Marriott Vista Grande Villas

11501 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32821

• Room Theft

We had a Nintendo DSi and game cards (value $500) stolen from our hotel room most likely by housekeeping.

Housekeeping did not come to our condo suite until the 7th day of our 9 day stay. During those 7 days, my son played with his DSi whenever he had free time. He left the game system on a table in the bedroom. On our 7th day at the resort we were out all day and upon returning we saw that housekeeping had come in (beds were made, linen and supplies were replenished) and the DSi was gone.

After a thorough search we called the front desk the next morning and someone from Loss Prevention came to take our report. He seemed completely disinterested and unsympathetic. After a day of no response, my husband made several calls to different hotel personnel but no one seemed to be able to address our problem. We had to deal with 3 different people from Loss Prevention before someone called us back. He told us that the housekeeper who came to our room was questioned and she said that she “did not see any DSi in our room”. He then told us to call their Insurance Company to make a claim. We wanted to know the name of the person whom had been in our room but was told that it was confidential information. We have stayed in many hotels before and usually a card is left with the name of the housekeeper. I don’t know why this establishment chooses to promote secrecy over accountability and transparency.

We felt that we were given the “runaround”, no one took us seriously and there was no policy in place to prevent or deter housekeeping theft.

We are very surprised and disappointed that the Marriot-such a huge and reputable (so we thought) hotel chain would operate like this.

We will not return to this resort again nor recommend it to anyone due to their shoddy handling of room theft. This could certainly happen again to us and other guests.

My 11 year old son felt very dejected and personally violated. He had over 250 pictures and creative art work stored on a SD card in the game system. This really put a black cloud over our vacation. LOCK EVERYTHING!!!

Unique Quality: Great pool and grounds

• Bed Bugs!

The Marriotte grande Vista is a lovely place. We stayed there on the 23rd-30th of August of this year. Our room was real nice. The first night was ok but by the mornign my fiance' and I were bitten by bugs. That night we came to the front desk for them to do something for us. They had us put all our cloths in the trunk of the car and moved us at 1am. Loss prevention came that night after we got settled in and took a report. The next day they said the room was checked out and there were no bugs and if we needed it we would have to seach out our own medical attention. We did but as my fiance' and I have different insurance we had to got to different urgent centers at two different times. Funny thing is that these two doctors gave us the same diagnosis, and meds.....Bed Bugs!!! Ok so we still had access to our old room and looked at it days later and it was exactly as we left it! Even the tv was still on!! Well they offered to send our clothes out to be cleaned but our stuff would not be back till our return flight home would have landed. We had no clothes except the ones we were wearing and spent alot of time in our new room because we were bitten from head to toe. Nice vacation that we hadf been planning for a year. No theme parks! We had antibiotic cream all over us, and 3 medications to fix this mess. Funny...if our old room was ok why didn't the maid clean it up all the time we were there..yet she was at our new room every morning..hmm..now Liberty Mutual(there insurance) asked us to send all the bills and perscriptions ,so we did. They called today and said Marriotte was not liable. Way to trat a paying customer. I remember when the name Marriotte ment something to us little people. Not anymore. We were very discrete when we notified the manager because we did not want to cause alarm for business. Well, not anymore. I do hope they treat others better than they treated us.

Unique Quality: Pools were nice.

• Orlando's Worst Lodging Traveler Beware

I booked this to check out the timeshare before purchasing. They promised a one bedroom suite and I received a studio which did not have a working air conditioner. There was a beautiful view of the golf course from the balcony which was covered with bugs. These bugs ended up in the room along with one of the ever present lizards. Also this facility looked like a hotel room would look after spring break. The couch was worn and torn in several places. A few of the dishes were chipped and most of the staff were rude though there were some employees who did seem to be helpful or at least somewhat friendly. On check in I noticed that they would take the better dressed or people who were driving more expensive vehicles. When I went into purchase a golf shirt for my father in the Pro Shop next to Nick's Grill the employee actually told me that they did have a dress code and likely wouldn't serve me when I asked about the restaurant. I was wearing the typical vacationers attire of t-shirt and jeans. Also when I did the tour they kept me waiting longer than was necessaryand did the expected....promising everything and delivering nothing. I used to be completely sold on Marriott due to using their hotel properties exclusively for business travel but after this stay I would warn the unwary traveler to stay elsewhere. The Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Dr within a block of this timeshare did prove to be outstanding both in service and the physical environment. It also had some of the best activities and more shuttle pickup and drop off times than any of the other resorts.

Unique Quality: This facility does not deliver what they promise. Buyer beware and do check out other lodging as the management just doesn't seem to care if you have any issues with their property.

Directions: Right down the street from the Hilton Grand Vacation Club which proved to be outstanding in value, amenities and service provided.

• Try2sueme's Profile Photo

Sweet Suite!

My family and I visited the Grand Vista in August 2006. My side of the family decided that they were going to have a family reunion of all places Orlando, and of all times of the year AUGUST!!!! My wife booked us at the GV, because no one in my disorganized family knew where anyone else was staying. The 1st word that comes to mind as you enter the grounds...STUNNING!!!! Every detail was meticulously manicured. Every crease in linen seemed to be there for a purpose. The staff all seemed happy and pleasent. They all genuinely wanted to be there to help assist us in our every need. Every question we had were answered...every request we made were granted. The pools..(yes Pools) were all beautiful! Our children had a blast everyday. Everytime we turned there seeemed to be something else to discover.
    Now to the room..OMG!!! Luxury at it's best. We were fortunate to have a room directly facing the 9th hole of the golf course. It was peaceful and there was even a screened in porch which we used every night sipping on cocktails.
    Once the family had realized where we were staying they all were over at the GV for the last 3 nights of our vacation. The staff treated them like they were paying guests.
    I would definately recomend the Grand Vista for anyone, on any budget...it's worth it!

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Marriott's Grande Vista

I have stayed at most of the Marriott hotels and resorts in the Orlando area and my feeling is that Grande Vista is ideal if you are willing to play golf during your vacation or you need a large 3-room appartment. For any other purpose I believe that Sabal Palms or Cypress Harbour are more convenient.

Nevertheless, this is an excellent property with all the amenities that Marriott envisioned for its superb vacation club resorts like 5 heated swimming pools, whirlpool spas, steam rooms, sauna tower, fitness center, tennis courts and a kids' activity center with organized activities program for children and teenagers.

Unique Quality: GOLF:
    This resort hosts the Faldo Golf Institute with a nine-hole course, 35-acre practice area and state-of-the-art teaching facilities. Additionally Marriott's Grande Pines golf course is located across the road from Grande Vista.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

We thought it would be something different..

And it was, on Marriott's internet site they had a great over for this time share village...

Only half price, which meant $ 77,00 dollar per night per room... So we booked it for 3 days this winter..

We used Maporama to tell us the way....and followed...the map....that was wrong....don't use it for this one you'll and up in a Villa Village..We needed to call to hotel to find it...and it was so easy once we knew it....

Unique Quality: This timeshare village consist out of grouped buildings which are 6 floors high. They have two kinds of rooms which can be connected to one large appartment... We had the smaller part of it which had a reasonably large bathroom with the small bath most hotels have...There was also a small kitchen with a cooler and microwave. The room itself is spacious and had a king bed with a living room.. It also had a balcony with a view over one the pools..

There was a village center with a bar, arcade, childrens playhouse, sauna and more..

All in all it was a great hotel, no complaints...

Pictures taken december 2003

Directions: Close to Seaworld on international Drive

More about Marriott Vista Grande Villas

Magically Grande Hotel!!!

What more can be said of this magically wonderful hotel! Comfortable rooms, with many amenities, beautifully landscaped, and close to EVERYTHING! We stayed the last week of May and the first week of June, 2003. I had carefully researched tons of the surrounding hotels, and was very pleased with our choice. We own a timeshare in Kauai, and had traded our week for Orlando. The resort was incredibly clean, and the staff, pleasant and ready to accomidate requests. The pool was crystal clear, and what few shops they had were fun for great browsing! They also had a walking trail, about a mile long, if that. Lush and green!
Enough can't be said of the villas' jacuzzi... so relaxing at the end of a long hot day, running around amusement parks. The full kitchen and washer and dryer came in handy. We lugged around less luggage with us since we knew we would have the washer and dryer in our unit! One suggestion if you get out that way... go see "La Nouba." It's a Cirque Du Soleil production. It'll be one of the most memorable activities you do in Orlando! Visit our website for pictures of the Grande Vista and surrounding theme parks! www.ResortHoppers.com

Wonderful stay!

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Grande Vista.We have three children ages 4,8 & 13. All of the other reviews say it quite well, the Grande Vista is a first class resort that that is wonderfully located to all of the major attractions, especially Sea World which was our family favorite. My husband and son played golf every day. There are many superb courses located nearby .My husband highly recommends the course at the Ritz Carlton. The faldo course is fine but only 9 holes.
The units are spacious and beautifully decorated. We would definitely stay again.

Beautiful place and wonderful accomodating staff & Great Pools

by TripAdvisor Member mdebot

This place is gorgeous and perfect for children. Our family which consisted of three children ages 2,3,5 all had a blast. The kiddie pool and the adult pools are beautiful. The staff are extremely helpful. Every time I asked for something for our room, it arrived in a timely manner. The two bedroom villa was huge with a beautiful view of the golf course. The villas are all situated so that they look at the lake or at the golf course. You really don't get a bad room. Our family walked on the conservation trail, road surrey bikes, played in the pools, and enjoyed the indoor kids center which had a great big playland. We will return next year!

No hot water for 4 days!

by TripAdvisor Member minegirl

This place is gorgeous, rooms are large, nice furnishings, etc. BUT we had no hot water for our whole 4-day stay over Thanksgiving! Repeated calls to the desk and a personal request to the maintenance supervisor never yielded any hot water! Follow up by the staff was non-existent!

Orlando with Young Children

by rsipe70

Hi there,

I will be traveling with my husband, grandmother and two young boys to Orlando the first week of May 2007. We are staying at the Marriott Grande Vista from Wednesday, May 2nd through Sunday, May 6th. We are flying in early Wednesday and flying out late Sunday evening so we have 5 full days. Should we rent a car or rely on public transportation and shuttles?
I was wondering if anyone had any itinerary recommendations for a 7 year old and 3 yr old boy. There are so many park choices to chose from. Both of my kids lean toward the older side of their age. 7 year old loves rollercoasters so those are a given. SeaWorld is a given as well. Is it worth it to try and book a character breakfast? If it is, where is the best place to do it?
Also any recommendations on the best place to buy park hopper tickets or if there was a better way to go instead of park hopper-this info would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
rsipe

by cacosta

Magic Kingdom will be good for both ages. MGM and EPCOT will be better for the 7year old and the adults. Park hoppers are good if you plan on doing 2 or more parks a day.

by virtualpatrick

Reservations for the official character breakfast at the Magic Kingdom are done by phone and start 90 days in advance of the date you want to go. I should know. my brother and I teamed up to get a slot 90 days before their trip.

However, I believe in Epcot, there's a type of character breakfast minus Cinderella. Try searching online or browse one of those "Unofficial" Guides to Disney at the bookstore/library.

See http://www.wdwplanner.com/characterdining.htm

patrick

by virtualpatrick

Sorry ... just asked my brother, it was 6 months before the date for the start of reservations for the main character breakfast at Cinderella's Magic Kingdom.

by rsipe70

Thanks so much for the reply. I really appreciate your time and insight.

Robin

by JonoMan

Hey!

RENT A CAR!!! It's easy to drive around Orlando. Public transport is HORRIBLE!

-Islands of Adventure (Universal) - A must!
-Disneyworld (Park Hopper) - Watch the show Wishes at Magic Kingdom!
-Blizzard Beach (Disney) - Best water park!

Shopping: Orlando Premium Outlets, Florida Mall, Mall at Milennia!

Comments