12388 International Dr, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Lake Eve Resort

Nonsense lurks at Lake Eve

by TripAdvisor Member travelmeMaine

I recently stayed 5 nights at the Lake Eve Resort in Orlando. I had high hopes that the Resort would at the very least meet my expectations. In some ways it did but there are so many minor flaws that a guest must endure that it makes it impossible for me to recommend staying here. On the positive side the rooms are fantastic at first sight. I stayed in a two bedroom “Platinum Suite” and I will say that it was a great price. The Platinum Suites are located at each corner of the hotel and offer the best views and most privacy from your balcony. Check in was friendly enough, but I requested a high floor and was given the 2nd floor and was told that it was the only room available. I was willing to accept that and go with it even though it was obvious to me that once I was in my room that higher floors were not occupied. The lower floors actually give you a better view of the water and surrounding trees. It was very scenic to see the lake through the trees as you sit in your living room or on the balcony. One would not experience this from the higher floors. The rooms were well decorated and the kitchen area is very nice.

Simply put, this hotel is not managed well. I don’t believe this is the fault of the staff that actually works there, but more so by whatever company owns it. My pre-arrival emails where never responded to which should have been a red flag for me, but I decided to still book here. It seems like the place was quickly thrown together and put up with little regard for details and consistency and without a true knowledge of what hotel management and customer satisfaction is. One just has to sit in the lobby for a little while and you will see many guests frustrated at the check in process. Usually only one person is working with several in line waiting to check in, all having frustrated looks on their face. Perhaps I just passed by at a few bad times but it wasn’t uncommon to pass by the lobby and see a guest upset about something. The restaurant that exists on the property is very odd and usually empty and no one around to greet you. There is another odd room next to the restaurant that has a few things you could buy like a soda or ice cream but you need to take the items to the front desk and wait in line to purchase them. The gym in this resort only has two treadmills and two exercise bikes in a large empty room. There is no signage anywhere to indicate how to get to the gym. The front desk will tell you it is down the hall and the first door on the left. Why they can’t indicate this with some signs is beyond me. A father and son passed by me in the hall and I heard them complaining about how lame the fitness room was. The poolside snack and beverage bar advertised does not exist. I never once saw a uniformed security person in the hotel as their website indicates. The ATM machine in the lobby frequently doesn’t work. As previously stated, the guest suites are nice but not without issues. There is absolutely no information in the room about the resort or any info at all for that matter. A phone book would have been nice as well. The phone in the room isn’t labeled to indicate what buttons call where. They will slip some very basic info under your door on your first night. It will state that they do light housekeeping daily and a full room cleaning every third day. They never touched my room the first three nights and on the fourth did a complete cleaning. They skimp on soap, shampoo and toilet paper. The King bedroom has an alarm clock and the second bedroom does not. The Master bath has a hairdryer but the other does not. Hot water was frequently lacking in the bathrooms and the water has an odd smell to it. The big flat screen TV’s in the room are nice, but they are not HD and channels are not labeled so you never know what station you’re watching. There are no in-room movies to buy and no hotel information on the TV’s. The washer and dryer in the room worked perfectly one night and then on my last night would not fill with water. The resort will allow all kinds of local pizza places to slip their menus under your room door, but if you call a place to deliver to your room, you must meet them down in the lobby because the resort will not allow them to come up to your room to deliver to your door. On my last day upon checking out, yet again, the woman in front of me wanted to speak to the manager and was upset about something. I was never asked how my stay was and was simply told I was all set. While getting into my car there was a waterfall flowing down the side of the place from a pipe that had burst from a higher floor and onto my car which was parked up front. Now maybe it is me, but I truly think a place that calls itself a “resort” should do better. If you are willing to put up with all of this type of nonsense then by all means stay here. I will not be returning in the future and will book with more established resorts that know how to properly manage a resort.

Great Value, Very Relaxing Stay

by TripAdvisor Member BishopMJ

There have been a few reviews that have talked about the poor service at this resort. Perhaps those people have never been to Orlando before. There are so many hotels and resorts in Orlando that the turnover of staff must be insane. What is far more important is location, price, comfort, and ability to relax in a nice place after a long day at the parks. In my opinion, Lake Eve Resort offers all of those.

We stayed for five days in a platinum two-bedroom room on the 12th floor. I highly recommend those rooms - wow, what a view! The room itself was clean and new which believe me, is very hard to find in Orlando for the price. Some resorts might have better service, but good luck finding a clean, comfortable, new room for that amount of money.

Worst Place I've Stayed in 35 Years

by TripAdvisor Member JohnHenryPortland

Lake Eve Resort is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at in 35 years of traveling. Besides having the cleaning staff steal from my room, the Manager John Woody ranks as the worst hotel manager I've ever talked too. I would prefer that one of those "Singing Bass" was his replacement as at least you'd get a song if you pressed the button. Perhaps being at 10% capacity is reason to provide less than 10% service but I found that the service was beyond incredibly bad. A waiter that can't serve one occupied table efficiently is just sad. A cook that sends out burned eggs and burnt toast is inappropriate. The version of cleaning that takes place is best described as "de minimis"

I don't know who owns this hotel but whoever does really need to clean house, this place is worse than pathetic, which given the newness of the place makes it all the more worse as an experience

Don't waste your time.

by TripAdvisor Member Shawna2580

We just got back from staying at Lake Eve Resort and I just had to register on this site and give my opinion of this hotel. I will never, ever, never stay here again. I'm usually not one to complain, much less write a review online! But there were so many things wrong here that I actually made a list. From what I understand this resort is fairly new, maybe a couple months old, if that. My advice: They shouldn't have opened yet because they weren't ready! The hotel itself is shaped like a U. It is 14 stories high, 176 rooms. One half of those are supposed to share 2 elevators and the other half share 2 different ones. Lets just say, try not to need the elevators between the hours of 11 and 5. So many people checking in and out at these times and only two elevators (on my side) is ridiculous! We waited at least 15 minutes one time. And need I mention that for 2 of our 3 days one of the elevators was BROKEN!? Our room was never cleaned by housekeeping. Not even the "light dusting" they promise once a day. We called for fresh towels before going out one day at 11am. We returned at 6pm to our dirty, wet towels sitting in the same spot on the kitchen floor. Upon trying to call the front desk several times for various issues, we rarely got a person to actually answer the phone. Basic things were missing from the rooms too. There weren't any cups to rinse your mouth after brushing your teeth. No alarm clocks in any of the bedrooms. And our toilet clogged twice. Water was luke-warm while showering. I honestly could go on and on and on. Oh and one more thing.... They mention not only on their website but also in this welcome letter they give you upon check-in that they offer DVD players for a small rental fee. What they fail to mention is that they only had ONE, yes ONE DVD player for rent. Needless to say, our kids never got to watch those two new flicks we bought while out shopping.
If you really want a great place to stay, look 2 resorts down and book at the Floriday's Resort. 1000% better than this place. Remember, you get what you pay for!

Fantastic Place with a couple of minor flaws

by TripAdvisor Member Canmum

Stayed one week in a 3 bdrm suite on the 13th floor. Accommodations were beautiful! The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated. There are flat screen TVs in each bedroom as well as the living room. Each living room has a balcony from which the pool and lake can been viewed. The "lake" is more like a large pond but still much better than looking at a parking lot or freeway anyday. The beds were wonderful, linens were lovely. Our unit had a linen closet with extra towels, sheets and blankets. Each unit has a full kitchen with dishwasher, fridge, stove, microwave, dinnerware, flatware, and cookware. Having a waher and dryer at our disposal made it easy to pack light.

Now for the bad, here are some advertised amenities that never materialized:: a kettle, iron, ironing board, robes, clock radios in the bedrooms (master did have an alarm clock), pool bar and kids club activities. Expedia advertises that there is a playground nearby, which is true but it is at another resort which of course is not for public use. I can't fault Lake Eve for that one as their site makes no mention of a playground. If you are staying in a 3 bdrm suite be sure to request that you NOT be placed on the 13th floor. Our balcony had a 4 1/2 foot wall instead of a railing. Our 9 yo daughter couldn't see anyting unless she stood on a chair and leaned over, with us holding her (of course) it gave me heart failure everytime! There are only 2 units like this in the whole place and they are both 3 bdrm units on the 13th floor.

Coffee, shampoo, conditioner, soap, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper seemed to be rationed. We only received more every few days. No extra roll of toilet paper although there was less than a 1/4 left on the roll in the master bath when we arrived. This unit is supposed to sleep 10, I don't understand how they think 2 tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner could be shared for 3 days. It's a good idea to bring your own.

There is 8 place settings glasses, silverware, dishes. If you have a larger group or don't want to have to do dishes after each meal bring some disposables. Also there is no liquid dish detergent or dish cloth for handwashing so bring your own. They did however provide dry cloths.

My biggest complaint was that the chairs in the dining area had no felt chair pads on the legs. When you slide the chairs out from the tables it makes a loud vibrating noise that travels through the surrounding units. This made it difficult to sleep on more than one occasion. This was the only sound I heard from the other units. LAKE EVE this is a cheap easy problem to fix, please take note.

Aside from the minor issues we had a wonderful time at Lake Eve and would book here again in a hearbeat!

Best Kept Secret in Orlando!

by TripAdvisor Member hotelwiz

There are many condo/hotels in the Orlando area. My husband and I have stayed in some of the top-notched properties: The Ritz-Carlton/Grand Lakes; JW Marriot; Marriot-Grande Vista to name a few. However, as our children have gotten older we have realized that we want and need more space and spaciousness to accomodate all of the needs of our large family. The exclusivity given at the aforementioned hotels is great and when travelling as a couple find this to be a welcomed retreat for us. When we are travelling with our children after a long day at the parks, we want to be able to have our space and thus allow them to have their personal space as well. No, Lake Eve does not have the uniformed staff at the front desk. No, it doesn't have valet-parking, and it also doesn't have the dreaded resort fee that all the condo hotels in the Orlando area seem to have fallen in love with. What it DOES have is 1600 square feet of luxurious comfort which upon opening the door to your villa will absolutely knock your socks off.

We stayed during spring break week and booked a 3 bedroom villa which truly exceeded our every expectation. We had (3) 37" flat screened televisions in each bedroom; and 1 42" flat panel television in the living room; full kitchen equipped with stainless steel appliances and every cooking gadget imaginable, etc. We also had a large balcony which easily accomodated all of us lounging in the evenings enjoying a fabulous view of the ultra-relaxing pool and spa area(s).

Hangers were hard to come by...the restaurant could've been better...and yes the service could've been better. Housekeeping however, was fantastic!
We paid $119.00 for 4 nights in a three bedroom villa. Can't top that I'm afraid. If I wanted no complaints, I could've stayed at the Sheraton villas or Floridays Resort across the street for $220.00 a night for a 2 bedroom villa with gated security, uniformed staff, and oh lest I forget...the ubiquitous resort fee!

Phenomenal Place For The Money

by TripAdvisor Member MI2FLtrvlr

We got to Orlando late, after flying from Detroit. It took only about 60 seconds to check in. After grabbing all the bags from the car and getting to the room with our 5 year old, we were STUNNED when we opened the door! The room was absolutely impeccable! We were in a 2 bedroom suite on the 9th floor. The room is stocked with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, utensils.....you name it! We stayed for 9 days and wished we didn't have to leave even then! We will most definitely stay here again, next time we go to Orlando. You will not be disappointed in this place. I showed pictures of our room to several other people at Disney World and they were jealous of our resort compared to theirs on the Disney Resort itself.

Buyer Beware

by TripAdvisor Member Jennafer123

Buyer beware. This hotel ruined my vacation. Do not make the same mistake I did. Everything that glitters is not Gold. I booked this hotel for my spring break vacation at Disney World. I prepaid and called in advance to check my reservation with the hotel. Everything was fine until I arrived. They explained to me that they had over sold the rooms and everyone that had got the room at a discounted price was being tranfered to their sister hotel. They assured me that this hotel had the same ammenities it was just older. The reality is that the hotel did not have the same ammenties and was worth about have the money I paid for it. To make matters worse it was twenty miles away from Disney World so we could not go back to the hotel during the day to have dinner. The ammenities the hotel was lacking was a Jacuzi Tub, a stove, a flat panel tv, limited chanels on cable. The list goes on. If you ignore my response and choose to stay at this hotel anyway. Stay during the off season or you will have a horrible experience as I did.

IF you don't mind self service

by TripAdvisor Member Insureguy

I had a Platinum Suite on a high floor corner. 2BR, 2 BA. Views were great. Room is very tastful and up to date. Full kitchen, washer/dryer. Nice layout.

My guess is that this was built for Condo or timeshare, not for hotel.

The bad; How can a new hotel have broken down, old luggage carts? There is a shortage of staff. Bad shortage. The arcade had two games.. Two!, Not sure about security in that you get 3-4 solicitations under you door per day. Here's a doozy.. during busy times, little or no hot water and/or low water pressure. Wireless connection is blah.. but it';s free. , really really unsecured...

The building was shaped to get shade at the pool most of the day. Not sure how many come to Florida for the shade. Maybe that's fine for residents, but not for vistiors.

The absurd: The towels at the pool are the size of hand towels.. I am not kidding. Another comment mentioned the No cup in the bathroom... We brough a glass in from the kitchen. As a result, it fell, and broke.. they need plastic cups in there.

I have always stayed on Disney Campus before, so don't have a lot to compare to. If you are heading offsite and just want a nice room to relax, fine... But the word RESORT doesn';t belong in its name.

A very qualified recommendation if you are heading to Sea World or Discovery Cove.

EXcellent room for the price!!

by TripAdvisor Member kimij

We had seen the promotional rates for this hotel,and it was really cheap for a new style suite, it was also in a great location for Orlando and as we were staying for 2 nights we decided it was good value!
Now after we parked (plenty of parking spaces available) we got worried when we went to check-in especially as there were at least 20 people standing in the lobby! and it seemed... ALL with problems....so when we eventually checked in and it all went to plan ,we were wary about the room.
In fact it was amazing! Plenty of room and well set out! The bathroom, mostly marble, was clean and there was a huge supply of towels! The kitchen was well stocked with all cutlery,crockery etc.
My daughter used the internet and it worked fine,ok not the fastest in the world but I have known slower.
The water was not the most pressurised and I guess the tub would have taken a while to fill but the showers were fine and certainly hot. On the occasion of our stay I did notice several water company vans on the premises,so this maybe something the hotel is trying to put right.
We did not use the pool ,however there were several people in it ,the water felt warm but yes I understand it maynot have sunshine all day.
During our second day ,housekeeping had came in and made all the beds and had a wipe around,we were satisfied with that.
In all I think the suites were superb,new,clean tidy and spacious.
The money we paid for the room was a great deal! Check on the internet for deals.
I guess reception could certainly do with more staff, Surely one receptionist and the manager(?) was not enough?? Lets hope this will be resolved.
The location for Disney or Sea world/Discovery is great! and the view from the rooms is amazing.
I would certainly use this hotel again a few days or a week or so..

Emeril's Restaurant OrlandoEmeril's Restaurant Orlando

Getting ready to leave from the Orlando airportGetting ready to leave from the Orlando airport

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Disney Magic KingdomBig Thunder Mountain Railroad Disney Magic Kingdom

girraffegirraffe

Blizzard Beach, Wet n Wild or Typhoon Lagoon

by psychedchicken

I just need to know which is better? My husband and I are planning a trip to one of the water parks and want to know which is best for the money. He likes thrill slides and to plummit (to his death?) at ungodly speeds, I like the slides that curve around and not to many vertical drops. No kids or anything to worry about, just want to know which would be the best way to spend a day.

by rlg2706

I have been to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon but not Wet and Wild. Typhoon Lagoon is the more relaxing of the two Disney Water Parks and you can really chill out there. It has a water roller coaster which is great fun as well as a variety of gentler water slides. Both have long lazy rivers which go around the park. We enjoyed the one at Typhoon Lagon better as for some reason the water seemed warmer there. Blizzard Beach seems bigger with a lot more going on and has the summit plummit which looks terrifying! It sounds as though you would prefer Typhoon Lagoon but Blizzard Beach would be more suitable for your husband. Blizzard Beach also has gentler water slides, it's not just for thrill seekers so I think you could have fun there too.

by Lauz

out of the three I would discount Wet n wild first, it's ok but nothing really compared to the Disney parks. Blizzard beach has some great "big" slides if that's what you're after but Typhoon lagoon has a great ride called "crush n gusher" and the massive wave pool. Overall i'd say they were pretty even in terms of rides etc so it might come down to whether you want to spend the day in a beach atmosphere or a ski resort!

by moiraistyx

we all enjoyed typhoon lagoon this past summer. most of the rides had no wait line. which was really nice. one of our favorites was the new water slide that goes up as well as down.

by NewYorkPrincess

TYphon lagoon is my favorite because of the wave pool and the lazy river. I could spend hours floating around in an innertube......too bad there is no one there to hand me a margarita.

Comments