Marriott Vista Grande Villas

Tags

Theme Park Trips Luxury Travel Road Trip

Room Theft

by written on October 5, 2011

We had a Nintendo DSi and game cards (value $500) stolen from our hotel room most likely by housekeeping.

Housekeeping did not come to our condo suite until the 7th day of our 9 day stay. During those 7 days, my son played with his DSi whenever he had free time. He left the game system on a table in the bedroom. On our 7th day at the resort we were out all day and upon returning we saw that housekeeping had come in (beds were made, linen and supplies were replenished) and the DSi was gone.

After a thorough search we called the front desk the next morning and someone from Loss Prevention came to take our report. He seemed completely disinterested and unsympathetic. After a day of no response, my husband made several calls to different hotel personnel but no one seemed to be able to address our problem. We had to deal with 3 different people from Loss Prevention before someone called us back. He told us that the housekeeper who came to our room was questioned and she said that she “did not see any DSi in our room”. He then told us to call their Insurance Company to make a claim. We wanted to know the name of the person whom had been in our room but was told that it was confidential information. We have stayed in many hotels before and usually a card is left with the name of the housekeeper. I don’t know why this establishment chooses to promote secrecy over accountability and transparency.

We felt that we were given the “runaround”, no one took us seriously and there was no policy in place to prevent or deter housekeeping theft.

We are very surprised and disappointed that the Marriot-such a huge and reputable (so we thought) hotel chain would operate like this.

We will not return to this resort again nor recommend it to anyone due to their shoddy handling of room theft. This could certainly happen again to us and other guests.

My 11 year old son felt very dejected and personally violated. He had over 250 pictures and creative art work stored on a SD card in the game system. This really put a black cloud over our vacation. LOCK EVERYTHING!!!

Unique Quality: Great pool and grounds

Bed Bugs!

by written on October 20, 2010

The Marriotte grande Vista is a lovely place. We stayed there on the 23rd-30th of August of this year. Our room was real nice. The first night was ok but by the mornign my fiance' and I were bitten by bugs. That night we came to the front desk for them to do something for us. They had us put all our cloths in the trunk of the car and moved us at 1am. Loss prevention came that night after we got settled in and took a report. The next day they said the room was checked out and there were no bugs and if we needed it we would have to seach out our own medical attention. We did but as my fiance' and I have different insurance we had to got to different urgent centers at two different times. Funny thing is that these two doctors gave us the same diagnosis, and meds.....Bed Bugs!!! Ok so we still had access to our old room and looked at it days later and it was exactly as we left it! Even the tv was still on!! Well they offered to send our clothes out to be cleaned but our stuff would not be back till our return flight home would have landed. We had no clothes except the ones we were wearing and spent alot of time in our new room because we were bitten from head to toe. Nice vacation that we hadf been planning for a year. No theme parks! We had antibiotic cream all over us, and 3 medications to fix this mess. Funny...if our old room was ok why didn't the maid clean it up all the time we were there..yet she was at our new room every morning..hmm..now Liberty Mutual(there insurance) asked us to send all the bills and perscriptions ,so we did. They called today and said Marriotte was not liable. Way to trat a paying customer. I remember when the name Marriotte ment something to us little people. Not anymore. We were very discrete when we notified the manager because we did not want to cause alarm for business. Well, not anymore. I do hope they treat others better than they treated us.

Unique Quality: Pools were nice.

Orlando's Worst Lodging Traveler Beware

by written on October 23, 2007

I booked this to check out the timeshare before purchasing. They promised a one bedroom suite and I received a studio which did not have a working air conditioner. There was a beautiful view of the golf course from the balcony which was covered with bugs. These bugs ended up in the room along with one of the ever present lizards. Also this facility looked like a hotel room would look after spring break. The couch was worn and torn in several places. A few of the dishes were chipped and most of the staff were rude though there were some employees who did seem to be helpful or at least somewhat friendly. On check in I noticed that they would take the better dressed or people who were driving more expensive vehicles. When I went into purchase a golf shirt for my father in the Pro Shop next to Nick's Grill the employee actually told me that they did have a dress code and likely wouldn't serve me when I asked about the restaurant. I was wearing the typical vacationers attire of t-shirt and jeans. Also when I did the tour they kept me waiting longer than was necessaryand did the expected....promising everything and delivering nothing. I used to be completely sold on Marriott due to using their hotel properties exclusively for business travel but after this stay I would warn the unwary traveler to stay elsewhere. The Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Dr within a block of this timeshare did prove to be outstanding both in service and the physical environment. It also had some of the best activities and more shuttle pickup and drop off times than any of the other resorts.

Unique Quality: This facility does not deliver what they promise. Buyer beware and do check out other lodging as the management just doesn't seem to care if you have any issues with their property.

Directions: Right down the street from the Hilton Grand Vacation Club which proved to be outstanding in value, amenities and service provided.

Try2sueme's Profile Photo

Sweet Suite!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 12, 2007

My family and I visited the Grand Vista in August 2006. My side of the family decided that they were going to have a family reunion of all places Orlando, and of all times of the year AUGUST!!!! My wife booked us at the GV, because no one in my disorganized family knew where anyone else was staying. The 1st word that comes to mind as you enter the grounds...STUNNING!!!! Every detail was meticulously manicured. Every crease in linen seemed to be there for a purpose. The staff all seemed happy and pleasent. They all genuinely wanted to be there to help assist us in our every need. Every question we had were answered...every request we made were granted. The pools..(yes Pools) were all beautiful! Our children had a blast everyday. Everytime we turned there seeemed to be something else to discover.
Now to the room..OMG!!! Luxury at it's best. We were fortunate to have a room directly facing the 9th hole of the golf course. It was peaceful and there was even a screened in porch which we used every night sipping on cocktails.
Once the family had realized where we were staying they all were over at the GV for the last 3 nights of our vacation. The staff treated them like they were paying guests.
I would definately recomend the Grand Vista for anyone, on any budget...it's worth it!

Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Marriott's Grande Vista

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2004

I have stayed at most of the Marriott hotels and resorts in the Orlando area and my feeling is that Grande Vista is ideal if you are willing to play golf during your vacation or you need a large 3-room appartment. For any other purpose I believe that Sabal Palms or Cypress Harbour are more convenient.

Nevertheless, this is an excellent property with all the amenities that Marriott envisioned for its superb vacation club resorts like 5 heated swimming pools, whirlpool spas, steam rooms, sauna tower, fitness center, tennis courts and a kids' activity center with organized activities program for children and teenagers.

Unique Quality: GOLF:
This resort hosts the Faldo Golf Institute with a nine-hole course, 35-acre practice area and state-of-the-art teaching facilities. Additionally Marriott's Grande Pines golf course is located across the road from Grande Vista.

mafootje's Profile Photo

We thought it would be something different..

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 23, 2003

And it was, on Marriott's internet site they had a great over for this time share village...

Only half price, which meant $ 77,00 dollar per night per room... So we booked it for 3 days this winter..

We used Maporama to tell us the way....and followed...the map....that was wrong....don't use it for this one you'll and up in a Villa Village..We needed to call to hotel to find it...and it was so easy once we knew it....

Unique Quality: This timeshare village consist out of grouped buildings which are 6 floors high. They have two kinds of rooms which can be connected to one large appartment... We had the smaller part of it which had a reasonably large bathroom with the small bath most hotels have...There was also a small kitchen with a cooler and microwave. The room itself is spacious and had a king bed with a living room.. It also had a balcony with a view over one the pools..

There was a village center with a bar, arcade, childrens playhouse, sauna and more..

All in all it was a great hotel, no complaints...

Pictures taken december 2003

Directions: Close to Seaworld on international Drive

2 Photos of Marriott Vista Grande Villas

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

British
Kennedy Space Center
Church Street Station
Favorites
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs