4985 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy, Orlando, Florida, 34746, United States

Orbitz.com HoJo.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 37% less but rated 38% lower than other 2 star hotels

• Wonderful!

Had an advanced booking for two nights but arrived a day early to avoid traveling in a snowstorm. Staff was gracious and welcoming and gave us the same reduced rate we had paid for the original stay. Room was nicely appointed and very clean. Quiet and calm environment. Staff was responsive and friendly, and free breakfast was the best hotel continental breakfast we've had. Would definitely stay here again if we are here. Thank you, Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Kissimmee, for making our visit so enjoyable!

• ALSantos's Profile Photo

Don't Stay here

This hotels exterior was well maintained but don't let that fool you. The inside was decent however everything from the bed to the toilet seat was broken. The pool area was nice however there were no towels we had to ask the front desk twice for towels and i took them 20 minutes to bring them out. The breakefast is also a scam, I partly chose this hotel because it braggged a full breakfast buffet. The buffet consisted of a few pieces of overcooked bacon and sausage, eggs and yogurt. All for $6.00. Thats expensive compared to all the other breakfast places that charge $3.99 for a n actual buffet.

More about Howard Johnson Enchanted Land Hotel

Dirty

by TripAdvisor Member Constructionmanager

When my family arrived at this 'so-called' hotel/motel after a long flight from the UK, we were greeted by a most unhelpful 'behind desk' clerk. We were told our request for a ground floor room (US first floor) had been overlooked and we would have to accept a first floor (US second floor) room. This was a big problem, as my wife has mobility problems. However, after a phone call from the tour operator emergency line rep, the clerk proceded to make some amendments to enable my family to have a ground floor room. This turned out to be dirty: an empty drink can lying beside the bed, dead insects on the floor, old food lying on the floor, splattered food on the TV an other items in the room - I could go on. Fortunately, our holiday was saved by our holiday rep, who moved us to another hotel down US Highway 192, which was fabulous. I would not recommend Ho Jo to anybody, and am most disappointed by the whole experience.

Beds Are Way Too Hard

We just return and i just want you to know that its a wonderful place except for the mattress, Its hard and non of us were able to get to sleep. We would not return because of the hard beds, besides that its a great and friendly place.

Best Rate Guarantee will not be honored

This review covers two parts-This location and the Howard Johnson's lack of follow through on their so called "guarantee".

I cannot emphasize enough that anyone finding a rate that sounds good-snatch it up! After locating a rate well below the publicized rate on the HOJO website, I attempted to cash in on their "Best Rate Guarantee" Policy by following their directions, including-sending them the internet address of the better rate. Amazingly enough that rate was mysteriously pulled almost immediately after pointing it out to Howard Johnsons. I then sumbitted yet another link of a much lower rate. That rate too mysteriously disappeared by the next morning. Even after submitting faxed proof of what the rate had been advertised at prior to notifying Howard Johnsons, they refused to honor their guarantee. Bottom line I way overpaid for this room as it was too late to cancel/change my reservations as required by their reservation policy once they had strung me along for a long weekend plus two business days. This location can be reserved for as low as $31 a night(without a multi night stay) and even calling the hotel direct and speaking to the manager will locate a discount rate well below the internet direct rate.

Now for the review of this location. This hotel is fine as a bargain location. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. For $30-45 a night (depending on the season) it is a bargain. I asked for and received a room with a fridge and microwave at no additional charge. The appliances were new. There was also a coffemaker and a blowdryer in the room. The room was not overly clean but not "filthy" either. The carpets were stained and while the main areas were vacuumed, there was a bit of buildup around the baseboards. The sheets and bedding were very clean and of a fairly good quality. Also I found the mattresses to be neither too hard nor sagging or worn. The largest cleanliness problem that I encountered was that the bathroom was covered in textured wallpaper which had blackmold patches trapped within the textured grooves. Housekeeping deffinately needs to make a practice of wiping down the bathroom walls. Housekeeping had also failed to remove a used piece of soap from the tub that had been left by previous guest, with that exception the tub was clean. Also the tub itself will probably need to be replaced in the very near future. It had a "dip" in it that appeared to be created by some sort of patch repair that covered the entire tub floor. It caused a little pool of water to always stand in the bottom just in front of the drain, but the tub was otherwise in working order. The pool/hot tub appeared very clean though we did not use them. The desk clerks were VERY friendly and acted as if they genuinely attempted to remedy my problems with home headquarters reservations/charges. The worst attribute I found of this location is that my room faced the neighboring hotels dumpsters (Red Roof Inn) which are disposed of every morning at 5 a.m. in a very noisy manner! By traveling northwest on SR 535(Vineland Rd) you can reach some Disney locations as quickly as on property hotels. So if you have a good map this is a very good location for those looking for a decent cheap location to the parks. Like I said you get what you pay for and if you shop around and locate one of the aforementioned rates, its a pretty good deal for just a place to sleep while visiting the parks.

Believe what you read!!

I read each review posted on the website(each a couple of times) after I had booked our room. I wish I would of read them before.. We stayed in the Kids Tree House room nice concept, but terrible execution. The room is to small to fit two bunk beds and a double bed, dresser and a bathroom. We requested a room close to the pool because of our children. Bad Move, unless you enjoy your whole family being woke up at 7:30 A.M. on your vacation by the pool help draging the pool chairs(about 23to30 of them) around on conrete every morning. The IceCream party they boast about is pathetic.. The pool itself is okay..We found our food coming up missing on a daily basis(housekeeping got hungry I quess?).. We did complain and they sent the maid down to our room to try and pay for the food.I learned the true meaning of you only "Get What You Pay For"

Comments