Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Tags

Family Travel Business Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

Worst ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 30, 2012

I do not recommend this at all. We booked out reservation on hotels.com. We had a great choice on accommodations but when weighing all choices we opt on this location BIG MISTAKE. They are looking to take as much money they can by adding to you your bill a series of extra fees starting with a mandatory $22.00 a day for amenities, a $25.00 for valet parking (which you would think its amenities include valet), or self park of $12.00 but you would have to walk a mile to the entrance of the hotel. You have to wait for your car over 30 minutes in valet. They charge in room service 22% plus an additional $3.50 for the service. And I could go on forever. But if I had a choice to do it all over this hotel would not be an option. The desk manager Kenneth basically told me that I had to talk to my booking agent and ask them to pay the fee, but the fee is charged by the hotel not them. They are uncooperative not helpful, customer service not even to mention. Deceitful and rude.

Unique Quality: Facilities great, clean, good location, great food, bad customer service and price overcharge in anyway they can for anything.

Directions: Near Disney parks and hotels

Best Outdoor Pool in Florida

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 1, 2011

This hotel has the most beautiful pool I have ever found in any location in Florida. For that reason alone, I would probably stay here again. However, it would be a brief stay as in the last year or two they have changed their room decor to a modernistic style that is neither comforting nor relaxing. Their previous mix of English country decor was far more luxurious, and more satisfying.

I have had financial haggles with the front desk on check-out, and had to correct their calculations. This is not something one expects in a five-star hotel.

Unique Quality: The parrots in the lobby remind me of the ones that graced the lobby of the Polynesian Resort in WDW 15 years ago!

The pool is over 1 acre, includes two water slides, and a grotto cave bar.

Fireworks at the WDW parks can be viewed from the rooms that face the parks.

Directions: Near Downtown Disney

Do Not Stay Here!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2011

This is a very shady hotel when it comes their fees and pricing. Following is an email I have sent to the company. It might sound like a big ramble, but I'm fuming right now and I really don't even know how to put into words everything that happened. Just be very aware of this hotel and if you have already stayed, better check your bank statement as they are very well know for extra charges that you may not have even know about.

I would just like to bring to your attention my experience during my recent visit. I was there for a conference with my room rate at 109 a night. I was staying for 3 nights. I had my room reserved with my debit card (which has never been a problem at any other hotel EVER!) Your hotel wanted a credit card from me so they could hold upwards to $800 on it! I was there for conference not for fun, this was most certainly not a figure I was expecting to have to pay upon arrival and I didn't budget for it. Plus all the fees just didn't add up right to me anyway...After going back and forth with the woman (Barbara) and asking her to take out a calculator so I could see what exactly she was charging me for we agreed that my charges would be about $400, plus she added a $75 fee to this that I would get back when I checked out on Sunday. I go to the atm come back 2 minutes later and she is asking me for over $500 , I argued that after going over figures we had JUST agreed on $485, she goes and tells me that was before paying the $75 fee. I insist that she shows me her calculations again and this time it actually came out to be $10 less than the original. I tell her I want to know what is going on because none of this is adding up right, especially when I show up here expecting to pay $109 a night. Her response to me was lets not go tit for tat over $10! I'm thinking...are you kidding me!! This is not up for negotiation, a price is a price, either it costs a certain amount or it doesn't. Anyway I then hand her $500 and she refuses to give me the change I should be getting back (about $15) She says I'm not giving this back to you, you can have it on Sunday. I then demand a printed out receipt because all of this is just not right, she refuses to give me a printed out receipt. I tell her I want to talk to a manager and all of a sudden I get a receipt, and my total is just about $400, right where I thought it should have been in the first place. But she still wouldn't give me the rest of my money back, that I would have to wait to get when I check out. So at this point I give up, I tell her I will be expecting my money back when I check out on Sunday and I have this receipt to prove it. She says, yup won't be a problem. So I go and check out on Sunday and wouldn't you know it's Barbara again..and I can't check out just yet because she says I owe the hotel another $330..where is she getting these figures from?? I have no idea!! I hand over my receipt and explain no way you actually owe me money, she says she not giving me my money back and I have to pay what I owe, she tells me that the receipt I'm holding is only for a one nights stay at your resort. So all of a sudden my $109 night room went to $400??!!! I tell her that is not what we went over on Friday, she then acts like some light bulb just went off in her head and says oh yea I remember you, she then tries to give me $60 back. Now my receipt says I should be getting $100, I ask her where the rest of the money went...she said it was for a resort fee, (which we had already argued about and figured out and added into my bill that friday) So I tell her no, that was already included, it's right here in black and white. I finally tell her that I would like to speak to a manager and all of sudden she says she'll give me my $100 back. I don't know what Barbara is doing here or what she is doing with extra money that she requesting from guests but that isn't being recorded into your system, but it might be something that should be looked into!! I can take responsiblity for showing up to your hotel and not being aware of all the extra fees, but who expects a $75 incidental per person per night fee?? That is very expensive and should be posted very clearly on your website. That is a lot of money to throw people off with when they are not expecting it, and then to have the staff be so rude about it. I showed up there on Friday and was apologizing like crazy that I was not prepared to pay all that money and the attitude was just like oh well...it wasn't until I really had to stand my ground that I able to make some headway. I must say..every other detail of my stay was absolutley amazing. But this whole situation should have never happened. I'm not sure if it is because of hotel policy or if Barbara is just a bad seed. But I would suggest some changes. I was at a conference with over 500 people and I was not the only person that this happened to. I personally talked to 4 other women who dealt with this exact same thing, one of the ladies actually had your front desk lady Sierra THROW a room key at her!! I mean this is crazy!! I hope this situation is dealt with immediately.

Unique Quality: The hotel is beautiful. But there are PLENTY of resorts in Orlando that will not squeeze every penny out of your pocket.

doug48's Profile Photo

grand cypress resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 22, 2007

the hyatt regency grand cypress resort is the best hotel in the lake buena vista area. it is a self contained vacation resort. on the resort grounds is a beautiful half acre freeform pool and a jack nicklaus designed golf course. the hotel has several good restaurants and offers all the amenities of a first class resort. expensive but worth it.

Directions: from orlando take I-4 west to the lake buena vista exit. go north on road 535 about an 1/8 of a mile past hotel plaza drive to the 535/palm ave traffic light. turn left on 535. grand cypress blvd is just past the intersection on the left.

Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Great choice for golfers

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 29, 2004

This Hyatt is perfectly located in Lake Buena Vista and adjacent to Walt Disney World. The luxurious hotel is the center of the imponent 1,500-acre Grand Cypress Resort.

It has a huge lagoon with a beach, a spa and health club and camp Hyatt.

Another good example of a great hotel in which you can stay for the same money you would spend at a Disney hotel with less amenities and services.

Unique Quality: The highlight of this property are the 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus signature designed golf. I played the Scottish-type course and it is a wonderful golfing experience.

JuliWarfel's Profile Photo

The Hyatt Grand Cyprus

by written on August 25, 2002

Unique Quality: This is an absolutly GEORGEOUS hotel with a beautiful pool with a swim up bar. It also has one of the best art collections in the area. Even if you're not staying, stop in and ask about the art tour!

Nearby Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

Fiddler's Green
Ship or Boat
British
Restaurants
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs