Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center

8741 International Drive, (formerly AmeriSuites), Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• carebearhay's Profile Photo

Not the best hotel

Had a nightmare on check in both times we stayed here. We went down to Florida keys for 3 days and then came back.

This stay was pre booked with Bon Voyage in the UK

They could not find a reservation on both occasions but eventually after hour first time and 20 minutes second time they did find reservation although it was a senior member of staff who had to come along to find it.

Once in the room the stay was ok nothing special but it was fairly cheap.

Directions: Near the convention centre

More about Hyatt Place Orlando/Convention Center

Absolutley the worst hotel I have ever stayed at....

by TripAdvisor Member THEROOKIEKC

We have just returned from a weeklong stay at the Hyatt Place Orlando Convention Center. This is the most disgusting hotel we have ever stayed at. We booked our hotel via the hotel website and since the website was impressive and it's a Hyatt... we thought we would be very pleased with the hotel. Ah- no... unfortunatly, we booked a really good rate of $111.00 per night (during Spring Break) that was 100% non-refundable... so we had no choice but to stay or to pay for two hotels.

Yes, the hotel has been renovated... or so they say. The hotel lobby is currently being renovated... no big deal- you don't stay in the lobby that long anyways. The rooms - totally different story. The rooms being renovated means basically, putting in a new TV (which is a plasma - the only plus for the hotel) and new bedding. The L-shape couch and ottoman had stains all over them. The carpet had two large red stains and the door stop was sitting next to the door and a hole in the floor. The bathroom was completely revolting... Behind the stool was black mold.. the shower had black mold all over and the shower was stuffed up. The room reeked of mold. Our airconditioner leaked everyday as well.

I immediately called down to the front desk and requested to speak to the hotel manager. I was told no managers were on staff that day (hard to believe during one of thier busiest seasons) and that they would forward my concerns the next day. Still- never heard back so I called the next afternoon and requested another room or to have the current room scrubbed down. When we returned to our room, mold and stains were still present. As a mother of two children that need to take baths daily, this was not an option for us. I could not bare for my children to face black mold in a disgusting tub. The next two days our room was simply ignored by housekeeping. This is totally unacceptable.

The pool is small and was infested with bugs. I wouldn't let my children set a foot in the pool.. there is no telling what lies in there...

Overall, I was incredibly disapointed. I am in the travel industry and would NEVER put a client in this hotel or any other Hyatt Place for that matter.

Do yourself a favor and book another hotel - if you have children, book a Disney Property... or if you want out of the Disney area... The JW Marriott is incredible and has a very nice pool/lazy river/play area.

Trust this review- stay elsewhere!!!!!!!!

The stay was fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member donnman

We booked this hotel thru Priceline and were able to secure a price of $60 per night for Spring Break week 2007 (April 2-9, 2007). The hotel has recently been renovated. It appears that the renovations are almost completely done with the exception of the area off the check in lobby were the elevators are located.

First let me tell you that we arrived several hours earlier than expected. One phone call to the front desk prior to our arrival was all it took. They were able to check us in early, and by early I mean about 4:00am. Our drive from Michigan went faster than we thought. The check in process was fairly smooth with the exception of a hold being placed on my credit card even though I had already paid thru Priceline. Apparently upon our check in the desk mistakenly used our card instead of the Priceline number that gets billed for the room. No matter, this mistake was taken care of quickly and with no problems!

Back to check in....the gentleman who got us in was extremely pleasant and we really appreciated getting a place to stay so early in the morning after a LONG drive. When we got up to the room it was in great shape. Very clean and tidy. The giant plasma TV was a nice plus. We booked two double beds and they were very comfy as was the sleeper sofa. Overall the room was very nice. There is a small refrigerator and a safe in the room that is available for your stay at no charge, we took advantage of both. Other than the small bathroom I would have to say the room was perfect for our family of 4, which includes myself, wife, 13 year old son and 12 year old daughter.

We took advantage of the FREE breakfast each morning. Nothing super special, scrambled eggs, sausage, variety of muffins, breads, and bagels. They also had cereal, milk and juices. Saved us $$$ each morning as we rushed out of the hotel and over to Universal Studios. When not at the parks we took advantage of the outdoor pool. The pool area is clean and towels are supplied. The pool itself was very nice, heated and clean. There is no hot tub / sauna in case you are wondering. They also have a small exercise area with two treadmills, a stair climber and a stationary bike. The room was very clean and the equipment seemed fairly new.

As far as the hotel staff, I found them ALL to be very friendly and always helpful! We were greeted each morning with a "Good Morning." Each night that we came back we were welcomed back and asked about our day. I've read some of the reviews about the staff not being friendly but I didn't have that problem at all!!

Here is a tip, stay off of International Drive...it is a madhouse. You can use Universal Drive which runs behind the hotel and has very little traffic!!! It will take you right to Universal Studios and to I-4 if you are going over to Disney. There are also many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as the usual souvenir shops. If you plan on taking a shuttle to the parks there isn't one available from this hotel. There is something called the I-train (trolley that runs on International Drive) but we didn't look at this option as we drove down with our own vehicle.

All in all we were very happy with our stay at the Amerisuites Orlando Convention Center and would stay again!

I have attached some photos with this review.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel that is clean, safe and comfortable then this is the place for you. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Almost Perfect for my daughter and I

by TripAdvisor Member Exhaling

Amersuites:

Check in-relatively easy. Allowed Early Check-in. Not an issue.

The first floor is going through some renovations like the earlier poster said. I concur that the floor will be beautiful when complete.

Room 705: In room safe, sectional couch with sleeper, modern work desk, 42 INCH PLASMA TV, 2 phone (one is cordless), cool view of city.

Close to many restaurants: Dennys, Ponderosa, Mexican Restaurant, seafood Restaurant, Tony Romas. There is a supermarket across the street. The visitors center in in front of the hotel. Does not have complimentary shuttle but they will call a taxi.......do not use this-call your own taxi through Mears. ...CHEAPER......or take the I-Ride Trolley up and down International. If driving Universal Rd is easier to drive and less congested. Approxiamately 9.75 total for Universal. total not per person.

Breakfast: OK. Bagels a little hard one morning, but they did bring the cream cheese back.

ONLY HOTEL ISSUE: Housekeeping never showed up on Monday, I went down to get my own towels around 8 pm. Front Desk stated that there were some training issues. Second day, not a full clean up job, but I kept thinking hey I paid 35 dollars through priceline and I have a 42 INCH Plasma TV.

Really good..going to be great!

by TripAdvisor Member TheMorins

My wife and I stayed at the Amerisuites Orlando Convention Center over easter weekend 2007. The rooms were immaculate and the 42in Plasma TV's are wonderful. The entertainment options in your room were the best I have seen. Including premium sports packages such as NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings etc. The bed was very comfortable, as was the plush L-shaped sofa. The only drawback to the room is the size of the bathroom, its a little snug! This location is soon to be a Hyatt Place, they are in the middle of lobby renovations now. Im sure that when all of the work is complete this hotel will be great.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member travelerMelbourne

Stayed here four nights. The location is excellent. It's technically located on I-drive, but is physically behind Denny's & Boston Lobster feast (there's a sign on I-drive). This means it's quieter. There's carparking right on site.

The hotel is being re-badged as Hyatt place. It's clean, the beds are comfortable, there's a huge TV, but it's 3-stars and what you pay is what you get. Bathroom was in need of a renovation. Air-cond was noisy. No bugs. All the staff are very friendly. Had no trouble checking-in at past midnight due to flight delays.

Price includes breakfast - cereal (3 types), juice, coffee, tea, variety of bagels/muffins, toast, scrambled eggs, burgers, fresh fruit.

Plenty of reastaurants across whole price range within walking distance. There's a supermarket across the road or at I-ride stop 20 (Goodings). Walgreens is close-by (I-ride stop 26). There's a tourist info centre right next door where you can pick up tickets and I-trolley pass.

I-ride stop is right in front on I-drive (stop 24). I-ride is great value for those visitors without a car to get to reastaurants on I-drive, some attractions (such as seaworld, wet & wild, but not Disney or Universal) and outlet shopping. No shuttle service, but Mr Browne (ask front desk) provides excellent car service to all the local attrcations at reasonable cost.

Nice stay...May 11th-14th 2007

by TripAdvisor Member BanditoBurrito1

Paid $40 for a room via Priceline and couldn't have been happier. Basically the place is what it is...they're doing some renovating and whatnot but I never heard a peep from any of the construction folks at all. New 42' plasma's made for enjoyable TV watching before leaving for the day & coming back at night. Pool was certainly much cleaner than a previous post which stated it was filled with bugs. No, they're not technically re-doing the entire room, carpets, window's etc but they've got new fixtures, beds, bedding, curtains and more so it's a great room for the price. There was only two of us so obviously room for kids wasn't an issue. Location is great too! You can walk to bars/restaurants/entertainment all day long if you've gotta!

If you can grab a deal on a bidding site...

by TripAdvisor Member SenoraGilbert

Having gotten this hotel for $34 a night on a popular opaque site, I was quite pleased. However, the housekeeping is dragging the facility down.

We were given a king room right by the elevator, without the corner sofa, but still spacious and comfortable. Be aware that the popular opaque site claims this hotel has a kitchenette, it does not. It does have a wet bar and mini fridge. I received credit from the opaque site for pointing out this problem, but the site has not changed this listing.

The breakfast was mediocre, with waffles only on one morning and the rest of the time, the breads got staler and harder, until the morning of our departure, when some of the bagels were moldy!

We received maid service only one day, and that was only to make the bed and replace the towels. Sinks were not cleaned, vacuuming not done, etc. The management apologized for this, but I feel that before this property becomes Hyatt Place and attempts to cater to business clients, they must work on housekeeping!

As mentioned, the pool is small and deserted, often a bit dirty, with the unavoidable backswimmers. Truly, we found the pool to be wonderful, mostly because it was so deserted!

Good Hotel at a great location

by TripAdvisor Member sandy280

Got a great deal through hotwire. Following are my impressions about the hotel

* Good Location - International Drive
* Good Facilities - Room has 42 inch flat tv, refrigerator, free internet, safe
* Clean hotel
* Friendly staff
* Free printer near lobby
* Free continental breakfast
* Microwave available in breakfast room
* Free coffee 24X7
* checkin/checkout kiosk

Cons
* average breakfast - same everyday
* no microwave in room, even though it is called a suite
* sink is outside bathroom - bathroom is small
* breakfast room and elevator have a weird smell
* no in house restaurant
* bed is good - but not the best ( I usually stay at Marriot. Marriots have better beds)

A very nice place to stay...just one little problem.

by TripAdvisor Member jnik

I selected this hotel for a three night stay over several others nearby because I wanted to experience a stay in a Hyatt hotel. Even though it isn't a Hyatt Regency, it does offer a real step up from most mid-priced hotels.
Like other hotels on this stretch of International Drive, the Hyatt Place is set back from the Avenue, tucked away behind restaurants facing out. In this case, behind a Denny's and Boston Lobster Feast.
It has just been remodled from an Amerisuites, and the lobby is quite modern with two computers with internet access just off the side. Starbuck's coffee and teas are offered at the sign in desk. There is a dining room that appears to be finished but is taped off. Breakfast is served in a room aft of the main desk. Scrambled eggs and sausage patties are available along with the standard Continental Breakfast items. I didn't notice any cereal, however. There is a pool, but I didn't use it.
The rooms are large; not quite "suites", as in separate living and bedrooms, but dividers give the impression of that. Besides the bed(s), there is a big sectional sofa and coffee table, a desk, a sink and fridge, walk-in closet, decent size bathroom, and the hook for me - a wide screen HD TV! I had heard tales of pilferage of guest rooms at the other Hyatt Place, so I kept a "Do not disturb" sign on my door the whole time. Therefore I can't comment on the room staff. There are no bell people; one must get a cart and transport one's own luggage to/from the room.
All this sounds nearly perfect, except that they don't have a park shuttle! This is a major handicap IMHO.To get to the parks, you need to have arrived in a car, or rented one upon arrival, or take your chances with Lynx Transit or the I-Drive Trolley. Those last two stop in front of the restaurants facing the street, but not at the same place. The stops are about 100 meters apart. You need to stand equidistant between the two stops prepared to make a mad dash to the appropriate stop when you spot a conveyance approaching. Or perhaps phone a cab. Or try to hail one on the street. Or use a neighboring hotel's shuttle.
Still in all, I recommend this hotel; so long as you have a car.

Comments