Orlando Hotels

Our Members Say

• cptarmynurse profile photo cptarmynurse
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SUPER 8 MOTEL - ORLANDO/NEAR UNIVERSAL: If you book here do not use a Credit Card

Do not use your credit/debit card here. They double charged my card and told me that one charge was only a hold until after I checked out. Upon returning home it was still their so I disputed it with my credit card company. The Super 8 management lied to them and said I had rented 10 rooms and that was the charge. So I had to have my card canceled and place a fraud alert on it. Don’t stay here and if you do don’t use a credit card.

The room was good for the price with a nice swimming pool to cool off in. Also it was close the attractions.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 12, 2009

• matamis78 profile photo matamis78
  • Reviews: 18

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vacation Home Rental Emerald Island Resort, Kissim: Villa Direct Florida Emerald Lagoon

The Picture of this house was really nice. When we arrived I noticed that the tree was 10 times bigger in person that in the picture. (it has grown over the YEARS!!) Well there was a mold smell in the house. The back yard screened in pool was torn. The pool was not heated. We paid the extra $$ for the pool to be heated. While we tired to call the managers about the HEATED POOL we paid for. THey told us to refer to the Rental Guide. In the Guide said if the pool head does not work the $$ for Heat was non refundable. It didnt work from the get go. It was an OK rental. I would of rather stayed at a Hilton. I would never rent a house from VIlla Direct again.

Renting a house is pretty good if you are a large group and want to save money. It was a nice Idea we went along with some friends that invited us but the other 2 couples bailed out on us and we had to split the bill. we were there for 4 days and paid over 700 for a place to sleep. Like I said I would have rather stayed at a Hilton.

Next time when going with friend Collect the money first. I was not the one that planned the trip. If it was me I would of collected before I booked the accomodations.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Theme Park Trips, Zoo
  • Written September 25, 2009

• doug48 profile photo doug48
  • Reviews: 5204

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

saratoga springs resort and spa: disney property

disney's sarasota springs resort and spa is a first class property located in the lake buena vista area of disney world. they offer very nice two story suites with a full kitchen. for golfers the resort is located just across the street from the lake buena vista golf club. saratoga springs resort is a very nice place to stay on disney property. expensive.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Golf, Spa and Resort, Theme Park Trips
  • Written October 9, 2009
Tip Photo

saratoga springs resort and spa

• gracia.walker profile photo gracia.walker
  • Reviews: 1

Celebration Hotel: Celebration Hotels For Celebrating Life Moments

This hotel makes true of its name because visitor came here for celebrating his holidays with cool and funny days. This hotel provide all the facilities of expansive hotel and enjoy all visitors with its amenities.

Restaurant on site
separate smoking property
parking
business center
closer to disney world and airport

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 23, 2009

• wendygemdavis profile photo wendygemdavis
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mystic Dunes Resort Orlando, FL: The Largest, Most Economical, & Beautiful Resort

My family stayed at the Mystic Dunes Resort. It was only minutes from WDW and we had over 2200 sq ft! Our bill for 5 days was only $900, which includes 11% tax. We got the 3 bedroom suite, which is enough room for 12 people. You could easily get the 2 bedroom suite and cut costs. They had a 52" flat screen in the main living area. It is situated on hundreds of acres of golfing. The linens were white and super comfortable! We had two full kitchens, two full living areas, three full baths, and so much more. They have a free shuttle running every day. They have 4 heated pools with a 2 story slide at one. We loved it!
Prof Wendy Davis

• Written May 25, 2012

• PinkFloydActuary profile photo PinkFloydActuary
  • Reviews: 922

Disney's Port Orleans - French Quarter: Good place to stay

There's so much to decide on when picking where to stay at WDW. The places that access the parks the best are the most expensive. The cheapest are still decent quality - but the bus rides can take forever. We ended up choosing a middle ground with the POFQ. We were closer to the parks (still had to take a bus), but didn't have to pay the top $ onsite.

(When figuring the cost of staying onsite, recall that with the bus system, you likely won't need to rent a car, take a cab, etc. if you plan on staying onsite the whole time.)

The complex is fairly sprawling - there are seven buildings that house rooms. The theme, of course, is the Big Easy and Mardis Gras.

In the center of the complex are all the amenities - the bus stop, a food court style restaurant, arcade, fairly good sized gift shop, and pool. The bus stop is a little of a free for all. Buses pull up with a sign as to where they are going and everyone tries to cram on. We never did stop anywhere else however, as most of the buses filled up here. The food court is a solid choice for breakfast - you'll usually be out and about for other meals. The arcade is small and extremely expensive. The pool area is cool - nothing too deep, but lots of chairs, a waterfall, and a waterslide. Kids had a great time.

The hotel is also on the Sassagoula River. There's a walking path along this where you can walk to the Port Orleans Riverside, and also you can catch a boat here to Downtown Disney if you get tired of the buses. Note the boats can get full later in the day, so you may have a wait.

The rooms are in great condition, and the cleaning staff does a wonderful job, including leaving little "towel animals" for the kids. Rooms have refrigerators, safes, and I really like the curtain between the sink and sleeping areas - made it nice to get going in the morning without waking everyone. My understanding is they recently remodeled quite a bit - the beds seemed newer and led to very good night's sleep.

The staff is friendly, check-in and -out were very easy. All in all, this was a really good choice, especially for our first time there. Not the cheapest place, but a good balance of all you can get.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written July 8, 2012
Tip Photo

Center of the action

• our2jbboys profile photo our2jbboys
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Main Gate East: Pleasant staff and affordable rates

I found this hotel to be affordable, convenient to disney and shopping and all of the hotel staff that I encountered was extremely friendly. Rooms where typical of a Holiday Inn; clean, somewhat spacious, good ammenaties, etc... If you stay, ask for a room in the rear tower. We stayed in the front tower, because we were offered an inexpensive upgrade, and the noise from the street was a little bothersome at night. Other than that every thing else about the hotel was very nice.
One thing I should probably mention is that we reserved this room on Priceline and received a pretty good discount compared to the average cost per night.

The one thing that really stood out to me was the willingness of the staff to go the extra mile. Upon arrival we were offered a very affordable upgrade from two double beds to a double and a bunk bed with a wall seperating the sleeping areas. When the alarm in an empty room next to us went off at 4 a.m. the staff took care of it within minutes after I called and we never heard again the entire time of our stay. At check out there was a minor discrepancy on the paymant meathod- they charged my credit card automaticlly and I had wanted to pay cash -the accountant was brought up to the front desk right away and the problem was taken care of immediately.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average