One Grand Cypress Boulevard, Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Worst ever

I do not recommend this at all. We booked out reservation on hotels.com. We had a great choice on accommodations but when weighing all choices we opt on this location BIG MISTAKE. They are looking to take as much money they can by adding to you your bill a series of extra fees starting with a mandatory $22.00 a day for amenities, a $25.00 for valet parking (which you would think its amenities include valet), or self park of $12.00 but you would have to walk a mile to the entrance of the hotel. You have to wait for your car over 30 minutes in valet. They charge in room service 22% plus an additional $3.50 for the service. And I could go on forever. But if I had a choice to do it all over this hotel would not be an option. The desk manager Kenneth basically told me that I had to talk to my booking agent and ask them to pay the fee, but the fee is charged by the hotel not them. They are uncooperative not helpful, customer service not even to mention. Deceitful and rude.

Unique Quality: Facilities great, clean, good location, great food, bad customer service and price overcharge in anyway they can for anything.

Directions: Near Disney parks and hotels

• Best Outdoor Pool in Florida

This hotel has the most beautiful pool I have ever found in any location in Florida. For that reason alone, I would probably stay here again. However, it would be a brief stay as in the last year or two they have changed their room decor to a modernistic style that is neither comforting nor relaxing. Their previous mix of English country decor was far more luxurious, and more satisfying.

I have had financial haggles with the front desk on check-out, and had to correct their calculations. This is not something one expects in a five-star hotel.

Unique Quality: The parrots in the lobby remind me of the ones that graced the lobby of the Polynesian Resort in WDW 15 years ago!

The pool is over 1 acre, includes two water slides, and a grotto cave bar.

Fireworks at the WDW parks can be viewed from the rooms that face the parks.

Directions: Near Downtown Disney

• Do Not Stay Here!!!

This is a very shady hotel when it comes their fees and pricing. Following is an email I have sent to the company. It might sound like a big ramble, but I'm fuming right now and I really don't even know how to put into words everything that happened. Just be very aware of this hotel and if you have already stayed, better check your bank statement as they are very well know for extra charges that you may not have even know about.

I would just like to bring to your attention my experience during my recent visit. I was there for a conference with my room rate at 109 a night. I was staying for 3 nights. I had my room reserved with my debit card (which has never been a problem at any other hotel EVER!) Your hotel wanted a credit card from me so they could hold upwards to $800 on it! I was there for conference not for fun, this was most certainly not a figure I was expecting to have to pay upon arrival and I didn't budget for it. Plus all the fees just didn't add up right to me anyway...After going back and forth with the woman (Barbara) and asking her to take out a calculator so I could see what exactly she was charging me for we agreed that my charges would be about $400, plus she added a $75 fee to this that I would get back when I checked out on Sunday. I go to the atm come back 2 minutes later and she is asking me for over $500 , I argued that after going over figures we had JUST agreed on $485, she goes and tells me that was before paying the $75 fee. I insist that she shows me her calculations again and this time it actually came out to be $10 less than the original. I tell her I want to know what is going on because none of this is adding up right, especially when I show up here expecting to pay $109 a night. Her response to me was lets not go tit for tat over $10! I'm thinking...are you kidding me!! This is not up for negotiation, a price is a price, either it costs a certain amount or it doesn't. Anyway I then hand her $500 and she refuses to give me the change I should be getting back (about $15) She says I'm not giving this back to you, you can have it on Sunday. I then demand a printed out receipt because all of this is just not right, she refuses to give me a printed out receipt. I tell her I want to talk to a manager and all of a sudden I get a receipt, and my total is just about $400, right where I thought it should have been in the first place. But she still wouldn't give me the rest of my money back, that I would have to wait to get when I check out. So at this point I give up, I tell her I will be expecting my money back when I check out on Sunday and I have this receipt to prove it. She says, yup won't be a problem. So I go and check out on Sunday and wouldn't you know it's Barbara again..and I can't check out just yet because she says I owe the hotel another $330..where is she getting these figures from?? I have no idea!! I hand over my receipt and explain no way you actually owe me money, she says she not giving me my money back and I have to pay what I owe, she tells me that the receipt I'm holding is only for a one nights stay at your resort. So all of a sudden my $109 night room went to $400??!!! I tell her that is not what we went over on Friday, she then acts like some light bulb just went off in her head and says oh yea I remember you, she then tries to give me $60 back. Now my receipt says I should be getting $100, I ask her where the rest of the money went...she said it was for a resort fee, (which we had already argued about and figured out and added into my bill that friday) So I tell her no, that was already included, it's right here in black and white. I finally tell her that I would like to speak to a manager and all of sudden she says she'll give me my $100 back. I don't know what Barbara is doing here or what she is doing with extra money that she requesting from guests but that isn't being recorded into your system, but it might be something that should be looked into!! I can take responsiblity for showing up to your hotel and not being aware of all the extra fees, but who expects a $75 incidental per person per night fee?? That is very expensive and should be posted very clearly on your website. That is a lot of money to throw people off with when they are not expecting it, and then to have the staff be so rude about it. I showed up there on Friday and was apologizing like crazy that I was not prepared to pay all that money and the attitude was just like oh well...it wasn't until I really had to stand my ground that I able to make some headway. I must say..every other detail of my stay was absolutley amazing. But this whole situation should have never happened. I'm not sure if it is because of hotel policy or if Barbara is just a bad seed. But I would suggest some changes. I was at a conference with over 500 people and I was not the only person that this happened to. I personally talked to 4 other women who dealt with this exact same thing, one of the ladies actually had your front desk lady Sierra THROW a room key at her!! I mean this is crazy!! I hope this situation is dealt with immediately.

Unique Quality: The hotel is beautiful. But there are PLENTY of resorts in Orlando that will not squeeze every penny out of your pocket.

• doug48's Profile Photo

grand cypress resort

the hyatt regency grand cypress resort is the best hotel in the lake buena vista area. it is a self contained vacation resort. on the resort grounds is a beautiful half acre freeform pool and a jack nicklaus designed golf course. the hotel has several good restaurants and offers all the amenities of a first class resort. expensive but worth it.

Directions: from orlando take I-4 west to the lake buena vista exit. go north on road 535 about an 1/8 of a mile past hotel plaza drive to the 535/palm ave traffic light. turn left on 535. grand cypress blvd is just past the intersection on the left.

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Great choice for golfers

This Hyatt is perfectly located in Lake Buena Vista and adjacent to Walt Disney World. The luxurious hotel is the center of the imponent 1,500-acre Grand Cypress Resort.

It has a huge lagoon with a beach, a spa and health club and camp Hyatt.

Another good example of a great hotel in which you can stay for the same money you would spend at a Disney hotel with less amenities and services.

Unique Quality: The highlight of this property are the 45 holes of Jack Nicklaus signature designed golf. I played the Scottish-type course and it is a wonderful golfing experience.

• JuliWarfel's Profile Photo

The Hyatt Grand Cyprus

Unique Quality: This is an absolutly GEORGEOUS hotel with a beautiful pool with a swim up bar. It also has one of the best art collections in the area. Even if you're not staying, stop in and ask about the art tour!

More about Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Loved the Orlando Grand Cyprus Hyatt

One of the most beautiful hotels I have every stayed in. Beautiful grounds, pools and restaurants, well worth the price!

Orlando's best value

We searched the Internet, including the TripAdvisor, extensively for hints on finding a great hotel value in Orlando. Based on the TripAdvisor reviews we chose to stay at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. We were more than pleasantly surprised at how far the hotel and the employees exceeded our expectations. Everything was fabulous. We have stayed at MUCH more expensive resorts around the world but this is one that we recommend as a great value without any reservation at all.
The resort is close to everything in Orlando if you should ever decide to leave the premises. All members of the staff had outstandingly helpful, pleasant attitudes. The food at the hotel was very delicious.
The AAA breakfast deal was a great value for families. Kids will absolutely love the place because there is so much to do! The art at the hotel is like a museum tour. The swimming pools and game rooms are fantastic. Go there! It is a wonderful place and we definitely plan to return.

Don't Stay Anywhere Else!

After seeing a bit of the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress on Travel Network's Great Hotels, I decided to make reservations there. What a GREAT hotel! It's a block away from the Crossroads (restaurants, grocery store, shops) and very close to WDW. I was even upgraded to a pool view room (which, by the way, is the one you want if you want to see/hear the fireworks at Epcot). They serve champagne on check-in, had see-thru elevators allowing you to see the beautiful atrium lobby (with talking birds), and wonderful staff. Everyone, from the valet parking staff to the bellmen, front desk, housekeeping and room service were extremely pleasant and always willing to help. The pool was wonderful...there are two (one was a cool 62 degrees since it was off season, but the other was a warm 83 degrees, plus there's three secluded whirlpools, too). And the pools are open 24 HOURS A DAY! The rooms are a very Floridian green and pink (it's not as bad as it sounds), but had lots of nice little touches (potpourri above the cabinet, lighted magnifying mirror in bathroom, balcony, nightly turndown, and a minibar. If you order room service, they even leave an extension that you dial for quick tray pick up (there's nothing I dislike more than seeing dirty trays out in the hallways!). Note that the property is accessed by a gate. Also, an upscale outlet mall is just on the other side of the freeway. I will definitely go back to Orlando and stay at the Grand Cypress (don't stay anywhere else)!

Surprise, the pool is 52 degrees!

We stayed at the Grand Cypress in December 2003 for a few nights. We choose the hotel because of its beautiful pool but were surprised to learn upon arrival that it's unheated and 52 degrees! The staff told us that it barely warms to 70 in August.One of the Grand Cypress main selling features is a pool that is unusable most of the year.They do have a smaller "Holiday Inn" sized pool that is heated but was too crowded to even use. Two other guests at the pool commented to us how disappointed they were as well.When making reservations I told them we had kids and specifically asked if there was anything at the hotel, i.e., construction, conventions, etc. that might inhibit our stay. I was told no and that everything was great.I brought this to the attention of the manager who looked me in the eye and said they rarely get any complaints about the 52 degree water. She then pointed out how fortunate we were that they only assessed a mandatory $12/day fee to every room for the optional use of their bikes and paddleboat.I explained that after a day at Disney we didn't want to go for a bike ride but were looking forward to a swim. (before dropping several hundred dollars in one of their restaurants for dinner!) She did offer to wave the $12 sports fee and offered to mention at her next staff meeting that a guest thought the hotel's promotional practices were deceptive.The Hyatt Grand Cypress has grounds that are beautiful, a great lobby, a very friendly staff, average rooms and a management that couldn't care less.This is really just a convention hotel. Next time we'll skip the cheap Champaign and the Cypress.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GREAT SWIMMING POOLS LOOK HERE!

I took my two children(2 and 6) to Orlando a few months back. When I was a child my Father use to take us to the Hyatt Regency Grand Cyprus.
This hotels truly has the most Wonderful pools I have seen in the US. I have traveled to many resorts in Mexico and the pools are very tropical. The Grand Cyprus has Waterfall pools with hidden lagoons. The pictures on the internet do not do justice to this wonderful place.
From the minute you pull up to the resort you are greeted and feel like you are in the tropics. The hotels has lush gardens throughout. If you are looking for a resort where you can escape from the Disney madness this is where you want to stay. Pretty Pricey but well worth it!

Beautiful Hotel but what a shame...

by TripAdvisor Member bagsgalore

Well we have just returned from this beautiful Hotel. The grounds were wonderful and the whole setting was just beautiful. Nice simple room which was cleaned adequately.

What service we did sample was very good. Loved the pools, and was just amazed how peaceful the grounds seemed.

So the bad Points,

All rooms branch off from the Atrium, the dreadful music from the downstairs lobby filters up and if you are not very lucky I am sure it would keep you awake. We unfortunately were over the far side and though could still hear it, it was not so loud to have kept us awake.

For a luxury hotel, surely they could have supplied you with one bottle of water free.

If you have to make phone calls - dont use your room phone. It is very very expensive.

Also for a luxury hotel, I dont expect to queue for the elevator to go to my room. As there are so many conferences, people were everywhere, at times we had to get in a queue and I dont expect this from such a hotel.

Though I think this hotel is truly beautiful I think I would not stay there again, as noise and sheer volumes of corporate conferences do hinder your enjoyment.

However the staff were always eager to please and the location is brilliant. The hotel had fabulous grounds but its just a shame that a few points spoilt if for us.

orlando florida

by doug48

"space shuttle atlantis"

orlando florida is named after orlando reeves, a U.S. soldier killed in 1837 during the second seminole war. orlando was incorporated in 1875. from 1875 to 1895 orlando was the hub of florida's citrus industry.during WW11 orlando was the home to orlando army air force base, now orlando executive airport. in 1958 mc coy air force base was built south of orlando. today the base is orlando international airport. the economy and culture of orlando drastically changed in 1971 with the opening of walt disney world. this event made orlando world famous and today the orlando area hosts over 50 million visitors a year. pictured is the launch of the space shuttle atlantis, sept 9th 2006. living in central florida allows one to experience this impressive feat of 20th century engineering.

the purpose of my orlando pages is to give the visitor some other options as to see and do in central florida other than the major theme parks. there are numerous pages on VT which do an excellent job of covering disney world, epcot, universal studios, and sea world. i have posted tips which i think would be helpful to the business traveler and for those that want to see other attractions than the big theme parks. i also have posted tips on things to do at disney and universal that do not require admission to the parks. you may want to visit my off the beaten path tips that show some of central florida's natural attractions and places to see that were around long before the arrival of disney.

after las vegas the orlando area offers the largest number of hotel rooms in the united states. because of the vast number of hotels in the area it can be difficult making a decision as to which one to choose. the best and safest hotels are near the theme park area. these are also the most expensive. in my hotel tips section i have arranged them in good, better, and best areas. a good place to select a hotel is on I-drive between sand lake road and the convention center. a better location is the lake buena vista area. and of course the best location is in the theme parks. hotel break in's and hotel parking lot robberies are not uncommon in orlando so check out the location of a hotel before you book. the following is in my opinion are the best hotels in the orlando area. disney: the grand floridian. universal: portofino bay resort. buena vista: hyatt grand cypress resort. sea world: renaissance orlando resort. I-drive: rosen plaza. downtown: westin grand bohemian. winter park: park plaza gardens hotel. do some internet home work before you book and your hotel choice will enhance your stay in the orlando area.

Romantic things to do...

by onkar

Hi,
I am coming to Orlando for a week, then flyin to California. I am coming on my honeymoon, and was wondering what romantic things could be done there..i.e. walk, boat cruise etc.
Many thanks
Onkar

Re: Romantic things to do...

by dreijerss

Hi,
I am getting married in Florida next year, and we are then spending 2 weeks there also. Have you been to Florida before? if you have not, well there is just so much to do!
I do know that you could go up in a hot air balloon ( I am thinking about doing that myself!)
The best thing to do is have a good look in brochures, but also have a look at 'orlando forums' aswell. I have found them to be really useful.

Hope this helps, and just yell if you need any more help.

Sarah

Re: Romantic things to do...

by corinne148

In Disney there are some romantic things to do.
First book hotel at on of these hotels, they are considered as the most romantic: Animal Kingdon Lodge, Polynesian Resort, Wilderness Lodge & Villas, Grand Floridian Beach Resort, Boardwalk Inn and Villas, Yacht and Beach Club Resort.

Quiet, romantic restaurants with good food in Disney are Coral Reef, the terrace at the Rose & Crown, and the San Angel Inn at Epcot. Waterfront dining is available at Portobello Yacht Club and FultonĀ“s Crab House at Pleasure Island, and Narcoossee`s at the Grand Floridian.

Outside of Disney, book rooms at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. The 1,500-acre grounds are a veritable botanical garden surrounding a swan-inhabited lake. Couples enjoy stunning accommodations, great service, and first-rate restaurants. You should also consider the luxurious condos and backyard waterways at the adjoining Villas of Grand Cypress

Hope that helps a bit