232

RE: Homewood Suites, International Drive

by mickey.p0507

Lovely Place to Stay but a bit of a walk to the 192. Approx 15 mins, not bad if you don't mind walking.

They do also offer shuttle's but I never used them - from what I've heard they can be a bit irregular!

We stayed here in November 2004 and my family stayed in September 2002 and we all love it. I can't understand the bad reports that I have read recently though, however it was sold after we were last there and I know they were doing it up.

Hope this helps!