International Palms Resort and Conference Center Orlando

Value Score

Poor Value

Rated Lower than similar hotels

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Worse place to hold a convention

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 23, 2009

I held an Anime Show at the hotel. When I first booked it I was told they would only need $1,000 for the booking and the rest settled at the end. The catering department lie to me over and over again and continuely lie to me . The General Manager wouldnt answer the conference call with corporative and lied to me that corporative agreed with them.
The electric didnt work in the convention area. The plugs were sparking. The ceiling was leaking from rain. Got worse when it drizzled one day. They claimed they had a fire inspection and I had pt pay for the certificate which I never saw or given a copy of. I was charged for that. They lowered their prices for expedia, orbits and travelocity but kept my high so I wont make the block and they would charge me extra money.
The rooms well if you like rats or mice as pets this is the hotel for it. It has a rodent problem plus the water pressure was zero and I wasnt abel to shower and so did other guests who checked out. Also the rooms were full of a mold smell. The sheets were dirty. The bed spread had seman on it. It was disgusting. The Kitchen cabinets had mold and were warped from water damage
The played the switch and bait promising one room and giving another and booking another room when we were suppose to have it all weekend. Plus they removed the mics while they were in use.
I suggest you stay away from this hotel. This hotel is full of liars and I hate to see someone else get ripped off by them

Unique Quality: NONE

Directions: Tourtist

tashski's Profile Photo

Trusted Name?

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 28, 2008

We booked the Holiday Inn as we had stayed in others around the world, and most recently in Buena Park, LA. Unfortunately the standard of accommodation does not seem to meet up to the standard of LA Holiday Inn. I don't know whether it is because there were loads of Brits at the hotel in Orlando and Brits are not known for complaining as much as perhaps their US counterparts, or perhaps because it is used by the main tour operators as the package hotel, or maybe I am just mistaken and and it was up to usual Holiday Inn standard??
The pool was great for the kids. The breakfast was fantastic, buffet style, but far pricier than the restuarants just up the road. Also, the breakfast buffet is usually too much for me, I do not seem to get my 'moneys worth', so it is worth bearing in mind that the lobby has coffee machines and basic cereals and muffins for sale.......so if you are not a big breakfast eater it may be cheaper to just buy at the lobby in the morning.
Our room was OK, but the safe was hanging off the wall when we got there and then fell off during our stay...we reported it three times but no-one ever came to even see it. We were worried we would be charged for the damage left on the wall (big hole in plasterboard) but that didnt happen luckily. Also, we had to ask for more coffee/tea/sugar for the room a few times as there were only a small number of sachets left and there were four of us staying in the room.
As I said the hotel seemed to be mainly British guests, however, contrary to other info/tips on other sites I found the children and teenagers were well behaved and there wasnt any incidents of late nite rowdiness, etc that I witnessed.
The hotel was well placed on International Drive, near to restaurants and shops, and the IHOP trolley stop was just outside. Tickets for the trolley could be bought at the souvenier shop just across the road.

Unique Quality: Best qualities of the hotel.................great bus links to the major parks (additional but reasonable charge) if you are not driving.
Also, the pool was great.
Nail/beauty salon in the lobby, reasonable prices and very friendly staff, quite easy to book appointment.

UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Conveniently located on International Drive

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 24, 2005

Clean spacious rooms. A microwave and fridge is provided inside the room. Self-service laundry facilities available throughout the hotel. Good location on International Drive, plenty of restaurants nearby. Also, the I-Ride Trolley and Lynx public bus stops right outside the hotel. The Lynx bus can take you to/from the airport too.

Nearby International Palms Resort and Conference Center Orlando

International Palms Resort and Conference Center Orlando

• Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
  • Orlando Holiday Inn
  • Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
  • International Palms Resort And Conference Center
  • International Palms Hotel Orlando

Address: 6515 International Dr, (Ex Holiday Inn Orlando International Dr Resort), Orlando, FL 32819, U.S.A

Amenities at International Palms Resort and Conference Center Orlando

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

Fiddler's Green
Ship or Boat
British
Restaurants
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs