Imperial Swan Hotel - Orlando

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 41% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

disney property

disney's swan resort is located near disney's board walk entertainment area. the swan is one of several disney luxury resorts. rates start at $369 to $2540.

Directions: disney property

• Samscalling's Profile Photo

Horrible reviews....don't believe what you read!

We were pretty anxious before we arrived at the hotel, from all the negative reviews we'd read on other sites. I remember some people saying it was extremely dirty, unsafe...that you'd be better sleeping in the parking lot! Needless to stay we stuck with it - we weren't planning to spend much time in our hotel anyway - & I'm so glad we didn't change!

The hotel wasn't nearly as bad as people make out. The staff were extremely helpful, both at the reception & at the snack bar. Ok, the hotel could do with a lick of paint & some new carpets.....but this didn't bother us....we were usually dashing in/out/too tired to notice that the carpets had seen better days! Our room was cleaned daily, we had fresh towels....I don't see the problem with this hotel. Sure, it was basic, but that's what we wanted....& for the price, that's what we knew we'd be getting.

Unique Quality: It's ideally located next to Wet n Wild so we didn't even use the hotel pool once! It's just off I-Drive - a 2-3 min walk & you can be at an I-Ride stop. The shuttle bus was fantastic, it'd pick us up at around 7.45, then we'd be at Disney ready to enter by 8.30am which was perfect. There were lots of return times too & the bus was always ontime, & the driver extremely friendly. As we weren't hiring a car, the shuttle bus was extremely helpful! It's also very close to Universal studios, so a taxi back from there was only around $8 which again is ideal when you've had a long day & you just want to get back to your room.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

Walt Disney Swan Resort Hotel

At the Walt Disney Swan Resort Hotel, check-in time is 3:00 PM. check-out is 1 Reservation: 1 - 800 - 950 - 1363

Unique Quality: Swan Resort Hotel offers contemporary lodging in an atmosphere of modern sophistication, well matched with the refreshing comforts of hotel features such as Bar, Spa, Valet, Pool, Handicap, Child Care, Room Service, Suites, Tennis Courts, Free Breakfast, Restaurants, Parking, Lounge, Laundry Service, and Shuttle Service.

More about Imperial Swan Hotel - Orlando

Don't Go

by TripAdvisor Member pumpkinseedtiger

I have waited until now until I wrote this review as I was waiting to hear from Thomas Cook, as I put in a complaint on the terrible service, horrible uneatable food, the rudeness and unhelpfulness of the staff at the Imperial Swan. Even though it was a budget hotel, i was assured when booking that in Florida everywhere is fantastic value, lovely accommodation. definately not describing this dismal depressing place. Even though it may be a budget hotel , theres budget and there is grot. We had to move rooms 3 times in two weeks, staff totally ignoring the fact that the toilet had a leak in one of the rooms, until it burst at the base and flooded the room and wrecking some of our luggage, no apology over that, and left 2 hours without a room at 4am in the morning. I have just received a voucher towards another holiday from Thomas Cook for the value of 400.00. Thats how bad the place is. I had received earlier a 50.00 voucher when i was in Florida off the Thomas Cook rep due to all the hassels I had. Florida fantastic going back in 2008, definately won't be the Imperial Swan, please take some of these bad reviews as being genuine, I can honestly say that everything I have read on the Trip advisor u.k and the usa counterpart is correct, it is far better to save up a little more money before you book and go to a better hotel. I really don't want anyone else having a trip of a lifetime for some people to be totally ruined as ours was by staying at this shoddy place.

Couldn't have got better for the price.

I and my two nephews ( who are over the age of 20) stayed at the Imperial Swan in May of this year, and it was well worth it. We only paid the equvilant to $38 per room per night ( only £23 ) through the UK travel company 'Bedbookers'. The rooms had two large double beds in each, TV and coffee making facilties. The room safe could be hired for only $1 per day.
I don't understand what some people on this review site expect for a very cheap hotel.
If you want five star hotel accommodation then go and pay for it !!
This hotel was a very good base for all the parks. The hotel shuttle bus service for the parks was reliable and free. The swimming pool was clean and there were more than adequate amounts of sun loungers on the pool deck for all. It is located only a two minute walk to International Drive.
The rooms were clean and the maid came in every day to clean and change the towels.
The staff were very polite and helpful and were a credit to the hotel.
Would I stay at this hotel again. Too right I would. For the small amount of money we paid to stay here for two weeks we had lots more money to spend on the other things we went to Orlando for.
Don't be put off by the negative reports ( unless you expect a 5 star hotel for the price of a one star ).
Incedently, the day we were leaving, the building contracters were serveying the hotel to refurbish the hotel facilities, so it can only get better and better.
This hotel is ideal for couples and families alike, so don't be put off by the negative reviews, go and see for yourself that you can pay budget prices for a really good hotel.

A perfectly fine hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member brum1983

Hello all,
we stayed here at the Imperial Swan between 30th June and 13th July 2006, and just to reassure anyone who has already booked that this hotel is absolutely fine, and we were presently surprised with it given some of the reviews on here!
We did experience some problems intially as the first room we were given had a faulty air conditioning and television. We called reception from the room, who sent a janitor within 5 minutes. He wasn't able to fix the problem, so they offered to switch our room before we even asked.
It is hard to fault the rooms for the price. We stayed in room 335, top floor overlooking the main pool. Everything was clean and tidy, no problems with bugs of any sort, and housekeeping visited every day to deliver clean towels and tidy the room. i would advise to get this room or another facing the pool if possible, as we did not experience the problems of other reviewers here.
Of course the place is not perfect; it was in the middle of some renovation and the walls are a little thin so you can sometimes hear what is going on around the hotel. But nothing that impacted on the enjoyment of our holiday at all, which is all you can ask.
It is also directly on an I-Ride route, and they have free shuttles to all the major parks which were a life saver for us.
Anyone can have a really good stay here, just make sure you get a nice room 'cos they do have 'em!

you get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member debsengland

Booked this hotel for three weeks, then read the reviews, we were worried and thought about changing to another hotel and paying more money. Glad we did'nt this hotel is ok new carpet in the hallway and the room we were in. Beds are made each morning and clean towels, power shower was new, if you just want somewhere to sleep, more money to spend on yourself, and your not a clean freak this hotel is ideal.

Free bus to disney 7.45am and 11.25am pick up 8.30pm and 10.00pm, not many people in the hotel when we were there may 06 so buses were ok but if the hotel is full get to the pick up early one bus and when it is full you would have to wait for the next one. Uni pick up 8.55am return 7.30pm. food not to good but plenty of places to eat nearby. shop is exspensive go to the 7eleven on I drive round the corner. Friendly saff no problems. Hope this helps.

I Should Have Known By The Price....

We arrived at the hotel to find the lobby under renovation...no problem with that. Arrived at the room to find it needed renovation. Room and hallway have a "musty" smell. Bathroom needs a lot of attention. Toilet seat horrible, faucet even worst, no hot water for the two days. Housekeeping came....no washcloths left, called front desk, waited on hold 4 mins, then was told "okay", never saw washcloths. We fought mosquitos in the bathroom our entire stay. Last morning realized we had an extra "guest" that was probably there our whole stay. I don't think it was the little "geico" guy. Comforter stained. If the stains won't come out....they need to invest in new ones. At check-out desk clerk was "pleasant" until she looked at the comment sheet that I was doing.... she simply took the sheet and said nothing else. I'm sure it was in the garbage can before I was in the car. You get what you pay for......just spend a little more. You'll be glad you did.

K. Weeks
Hampton, GA

Had a great holiday

by TripAdvisor Member weelou32

We were moved from Wynfield Into the Imperial Swan.My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks, the staff was friendly the rooms were clean and you get fresh towels ever day.Excellant position.Handy for I/Drive and I/Ride.Free shuttle bus excellant.The only downfall to the hotel is the the food,its not good.The theme parks are great,the shopping very cheap.Would recomend this hotel.My 3 kids are age 11,9,5 and they said it was the best holiday ever.We will definetly be back.

Hotel

by piglet100

Hi

I am new to the forum. My boyfiend and I have a holiday in Orlando booked in May for 2 weeks. We are staying in a hotel just off I Drive called the Imperial Swan. I have since read some terible reviews about this hotel and wondered if any of you had any advice.

Thanks

Re: Hotel

by tracys2cents

It's a dumpy, run-down motel. Are you saying that you're stuck there, you've pre-paid and it's not changeable? If so, smile and make the best of it, there are worse places to be stuck and you won't be in the room much anyway.

Re: Hotel

by piglet100

Thanks for your reply. Not sure what to do. The holiday is already booked and paying the balance next month so not sure if we can change it. We might go and ask the travel agent and see what we can do. We are not fussy, but want somewhere that is a base and isnt so bad that it will ruin our holiday.

Comments