4040 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, Florida, 32837, United States

Expedia.com JWMarriott.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• extex's Profile Photo

Wonderful hotel, great location!

This Marriott has all the amenities, services and cleanliness that one would expect from a fine hotel. Our rooms have always been well appointed with comfortable beds/pillows, etc. No complaints.

Unique Quality: The website makes this hotel look super POSH and and while it is very nice, it is comfortable ... not stuffy. We've been here on a company trip where we dressed nicer and since then, have been with family/children and we feel very relaxed in shorts and coverups. It is nice though, no swimsuits in the lobby, etc.!

The pool is the draw for us. We live in sunny, hot, humid Florida and this hotel's river pool is 80% shaded!!!! We get up in the morning and stay out all day with little worry of getting burned. It's a nice change! Also, floating around the pool and having a bartender standing around the river bend is pretty cool!

We've stayed 3 times and are going back at the end of this month. Our now 3 year old granddaughter goes each time and we love taking her here. In addition, on holidays they have activities around the pool, bounce houses indoors and out, live tropical music by the pool, fireworks at night and even a marshmellow roast! It adjoins the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes, so if you can't get in here, book there. You can use the pool and other amenities in both hotels.

The only negative is that there are no indoor dining areas for children. There is a buffet, but no cafes/casual. This created a problem the first time we stayed. During the day, you can eat by the pool, but at night....you pretty much have to go out, eat formal or eat buffet. A small cafe with burgers would be nice. There are close places to eat nearby, so that's really not a problem.

Take your own big tube to float on, or buy one there. It's yours to keep at $8. (I believe that's the cost.) Really a fun expereience! And they have specials all the time.

Directions: Very near Discovery Cove and Sea World. Great location NOT in Disney.

More about JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes

Wonderful hotel and kid friendly too!

It was a fabulous week at an awesome hotel. We went with a 9 month old and a 3 year old and we all had a blast! We had a suite...very spacious and wonderful views. Our kids loved the "lazy river". there was a section that was like a wading pool and my 3 year old played safely for hours. also we went the week before memorial day and it was not at all crowded....it was sooo nice. one of the best parts was that we kept our 3 year old sooo happy...they have a sandbox and a play area with soft padding so no worries if there were falls. also my son loved the "alligator" pool...a metallic lifesize alligator in a wading pool with a few inches of water...this was very shaded even during the heat of the day and they have rockign chairs near by so I could sit with the baby and watch my son play. the drinks by the pool were very nice and the people were so couteous and the service was outstanding. Also for older kids they have a kids program in a rtoom with all kinds of vidoe games and toys...we didnt; use this since my son was happy playing outside but I did see a lot of older kids go in there.

this is a pricey hotel and if you did room service (we did) it tends to add up but we wanted a real nice luxury vacation and got it. I lvoed the interior decor of the hotel..the artwork was beautiful and all in all it was a very classy palce I would stay at again.

when I needed any help with my kids or had a special request it always happened promptly with a smile.

will be going back for sure!

Classy, relaxed resort

by TripAdvisor Member dazze17

Just back from a fortnight's vacation at the JW Mariott. The Grande Lakes resort (which includes the Ritz-Carlton) was the best I've experienced in Orlando. The resort is extremely well landscaped with tropical gardens, ponds and a couple of scenic lakes - on my evening walks I came across a variety of wildlife: racoons, rabbits, and birds. Internally the resort is no less awesome, with comfortable lounges and an eclectic mix of art.

The choice of bars and eateries was also good (although a bit pricey), in particluar Norman's at the Ritz, and Primo's at the JW - where the dishes and the ambience are brought together with an interesting mix of ingredients.

I'd advise on a room with a lakeside view which look onto the tropical pool areas and the golf course - you also get to see the weekend fireworks at Seaworld. Other rooms tend to overlook the large parking area and the under-construction extension to the convention facilites - which appear to be nearing completion.

My room was comfortable and well maintained. I was spoilt for choice with several clean and safe pools throughout the resport. The lazy river was popular with all ages and there's no longer a charge for the tubes. Use of the 'state of the art' gym at the spa was complimentary but there's a $15 charge to use the spa pool (quieter than the other pools), steam and sauna. I thoroughly enjoyed my massage at the spa.

For non drvers there's a daily complimentary shuttle bus service to Seaworld, Universal and the Disney parks.

Finally, although not a golfer I toured the 18 hole clubhouse/course and was impressed with the facilities. Had several relaxing walks around the course before dusk. I plan to return to Grande Lakes next year.

Stay here

You won't go wrong booking here. This place is unbelievable. I travel a lot for business and this ranks at one of the top five hotels. We got at great corporate rate of $145.

Don't worry this is a great hotel!

JW Marriott is wonderful

Just returned from a four days and three nights stay at the JW Marriott (6/30 - 7/3), and it was great. This is a wonderful resort for family vacations. The lazy pool is very relaxing and due to its large size can accommodate many without feeling crowded. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the resort. The grounds are just breathtaking and great for evening and night strolls. You cannot go wrong with this hotel, and I'm confident that you will agree after experiencing it's splendor!!!

Bad Trip, Man

by TripAdvisor Member fundatty

I would suggest you check the type of convention booked at this large convention hotel before making your reservations. We checked in with our two young daughters for what we hoped would be a relaxing, upscale weekend. What we did not know was that there would be 1500 members of a Narcotics Anonymous convention staying at the hotel. The hotel and its facilities were completely overrun with recovering drug addicts and their guests. At the pool, we witnessed inappropriate behavior and profanity not in line with the classy reputation of this hotel.

And it seemed as if 80% of the attendees smoked. When we returned from dinner at the Ritz Carlton, the smell of smoke in this non-smoking facility was overwhelming. The pool area and every entrance to the hotel were crowed with smokers.

Overall, the facilities at this resort are beautiful and the staff was friendly and accommodating, but they could overcome the poor behavior of their 1500 "guests".

Upon check out, I mentioned our disappointment to the front desk clerk and she said it is always a good idea to check what convention is booked in the hotel prior to making reservations.

Beautiful pool area

by TripAdvisor Member tannerSpartanburg_SC

Just returned from a week long stay at the Marriott.

The Negatives:

No where to park the Sat. night we checked in.
Had to park in a field about a 1/8 mile from the
hotel.
Self parking is $7.46 a day.
When booking the room, they asked if celebrating
any special occasion. I told them it was my wife's
40th birthday. Did not receive any special perk.
A beautiful bathroom, but shower area very
small.
Have a lazy river, but do not supply rafts.
Need more supervision in the pool area
at night, couples getting way too friendly.
Does not have vending, want you to buy from
the pricey minifridge.
Need a bigger game room for the teenagers.

The Positives:

The Service - Very friendly, helpful, and
fast.
The very comfortable beds.
The very beautiful pool area.
The excellant food at Citron.
The great location, away from everything,
but easily accessible to everything.
The great view of the Orlando skyline
at night.
The bathroom toiletries.

Overall, we had a great week at the Marriott,
and hopefully will be able to return some day.

Wonderful Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member natp38

This hotel is fantastic. It is equally as nice as any Ritz I have ever been to. After reading so many glowing reviews of a hotel, I am somtimes let down when I actually arrive and see the hotel in person. This Marriott exceeded all of my expectations. The staff in almost every part of the hotel was wonderful (except for some slight attitude problems with a pool bartender who suspected we were not of proper age). The valet parking was always surprisingly fast and extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel's grounds, lobby, pool and rooms were all beautiful and well maintained. The hotel is very close to Sea World, and you can actually see it from high floors, but when walking on the ground level you feel like you are far away from everything. We walked to the Ritz on a connecting pathway for dinner one night at Norman’s. The food and service were both wonderful. We were also very excited to witness an engagement during dinner. There was a wedding in-between the hotels earlier that day as well. The Ritz was very nice, but it looks like almost every other Ritz built in recent years. The room keys work at their pool, but the one at the Marriott is much larger and more interesting, so we never used any of the Ritz's property, with the exception of Norman's. The service level at the Marriott was absolutely perfect; there was always someone there to help with a need, but they were never overly aggressive with their friendliness or service. This Marriott is hands down the best hotel I have ever been to in Orlando. When I returned home, we immediately booked another trip because we enjoyed everything so much the first time. I would definitely recommend giving this hotel a try.

1st Class!!

by TripAdvisor Member copperpenny626

Just returned. We spent 5 wonderful nights at this hotel and loved it. We had a two bedroom suite that was not only beautiful but immaculate! From the moment we arrived the staff took care of our every need. We ordered room service for most mornings and a couple of evenings the food was excellent and the presentation exceptional for any hotel! We will be staying at this hotel again!!

We are already planning to stay again!!

I was so fortunate to find this most excellent hotel. We stayed there from July 4-5, 2004 and wished we could stay longer. I had searched out several hotels prior to selecting this one. Tripadvisor.com and the reviews from other visitors, like myself, enabled me to select the Best hotel-Marriot Grand Lakes! From the time we arrived, we were greeted and treated like royalty. I must commend AMY, the front desk reservationist on being absolutely superb. She even upgraded our room to the very top floor overlooking the pools. The view was fabulous. The rooms were clean, staff courteous, and the dining delicious. We had the breakfast buffet included in our rate and the food was excellent- I suggest you do the same (for the minimum cost). One of the valet gentlemen suggested Charley's Steak House opposed to our selection..and he was right on the money. We enjoyed the dinner there as well. Back to the hotel, the grounds had the most beautiful landscaping I have ever seen. Once we drove through the Grand Lakes gates, it was another five minutes drive to reach the front entrance-very impressive. It was also nice to have all the benefits the Ritz had to offer at our disposal as well. I vowed that I would Never stay any place else when traveling to Orlando. The hotel was cebrating its 1 year anniversary and everything still looked so brand new and clean. There was fresh brewed ice tea and iced lemon water in the lobby at all times- a treat on those hot summer days. Well all I can say is that Lisa and Daniel will be back again real soon, plus I have told all my friends to stay there as too.

Great Weekend at the JW

Great Weekend Getaway @ the JW Marriot Grande Lakes 7/31/04-8/2/04. My wife and I just returned from a great weekend at the Jw Marriot Grande Lakes and the Ritz Carlcton Spa @ Grande Lakes. Every employee treated us like royalty from the minute we pulled up. Our luggage was taken out of our car and sent to the room before I could even ask. Check in took only a minute and the employee was very friendly. You can't walk by an employee without being greeted. The room was clean and a good size. The pool is great, it's huge and amazing just to look at. The most amazing part of our trip was the SPA and GYM shared with the Ritz Carlton. Only $15 per person for a day pass. We spent two very relaxing days working out, swimming, sitting in the hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas. The spa employees were also very friendly. It was also very relaxing to walk around the grounds at night. There are nicely lit and paved paths that circle the huge property. The food and drinks at the pool were a little pricey, but you definately get what you pay for. Try the huge PB+J sandwhich, it's great. Save a few bucks and self park. We will definately return!!!!!!!

proximity to Marriott hotel, Orlando

by wenros

How close is the Renaiissance hotel to the Marriott centre?
Is it right next door, or within a couple of blocks( ie: for attending all day conferences at the Marriott).Thanks!
Wenros

Re: proximity to Marriott hotel, Orlando

by nomad7890

There are many Marriotts in the area - do you have the hotel's address that you could plug into Google maps? I do know there's a Rennaissance near the airport. You can also try the Marriott page for Orlando:

www.marriott.com

Locations here here are pretty spread out.

• Arik-Katzenberg's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I always have an amazing experience with the JW Marriott, so I was expecting a good time when I booked this hotel, but the Orlando JW Marriott blew me away. I was in town for LASIK eye surgery and needless to say I needed a very chill place o recover.
    The JW Marriott staff went so far out of their way to assist me. The rooms were able to pitch dark even in the bright of day. True to Orlando form, this hotel is awesum for kids with activities, pools and a lazy river. But its stellar for adults with a sprawling weight room which includes a Smith machine if you're serious about training, and on property Starbucks, Primo, a full service Italian restaurant for an excellent dining experience, large rooms and close proximity to the airport, downtown Orlando, Kissimmee, St Cloud and Universal City Walk. Its true that you can come to Orlando and have a terrific experience without ever stepping foot in the parks.
    Every hotel experience depends on what you wanna get out of it. What I needed was a quiet, chill place to recover from a complicated surgery and for me the JW Marriott of Orlando was the perfect place. Its a sprawling, quiet, calming refuge with all the amenities you'd need in order to never have to leave the hotel property. Kudos to a very helpful staff.

- Arik Katzenberg