La Quinta Winter Park Orlando

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Orlando

African savanna in your back garden!African savanna in your back garden!

saratoga springs resort and spasaratoga springs resort and spa

Zipline Safari at Florida EcoSafarisZipline Safari at Florida EcoSafaris

Red LobsterRed Lobster

How Busy?

by mickey.p

Me again!

I just wondered if anyone can confirm if it will be quieter on the main highways on 1st or 2nd January.

I'm booking for 1 or 2 nights in Sarasota and then heading back to Orlando and just want to know how busy the roads are likely to be on these dates.

We are thinking it's take approx 3.5-4 hours - is this an accurate time? We may be stopping at Busch Gardens on route which should break it up.

by riorich55

By quieter, I'm assuming you mean less busier then normal. I'm sure the answer is yes, since January 1, some people are sleeping late while recovering from the previous nights activities, some are home all day watching football games and since it is a holiday and a Saturday fewer people are working. I would think the same is true for Sunday the 2nd as well.

by riorich55

And also, according to mapquest the time between Sarasota and Orlando shouldn't take you more then 2 1/2 hours. The roads are all major interstates, so those times should be accurate.

by Agraichen

I've done that drive multiple times in 2 hours but that's a bit above the posted speed limits. I'd figure on 2.5 hours as those days should be quite quite.

by Florida999

There are accidents that shut down the interstate for hours all the time, so you never know, but January 1st the roads will probably be pretty empty. My advice , January 2, stay off the roads, because EVERYONE will be coming back from their Christmas trips ( last day before schools start again in Orlando), including us. I am SO dreading that drive. Especially I-95. If I was you, I would avoid I-95, I-75, and the Turnpike on those days ( I-4 is usually not as bad, unless there is an accident)
Sarasota to Orlando, yeah, around 4 hours. You shouldn't have too much problem with that

Travel Tips for Orlando

Cupones de Descuento

by pgalvez

Para lograr que el dinero rinda mas, es bueno conseguir cupones de descuento para los diferentes espectaculos y parque de diversiĆ³n.

Se pueden conseguir, en los hoteles, en revistas, agencias de turismos, etc.

There are so many things to...

by Liefding

There are so many things to do!!!!
- Disney World
- Universal Studio's
- Helicopter ride
- Sea World
- Epcot Center
- Arabian Nights (dinner show)
- Alligatorland
- Bush Gardens (Tampa = a 90 minute drive)
- Daytona Beach (Daytona Beach = a 75 minute drive)
- Kennedy Space Center Titusville = a 75 minute drive)
- St.Augustine (St.Augustine = a two hour drive) What I miss the most is the climate, the friendly people and all the new attractions they've build while I am not there.

Park Hopper Passes

by cjg1

Park Hopper Passes allow guests to go to as many parks as they want during the day; not limited them to one park per day. We only do Park Hopper Passes but depending on the time of year we chose with or without Water Parks. I only want the Water Park option when it is very hot out and the water is refreshing not frigid.

Passes tend to be cheaper if you buy them for a longer day duration and if you purchase them through a discount such as through AAA(automobile Association of America). Passes are pricey and if you are travelling with a lrage family...you can break the bank buying passes.

Refillable Mugs

by cjg1

For only $12.49 (each) we were able to purchase a refillable mug at our resort. This enabled us to have free refills of coffee, iced tea, soda and hot chocolate for the duration of our stay. The mugs can only be used at the resorts but are worth it. We are both big drinkers of iced tea and that can add up at the end of the day.

**The mugs also make a nice re0usuable souvenier of your trip.**

Pack as Little as you can

by Lynsey-Jane

In my experience, there is so much to buy in Orlando (both souvenirs in the parks, and from all of the shopping malls / outlets), try to keep your case as empty as possible so that you can fill it up when you get there.
Remember - there is a luggage restriction on the airlines!

Comments