Marriott Orlando World Center Resort

Tags

Theme Park Trips
See Amenities

Loud

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 12, 2011

My room adjoins a room converted to a house keeper work space. Each night members of the house keeping staff gather there each night and proceed to talk, laugh, and have a all around great time, the problem being that the walls are thin and on my side it sounds a bit like a crowded cocktail party. Calls to the front resulted in no response and noise has continued unabated. One would think, a quiet room would not be to much to ask but apparently it is at the Marriott World Center.

Unique Quality: Nice Pool

Never Again....

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 8, 2011

First impressions mean alot to me, and my first impression of the hotel staff was terrible. My wife pulls up to the front entrance to let me out to got check in, and we are approached by valet before I even get out of the car. "What are you doing?" he says. I said "checking in". He says, "could you move your vehicle down by the golf entrance (about 75 yards from the entrance). It was obvious that if you did not choose to pay the extra $15 for valet parking over the $13 per day charge for parking, then you were going to get mistreated.

I went inside as my wife parked down by the golf course. Inadequate staffing at the front desk amounted to around 30 minutes to get checked in. The check-in clerk was rude and concise and offered no additional info. I had to ask about parking and how to get to my room!

On my way out of the hotel, I grab a hotel cart and push it down to our vehicle to begin loading our luggage. I have two teenage sons and a six year old son, so we have plenty of luggage for our five day stay. Already a little disgusted about my first impression of the hotel staff, along comes a bell hop. He asks if we were checking in. I said yes, but we did not need any assistance. He looks at me and says "I can't let you use the cart". I asked him to please get his supervisor. He continued to be disresptful as I asked him again to get his supervisor. I finally told him that we were not going to unload the cart, and I have asked you two times to get your supervisor. He finally says that he is going to allow me to use the cart, but then he starts asking me to lie if someone asks me where I got it. He also starts rambling about making sure I brought the cart back to the lobby.

By now - I am ready to explode!!! My wife and kids were embarassed to say the least, and I was ready to wheel the cart into the hotel pool.

The room was very basic, but the pool was awesome. The staff is mismanaged.

Unique Quality: Great Pool and workout facility.

Better have your own transportation

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 11, 2010

It's all about money at the Marriott World Center in Orlando. Hope you have deep pockets if you plan to stay there.

My girlfriend attended a conference at the Marriott World Center in Orlando in August of 2010, and I tagged along just to get out of town for a few days. The hotel is very large and prides itself in being a luxury resort, but it has many faults. The biggest drawback to this place is that it's very isolated from the local area. I could see Downtown Disney from the balcony in our room, and it was maybe less than two miles away, but there is a freeway between you and it and walking is out of the question.

If you don't have your own car, expect to pay $15 PER person round trip via shuttle van to go to any of the parks or attractions. My girlfriend and I spent approximately $12 + tip one way to travel to Downtown Disney. And if you do have your own car, parking in the garage is about $14 per day. Near the end of our stay, I rented a car from Hertz located in the hotel and still had to pay for parking. You'd think the hotel would cut a car renter a break if renting from an in-house provider.

Concerning the room itself, opening the door to our room was a constant chore as we had to give the handle a hard shove for it to open. In the room, the TV was a small 20" model that was not flat screen as you think a luxury hotel would provide, and the reception left something to be desired. There was no free internet access, in fact it cost about $15 per day. I have been to smaller, less expensive hotels that provide free Wi-Fi internet access. Not here.

The toilet didn't work that well, as the tank had difficulty refilling. The light in the bathroom was a type that turned on dim and had to warm up to become bright... not very safe. When you took a shower, there was an odor that smelled like something burning.

There are several restaurants in the hotel, which is a good thing if you can't afford to leave the hotel, but they are very pricey. There is a food court on the bottom floor, but the food is pretty lousy. We had a pepperoni pizza one evening and it tasted like a frozen pizza warmed up.

There are snacks offered in the rooms, but the prices for them were OUTRAGEOUS. I developed a head cold when I arrived at the hotel (not their fault, of course) and had to buy cold medicine in the store in the lobby at $1.59 per two tablets, per dose.

Price gouging runs amok in this hotel, so if you're planning a conference or event at this place, DON'T. Pick another location, like on International Drive, where your attendees can actually go somewhere on foot or catch an inexpensive trolley.

Unique Quality: This hotel does have a great pool with numerous sauna pools, I'll give them that. That was the only saving grace during my stay.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center a few days over the 4th of July weekend. We go to Orlando every 6 weeks or so and I can say I have NEVER had such a bad resort hotel experience.

NOTE: The entire trip there was no hot water for showering (not even warm enough to be comfortable) no matter if morning or after midnight (a few of the staff acted like we were the only ones, but after multiple calls we find out they are aware of the problem). The self parking is too far to walk, so they run a shuttle. There was only 1 shuttle even though the number of people at most times of day is more than can fit on it - it takes 30 or more minutes to get to your car or back to the room!! If that wasn't inconvenient enough, the elevators are sometimes a 5 minute wait and then they were so full, many people had to wait for another one. We were told the front desk staff does not disclose any of the fees you will be charged (unless someone asks). The parking is $13 or $14 per day to self park, valet was about $10 more per day. They also fail to disclose that if you are going to have to pay to park - the hotel has a package deal for about $3 more per day that includes in-room wired internet, a bottle of water daily, $5 per day game room tokens, dry cleaning discounts and free driving range balls/clubs. The internet itself is $14.95 per day in the room, so if you do not request resort package from front desk you will pay double if you park and still do not get the extra perks!! It costs $18 per person per day to get a shuttle to Disney (most every hotel within 10 miles has free shuttle). The lobby is poorly designed and you can expect to have a 25 line deep wait for check-in - nowhere near enough staff. The lobby is over crowded and does not have comfortable places to sit and wait with luggage or for your car (unless you want to wait at the lounge/bar). The front desk staff ignores problems.

Make sure you don't stay here and expect to walk anywhere other than on property. It is not withing walking distance of other restaurants. The on-site restaurants are very expensive.

Bottom line - this hotel has so many rooms that the building/services are simply not able to handle the capacity. It is NOT A PLACE TO STAY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A RELAXING HOLIDAY!

The hotel is luxury class as a Marriott is expected to be, it is just too bad it is so POORLY managed.

Unique Quality: The building is impressive, glass elevators are interesting, rooms are comfortable and well appointed. Beds have down pillows and comforter. Granite bath counters with double sink. There is a large, impressive pool, but still not large enough for the crowds staying here. The golf course surrounding the hotel is well manicured and pretty. Views from the upper floors are great. There are some planned activities for kids. There is a small game room, fitness center, food court/deli and many on-site restaurants.

Bobby_Sinatra's Profile Photo

Probably the best

by written on March 13, 2008

Driving down international drive you cant but miss this hotel as it dominates the view.

As someone who usually prefers the comfort of an apartment on holidays this made a great change and as soon as we walked in we knew it was going to be a great place to stay.

The room service was excellent, the staff very helpful when asking for local tips. There was always a taxi outside on hand to catch.

The best thing about the hotel was the pool area and bar. It was a lovely outside lagoon which I was able to spend alot of time at and enjoy.

Unique Quality: Has to be the excellent views from some of the rooms and the outside lagoon area.

Jannacle's Profile Photo

The BEST Resort in Florida!!!

by written on May 6, 2004

This Resort.Convention Center was everything I want in lodging. The architecture was glorious, the food was excellent, the service, the golf course, nothing was lacking during our visit. We came to take the kids to Disney World and I got to enjoy my vacation so much more than expected because of our stay at the Marriott Orland World Center. The Resort is split into towers we stayed in the West Tower and had a terrace walking right onto what we called the "quite pool". I highly reccommend this Resort to anyone looking for World Class Lodging!

Unique Quality: The "quite pool" off the West Tower was very large and surrounded by palm trees of course and other lush tropical vegetation. The cabana boy was particularly indulgant and the bar offered the average in drinks. Soothing music played in the background. I could have lay all day at that pool. There is a small sectioned off childrens fountain with pool near by and a large hot tub but this pool was usually used by adults who wanted peace and quiet. The main pool (Waterfall pool) was also lovely and had several waterfalls, and bars and a sandbox in the center for children. It has a shallow children's pool and a hot tub. There was a waterslide, etc. to entertain the older kids. The pool area was huge and even during the middle of the day the lawn chairs were never all full. The arcade is also large and well maintained. When my 4 year old wanted to take a "ride" to the 29th floor on the glass elevator (beautiful view of Orlando from the top) security treated us very respectfully.

Directions: This resort is 1.7 miles from Disney World.

Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

My pick (vacation - hotel - high budget)

by written on June 1, 2003

I am a big Marriott fan and this property ranks high among my preferred in the US. I love the place.

The hotel has 200 acres, a championship golf course, award-winning restaurants, a spa and a convention center.

Check seasonal special offers because you may get rates a low as $145 at certain times of the year.

Unique Quality: Rooms are neat and comfortable. The hotel is a few minutes from Disney just across I-4 highway. The Lake Buena Vista shopping mall is very close as well as the newest Florida Outlets. Great service, great food, a huge pool with tropical landscaping, game rooms for kids. The price is moderate and you get much more for the money here than at any Disney property. Check the condos in the same property if you visit with your kids.

Nearby Marriott Orlando World Center Resort

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

Fiddler's Green
Ship or Boat
British
Restaurants
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs